Check this out guys! (Shadow Wulf, especially!)

The place for anything at all...
Alpha
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Stressed

Check this out guys! (Shadow Wulf, especially!)

Post by Alpha »

Volkodlak
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Bored

Re: Check this out guys! (Shadow Wulf, especially!)

Post by Volkodlak »

i think they kinda made odd head it has basic lines of lycan but thats all
Sevena

Post by Sevena »

Last edited by Sevena on Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Volkodlak
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Volkodlak »

Sevena wrote:Nice gotee :P Not sure I understand their placement of the hair.Looks more like this lycan has his hair actually styled. Detail in the skin is pretty decent though.
Skin is wrong color.there are design flaws too i wonder how much they studied lycans design
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Damn its been forever since my last post but I decided to log in and Alpha sent me a message about this topic. And would you look at that it's about the lycan statue that I happened to preordered at about the same time he posted this. XD

I agree it has some flaws such as skin color and shape of the head and face but it's the best thing I can get my hands on in this market right now that involves an underworld lycan figure. I already have most of the payments done already, I will get the last bill when the statue is released. :D
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Alpha
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Alpha »

Shadow Wulf wrote:I agree it has some flaws such as skin color and shape of the head and face but it's the best thing I can get my hands on in this market right now that involves an underworld lycan figure.

Ditto! It's not perfect, but I still like it, and am definitely getting one! I can't wait til it ships.

Now, if someone would just do a spot-on statue of your animated gif, I'd be a very happy camper! :D
Volkodlak
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Volkodlak »

Alpha wrote:
Shadow Wulf wrote:I agree it has some flaws such as skin color and shape of the head and face but it's the best thing I can get my hands on in this market right now that involves an underworld lycan figure.

Ditto! It's not perfect, but I still like it, and am definitely getting one! I can't wait til it ships.

Now, if someone would just do a spot-on statue of your animated gif, I'd be a very happy camper! :D
are you sure they didnt do it allready alpha?
Alpha
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Alpha »

lovec1990 wrote:are you sure they didnt do it allready alpha?

Well, unless you're aware of something that I don't know about, then yeah.

I've always wanted a statue of Van Wolfie ever since I first saw the movie. And no, I don't mean this one. I want one that is an 'exact' likeness of the werewolf that Hugh Jackman turned into.

Volkodlak
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Volkodlak »

Alpha wrote:
lovec1990 wrote:are you sure they didnt do it allready alpha?

Well, unless you're aware of something that I don't know about, then yeah.

I've always wanted a statue of Van Wolfie ever since I first saw the movie. And no, I don't mean this one. I want one that is an 'exact' likeness of the werewolf that Hugh Jackman turned into.

i was looking this one. they are the same uderworld statue and this one in how much they resemble movie versions
Alpha
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Alpha »

The person who painted that particular statue did a good job on the color scheme, but the sculpt itself is off to me. Judging by the pose, I think this picture is what the statue was modeled after:

It would've been awesome if the statue actually looked more like this:

Volkodlak
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Volkodlak »

its good design but im not found of tank like WWs
Alpha
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Alpha »

I'll tell you what I'm not too fond of - the werewolves from Dog Soldiers. To me, they look like a taxidermy wolf's head stuck on top of a cheap looking rubber suit.

Volkodlak
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Volkodlak »

arent you guys for wolf heads and in this pic its seen cheap rubber suit besides its not cgi thats big plus too me
Alpha
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Alpha »

lovec1990 wrote:arent you guys for wolf heads
Not if they look like that. It looks like something that was rejected by a museum. To me, a werewolf should have a look that's just monstrous enough to differentiate it from an actual wolf.
Volkodlak
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Volkodlak »

you are right
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

You know I have a Dog Soldiers werewolf figure sitting above me and I it's one of the best werewolf figures you can buy for under $30, I just wish the ones in the movie looked like this. Not that rubber suit, the figure had nice tone of muscles and really looks intimidating.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Alpha
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Alpha »

I'm with you ^^^. I have no issues with the action figure itself. It's awesome! I also like the fact that it's in scale with the Doctor Who one.
Uniform Two Six
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Uniform Two Six »

Shadow Wulf wrote:You know I have a Dog Soldiers werewolf figure sitting above me and I it's one of the best werewolf figures you can buy for under $30, I just wish the ones in the movie looked like this. Not that rubber suit, the figure had nice tone of muscles and really looks intimidating.
Um... *poke, poke, poke* Pictures? PICTURES!!! :evil:

I like pictures...
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Uniform Two Six wrote:
Shadow Wulf wrote:You know I have a Dog Soldiers werewolf figure sitting above me and I it's one of the best werewolf figures you can buy for under $30, I just wish the ones in the movie looked like this. Not that rubber suit, the figure had nice tone of muscles and really looks intimidating.
Um... *poke, poke, poke* Pictures? PICTURES!!! :evil:

I like pictures...
Jesus Christ Two Six! Can't you google!! :lol:

Image Image
Volkodlak
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Volkodlak »

that hair on legs is weird and skin color isnt right
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

lovec1990 wrote:that hair on legs is weird and skin color isnt right
First of all the skin color is pretty accurate, second the skin color actually looks little better on this one since it's a nicer shade and third you are very picky with werewolf figures aren't you.
Image Image
Volkodlak
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Volkodlak »

not realy just if its said that figure resemble creature from movie it should resemble it right?
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Except they do resemble it. Lovec do you have any idea how hard it is to make a very accurate looking figure, mass produce it and keep it within an affordable price? This figure costed $15-$20 when it was released and stands a foot tall. It's not only accurate but actually improved on the design the figure looks much better than the movie, that's isn't said very often.

EDIT: I'm not trying to lash out on you but I think you are being overly critical on figurines when 9/10 figures that are made show flaws and aren't 100% accurate. The really really accurate ones tend to cost a lot of money and even then they aren't perfect.
Image Image
Volkodlak
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Volkodlak »

Shadow Wulf wrote:Except they do resemble it. Lovec do you have any idea how hard it is to make a very accurate looking figure, mass produce it and keep it within an affordable price? This figure costed $15-$20 when it was released and stands a foot tall. It's not only accurate but actually improved on the design the figure looks much better than the movie, that's isn't said very often.
i newer stated that figure itself isnt good on its own it is but resemblance is my problem. if they create figure of you but gives you more muscles and wrong eye and hair color is figure bad? no but it fails at resembling you.

still hair on feets is funny
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

The added muscle is a design choice that we aren't sure if it's something that the original creators wanted to do but lacked funding and materials or if the toy company just wanted it. If the figure has the basic features of a character then it resembles them, it doesn't take much. Let's look at Venom, one of my favorite Marvel characters, all the figures depicts him in all sorts of shape an sizes but you can tell it's him because if they have the basic most noticeable features down then you can recognize him, even if the figure itself is ugly. Eyes are very hard to do so if the eyes don't look deformed or has paint mishaps then they did a pretty good job. As for the skin and hair tone they work with what they got and if they get it just close enough then it's all they need. Again not trying to lash out on you, but just think you are being overly critical on small details from an industry that is known to show some design flaws in their products.
Image Image