The place for anything at all...
LupusDream
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Winter
Additional Details: i am a lover, hater and a out cast

If there was a cure...

Post by LupusDream »

if there was a cure for werewolf-ism who would take it? i am writing a new story about werewolf who want to take a cure because they had enough of the curse and what it has done to there family.

so i am just wondering if there was a cure who would take it? and why? if not, why not? is being a werewolf truly this amazing, if it is why do some want to be human? do you even think there is a cure some were out there? or is it just rumors and false hopes that werewolves have created to bring some hope to there kind.

i dont know. maybe there is a cure out there or maybe there is not.
there was a time when wolf and man walked along side each other, but one day wolf and man would walked as one

http://LupusDream.deviantart.com/ <- my art :D
Volkodlak
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Bored

Re: If there was a cure...

Post by Volkodlak »

i think at first all who were unwilingly bitten will be intrested in it,but after short period of time other factor will come to play:
-Are you turning into uncontrolable raging monster,if you are most would try to search for it and use it
-if you had some control or total control some will try to find cure some will accept what they become and try to live with it.

why would someone take a cure?
Because they cannot accept what they become,their life would be destroyed and fear from killing or harming someone close to you

being a werewolf truly this amazing, if it is why do some want to be human?
because they wouldnt be normal if they are WWs and you would need to hide what you are from people you love and others.

is there a cure?
i think there is a no cure
Florelline
Dealing with the Change
Dealing with the Change

Post by Florelline »

Like Lovec was saying, it comes down to what kind of werewolf they are and how they feel about it.

If they're an uncontrollable beast 1-3 nights a month, or just whenever they change, they might be more willing to find a cure for the sake of the general public and to deter the formation of mobs against the monster. However, if they're more docile then they might actually revel in their newfound gift.

At least that's how I'd see it. For example, my main werewolf did want it initially, and up to a few years after, but eventually grew into it and after a while, can't even remember how his personality was before.
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

I wouldn't trust it. All too often, the "cure" comes from religious zealots and comes in the form of a bullet in the cranium.

Plus, lycanthropy presumably comes with benefits, chief among them being regeneration. In that sense, lycanthropy could be considered a cure in itself, so curing yourself of it would mean de-vaccinating you against God only knows what.

With that in mind, I don't think the risk would be worth the reward. I'd rather take my chances with the continued transformations.
Volkodlak
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Volkodlak »

Terastas wrote:I wouldn't trust it. All too often, the "cure" comes from religious zealots and comes in the form of a bullet in the cranium.

Plus, lycanthropy presumably comes with benefits, chief among them being regeneration. In that sense, lycanthropy could be considered a cure in itself, so curing yourself of it would mean de-vaccinating you against God only knows what.

With that in mind, I don't think the risk would be worth the reward. I'd rather take my chances with the continued transformations.
regeneration it sounds nice but there are drawbacks too lets say you regenerate somehing human cant, wouldnt that rise questions and some could start avoiding you because what your body did isnt normal.

there are other drawbacks too:
-fear friend pulls a practical joke with snake, you freak out then...
-anger you get pissed at someone for straling your parking spot if you aren carful TF can hapen
-secret you need to keep it for yourself and lie to loved ones why you are absent every full moon
-you arent human anymore

you said: risk would be worth the reward, im saying with a gift there come a big price to pay
so some would stil search for cure the most desperate would find it in form of suicide
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

Post by Morkulv »

Why would anyone in their right mind nót have superhuman powers? There´s plenty of time to be a normal boring human being, if we´re following the traditional full moon werewolfism, so I don´t see why anyone would want to be cured.
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Trinity
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Midnite artist what arts at midnite!
Mood: Excited

Post by Trinity »

It would depending on the type and the downsides.
:wolfpaint:
LinkedIn - Dev Art - Behance - Facebook Page
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
She-wolf who stalked the forums when all else sane, slept.
Volkodlak
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Volkodlak »

Trinity wrote:It would depending on the type and the downsides.
you can create types and downsides like i did
Trinity
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Midnite artist what arts at midnite!
Mood: Excited

Post by Trinity »

^.^ True, but there are just so many combinations of "what if's" and "this and that's".

For me it would be primarily a control/danger thing. Not that I'm a control freak, but being out of control and a danger not just to myself but my family, community, etc - yeah either cure me or shoot me.

If I kept my mind and mental acuity after a change, then having no control over the change itself wouldn't be so bad.
:wolfpaint:
LinkedIn - Dev Art - Behance - Facebook Page
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
She-wolf who stalked the forums when all else sane, slept.
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Terastas »

lovec1990 wrote:regeneration it sounds nice but there are drawbacks too lets say you regenerate somehing human cant, wouldnt that rise questions and some could start avoiding you because what your body did isnt normal.
It depends, but the general rule of thumb is this: The faster it regenerates, the less likely anyone will see it, and the slower it regenerates, the more time I have to devise a cover story.
-fear friend pulls a practical joke with snake, you freak out then...
-anger you get pissed at someone for straling your parking spot if you aren carful TF can hapen
No offense, but if it was that easy to provoke someone into shifting, don't you think lycanthropy would be common knowledge by now? It's either not that easily provoked, or it's nonexistent altogether.
-secret you need to keep it for yourself and lie to loved ones why you are absent every full moon
Big whoop, I'm already doing that.
-you arent human anymore
Big whoop, I'm already being told that.
Volkodlak
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Volkodlak »

for provoking:some people are easy provoked some arent
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Terastas »

lovec1990 wrote:for provoking:some people are easy provoked some arent
The former being the people that wouldn't last a minute as a werewolf and shouldn't have been infected in the first place.
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

I like how in fiction its usually told that losing your humanity is such a bad thing, but they never specify this so you can never be sure about that. Is it the way we look, or behave? Or is it pure genetics? Either way I couldn't care less about humanity if I tried. There's about 7 billion humans on this planet, and somehow I'm supposed to be interested in us?

There was this show on MTV a few days back where they talk with girls about when its the right time to become friends on Facebook and show their status in a relationship.
THIS is the kind of deep psychological issues that plague humanity these days folks!I do not feel ashamed in the slightest to admit that I have no interest in it what so ever.

"Living as a beast". Why do people in fiction always assume that is a bad thing? None of the other characters usually know what its like being a werewolf, so this is just pure speculation. Maybe its totally awesome living like an animal, why not? Werewolvism always gets the blame for 'not being morally right', but the way I see there are plenty of reasons why its right. There are plenty of wild animals too and they seem to be doing pretty fine, so why should a werewolf feel guilty about it?
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Volkodlak
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Volkodlak »

Morkulv wrote: "Living as a beast". Why do people in fiction always assume that is a bad thing? None of the other characters usually know what its like being a werewolf, so this is just pure speculation. Maybe its totally awesome living like an animal, why not? Werewolvism always gets the blame for 'not being morally right', but the way I see there are plenty of reasons why its right. There are plenty of wild animals too and they seem to be doing pretty fine, so why should a werewolf feel guilty about it?
because script and director say so
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Terastas »

Morkulv wrote:"Living as a beast". Why do people in fiction always assume that is a bad thing? None of the other characters usually know what its like being a werewolf, so this is just pure speculation. Maybe its totally awesome living like an animal, why not? Werewolvism always gets the blame for 'not being morally right', but the way I see there are plenty of reasons why its right. There are plenty of wild animals too and they seem to be doing pretty fine, so why should a werewolf feel guilty about it?
Lovec pretty much called it this time. It's because there really wouldn't be any disadvantage to not being human without attaching all that convoluted crap that they claim is philosophical but which would be better described as bigoted narcissism.

But here's the thing: "Human" in that sense is a speculative definition. I've already been told a hundred times over that I'm no longer human because I voted for Obama -- I kid you not. Stupid, I know, but how would that be any different than what's being thrown around here?

Okay, werewolves no longer look human. But neither do Erik Sprague, Paul Lawrence or Dennis Avner. Are they still human and a werewolf not? If so, why?

Because lycanthropy is a disease? Okay, then how is that any different from Proteus syndrome, hypertrichosis or Podoconiosis?

For all that's associated with them, I don't consider werewolves to be something other than humans. I consider them to be humans with an extraordinary condition. So the only drawback wouldn't be "You're not human." It'd be that you're not human to certain other groups of people, most of which are a bunch of dumb angry bastards who likely consider you to be less than human already anyway.
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

Perhaps you're right. Perhaps there's also a reasonable ammount of religious undertone attached to these 'moral values'. While I don't want to take cheap shots at religion, it was the christian ministers that taught the early Germanic tribes that living with animals was a bad thing and immoral.
Volkodlak
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Volkodlak »

you know what wasnt mentioned are we talking virus based WWs or magical WWs

virus-if we talk about virus witch is very strong there would be no cure beside suicide to get rid of your condition,but i think there could be substances witch could supres unwanted change, but there would be price to pay for it.
magical-if they are magical cure could be real but it would be hard to find it because all older WWs would enjoy being WWs and kind forget what is cure so they couldnt help new one.

in first reply i forgot to mention this to:

If newly bitten finds true friends in local pack he would be less intrested in finding cure
Alpha
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Stressed

Post by Alpha »

Trinity wrote:It would depending on the type and the downsides.
This^^^^

If I were able to shift at will and had complete control over my crinos form (e.g., Lucian/Raze), then no, I wouldn't want the cure. But if the lycanthropy was like it was in AWIL or Bad Moon, then yes, I'd want to be cured. God forbid that I'd be responsible for killing innocent people.
Volkodlak
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Volkodlak »

honestly i would be in both cases intrested in cure because this condition made me something else,control and shifting at will would make things a lot better but main problem would be still present.