Would you use the monkey's paw?

The place for anything at all...
Kaged Tiger
Dealing with the Change
Dealing with the Change
Custom Title: Poetry in Motion

Would you use the monkey's paw?

Post by Kaged Tiger »

For those of you that don't know, The Monkey's Paw is a famous short story about a mystical paw that grants three wishes per owner, but they are granted in a negative way. For instance, in the story, they wish for 200 pounds and get it...from their son's place of employment after he is killed in an accident.The idea is don't mess with fate or something. Anyway, my question is would you use it knowing all this. Do you think you could beat it at its own game? What if there was no way to beat it? Would you still use it if you knew there was no way to avoid the negative consequences? Anyway, I'm pretty sure I know what most people on here would use one of their wishes for... :wink: Just sayin'
Sometimes you howl because only the moon will listen.
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Re: Would you use the monkey's paw?

Post by Terastas »

No, I wouldn't use it to become a werewolf. Or anything else unnatural, for that matter.

But yeah, I'd use it. Not sure on what though, because I'd put a great deal of thought into it, both what to wish for, and how I could possibly word it so that it's at least more likely to go sour in a way I can deal with.
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

Oh, yeah... wishing on a monkey's paw to become a werewolf... what could possibly go wrong?!? I wouldn't touch the thing, or if I accidentally already had, I'd put it down very carefully, being careful not to say anything or even think about anything.

Oops; I just thought of the Stay Puft Marshmellow Man...
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

Scott Gardener wrote:Oops; I just thought of the Stay Puft Marshmellow Man...
And that's another reason I'd just as soon use it. Maybe I'm just weird, but I think I'd prefer it if my impending doom felt like something I did to deserve. :P
Volkodlak
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Bored

Post by Volkodlak »

i aint playing with this stuff becouse it show that fate rule people's lives, and that those who interfere with it do it to their sorrow.

its black magic hands off this thing