The place for anything at all...
Volkodlak
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Bored

Fate of this forum

Post by Volkodlak »

Ok,

so guys and girls what do you think will this forum die or will come back too life?
Uniform Two Six
Legendary
Legendary

Re: Fate of this forum

Post by Uniform Two Six »

Well, frankly, I think it depends upon what's going on with Freeborn (which was really why this whole board got started in the first place). Remember that a few years back, this place had sort of reached the level it has at the moment, but then AB announced the re-launch, and this place was a zoo again. Our current record for number of people logged in at one time was made after the re-launch campaign, not back in the 2004-2005 timeframe. So, ultimately I think it sort of depends upon what happens with Hollywood. I hope the rest of the Pack doesn't give up on the board, but in the end they're going to migrate to where the action is. If Hollywood keeps refusing to express any interest in the project, then this place is going to continue to be a bit sparse.

I still have hope, though because there is a demand for a movie like Freeborn, and it doesn't look likely that AB is ever going to give up on it either.
BewareTheFullMoon
Dealing with the Change
Dealing with the Change

Post by BewareTheFullMoon »

I think it's kind of up to all of us how this forum goes. I am a brand new member, although I was aware of this forum's existence for quite some time. I didn't join because of Freeborn at all. I think the project sounds very interesting and I would like to see it get made, but ultimately I just wanted a place to discuss werewolves. As a Freeborn site the forum will die with the series if it is not produced. However, werewolves are always going to be around in one way or another and I think that if there is a lot of good werewolf discussion going on then the forum will survive. I think if there are more threads with recent posts that will help get more new members. I know I checked to see if there were any recent posts before joining. Also, maybe the admin could revamp the design a little bit. It has a really clean look (which I like) but graphically is kind of boring. I think it is possible that some pictures or something that screamed WEREWOLVES instead of just the Freeborn logo might attract new members.
Volkodlak
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Volkodlak »

BewareTheFullMoon wrote:I think it's kind of up to all of us how this forum goes. I am a brand new member, although I was aware of this forum's existence for quite some time. I didn't join because of Freeborn at all. I think the project sounds very interesting and I would like to see it get made, but ultimately I just wanted a place to discuss werewolves. As a Freeborn site the forum will die with the series if it is not produced. However, werewolves are always going to be around in one way or another and I think that if there is a lot of good werewolf discussion going on then the forum will survive. I think if there are more threads with recent posts that will help get more new members. I know I checked to see if there were any recent posts before joining. Also, maybe the admin could revamp the design a little bit. It has a really clean look (which I like) but graphically is kind of boring. I think it is possible that some pictures or something that screamed WEREWOLVES instead of just the Freeborn logo might attract new members.
Me too, but soon i realised that most people on this forum are not willing too discuss werewolfs, but just waiting for freeborn news and you can check registered members more than 40% did not post a single post.
Uniform Two Six
Legendary
Legendary

Hey. There's no neighborhood watch here. Lurkers are welcome.

Just don't eat the candy.
:D
Volkodlak
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Volkodlak »

i think this forum is dying for good and freeborn will probably be scraped if it was not already, because there is no news or updates.
Uniform Two Six
Legendary
Legendary

Well, hopefully not. I'm still cautiously optimistic, though. The demise of this board has been declared before.
FoxKnight
Legendary
Legendary
Additional Details: Account in stasis
Mood: Indifferent

Post by FoxKnight »

There have been many of these threads in the past and I don't expect this time to be any different.

If anything, this forum will come back to life once something else big happens.
Volkodlak
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Volkodlak »

and whats that forum funeral?
Meeper
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Friendly Neighbourhood Meeper
Additional Details: Wannabe mad scientist.
Mood: Busy

Post by Meeper »

lovec1990 wrote:and whats that forum funeral?
That's enough Lovec. We all want to see Freeborn done, and the forum have a reason to wake up. But running around spamming for updates and trolling people isn't going to help AB do it faster, or encourage anybody to say anything worth hearing. If anything it's a distraction. Don't force people to have to make a decision between meaningful conversation, and not ignoring you. Because if you keep this up then sooner or later you are going to find yourself going unanswered, aka ignored.

The Meeper.
While the empty can may rattle the most, of equal or potentially greater import is what the reputably quiet cans are really full of.
All names are but souvenirs, in the end. Make good of your stay, so that they hold happy memories ~ Some guy.
Wise men speak because they have something to say. Fools speak because they have to say something.
To a man with a hammer, everything looks like a nail.
Volkodlak
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Volkodlak »

fine