Excuse the Mess

The place for anything at all...
takyoji
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Busy

Excuse the Mess

Post by takyoji »

Doing some significant forum upgrades and have converted the theme to a newer format (as required). As a result, the forum/topic indicator images are missing, and there's some line break issues. This is only temporary.

This is a precursor to some significant upcoming changes, including a newer theme to be developed, and more functionality.
Avatar original image by "sometimesong" of Flickr, released under the Creative Commons license (share-alike, attribution, non-commercial, no-derivatives)
Uniform Two Six
Legendary
Legendary

Re: Excuse the Mess

Post by Uniform Two Six »

Meh... Still less irritating on our end than running Windows Update... :D
Volkodlak
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Bored

Post by Volkodlak »

how is upgrade going?
Uniform Two Six
Legendary
Legendary

Oh, hey. Yeah, how is the upgrade going?

EDIT: Am I the only one having trouble going to pages in a thread past the first one?
Meeper
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Friendly Neighbourhood Meeper
Additional Details: Wannabe mad scientist.

Post by Meeper »

Uniform Two Six wrote:EDIT: Am I the only one having trouble going to pages in a thread past the first one?
Nope, not the only one. Post delete is broke too apparently.

Time to take a hiatus me thinks, and resume when things are working. I think a month or three ought to do it, see you on the other side.

The Meeper.

P.S. Hey Tak, since the forum is broken enough to be potentially annoying, may I suggest putting a more prominent maintenance warning up front somewhere if you haven't already, maybe before you get to the forum, like the "No werewolf posers" notice on the registration page (except friendlier :P ).
While the empty can may rattle the most, of equal or potentially greater import is what the reputably quiet cans are really full of.
All names are but souvenirs, in the end. Make good of your stay, so that they hold happy memories ~ Some guy.
Wise men speak because they have something to say. Fools speak because they have to say something.
To a man with a hammer, everything looks like a nail.
Volkodlak
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Volkodlak »

i can view all pages in a thread
Meeper
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Meeper »

*Peeks back in* Huh, so can I. Strange. Ahh well at least it's working now, or my sanity is, in as far as I have sanity :lol: .

The Meeper.
While the empty can may rattle the most, of equal or potentially greater import is what the reputably quiet cans are really full of.
All names are but souvenirs, in the end. Make good of your stay, so that they hold happy memories ~ Some guy.
Wise men speak because they have something to say. Fools speak because they have to say something.
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

Post by Morkulv »

I haven't logged in in a couple of ages, but damn this forum looks messy all of a sudden. What happened? The topic subjects look way too big, which makes navigating the forum kind of painful.
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Uniform Two Six
Legendary
Legendary

:? Dude, what's up with the new look. It's, like, really bright in here all of a sudden.
Volkodlak
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Volkodlak »

i like it at least its working propetly
Meeper
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Meeper »

Darn it, I thought for a second there that hackers got in and redirected the site :lol: . Well anyway, thanks for the work Tak :D .

The Meeper.
takyoji
Legendary
Legendary

Post by takyoji »

The complaint was of the broken theme, and technically anyone could have switched to the default themes (such as the current active one). But instead I've just gone ahead and made one of the pre-installed as the chosen theme for all users. This is only temporary until I have a new design to replace the current active one with.
Avatar original image by "sometimesong" of Flickr, released under the Creative Commons license (share-alike, attribution, non-commercial, no-derivatives)
Uniform Two Six
Legendary
Legendary

Meeper wrote: Well anyway, thanks for the work Tak
Yeah, I second that. Thanks Takyoji. It's awesome that somebody is keeping the Den up and running.
WerewolfKeeper3
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Darkness Surrounds me, Chaos commands me, and i see what others cannot
Mood: Relief

Post by WerewolfKeeper3 »

was wondering about the new look and was afraid we lost the domain or something...
thanks Tak for doing all the hard work.
No what you have are bullets in the hope that when your guns are empty I'm no longer standing. Because if I am, you'll all be before you've reloaded.
V, from V for Vendetta.

What a strange creature is man, that he cages himself so willingly?
-Athena from Appleseed (2004)