Shadow People

The place for anything at all...
WereDragon25
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The lovestruck wolf.
Location: Conway, AR. Such a big town for such a small wolf...

Shadow People

Post by WereDragon25 »

Man, it's rare that I'm able to visit this site, but I have a question, while I'm sure that none of you remember me. Where I live, on a specific mountain, there's a being we cal the Mother *&%$er, or The Guy. I have never seen him, but I've felt him, and I'll get to that momentarily. The Guy on Round Mountain is described as a shadow of a man. Darker than darkness itself, the deepest of blacks. He's always dark, wearing a hood, but there are no features, other than a hood, being tall, described as a man, and having piercing red eyes, so piercing, like He's looking through you, and seeing everything. As I said, I've never seen Him. My brother has, who is only scared of one thing, and it's The Guy. I've spent awhile looking this up on the Internet, and all I can find is discussion on what a shadow person is. Now, laying out everything I know, The Guy is seen, as I said, as a full, blacker than black shadow with a hood, and piercing red eyes. Now, noone has ever seen Him off of Round Mountain, but He can make His presence known off of the mountain. He is said to accompany a fog (My brother told a friend of his about the Guy while in Afghanistan, and he said that that night, there was a fog so thick you couldn't see anything, he took pictures to prove it. My lights and radio in my car have died suddenly while talking about Him and deciding to go look for Him. Everything I've found says they feed on fear, which would make sense, as the guy in Afghanistan who learned of Him held a pistol to his chest ready for 12 hours. My brother, who will do anyting as an adventure, refuses to turn down a certain road on this mountain, claiming to have seen Him with an army behind Him when my brother turned onto this road to turn around. While the Internet has not been my friend on learning about this, does anyone know anything about red-eyed, hooded, shadow people?
Going crazy with all of the work I do, all of the practice I do, and all of the $@#% I have to deal with. God, please help and support Obsidian and I get through this mess.
Image Image Image Image Image

"And, thanks to Undercover Brother, the world was once again a funky place."
Uniform Two Six
Legendary
Legendary

Re: Shadow People

Post by Uniform Two Six »

First off, welcome back. Where have you been all this time?

Second, this sounds a lot like something that got tagged "The Ghost Wolf" back in my hometown. The Ghost Wolf had a lot of the same stuff. Generally localized, only the Wolf supposedly had the ability to cause disorientation -- make people think they were going in one direction or down a certain road, and instead they were somewhere entirely different from where they thought they were. I had a friend who claimed that he saw the thing, and he kept going on about the "glowing eyes".
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Re: Shadow People

Post by Terastas »

The only thing I've seen and/or heard of that resembles the physical description you gave is the Mothman.

If that is indeed what it is. . . Well, I wouldn't say you've got nothing to worry about. Just not anything from "The Guy" himself. The most well-known instances of Mothman encounters are those chronicled in The Mothman Prophesies and dramatized by the movie of the same name (which isn't half bad if you ask me, so it might be worth checking out), which stopped after the collapse of the Silver Bridge, so the general reigning theory is that they're not themselves dangerous, but are indicative of natural danger being nearby.

If "The Guy" and Mothman are indeed related, I wouldn't turn down that road either. Probably means there's something else out there you wouldn't want to ever experience.