Vampire and werewolf

The place for anything at all...
Volkodlak
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Bored

Re: Vampire and werewolf

Post by Volkodlak »

Uniform Two Six wrote:The werewolf is doubly screwed since he's got the aggression issues to deal with. I just don't see him cutting it in the service industry or anywhere he has to have face to face interaction with the public. Moreover, regardless of where he finds an opening, his temper is probably going to get him into trouble with his boss. If you're going to hire someone, are you going to go for the guy who's not available regardless of circumstances at least one night of the year and has anger-management issues (and the ability to snap every bone in the customer that ticks him off), or are you going to go with the ordinary straight-up normal human?
This is debatable in my view just by becoming a werewolf person does not get aggression or temper issues so werewolf can be hired in the service industry if he wants to work there and besides even ordinary human can snap.
Uniform Two Six wrote:Actually, in your scenario, I would imagine the government having to implement some sort of affirmative-action program to incentivize hiring "altered persons" (or whatever the PC euphemism would become).
well this is one way of getting jobs for werewolfs and vampires and as i said they will get job easier in army, police, search and rescue and other federal agencies becouse now that vampires and werewolfs are public police will need werewolfs in their lines becouse i think normal police officer will have troubles if he needs to arrest a werewolf that is resisting an arrest expecially if he is changed. but i still belive some private companyes will specificaly look for vampire or werewolf becouse of their super-human talents.
Uniform Two Six wrote:Heh. Yeah, especially if they find out that vampires aren't necessarily underwear-model-sexy and sparkle in daylight...
im not sure most crazy fans would care about this :)
Last edited by Volkodlak on Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tovarich_Volk
Dealing with the Change
Dealing with the Change

Post by Tovarich_Volk »

Terastas wrote:Incidentally, this pretty much forms the crux of all the hostility between vampires and werewolves in the Inhuman setting. The two sides are not mortal enemies -- on the contrary, they are both very much committed to trying to coexist and work cooperatively. The problem is that, when you ask which side is the greater liability to their anonymity, both sides would argue that it is the other.

VAMPIRES
Pro: Resemble uninfected humans 24/7. At worst, they look like goth types.
Con: Very specific, unconventional needs that are extremely difficult to meet without compromising their morals in one way or another.

WEREWOLVES
Pro: Adaptable, self-sufficient and low maintenance.
Con: Very clearly recognizable as not being human at certain times.

Further straining relations is the fact that their survival strategies have placed them at opposite ends of the spectrum, both culturally, economically, and politically.
I would disagree with this part;
Terastas wrote:Vampires are communist, all working in companies owned collectively by the coven and donating large portions of their wages back into it to pay for their sustenance and shelter needs, but also harbor elements akin to huge income disparity on account of the coven having had to (mostly figuratively, but sometimes quite literally) sell their immortality to wealthy elites whenever times got tough, not all of whom are doing anything to help the image of vampires. Politically, vampires lean on the side of authoritarianism and surveillance, mostly on account of them all being dependent upon the same network that could easily be compromised if even so much as one vampire screws up in one way or another.

Werewolves, in contrast, do not require such an elaborate network, but have also never had any incentive / opportunity to build up some impressive financial reserves and instead survive through isolation and anonymity -- by living quiet, low-key lives and by only staying in touch with a small portion of the werewolf population overall. While vampires are entirely dependent upon a network which they will go to any means to protect, the werewolf survival strategy is to never become so dependent upon anything -- to never have any assets that they cannot immediately abandon should they become compromised, and to ensure that any missteps do not concern anyone but the werewolf that made it. So while vampires are communal capitalist authoritarians, werewolves are isolationist liberal libertarians.
Here's why;

In the traditional sense, Vampires are in a sense a Feudal, or perhaps a quasi-fascistic order with a very clearly defined, and quite stratified hiarchical order. Traditionally, the head vampire is a creepy feudal aristocrat who lives seemingly alone in a castle, (Hello, Count Dracula) the villagers and pesants that he is landlord over are afraid of him, not only because of his noble status, but because there are strange goings on in their midst. This lord is also the head of a group of vampires that he has himself converted to vampirism. He represents the figure of godhead and creator to those he has created. There is no communism here, the head vampire is an absolute ruler. The role of the head vampire is to create more vampires who either adore him as their creator, or fear and worship him as their creator.

Werewolves on the other hand represent a tribalist clan. A real wolf pack is after all nothing more than a family unit that works togeather under the leadership of mom and dad, and of rescourses permit outsiders that are adopted into the pack. The social order is fairly stable, but anybody who grows tired mom and dad ruling overthem are free to strike off on their own to either form their own family units, or hope to be adopted into another pack. In essence the door to pack membership swings outwards easier that it does inwards to pack membership. Whilst the pack fairly stable, there is social fluidity when members leave the pack, or the mom and dad grow older, in which case the pack dynamics change as members come and go, and/or age or get wounded. -- In a sense, a wolf pack is for the most part a family unit comprised of Mom, Dad, The Kids, plus a few freinds of the family. When social changes come, it becomes a meritocracy based not really on who is the physically toughest, but who is the smartest and in the case of leadership change, who will benefit the collecitve entity and create more pack members.

A werewolf pack may follow the family unit paradigm, but may be a 'tribe of convienience' who are a collection of disparate individuals who've banded togeather in survival mode. This pack, should they have common sense would be a meritocracy much like the ancient Vikings.

Then too, the leader might also be the biggest brute, or excercise a charismatic personality cult. The former two would be indicators of packs that are comprised of weakened or traumatised individuals,and would be a best unhealthy arraingements. The previously mentioned family unit and meritocracy would represent examples healthy packs with healthy social dynamics. Wolves, and I would assume also werewolves exist to create not only more of their kind, but to spread autonomous family units of their kind far and wide.

Perhaps an even simpler way putting this would be that Vampires are solitary predators who conceal themselves well, stalk, and catch and kill their prey unaware via ambush. --Much like cats.

Werewollves, OTOH, well, say no more, but like wolves, they are social creatures who are pack hunters that team up to take down their prey as a tightly coordinated team. Given the constraints of human society , they could work well as a group of business associates, or perhaps as a well coordinated military unit, or at worst case, a street gang, or organised crime outfit. -- In short, dogs.
Terastas wrote:Ergo, a typical conversation between a werewolf and a vampire generally involves the former saying "You've put all of your eggs in one basket and entrusted its care to a bunch of shady death cheaters," and the latter saying "You're telling me you're not even slightly concerned to know what kind of crap Packs B, C, D and E could be up to?"

Anyway, when it comes to social acceptance, it's an even spread. Some would sooner accept the vampires, just as many would sooner accept the werewolves, and the majority wouldn't trust either one of them any more than the other.
I would think that if it came down to Werewolves and Vampires having to rely on each other in order to survive as two separate species, it would make for rather strange bedfellows. --It would be like an mutual co-prosperity alliance between the Huns and Rome.

That being said, each species would have to be intimately knowledgeable about the strengths and limitations of the other in order for it to work.

That being said, lets add the teeming hords of humanity to the mix. Humanity would be leery of both, but humanity as a collective whole would probably have fewer issues with werewolves due to the fact that werewolves are still essentially humans with a little something extra added to the mix. They could be anything from the big boisterous Italian family that always packs up and goes to visit their Nonny like clockwork around the full moon. They could also be the group of businessmen that have their lunar business retreats at any of their camps or mountainside chalets. They could be the elite police unit that always schedules their training sessions around the full moon, the college buddies that always go camping around the full moon, or the crank peddling biker gang that always goes on a run, and throws a really wild party out in the desert, --during the full moon.

In short, Werewolves could, and probably would represent a wide cross of humanity.

Vampires OTOH, are undead, immortal creatures. Their primary prey are other humans. They are charming, suave serial killers. Think of either a rich, playboy version of Ted Bundy, or an old school aristocratic, blue blood version of the BTK killer. Bear in mind that they may also have families of vampires with them, each one of them also a serial killer. --Sure they may be hunting to survive, but they would still be cold blooded killers in the eyes of the general populace.

If any conflicts were to arise between any of the three species, vampires will most likely come out of it worse for the wear, hunted by humans. Lycanthropes may choose to defend the Vampires, but I think that they would see an opportunity to side with the humans and hunt down the Vampires as a way of proving that they are at least human as anybody else.
Volkodlak
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Bored

Post by Volkodlak »

Well there is one thing we did not talked about here:

Peoples knowlage about this two new kinds could influence their behavior towards them:

Werewolfs: most people belive werewolfs are most of the time normal humans who turn into wolf or wolf-like creature during full moon so under this belief they will be more accepting towards werewolf in human form or even treat him as normal human being, but be afraid of going out during full moon or avoid a transformed werewolf out of fear that they would be attacked.

Vampires: most people see vampire as dead creature of the night who drink human blood so they will avoid going out during the night or/and have troubles sleeping out of fear that vampire will drink their blood.

So in this view werewolf has a head start, but when people learn the truth vampire will catch up, but there will be still a fear:

werewolf: if control varies people will be scared when meeting a new werewolf in his changed form becouse they will not know how much control he has and be afraid if he lacks it and they make a wrong move he would attack becouse of his instincts, but with someone they know they will be relaxed.

vampire: well even if vampires drink animal blood people will be scared what if he did not drink blood yet and he decide we are his food today?

And another thing:
I belive number of werewolfs and vampires on the earth would not be so high would not this influence how people respond to them being public?
Cowa123

Post by Cowa123 »

i know a real werewolf he is not a silly poser im not a werewolf myself i practice witchcraft thats why i got interested in werewolves now i am researching them if you are a real werewolf or know alot about them message me my kik is capricorn11803 and my gmail is boomshockalocka240@gmail.com