The place for anything at all...
Volkodlak
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Bored

How far would you be willing too go...

Post by Volkodlak »

I have a moral question for you guys:

Its a full moon outside and you decide to take a run trough a forest in your hybrid form then you come close to a road and in that moment you see a car crash in a distance so you come closer and you see that a car went off the road and rolled a couple of times and crushed roof so that doors cannot be opened or you cannot exit though a windows .You still are coming towards the car, but now you notice that there are five people traped in the car: mother and father and three kids so you observe them from safe distance and you suddenly notice that car is still running and leaking fuel so there is high chance of fire witch will kill entire family.

Question is will you turn your back on this family to avoid being seen by them and keep existance of your kind a secret from them or would you take action to save a familiy?
Alpha
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Stressed

Re: How far would you be willing too go...

Post by Alpha »

I'd save them. After all, who would believe them if they just claimed that their savior was a werewolf? It would be just like them saying that they were rescued by bigfoot. :lol:
Uniform Two Six
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Uniform Two Six »

I agree. Although, I'd probably find a completely different stretch of dark forest to lope around in hybrid form for a while afterwards, far, far away from the crash site.

I'd also add that although the no-one-is-going-to-believe-them is still the biggest factor, I would also hopefully include the fact that it's at night (and thus dark) and maybe they wouldn't get a good look at the "bear-thing" ripping apart their car.
Volkodlak
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Volkodlak »

UniTwo Six wrote:I agree. Although, I'd probably find a completely different stretch of dark forest to lope around in hybrid form for a while afterwards, far, far away from the crash site.
Hey what are the chances they(familiy) or someone else would camp there for a month and hope too see you?
UniTwo Six wrote:
I'd also add that although the no-one-is-going-to-believe-them is still the biggest factor, I would also hopefully include the fact that it's at night (and thus dark) and maybe they wouldn't get a good look at the "bear-thing" ripping apart their car.
i agree with that but i belive car will kinda show it that someone or something was there ripping car apart and people might wonder if there is any truth in their claim and if police officers check around what are the chances of fiding any other evidence(odd footprints,...).
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

Well, taken into consideration from a more pragmatic point of view, there are five of them. Odds are that A) all five of them were not rendered unconscious, B) they are already trying to get out of the car (or at least looking for a way to do so), and C) at least one of them will have already seen me.

So essentially, the only way I can walk away from this without compromising my anonymity is if D) the car does indeed catch fire, and does so E) before they manage to get at least one of them out of the car on their own, and F) before any other motorists go down that road, see the accident and call 9-1-1 if they don't pull over and try to help themselves.

For me, that's too many variables that could work to my disadvantage, especially for one in which the best possible outcome is me going home feeling like a total douche. Personally, I'd rather take my chances with five people who owe me their lives than the possibility of (or more) one who already saw me surviving without my intervention.

Heck, if anything, the fact that there are five of them would give me more faith that they wouldn't go blabbing to the public that a werewolf saved them. Paradoxically, secrets are easier kept when shared; if they want to talk about it later, they already have four people with whom they know they can.
Volkodlak
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Volkodlak »

Terastas nice post.

One thing i wonder is will they even cooperate with you at all considering you are a real werewolf?
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Terastas »

lovec1990 wrote:Terastas nice post.

One thing i wonder is will they even cooperate with you at all considering you are a real werewolf?
I think they would. For one simple reason: The only other alternative. Their options would be to either let the werewolf help them, or stay in the car.

Again, with a family that size, I like my odds. Out of the five, there will have to be at least one of them willing to take their chances with the werewolf. So I start with that one, and when the other four see that s/he didn't get bitten and/or torn apart, I'm sure at least one more of them will be willing to take their chances with the werewolf. Lather, rinse, repeat until it's all done.

That, of course, is assuming they can even think coherently enough to be uncooperative. Most likely they'll still be in stupid face mode by the time I've got them all out of the car.
Volkodlak
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Volkodlak »

Terastas you need just one familiy member to resist yours attempts too help too make it harder to help them you cannot get others out fast if one is hitting you yes you can restrain him by holding him so he cannot hit you, but you would lose precious time.
Uniform Two Six
Legendary
Legendary

lovec1990 wrote: Hey what are the chances they(familiy) or someone else would camp there for a month and hope too see you?
Them?
Not much.

The TV crew from the Discovery Channel videotaping the "paranormal investigators" (invariably shot entirely with green-hued starlight scopes)? :splinterwolf:
Pretty darn high.
Volkodlak
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Volkodlak »

Uniform Two Six wrote:
The TV crew from the Discovery Channel videotaping the "paranormal investigators" (invariably shot entirely with green-hued starlight scopes)? :splinterwolf:
Pretty darn high.
i would disagree with this becouse these kind of investigators normaly do not investigate case of a single sighting, but there needs to be more than one sighting at that location or there needs too be quite convincing evidence and there is only two evidences that familiys story could have some truth in it:
-Car wreckage will have evidence that its doors were ripped apart to get familiy out this one can be dismised becouse couple of humans can do the same damage.
-Paw footprints this evidence will rise most intrest, becouse they are unusual.

I belive familiy will not talk about werewolf saving them becouse two things would happen others will think they were seeing things becouse of their injuries or they are a little off.
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Terastas »

lovec1990 wrote:Terastas you need just one familiy member to resist yours attempts too help too make it harder to help them you cannot get others out fast if one is hitting you yes you can restrain him by holding him so he cannot hit you, but you would lose precious time.
Really? Somebody's going to try to fight me when they're stuck in a car that's leaking fuel? I'll accept that they may be panicked, but that should be over the fact that they're stuck in the car.

That also assumes none of the other four don't yell at him to stop fighting. Like I said, with five in the car with no other options, I like my odds of having at least enough cooperation initially to convince the rest of them.
lovec1990 wrote:
Uniform Two Six wrote:
Pretty darn high.
i would disagree with this becouse these kind of investigators normaly do not investigate case of a single sighting, but there needs to be more than one sighting at that location or there needs too be quite convincing evidence and there is only two evidences that familiys story could have some truth in it:
-Car wreckage will have evidence that its doors were ripped apart to get familiy out this one can be dismised becouse couple of humans can do the same damage.
-Paw footprints this evidence will rise most intrest, becouse they are unusual.

I belive familiy will not talk about werewolf saving them becouse two things would happen others will think they were seeing things becouse of their injuries or they are a little off.
Easy way to think of paranormal investigators is that their credibility is inversely proportionate to the amount of effort they will devote to the investigation.

A genuinely serious team of well-trained investigators commissioned by a media sponsor like Discovery will probably go in expecting not to find anything. They'll do some interviews, show what allegedly happened with a simulation, and only monitor the area for long enough to be convincing.

A more dishonest production team or a team of amateurs trying to catapult themselves into the mainstream might be more persistent, but would also be more liable to falsify evidence, get caught doing so and be discredited. They'll be more persistent, but they'll also have a much harder time keeping it up. Inevitably they're going to have to do without the expensive equipment, do something drastic, or go back to their day jobs.

The family, I believe, would keep it amongst themselves. They won't have it completely bottled up -- they'll have each other to talk to if they need to, and I'd feel fairly confident with a group that large that at least three points to be made.

#1: He saved their lives.
#2: It's a ridiculous story that would make them look like idiots / shameless fame-seekers.
#3: If they went public, it would have very negative consequences for the werewolf.

Nothing brings a family closer together than a really big secret.
Volkodlak
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Volkodlak »

Terastas wrote:Really? Somebody's going to try to fight me when they're stuck in a car that's leaking fuel? I'll accept that they may be panicked, but that should be over the fact that they're stuck in the car.

That also assumes none of the other four don't yell at him to stop fighting. Like I said, with five in the car with no other options, I like my odds of having at least enough cooperation initially to convince the rest of them.
they do not know that fuel is leaking and second becouse of Hollywood they will asume you(werewolf) are going too kill them and eat them for dinner so they may feel safer in car becouse it does provoide more security than risking going out and be in open

Im not sure others will yell too stop they might even help him too fight a werewolf.

It also depends how werewolf decide too rescue them and how he acts while rescuing them, but i still think there is very little chance familiy would cooperate only way i see that it would work is if werewolf can speak then they would probably trust him enough too cooperate.
Chris
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Chris »

Terastas wrote:Really? Somebody's going to try to fight me when they're stuck in a car that's leaking fuel? I'll accept that they may be panicked, but that should be over the fact that they're stuck in the car.
To be fair, when panicked people tend to act irrationally and make poor decisions. Like someone who can't swim gets dunked underwater some calm knee-high water, they'll tend to freak out about drowning and splash around in an attempt to stay above water, which ironically will work to make the situation worse and keep them underwater, instead of letting buoyancy keep them surfaced or finding the ground to stand up. Or if they get dunked under some deep water and someone else dives under to pull them back up, the person drowning will tend to pull the other guy down, again making it worse, rather than let themselves be pulled back up. When you're dealing with someone who's panicked, you can pretty much throw rationality out the window until they can calm down. Yelling at the person to stop could also just make it worse as its keeping the tension high. In the case of the person drowning in deep water, it's actually been recommended to punch the person in the face to knock them out so they stop fighting against you, instead of continually fighting back against them.
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Terastas »

lovec1990 wrote:they do not know that fuel is leaking and second becouse of Hollywood they will asume you(werewolf) are going too kill them and eat them for dinner so they may feel safer in car becouse it does provoide more security than risking going out and be in open

Im not sure others will yell too stop they might even help him too fight a werewolf.
Dude, werewolves aren't real. They're not going to assume I'm going to kill them and eat them -- they're going to go into "stupid face mode."

The clip from Snatch didn't illustrate that? Okay. Let's look at what happens in The Whole Nine Yards when Oz finally recognizes his new neighbor:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iz4gU6sVUv4

That is the reaction I would expect to get from people who see a werewolf for the first time. Unless I'm charging at them (which I wouldn't -- I'd never run as a werewolf in any direction except away), that is the first reaction I would expect to get: a prolonged stare and "Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. . . ."

And in the average amount of time it would take someone's brain to reboot and catch up with current events, I would at least hope I'd be able to bust in some windows or force a door open.

And yes, a werewolf forcing your car door open would be a panic-inducing experience. But if, after he did so, instead of reaching in to try and get at you, he stood up and calmly moved on to the next door, I would, at the very least, expect you to wind up back in stupid-face mode long enough for me to get one more open and move on to the other side.

And again, with five people in the car, I like my odds of at least one of them figuring it out by the time I've got all four of them open and am ready to go in for anyone that still can't get out on their own.
Uniform Two Six
Legendary
Legendary

Terastas wrote: A genuinely serious team of well-trained investigators commissioned by a media sponsor like Discovery ...
So -- Um -- Like, you've actually seen the ghost-hunters programs before, right? :eyebrow:

Anyway, regardless of whether the "paranormal investigators" (infotainment cast) are actually respectable or not, I'd still avoid the area like the plague for quite some time. Why take the chance that somebody would get lucky and get a shot of you on tape?
Volkodlak
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Volkodlak »

Terastas i think familiy will figure it out you are real werwolf and they WILL assume you will kill them becouse in most movies they are bloodthirsty monsters.

The Whole Nine Yards is a comedy so OZs reaction is writen like this and beside seing a living bloothirsty monster is diffrent than seeing a contract killer.

Terastas i personally would go for the hood first and rip it off and remove car battery at least it would lower fire risk then i would go to prying door open ,but i would avoid geting injured person that shows hes/she is quite in pain out of the car if there is no imidiate danger to him, becouse some injuries are not seen.
Uniform Two Six wrote:Anyway, regardless of whether the "paranormal investigators" (infotainment cast) are actually respectable or not, I'd still avoid the area like the plague for quite some time. Why take the chance that somebody would get lucky and get a shot of you on tape?
Simple solution: wear colorful pants
Uniform Two Six
Legendary
Legendary

lovec1990 wrote: Simple solution: wear colorful pants
Simpler solution: Don't wear pants -- Discovery Channel won't let them show that sort of smut on TV. :D
Volkodlak
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Volkodlak »

Uniform Two Six wrote:
lovec1990 wrote: Simple solution: wear colorful pants
Simpler solution: Don't wear pants -- Discovery Channel won't let them show that sort of smut on TV. :D
well i belive with pants is better becouse witch case of sightning would rise posibility of real sighting of a werewolf:
A) Werewolf wearing a green pants
B) Werewolf without any chlotes
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Terastas »

Uniform Two Six wrote:
Terastas wrote: A genuinely serious team of well-trained investigators commissioned by a media sponsor like Discovery ...
So -- Um -- Like, you've actually seen the ghost-hunters programs before, right? :eyebrow:
"Kay team, Discovery's finally letting us put to rest the search for Bigfoot."
*cheers all around*
"At least for the time being, they're much more interested in the Wolfman of Wakefield."
*groans and muttered curse words*

Yeah, there's a big difference between the way they present themselves on TV and the way they will actually feel about the "investigation." Anyone worth their salt, I would expect to go in expecting a complete waste of their time -- that they would conduct the necessary interviews with alleged eyewitnesses and other relevant persons, but that the actual investigation would be done half-assed; that they would set up some cameras less with the hopes of finding something and more just to show their sponsors that they were actually there doing what they were commissioned to do.

I mean, if we're talking about a car wreck, that means this occurred right near a roadway. Taking into account, once again, the size of the average production crew for a major cable network, I like my odds of at least one person pointing out that, were this the Wolfman's native habitat, it would have been seen by a lot more people than allegedly have.

Yes, that area should be avoided for as long as can be afforded because there's no telling when they will show up or for how long they will be there. But I wouldn't exactly be concerned about them expanding their search to include new areas either.

And again, this is all assuming the witnesses go blabbing about it. Which, again, I would not expect them to.

As for Lovec's "I saw that in the movies so it must be true" argument: Just as many people out there have only seen the Twilight movies and swear those are the end-all final authority on all things werewolf. Again, there are five people in the car: I like my odds of at least one of them not assuming everything they saw in the movie is true.
Uniform Two Six
Legendary
Legendary

Terastas wrote: ...But I wouldn't exactly be concerned about them expanding their search to include new areas either...
Unless of course, people have been finding your huge paw prints all over the area for months or years now. If previously the reaction was "Huh. That's a really big paw print. I wonder what made it.", and now that there's an actual sighting of giant-mutant-wolf-creature (who's got the physical strength to rip apart a car, incidentally), maybe that's not a great assumption.
Anyway, I view the "paranormal investigators" as one-and-all being like the South Park parody. I think they sort of hit the nail on the head with that one.
:D
Volkodlak
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Volkodlak »

Uniform Two Six wrote:Unless of course, people have been finding your huge paw prints all over the area for months or years now. If previously the reaction was "Huh. That's a really big paw print. I wonder what made it.", and now that there's an actual sighting of giant-mutant-wolf-creature (who's got the physical strength to rip apart a car, incidentally), maybe that's not a great assumption.
i wonder if paramedics,firefighters or police finds this odd big paw footprints around the car who they will call or would they ignore them?
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Terastas »

lovec1990 wrote:
Uniform Two Six wrote:Unless of course, people have been finding your huge paw prints all over the area for months or years now. If previously the reaction was "Huh. That's a really big paw print. I wonder what made it.", and now that there's an actual sighting of giant-mutant-wolf-creature (who's got the physical strength to rip apart a car, incidentally), maybe that's not a great assumption.
i wonder if paramedics,firefighters or police finds this odd big paw footprints around the car who they will call or would they ignore them?
Better question: Would they even notice them?

Paramedics, firefighters, police, etc. are all there to do a job. Paramedics will tend to the wounded. Firefighters will tend to the car. Police will block off the scene and direct traffic.

And by the time all is said and done, those footprints may have been trodden over enough times to be completely obscured.

Remember, for most people, the word "werewolf" doesn't even enter their mind. Nobody's going to be looking for wolf tracks, and even if they do notice some, they'll probably be too preoccupied with their jobs to really consider them and recognize them for what they are.
Volkodlak
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Volkodlak »

terastas they might notice them but as you said it they will do their job, but only police may look at them when they look around the car and only way they might put some effort at investigate them is if familiy is claming a werewolf saved them.
Meeper
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Friendly Neighbourhood Meeper
Additional Details: Wannabe mad scientist.
Mood: Busy

Post by Meeper »

lovec1990 wrote:terastas they might notice them but as you said it they will do their job, but only police may look at them when they look around the car and only way they might put some effort at investigate them is if familiy is claming a werewolf saved them.
Assuming the family get a good enough look at the werewolf, and even recognize what they're looking at (seriously, are you sure you'd know a werewolf if you saw one? Because like, nobody knows what a werewolf looks like, all we have is imagination and art), what are the police supposed to do? Pull off precious policing resources to go after some cryptoid that hasn't been linked to any crime? (Quite the opposite in this case)

That's the only reason they'll look at foot prints. Case closed. Go home and be glad your family survived the accident would be the final word I think.

To answer the original question, yeah I'd save the family's skin if I could, and by that I mean at least try and hopefully not fail at some barrier, be it bricking a window or flexing some might against the car body (no claws, even if they were strong enough to tear steel, that just makes more sharp edges to get myself and the family snags and cuts, or heaven forbid cross infections.). If I were able to revert to human form I'd consider doing so, if I could preserve my modesty (or don't care about the indecent exposure charges).

The Meeper.
While the empty can may rattle the most, of equal or potentially greater import is what the reputably quiet cans are really full of.
All names are but souvenirs, in the end. Make good of your stay, so that they hold happy memories ~ Some guy.
Wise men speak because they have something to say. Fools speak because they have to say something.
To a man with a hammer, everything looks like a nail.
Uniform Two Six
Legendary
Legendary

Meeper wrote:...what are the police supposed to do? Pull off precious policing resources to go after some cryptoid that hasn't been linked to any crime? (Quite the opposite in this case)

That's the only reason they'll look at foot prints. Case closed...
Which is why I'm still pushing the Discovery Channel showing up as being the greatest threat here.