Indecision 2016

The place for anything at all...
Uniform Two Six
Legendary
Legendary

Re: Indecision 2016

Post by Uniform Two Six »

Well, at least we know that Trump doesn't consider Norway a "sh**hole country" -- which is actually progress if you think about it since it's both a country with a highly developed social state and a member of NATO. So maybe we're turning the corner here? :roll:

EDIT: Also apparently the White House just cancelled the planned trip to London due to fears of mass protests. The Washington Post hit the nail on the head: That's pretty incredible.
Thomas Wright wrote:"It is extraordinary that the president of the United States cannot visit Britain over the fear of mass protests... That’s unprecedented."
Uniform Two Six
Legendary
Legendary

Re: Indecision 2016

Post by Uniform Two Six »

Wow. I keep thinking this moron can't surprise me anymore with blatant stupidity -- and I keep being proven wrong.

Trump just went to NATO and started tongue-lashing Germany for being too much a creature of Russia. :jawdrop:
Ain't that the pot calling the kettle black?

Then, just for good measure, he called upon all NATO members to agree to spend 4% of GDP on defense (currently the consensus agreement among NATO members is to spend 2%, and even we spend a "mere" 3.5%). Let's put that in absolute terms: If we were to increase our defense spending by 2% of GDP as Trump is demanding, that would represent an increase of 371 billion dollars per year (I'm using 2016 data as that's the latest year for which all of the figures are fully in). We spent 580 billion in total on defense that year. Jeez, this guy's an idiot.
:x

EDIT: And just to make that hit home a little more, that increase would represent over $1,200 per person, per year! That means that a family of four would need to shell out nearly $10,000 each year just to cover the Defense portion of the budget.