How many Therians?

The place for anything at all...
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Post by Set »

...actually, sometimes you can do that. Not really the slamming in the car door but if you sit on it the wrong way it does hurt or is at least uncomfortable.

Phantom limbs are interesting things. Mine come and go, but there's a pair of permanent ones on top of my head. Ears of some sort. Makes it very uncomfortable to wear hats. I also have two pairs of wings but they're really weird. When folded they seem to disappear completely but if I unfold them they're huge. They're not bat or bird or insect wings, they're actually made up of energy of some sort. They're really pretty. Transparent and blackish in color...but sometimes they hurt and can make me not want to lie on my back. At least I don't have to deal with a permanent tail too...

I'm one of those few people who can change phantom limbs at will, I can make them appear and vanish providing that they didn't come about as just a random phantom shift. Come to think of it I'm the only one I know of that can do that. If you guys think tails are weird, try having extra heads... 'Tis really something else when I'm a Chimera for a day.
Darth Canis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Darth Canis »

Mine are nothing like that i don't really feel pain or anything just the ocassional ear twitch or tail wag nothing else really. They come and go for no reason. i am sure this sound absolutely obsurd to someone who has not experienced it there really is no other way to explain it other than pretending you have ears and tail yet you never think about it happening one day just walking around the mall you hear a noise that scares you and your ears flick in that direction. i know it sounds crazy i am sure some of you that have never heard of this think i am roleplaying or something. I mean when i reread this stuff it does sound a little nuts but its just something i experience. pretty cool and kind of insane at the same time i think that is why there are some many places where therians go to talk to together because they have no idea what the heck is going on with them. They don't know if they are just big kids pretending to be animals all the time or if its something more unexplained. All i know is these things happen to me now and then its part of me that i really enjoy(my boyfriend seems to like my weirdness as well) so i just go with it read up on it. Yay for being a therian :howl:  :oo
The little girl who always wanted to fly an x wing and be raised by wolves... Come to think of it she still does.
Tala el'Shiharan
Just Bitten
Just Bitten

Post by Tala el'Shiharan »

been Therian all my life, and before this life, a wolf for many lives :howl:  :oo
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Edison vs. Tesla the Werewolf!

Post by Scott Gardener »

Is it just me, or does anyone else see the "How many therians" title of this thread and fill in "...does it take to change a lightbulb?"
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Tala el'Shiharan
Just Bitten
Just Bitten

Post by Tala el'Shiharan »

one to throw away the bulb
one to open the door
everyone else to run outside into lovely natural moonlight...lightbulbs? bah :wink: :P
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Tala el'Shiharan wrote:one to throw away the bulb
one to open the door
everyone else to run outside into lovely natural moonlight...lightbulbs? bah :wink: :P
hey, that could make a good slogan for The Pack. :D
SnowWalker
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Suck it up, cupcake

Post by SnowWalker »

Darth Canis wrote:Mine are nothing like that i don't really feel pain or anything just the ocassional ear twitch or tail wag nothing else really. They come and go for no reason. i am sure this sound absolutely obsurd to someone who has not experienced it there really is no other way to explain it other than pretending you have ears and tail yet you never think about it happening one day just walking around the mall you hear a noise that scares you and your ears flick in that direction. i know it sounds crazy
It kinda sounds crazy, but most therian stuff does to people who don't understand it!

and btw -- That happens to me alot, I hear a loud noise and my ear twitches. And for whatever odd reason, it happens a lot when I hear my fathers voice. Also, I think I might have a tail! I was at work the other day, and something very good happened and basically I just felt like I had a tail.... In fact I mentioned it to all my co-workers, "I'm so happy I can feel my tail wagging". They understood how happy I was, but thought my description was funny!

~Snowy
"Valve Radio," the debut cd from Nicole De Fino, is now available for purchase through cdbaby.com: http://www.cdbaby.com/nicoledefino

"There is no 'I' in 'team', there are two in "idiot" though..."
Set
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Set »

...Oh never mind.
Last edited by Set on Wed May 11, 2005 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

SnowWalker wrote: and btw -- That happens to me alot, I hear a loud noise and my ear twitches.
Image <---watch the ear.

SnowWalker wrote:In fact I mentioned it to all my co-workers, "I'm so happy I can feel my tail wagging". They understood how happy I was, but thought my description was funny!

~Snowy

Image Image
SnowWalker
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Suck it up, cupcake

Post by SnowWalker »

Figarou wrote:
SnowWalker wrote: and btw -- That happens to me alot, I hear a loud noise and my ear twitches.
Image <---watch the ear.

SnowWalker wrote:In fact I mentioned it to all my co-workers, "I'm so happy I can feel my tail wagging". They understood how happy I was, but thought my description was funny!

~Snowy

Image Image
those are soooo adorable! :)

~Snowy
"Valve Radio," the debut cd from Nicole De Fino, is now available for purchase through cdbaby.com: http://www.cdbaby.com/nicoledefino

"There is no 'I' in 'team', there are two in "idiot" though..."
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

SnowWalker wrote: those are soooo adorable! :)

~Snowy

Vuldari is the original creator. I just recolored them. I plan on doing a grey one so everyone else can use. Unless Vuldari beats me to it.
Wolfhanyou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Wolfhanyou »

Darth Canis wrote:Mine are nothing like that i don't really feel pain or anything just the ocassional ear twitch or tail wag nothing else really. They come and go for no reason. i am sure this sound absolutely obsurd to someone who has not experienced it there really is no other way to explain it other than pretending you have ears and tail yet you never think about it happening one day just walking around the mall you hear a noise that scares you and your ears flick in that direction. i know it sounds crazy i am sure some of you that have never heard of this think i am roleplaying or something. I mean when i reread this stuff it does sound a little nuts but its just something i experience. pretty cool and kind of insane at the same time i think that is why there are some many places where therians go to talk to together because they have no idea what the heck is going on with them. They don't know if they are just big kids pretending to be animals all the time or if its something more unexplained. All i know is these things happen to me now and then its part of me that i really enjoy(my boyfriend seems to like my weirdness as well) so i just go with it read up on it. Yay for being a therian :howl:  :oo
Mmm... yeah. That's how my phantom shifts are more like. More with the ears though, I very rarely ever feel a tail unless I'm extremely happy. Weird thing though, when I feel the phantom shifts for my ears, my human ears also twitch (I have that weird ability to move my ears backwards slightly). And when I'm angry I feel likes hackles bristling slightly as well as the urge to growl. My friends all think I'm playing with this though, or that I'm mentally insane. :? Imagine their reaction if I ever tell them that there's a belief system based on believing that there's an animal spirit inside you. :howl:  :oo
Kzinistzerg
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kzinistzerg »

It's not that foreign of an idea- not at all. i know how you feel ith growling- i do too when i get angry. occasionally i've had no pretend i was clearing my throat because it was an invoulintary reaction.
Darth Canis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Darth Canis »

Yeah all my other friends think i am playing as well. The only person that i have really told about therians and what they are is my boyfriend. He thinks its really cool so yeah. My parents don't know or anything but i was always howling and such around them. I remember one time i was watching Balto in my room and i was howling with the movie lol and they were asking if it was me or the movie. :lol:
The little girl who always wanted to fly an x wing and be raised by wolves... Come to think of it she still does.
Ochiba
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Ochiba »

Wolf therian here as well. Although a bit more, but I won't go into details. :shift:
Searif
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Searif »

I have always had a love for tigers my self and yes i do act like them alot.. im very observing, i move slowly while observing but quickly while i strike and i seem to never sleep on my back side((not sure if that has anything to do with it)) I also like a good challenge once and a while... plus i love climping
Rooster Urlakane
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Rooster Urlakane »

Me, I think I am a Mexican wolf therian
and I'm caucasian and yet no further details.
bombs and more,
lets hit the floor.
sleep deprived and betrayed
lets be very...very...afraid.
Nemy
Just Bitten
Just Bitten

Post by Nemy »

Figarou wrote:
Aki wrote:
:o

Funky, phatom Tail. :lol:

Heh, it'll be strange if you can feel pain when it gets stuck on a closing car door. OUCH!!
Personally I've never experienced pain about my phantom limbs, but I do find it slighty irritating having people "in the way".

*Flicking tail.*
outwarddoodles
Custom Title: I'm here! What more do you want?

Post by outwarddoodles »

Is it just me, or does anyone else see the "How many therians" title of this thread and fill in "...does it take to change a lightbulb?"
:lol:
one to throw away the bulb
one to open the door
everyone else to run outside into lovely natural moonlight...lightbulbs? bah
That I like!

Otherwise if all the therians had phantom paws I'd imagine it'd be very difficult to change a lightbulb!
"We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream."
Wolfhanyou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Wolfhanyou »

Of course! Wouldn't that feel weird using your thumb while on your phantom paws there is no such thing?

Well, Actually I think there is but it's further up on the arm... Am I right?
Set
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Set »

You mean the dew claw, and not every animal of a particular species has them. Like my dogs, some of the pups had them and the others didn't. Also a few of them had ones on the back but not the front.
Wolfhanyou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Wolfhanyou »

Ah... I see I'll have to keep that in mind than when I draw a certian kind of animal.
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Eletist Jerk

Re: How many Therians?

Post by Anubis »

Krissy wrote:I'm just wondering how many Therians occupy this site, and your therian side (if that is not most obvious by your interest in the first place *wink*). Me? I may have a strong connection with Wolves (specifically the Arctic Wolf), but I'm a Cougar/Bobcat therian.

Just curious, and I'll love to hear your replies.
i feel a srtong connection with wolves. i feel like there is a massive beast inside me and i want to set it free. i feel like i'm one of them and i want to become them. i always dream of transforming into that beast a black furred powerful werewolf.
THE GAME

My Armory
outwarddoodles
Custom Title: I'm here! What more do you want?

Post by outwarddoodles »

wolf marine wrote:
Krissy wrote:I'm just wondering how many Therians occupy this site, and your therian side (if that is not most obvious by your interest in the first place *wink*). Me? I may have a strong connection with Wolves (specifically the Arctic Wolf), but I'm a Cougar/Bobcat therian.

i feel a srtong connection with wolves. i feel like there is a massive beast inside me and i want to set it free. i feel like i'm one of them and i want to become them. i always dream of transforming into that beast a black furred powerful werewolf.
First to Krissy, havent seen your post; I love wolves and ofcource werewolves but I am not a wolf therian, I'm a kitty cat.

Wolf Marine: Because you feel like you have a beast may not be therianthropy, but an affinity for strong beast like things like me. And quite frankly what is this connection with wolves like, like what kind of connection?
"We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream."
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Eletist Jerk

Post by Anubis »

outwarddoodles wrote:
wolf marine wrote:

First to Krissy, havent seen your post; I love wolves and ofcource werewolves but I am not a wolf therian, I'm a kitty cat.

Wolf Marine: Because you feel like you have a beast may not be therianthropy, but an affinity for strong beast like things like me. And quite frankly what is this connection with wolves like, like what kind of connection?
well look at my post that i started (how deep is your obession) i feel that
i'm a wolf in a human body. i feel a short of kindship with them if i had a chance to join a pack i would in a heart beat.
THE GAME

My Armory