What's your hobby or job or what do you do for a living?

The place for anything at all...
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Disappointed

What's your hobby or job or what do you do for a living?

Post by Teh_DarkJokerWolf »

My job is my hobby, I'm an artist and I want to make a living in that field!!!! :D
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Gasoline tanker driver

Job sucks. :( To many crazy people on the road. :crazy:

Pay is good. :cash: Not the greatest. :(

bleh :P
Stone Wolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Stone Wolf »

I work on a farm and do some commisions here and there...

working on a farm sucks... :(
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

Not employed yet, but my main activity has been writing stand-up. I'm not sure what my plan is though -- to try and do it myself, or look for someone I could write for (my mother originally got me into this by suggesting I could write for the daughter of her co-worker, but it's been a month since I asked for her e-mail address so I don't think I'll be writing for Courtney Cronin any time soon).
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Ninja BOFH

Post by Lupin »

System Administrator. Eventually I hope to be doing it for someone else, and not just my friends and myself.
I don't suffer from lycanthropy, I enjoy every minute of it! Image
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

I wear a blue vest, a name tag, and say, "Hello...how can I help you" 8 hours a day, 40 hours a week.
The Pay is just enough to keep my bills paid. Image

My hobbies? Playing videogames, watching cartoons, occasionally writing or drawing, and spending WAY too much time on the interenet.Image
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
Koshaw
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Duckinator

Post by Koshaw »

I work for a financial newspaper handling emails and calls ;)

Pay is ok. Pays the bills and keeps the condo and benz goin. Allows me to travel 7+ times a year :D Hey Fig gimmie some money =^_^=

At least I get three weeks paid vacation starting in Feb :lol:

:howl:  :oo

:shift:
ImageImage
Redstorm
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Redstorm »

Special Effects artist. Just started my own company with a partner. However I still do commission work.
We make monsters and masks for individuals, theatres, movies, commercials etc.
Apharoh
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Enemy of The Gnomes

Post by Apharoh »

im a security guard for the major pay, i live and work on my ranch for no pay, and on the side im a comedian, voice actor, writer and animator for westallah productions
Apharoh:* finishes sweeping the floor* "Adolph its time for you to mop"
Adolph:"you did a terrible job of sweeping"
Apharoh:"So whats your point"
Adolph:"YOU CANT MOP A DIRTY FLOOR APHAROH!"
Apharoh:"Not with that attitude"
AlphaOokami
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Alpha Wolf

Post by AlphaOokami »

I attend high school.

Hobbies include drawing, writing, playing video games, sleeping...
outwarddoodles
Custom Title: I'm here! What more do you want?

Post by outwarddoodles »

Don't have a job yet, I'm much too young. I'm just an Eighth grader. Though I do hope to get a job as an anthropologist or historian, really.

Otherwise drawing, petting my cats, and chatting on the internet make up most of my free time. From time to time I love to write short stories. I really love to think and learn a lot too.
Last edited by outwarddoodles on Mon Feb 27, 2006 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream."
AlphaOokami
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Alpha Wolf

Post by AlphaOokami »

Heh, I was an eigth grader last year. *sigh* Those were good times...

:)

[spoiler]Whats this?[/spoiler]
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Post by Aki »

No job. Yet. I'm in High school.

Or more, correctly, a Vocational Techincal High School. Which means in addition to normal classwork, we get to learn trades. Like being a chef, a automitive/autobody guy, a doctor/nurse/otherhealthprofession, office worker, programmer, graphic artist.

etc. all.

I'm in the 'Data processing' "shop" (shop 'tis what we call the trade classes), which is a bit of a misnomer. Its the shop where Programing is done, not Data entry. Office Occupations is more of Data entry. In a office enviroment.

Anywho, its a fun enough shop. If a bit frustrating at time. Esspecially when a typo screws up a code. Of course, being only a sophmore, we only work with Microsoft Visual Basic. Simple. Complex enough however, to make something like a calculator program (and despite having made one, I trust the one that comes with XP more than any self-made one!
:lol: ).

The school handles its nature by divide the weeks into a Academic (Think normal school, take away the FUN classes like art and music, then take the core classes like English and math and make them an hour and a half long.) and Shop week (nothing but shop. and related. And for those working with computers - typing class.)

Anywho, to tie this in with Jobs a bit more, in the Junior year and up, provided you have the neccesary hours of time in the shop and neccesary grade, you get to go out on Co-op. Which is you go to work intstead of school. This goes for any shop, and is a good way to earn money, because - hey, go to school and get jack squat in the way of money,

Hobbies:

Video games, chatting online, TV, movies, writing/RPing, occaisonal doodling. Reading...

etc. :P
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Eletist Jerk

Post by Anubis »

High school, unemlpoyed, wanna-be writter. eeeeh, nothing realy to brag about.
Last edited by Anubis on Thu Dec 08, 2005 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THE GAME

My Armory
white
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Post-Humanist

Post by white »

Hmm. As are so many others, I'm enjoying the wonders of high school at the moment. The sort of wonders you get when one of your two core teachers just graduated from college, and the other just came from teaching college. Ah well, it balances out. I find myself envying Aki a bit, although I might not if I got some of the gory details; my only source of cash is an $8/hr job assembling little optical gadgets that get stuck in the middle of radiations therapy machines. It does build up, though, as I don't make a habit of spending money as I get it. At the moment I'm at a bit of a loss as to what I actually want to do once I gain my freedom. Probably some sort of research (although getting the PhD I usually plan on will be a pain); what I have trouble with is the specifics. Chemistry? Biology? Nanotechnology? Some combination thereof?

On with the post. Hobbies:
Video games, Linux, coding, writing (I've not actually done any writing with my heart in it yet, but I have plans...), RPing (newly discovered that I actually enjoy this; limited to the 'net right now, but I dream of someday finding either a D&D (or something similar) group or at least a more flexible/appropriate/specialized online RP system than a discussion forum), reading. The usual for a geek, I suppose.
Sanity is relative.
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Eletist Jerk

Post by Anubis »

how is linux a hobby?
THE GAME

My Armory
white
Legendary
Legendary

Post by white »

It's hard to explain. Perhaps I should say maintaining Linux, or playing with Linux, or seeing how many hoops I can make Linux jump through over a reverse ssh/X11 tunnel piped through twelve ham radio repeaters emulating a serial modem on an overclocked 386 built inside an old speaker case from halfway across the planet.

No, I haven't actually done that, but it's that sort of thing that passes the time when my 'net goes down. That, and lying in an unusual position 60ft above the ground in a cedar tree musing on the meaning of life while getting odd looks from my entire neighborhood.
Sanity is relative.
Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

Post by Silverclaw »

As of now, I work part-time at Public Opinion. Sit at the phone, call people on the list, give survays...not the most interesting job but it pays decent :) Its also kindof funny when people get mad at you for calling...
But I hope to get a career involving art one day, work on animated movies or an illustrator. 8) Also that whole collage thing I do :P

Hobbies: Drawing, reading, interneting :wink: , writing, roleplaying(nothing complex with dice or game masters though) and watching movies, tv shows and sleeping :D
Hamster
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Hamster »

I am an artist of the HCW arena. I also manage a wrestler. Cool.

I am not good enough to draw for money but one day I will. ONE DAY!!! :cash:
Meh Dev account: http://kileyhannan.deviantart.com/

"Life... It's drawing without an eraser..."
Short Tail
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Resident Chakat

Post by Short Tail »

Highschool
hobbies: building computers, paintball, rping on MU clients video games, fishing, quail hunting, reading (alot), and daydreaming. *shrug* nothing special
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lupin »

Ralith Lupus wrote:It's hard to explain. Perhaps I should say maintaining Linux, or playing with Linux, or seeing how many hoops I can make Linux jump through over a reverse ssh/X11 tunnel piped through twelve ham radio repeaters emulating a serial modem on an overclocked 386 built inside an old speaker case from halfway across the planet.

No, I haven't actually done that, but it's that sort of thing that passes the time when my 'net goes down. That, and lying in an unusual position 60ft above the ground in a cedar tree musing on the meaning of life while getting odd looks from my entire neighborhood.
Heh.
I see your speaker case, and raise you a cardboard box:
http://www.nonexiste.net/img.php?id=297
(I was too lazy to buy a real case for it.)
(The computer right above that, is the one serving out the page.)
white
Legendary
Legendary

Post by white »

Hehe, nice. Cooling must suck though, and I bet it's a fire hazard. That reminds me, I need to find some ram and a hdd for my server box...
Sanity is relative.
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lupin »

That square hole on the top is an air inlet, there's a fan on the side by that yellow box that sucks the air out. I and doubt it's much of a fire hazard, the entire thing will cease to work way before it reaches the ignition temperature of paper.

Plus I stopped keeping hydrogen gas in there a long time ago. (I'm not lying about that, either.)
white
Legendary
Legendary

Post by white »

Oh, good. I was worried that you might still have some lying around.
Sanity is relative.
Alpha
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Stressed

Post by Alpha »

Your friendly neighborhood mailman reporting here. :) It's not the world's most exciting job, but the pay and benefits are good. The biggest drawback is that you have to put up with a lot, and I do mean a lot of BS from management. Oh yeah, I almost forgot about those annoying yap dogs too.