Wolves of Idaho in Danger

The place for anything at all...
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Disappointed

Wolves of Idaho in Danger

Post by Teh_DarkJokerWolf »

I've been watching this arcticle for some time and I think It should be known to all of you who care:

Indian Tribes Oppose to Wolf killing to help elk

http://www.casperstartribune.net/articl ... 601a51.txt

Rancher claims wolves ate two of his Lamb

http://www.haaretzdaily.com/hasen/spages/681466.html

Idaho Requests Wolf Hunt in Clearwater Region

http://www.wolf.org/wolves/news/live_ne ... sp?id=1420

Search on for sign of wolves

http://www.record-eagle.com/2006/feb/12wolf.htm

Will it ever end? This Madness?!

:(
white
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Post-Humanist

Post by white »

One way or another, it probably will end eventually, although even that might be temporary.
Sanity is relative.
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary

I hope so :( I don't understand why they feel they must kill them off when the wolves have been missing from that area for over 60 years?! They just got reintroduced withine the last 10 years and with all that info out there on how wolves help the environment and kill off the sick animals so that more can be born and it's a continuos cycle, it all helps in the long run, but these folks that hunt them, don't seem to look at those facts and just want to kill them for power, the same thing they did to the Indians ((Nez Perc Tribes)), ran them off killed them off and all they wanted was peace and that's all wolves want os peace, which is why they run away when humans are around.. Indians hunted for food, wolves hunt for food..The kill what they need..
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Re: Wolves of Idaho in Danger

Post by Set »

SabreTheJokerWolfFool wrote:Rancher claims wolves ate two of his Lamb

http://www.haaretzdaily.com/hasen/spages/681466.html
Considering how many people can't tell a wolf apart from a German Shepard (they look nothing alike, yet all the wolf info I've looked at compares the two) it was probably dogs.
According to Nachmias, anyone who sees a wolf attack must notify the Parks Authority before taking action, since wild dogs can be easily mistaken for wolves.
See what I mean?
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary

Ah yes..this is true, but still now they are moving agaisnt the wolves and they will be killed, I mean even if it was dogs they will blame it on the wolf because so many humans hate them :(
white
Legendary
Legendary

Post by white »

Set's right about ththat; almost all "wolf" attacks are just feral dogs.
Sanity is relative.
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary

That doesn't stop them from trying to kill off that many wolves down there! They are still being blamed :(
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Eletist Jerk

Post by Anubis »

i freaken hate this i wish the people in idaho stop complaining!! first off wolves can be trained to not hunt and kill life stock. it cheap and easiy to do.

and nature doesn't need our help to keep things under conterol when the deer population goes down enough some of the wolves will die off and the deer population will bounce back due lack of predatores then when the deer population goes up so will the wolves and it will keep on doing this forever, because every one that took a high school biology class can tell you that's the predator and prey realationship. it's natures way too conterol the popluations of animals. they don't need our help mother nature has been doing it for millions of years!! it doesn't make any sence way we have to do that job when we aren't needed in the first place!!

i wish they stop complaining those stupid hicks!! :x
THE GAME

My Armory
garouda
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Do You Believe In Magic ?

Post by garouda »

Despite all the depressing posts above, I note there is good news there also. The mention of a probable population of 900 or so wolves in the tri state area, is happy for me.

What is not very pleasing is the admission that hunters pay the bills of the Fish and Wildlife Service and that thus, they listen to their 'customers'.

Junk science can come from either side of the fence and folks must always remain alert and vigilant for the truth and the lies that sometimes are buried within it.
The change, does it wrack the bones and rend the flesh ? Yes, indeed it does. But is this pain and agony alone ? No, in fact hardly at all. It is the Sacrament of the Moon. The flesh flows and so do the endorphins. It is, in truth, the agony ecstatic; The Pain That Is Pleasure
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary

The thing is they want to kill the wolves because of the low population of elk, again I say why not relocate? They say there are many areas open for wolves to live yet they still shoot them down like they've commited some wrong?
white
Legendary
Legendary

Post by white »

People will always do things like this. I agree that it's a truly sad thing, but why not stop restating that and do something about it? There's at least one thing that any given person can do, no matter how isolated: find a job, whether irregular yardwork or some full time occupation, and start donating money to an organization that seems to be doing what you want. If you're lucky, you might be able to put more direct effort in, but whatever the case don't think you're helpless.
Sanity is relative.
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary

Actually I donate to several Wolf Organazations. Have been doing so for many years...It many not be much, but it's all I can do from where I am and pass on the news and hope with enough support it can be stopped..
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

I'll skip my rant on Dominionism and human arrogance, as you've probably already heard it, and many of you probably already thought it yourselves. Suffice it to say, I'm really frustrated with my species.

Kudos to the Native Americans for backing wolves up. The Nez Pierce came to the rescue of wolf recovery about ten years ago. And, according to some people I know who live in an area hit by Hurricane Rita, the Blackfoot tribe came to the aid of her and others in the area, even while the governments piddled over who's responsibility it was. So, Kudos for backing up the humans, too.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

I sent a message to fish&game.Idaho saying that they should relocate the wolves to another location rather than killing them, I told them that killing them is just plain stupidity and childish, killing should be as a very last resort, even though I rather not have them killed at all. :(
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
garouda
Legendary
Legendary

Post by garouda »

I think folks in this thread may find the conclusions of this research of great interest:

Subsidized killing of carnivores fails to protect US sheep industry
The change, does it wrack the bones and rend the flesh ? Yes, indeed it does. But is this pain and agony alone ? No, in fact hardly at all. It is the Sacrament of the Moon. The flesh flows and so do the endorphins. It is, in truth, the agony ecstatic; The Pain That Is Pleasure
Kirk Hammett
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Guitar Dude from Metallica

Post by Kirk Hammett »

"It is junk science," Aaron Miles, the tribe's natural resource manager, told The Associated Press on Thursday. "There's no peer review. It's jumping from one conclusion to the next."

Yeah where have I heard THAT before? Right here in Perth of course. (That is from the first article on the Indian Tribes). They go ahead with all these plans without any peer review, without any actual knowledge.

A prime international example is the dumping of the nuclear wastes in Australia. There's millions of reasons that me, a second year (in my first year when I wrote this on my exam) Uni student, can come up with. Seriously water levels and climate change and the geothermal hotspots and the leakage and Aboriginal land and flora and fauna and new governments and half lives of like 250, 000 years...

-Breathes-

So stupid aren't they! Yes, lets kill the wolves so the elk run over all the habitat, eat all the grass, when clearly they could focus on habitat reconstruction...because if the elk destroy what's left...wolves would naturally control the population and elks control wolf population and a factor in that is habitat and other species.

There will be peaks and valleys in populations. That's to be expected. They need some more research!

-----------------------

End of rant.

:lol:
<b> Pack Drunk</b>
Image Image :beerwolf: :drunx:
"Animals were not made for humans, not anymore than black people were made for whites or women for men" -Alice Walker-
garouda
Legendary
Legendary

Post by garouda »

Historically, the wiping out of predators has been done before to recorded disastrous affects. Kaibab National Forest along the Grand Canyon. The deer population skyrocketed. With no predators to perform their natural culling, the forest was soon overrun with starving and malnourished deer who were dying.
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Post by Set »

garouda wrote:Historically, the wiping out of predators has been done before to recorded disastrous affects.
That reminds me of something I was reading on Exit Mundi. (Click on the kitty.)
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

70 species do NOT get wiped out everyday. :P
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Anook
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Dogs are miracles with paws

Post by Anook »

I'm tired of everyone blaming the wolf for attacks on humans and farm animals. Theses attacks could have happened by a German shep. They are part wolf. They were created from a domesticated dog and a wolf, but German Sheps re more dangerous, because they are bigger than the wolf, they have more of the wolfs instincts and they're not scared of humans. That trait they get from the domesticated dog. My cousin has a male German shep. named stover. He is HUGE. I'm 5'4 and he is way taller than me when he stands up on his hind legs and his head can cover my WHOLE LAP, but hes a sweet boy. I love him to death.

I think i kinda got off topic, but you know what i mean. The wolves have just been miscontrued. hwlwnk
:cry:
I could care less if I am a "freak". I don't care what other people think about me. I am me. I am different from the masses of society in unique and profound ways, anyway. Being physically different would trouble me not
wolfbound
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: thats right. I am a booze hound

Post by wolfbound »

One way or another, it probably will end eventually, although even that might be temporary.
the thing about this is once something passes the rachers and hippies will find something else to poit at. it be wolves, bears or even the people who want to live along side animals
you never know just how you look through other peoples' eyes.
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary

Wolves have been hunted for years. For no reasons they murdered!! As many as wolf santuaries that are out there that are trying to help, it all seems in vain..

Once these wolves get released and their first taste of freedom, some are shot, poisned or trapped then killed!! I do greatly respect the Nez perce tribes for all their help.

I really love how Indians think and believe. I think it's awful that folks still find it neccesary to kill off the wolves that the Nez Perce look after on there land..God it sickens me that many humans just kill them for doing what they do naturally..it's all a game to them... :(
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Humans overall are probably the most ignorant creatures on the face of the planet. :roll:
Image Image
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

Post by Morkulv »

With a reason. Every creature would have been ignorant as well if they had lots of intelligence and a giant overpopulation spread over the entire planet.
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

And thats why we need war. :D
Image Image