Ok so we lost an hour^^

The place for anything at all...
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Disappointed

Ok so we lost an hour^^

Post by Teh_DarkJokerWolf »

Did you switch your clock ahead an hour yet?

What do you do with a lost hour?

I personally will personally just do what i do normally..draw :P
Last edited by Teh_DarkJokerWolf on Sun Apr 02, 2006 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SnowWalker
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Suck it up, cupcake

Post by SnowWalker »

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the clocks went FORWARD. Which means we all LOST an hour!
:|
Snowy
"Valve Radio," the debut cd from Nicole De Fino, is now available for purchase through cdbaby.com: http://www.cdbaby.com/nicoledefino

"There is no 'I' in 'team', there are two in "idiot" though..."
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary

Ack!! Right My bad!!! :lol: I'm going to change that :D
Searif
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Searif »

me, it just means that night-time comes faster, I love the night I will probly become nocturnal :lol:
Renorei
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Renorei »

Personally, I think it should be daylight savings time all year round. I like it when the darkness comes later.
Searif
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Searif »

Renorei wrote:Personally, I think it should be daylight savings time all year round. I like it when the darkness comes later.
hurray, another like me :D
Miguel
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Keep it Copacetic!
Mood: Happy

Post by Miguel »

I never switched my clock ahead, so when I thought it was 3:00, it was really 4:00. Kinda messed my daily routine up a bit. But I got used to it. So the disadvantage of the lost hour is less sleep for me. :|
vrikasatma
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Sometimes, ya just gotta say ... BLEEEE!!
Additional Details: Digg: Gemfinder
Dragon Cave: http://dragcave.net/user/Xocowolf
Twitter: @Xocowolf
Mood: Busy

Post by vrikasatma »

I put the clocks up last night right before bed.

Tonight, I'm going to the barn to provide moral support to my friend Julie, whose mare is due to foal any minute now. After dinner I'm going to whip together some brownies for us to munch on while we wait :)

Other reminder: <b>Have y'all changed your smoke detector batteries today?</b>
ImageImageImageImage
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary

vrikasatma wrote:I put the clocks up last night right before bed.

Tonight, I'm going to the barn to provide moral support to my friend Julie, whose mare is due to foal any minute now. After dinner I'm going to whip together some brownies for us to munch on while we wait :)

Other reminder: <b>Have y'all changed your smoke detector batteries today?</b>
Ah good luck there to yer friend :D And yes I have changed mine batteries :D
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

We changed ours a few weeks back. We heard one going off, replaced its battery, and replaced another, and another... I think the obsessive compulsive detective Adrian Monk from the Monk TV series must be fire chief of Pasadena, Texas, since our house has nine smoke detectors, including a smoke detector on both sides of most of our bedroom doors. I'm surprised every house doesn't have its own fire hydrant.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Post by Set »

Daylight Savings Time has to be one of the stupidest things I've ever heard of. What's the point? Just keep it on one time and be done with it. Sheesh.

It doesn't particularly matter to me, or rather...it wouldn't, provided I didn't have to remember to set my clocks twice every damn year. I don't give a rat's a** about daylight. Bats are nocturnal.

:P
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary

Set wrote:Daylight Savings Time has to be one of the stupidest things I've ever heard of. What's the point? Just keep it on one time and be done with it. Sheesh.

It doesn't particularly matter to me, or rather...it wouldn't, provided I didn't have to remember to set my clocks twice every damn year. I don't give a rat's a** about daylight. Bats are nocturnal.

I so agree with you there :P What is the use of it? Why do we have to do that anyways? Just something else for us to worry about :roll:
Machine-Whisperer
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: At an Observational status

Post by Machine-Whisperer »

Loosing and finding hours?! Creepy.... XD

Hmm... wonder why they're still using this antiquated thing called daylight savings..
Bah... Stupid Case sensitive Email. Lets try this again !
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

SabreTheJokerWolfFool wrote:
Set wrote:Daylight Savings Time has to be one of the stupidest things I've ever heard of. What's the point? Just keep it on one time and be done with it. Sheesh.

I so agree with you there :P What is the use of it? Why do we have to do that anyways? Just something else for us to worry about :roll:
It was orgignaly meant so that the factories can work later and they can still light out when they arrive. But yeah I hate it too, I feel so tired now. :yawn:
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
wolfenknight
Legendary
Legendary

Post by wolfenknight »

With the time change here where I am at, it stay daylight til about 8 pm. It sucks though because I had been so used to seeing it dark after 6 pm. Oh well.
Renorei
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Renorei »

Shadow Wulf wrote:
SabreTheJokerWolfFool wrote:

It was orgignaly meant so that the factories can work later and they can still light out when they arrive. But yeah I hate it too, I feel so tired now. :yawn:
Like I said, I'd rather they keep it one time all year round too...but, I'd want that time to be the time that it is during Daylight Savings. The night is cool and all, but I hate it when it starts getting dark at 5:30. When you get out of class at 3:00 or so, that doesn't leave much time to enjoy the sunshine.
Kzinistzerg
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kzinistzerg »

vrikasatma wrote:: <b>Have y'all changed your smoke detector batteries today?</b>
Nope, and we don't bother wtih them.

We have a fireplace.

Every time we open the odor with a slightly smokey piece of wood, the damn thing would go off. So no alarm for us.
vrikasatma
Legendary
Legendary

Post by vrikasatma »

Ahhhmmmm...You want a smoke detector.
Take it from someone who's been in TWO house fires.
A house fire is hell on earth and you'll need every second you can get to escape and survive. My detector didn't work and I had maybe ten seconds to decide what I couldn't live without and get out before flashover engulfed the whole place.
You want one. Seriously. You <b>WANT</b> a smoke detector. Get your chimney cleaned, get a fireplace insert, and GET a smoke detector.
ImageImageImageImage
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Ninja BOFH

Post by Lupin »

Shadowblaze wrote:Nope, and we don't bother wtih them.

We have a fireplace.

Every time we open the odor with a slightly smokey piece of wood, the damn thing would go off. So no alarm for us.
Something's very wrong with your fireplace then. Mine never sets the smoke detector off.

(My smoke detector is quite sensitive too, it'll trigger on half a year's worth of dust burning off of the heater coils, the smoke from that being pretty much invisible.)
I don't suffer from lycanthropy, I enjoy every minute of it! Image
wolfbound
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: thats right. I am a booze hound

Post by wolfbound »

ok. i hate people that get confused by day light savings. IT"S AN HOUR!!! not days or years.
i hate people that come into work and say "i'm sorry. daylight saving screw'd me up". ITS AN HOUR! one freak'n hour.
I have never woken up in a confused panic "whaa? what time is it? how long did i sleep? do i have a big bushy beard? what year?....."
get over it. it's an hour!!!! :x
you never know just how you look through other peoples' eyes.
vrikasatma
Legendary
Legendary

Post by vrikasatma »

Here's an article from KnowledgeNews shedding light
:ducktoss3:

Sorry...

...on the Daylight Savings Time question.
Just 'cause I like you guys :)

http://knowledgenews.net/moxie/members/ ... time.shtml
ImageImageImageImage