Youth

The place for anything at all...
Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

Youth

Post by Silverclaw »

So, what kindof fond memories do you have of being a child? What movies/tv shows did you watch? What toys did you play with the most? Anything :D
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

Ya the first memory I have is a dream but it's weird, and a bunch of tv shows including this really old one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ColRwxkC1FY

I know I thought that show was real cool when I was like five

oh and Lion King for the first movie

even though technically Iam still a kid- 16 but bah
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Eletist Jerk

Post by Anubis »

I REMEMBER THAT SHOW!!!! i used to watch it all of the time when it was on the air!! I also watched Freakazoid, Road Rovers, and the early Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Cartoon.

I can't remember my first movie, but i do remember watching Home alone on VHS almost constanly which was driving my mom nuts! :lol:
THE GAME

My Armory
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Awww man I still think that show is awsome!!! :o Reboot that was one of my favorite shows on televisaion right next to beast wars.

Lets see, I watched terminator 2 every day when I come home from school during the first grade.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The one and only were-jaguarundi!

Post by PariahPoet »

Gah, you guys make me feel old! And I'm only 22... :P

Earliest memory was getting chased by a duck when I was 3.
I grew up watching Garfield every Saturday morning, as well as Rude Dog, Rescue Rangers, and a few years later, Doug.
First movie was 101 Dalmations.

My childhood was great other than being constantly made fun of at school. (gee, that's a new one, eh?) We always had a lot of animals, so I spent most of my time outside playing with the dogs, cats, and pony. Or wandering around the creek trying to catch minnows or playing in my treehouse.

*sigh* Great stuff. I miss having pets and getting to go outside and roam around. :(
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

PariahPoet wrote:Gah, you guys make me feel old! And I'm only 22... :P

I am old!! (I need to make a grampa wolf emoticon.)

Old enough to remember seeing Fangface on saturday mornings when it 1st aired! :D

Hmmm...what else. Ummm...I'll get back to this later. :wink:
Fang
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fang »

You think you're old I'm 16 and i'm already forgetting everything
Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori :P
Syzygy
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wergild Collector

Post by Syzygy »

I remembered that I used to love the animated Cohen the barbarian series and the phoenix that popped out of his shield.

I would also wake up at about 4 in the morning every day and watch TV or do stuff.
Eat more tobasco.
JoshuaMadoc
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: HERO OF NIGHTMARES
Additional Details: I just don't care.
Mood: Indifferent

Post by JoshuaMadoc »

I remembered the time i tried this game for the first time when i was 7.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pt8U_Kbr ... %20Soldier
Merrypaws
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Merrypaws »

Earliest memory...
I was at my grandma's, I got no idea what age I was, but I could just barely walk and was learning to talk. I was walking towards the front door, when grandma asked me where was I going. I pointed at the door and tried to say "There," and then I was mad with myself 'cause I couldn't pronounce it properly.

Not very surprisingly, my favorite game as a kid was pretending to be some kind of an animal. Wolf being one of the favorites, though mom didn't let me howl in the house.
Do we really need the solution? Couldn't we just enjoy the problem for now?
Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

Post by Silverclaw »

I have no idea what my first memorie is. I have lots of old ones, though I'm not sure which is the oldest. I also have memories but am not sure if they really happened or are just old dreams.
Anyways:
LOVED The Care Bears and My Little Ponies. Me and my mom used to go around places with used things and look for Care Bear toys/stuff animals/books whatever. I'd watch all the Care Bear tapes I could find. Loved the first two movies the most. Thought the third one was just alright.
I didnt really watch too much tv when I was younger, I'd watch tapes and things my parents taped for me off the tv. Also loved the Garfield specials, Tom and Jerry, Pee Wees Playhouse.
Watched all the animated Disney movies. And the Don Bluth movies.
Read Henry and Mudge series, Spot books, I Spy books, Clifford, and Arthur.
Also, I had(still have) a ton of coloring books, but prefered tracing over them with computer paper then actually color them :lol:
I played with Disney action figures, McDs/Burger King toys, legos, building blocks, animal toys, Littlest Pet Shop, My Little Ponies, Care Bears and the stuff they came with(Care-A-Lot castle, CloudCars, ect) and Jurrasic Park dinosaurs :D(I lost my raptor toy, I still want to find it. It was frickin awesome!)
Other stuff I watched in my later childhood:
Aladdin series
The Little Mermaid series, Rescue Rangers,Gargoyles, Goof Troop, Bonkers
Boy Meets World, Step by Step, Full House, Sabrina, Dinosaurs, Family Matters(TGIF line up!)
The Animaniacs, Tiny Toons, Teenage Mutent Ninja Turtles(Also loved the live action movies)

And I was really into the Disney Adventures magazine 8)
WolvenOne
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Right-Wing WarMongering Artsy-Fartsy Woof

Post by WolvenOne »

Um, nobody believes me, but, earliest memory, would have to be me being born. I'm serious okay, I don't remember THAT much, but I do have some imagry of the event flowing around in my head.

Okay, earliest fully coherent memory, would be me trying to learn how to walk. Which I actually can prove, as I remember enough subtle details that my folks can confirm I know what I'm talking about.

Happiest early memories though, well.... getting an NES was pretty good, but I'm going to have to say, the family camping trips to George-Lake Alaska. Just this huge picturiesque body of water full of clams and whitefish and surrounded by forests, beaches, and rocky shores. The amount of mischief I got into there is almost staggering.

Wolf Dude Nu-jutsu!
Rex Wolfskin
Pack Member
Pack Member

Post by Rex Wolfskin »

Well, I remember I only watched cartoons with animals in them, and I cried when something bad happend to the animals...
My favorite game was 'being' some kind of animal, most of the time a dog and a wolf. But only, it didn't just remain a game : my mom told me that when I was young, I always acted like an animal and even refused to learn how to walk :D . So I guess you get born with therianthropy :) .
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary

Post by PariahPoet »

Silverclaw wrote: I played with Disney action figures, McDs/Burger King toys, legos, building blocks, animal toys, Littlest Pet Shop, My Little Ponies, Care Bears and the stuff they came with(Care-A-Lot castle, CloudCars, ect) and Jurrasic Park dinosaurs :D(I lost my raptor toy, I still want to find it. It was frickin awesome!)
Legos, Jurassic Park dinos, littlest petshop?
*gasp* You are my long-lost sister!
I had the Jurassic Park compound and spent hours on end playing with that thing! Greatest toy ever! :lol:
I also collected hotwheels. I think I had almost 50 at one point.
Fang
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fang »

I still have all my Hotwheels toys, And Lego blocks. I still even have my imagination locked away in my head. It still works too! I use it frequently.
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary

Post by PariahPoet »

I kept my favorite hotwheels car. :)
Unfortunately my imagination is dying out. :(
Fang
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fang »

Mine won't die out. Logical thinking just shuts it out.
23Jarden
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: You guys want some cookIES!?

Post by 23Jarden »

I remember waking up at 6 to watch Digimon. I know I played with lego constantly I was always building towers and proding by brother with them. :P The first movie/s were the The Land Before Time. I had almost all of them. I would always imitate Ducky. I don't know where they are now. Earliest memory would be when I was 3 or 4 my Dad left me in the van to go fishing. Man, was I p*ssed. :P
"There are no stupid questions. However, there are many inquistive idiots."
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

Post by Morkulv »

All the sh1t I've gone through on the schools I've been on, and the several therapy's I've had because of the nightmares I've had back then (yes, I had them a lot back then). Also, I'm now realising that my best friend and I have been friends for over 6 years now. Damn... Time flies.
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

First movie ever on the big screen was the original release of Star Wars, back in 1977.

Favorite kid's shows back in the early eighties would include Captain Kangaroo and a thing called "Gigglesnort Hotel." Its cast were mostly puppets, except for one live actor. It was set in a hotel, whose owner was an eccentric old man who thought he was a captain in charge of a ship. I also followed the various "Kroft Superstars" shows, the most memorable of which was Land of the Lost.

I also had a head start on Anime fandom, as one of the earliest cartoons I followed was "Battle of the Planets," a b*stardized version of "Science Ninja Team Gatchaman." Soon after I followed "Star Blazers," a redub of "Space Battlecruiser Yamato." And, I followed the king of American revisionist Anime, "Robotech."

I remember Fangface coming out, too. I also remember a cartoon based on Teen Wolf. Other cartoons I followed include "Superfriends," "G.I. Joe"--the eighties version, the original "Transformers," "The Real Ghostbusters" (so named because it was the one based on the movie characters, to set itself apart from another series that took the name "Ghostbusters"), and "Muppet Babies."

As for movies watched over and over until the parents went insane, I didn't have VCRs, so I had to catch them each time they came on. But, I saw Day of the Triffids 17 times; it was a sci-fi thriller about a monster plant invasion. I also watched ad-nauseum Empire of the Ants.

The one movie I have seen most often is Star Trek III: the Search for Spock. I lost count of the total number of times I've seen it, but it must be in the thirties. The first time I saw it, I cried when they self-destructed the Enterprise.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Kisota

Post by Kisota »

Gatchaman, Gatchamaaaaaan!! :P

Well, I have a vague early memory of...swallowing a bandaid. O.O; And I think one of my earlier dreams was about a clown book, and riding my dad's shoulders in the dark...and an exit sign over the bathroom door. That was a weird dreem.

I saw The Lion King four times in theaters...I also watched My Neighbor Totoro a lot (that movie's helped form who I am, I think!) :o

And a lot of my brother's interests rubbed off on me. Godzilla, Garfield, Ninja Turtles...all some of our top fascinations.

Of course, I played at being an animal every day, too. that or similar playing with my many stuffed animals.
Protoba
Pack Member
Pack Member
Custom Title: He Likes You

Post by Protoba »

Very fond memories of cartoons in my youth.

Gargoyles, Tail Spin, Duck Tales.......flash forward to today..I'm awaiting Guardians of Luna

I took refuge in my world of imagination, it granted me solitude.

Sometimes I feel cheated out of my child hood. I still play video-games and watch cartoons to grasp some sort of closure that conflicts me from within.

I recently started to praty, date, and relish insane boozed fuel night-life.
Still, I can sigh recalling back then when kids were innocent. Games were not violent, Michael Jackson wasn't a bleached perv........Metallica wasn't scared of Napster.

.....................Sigh
Retire to a bed close by.
Kirk Hammett
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Guitar Dude from Metallica

Post by Kirk Hammett »

........Metallica wasn't scared of Napster.

.....................Sigh

"Years and years of blood sweat and ************ beer!"

And Gargoyles! I have the comics too haha :lol:
My fond memories were nerdy things and of course my...er..Lion KIng and cat clubs...haha...with friends..

Playing animal and then medieval fantasy shape shifter games or warriors in the backyard. Very elaborate stories.
<b> Pack Drunk</b>
Image Image :beerwolf: :drunx:
"Animals were not made for humans, not anymore than black people were made for whites or women for men" -Alice Walker-
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets
Mood: Indifferent

Post by MoonKit »

Oh wow. What do I remember from being little. BEANIE BABIES! I collected them like crazy! (didnt everybody?) I still have a few.

I also used to have a doll house and I bought all the Jurassic Park toys and made the dinosaurs attack the house. It was great! And then inside the house would be Batman and Aladin and Simba and the normal dollhouse people and horses. I was a weird kid. I mixed all my toys. And sometimes Id make me ferrets attack the house. Poor things....

TV wise, I remember power rangers way too well. "Go go power rangers! you mighty morphin power rangers!" And when I was really little I was obsessed with Barney.

What is it about little kids and dinosaurs?

Hey, anybody remember Gulla Gulla Island on Nickolodeon. And Stick Stckley and Face. Weird...
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend
Okamiotoko
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: yo

Post by Okamiotoko »

Most of my early memories can be easily summed up in this YTMND:
http://early90s.ytmnd.com/
"If you judge people, you have no time to love them. "
Mother Teresa