How is everyone handling the heat thus far?

The place for anything at all...
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Disappointed

How is everyone handling the heat thus far?

Post by Teh_DarkJokerWolf »

Ah this heat tis awful!!! I have been staying indoors fer the most part. I try to walk in that heat an it's not possible and already there have been heat related deaths because some peoples AC have stopped working and they can't afford it!! Also is it just me or have the gas prices been ridiculous as of late?

I don't drive yet, but it affects my family and getting around is krazy!! My sister put $15 dollars worth of gas in the car and it only was 5 gallons of gas! :x
Last edited by Teh_DarkJokerWolf on Thu Jul 27, 2006 7:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
WolvenOne
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Right-Wing WarMongering Artsy-Fartsy Woof

Post by WolvenOne »

Well, this may seem like an extremly uniintuitive way of dealing with the heat, but I go outside and pedal around on my bike as fast as I can.

Yes I know this puts me outside. Yes I know that you typically sweat a lot when excercising anyway. HOWEVER, wind resistence has a way of sweaping away air molocules from your skin before they can fully heat up, so while I'm, sweaty, I'm still more comfortable then I would be sitting still.

Well, that and while it's near 100 during the day here, it gets around 50 at night. I open all the windows, let it cool down dramatically, then shut everything tight to trap the cool air inside. Keeps things pretty comfortable till about 2.

Wolf Dude Nu-jutsu!
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Ninja BOFH

Post by Lupin »

Same way we always handle it, we turn the AC on, and we close the windows :P
I don't suffer from lycanthropy, I enjoy every minute of it! Image
silverpaw
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: I Bite, You've Been Warned ^_^

Post by silverpaw »

Hmm, it's been very cold where i live :P Raining alot. Makes school suck alot more though, and my socks always end up squelchy -.-

MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets
Mood: Indifferent

Post by MoonKit »

Its been a beach day every day here. I dont like it at all. I cant wait for fall. But I usually lock myself up in airconditioning while the sun is up. Or I go to Starbucks for a frappucino...its always freezing there!
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend
native
Just Bitten
Just Bitten
Custom Title: alpha male

Post by native »

its hot and i dont like it. it makes my fur mat-down
''we exsist, all you have to do is believe''
Renorei
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Renorei »

native wrote:its hot and i dont like it. it makes my fur mat-down

:roll:

Just go away.

As far as how I handle the heat, it's pretty simple. I stay indoors, and keep the AC at around 70-75. Luckily, I live in an on-campus apartment, so we don't pay utilities.
wolfenknight
Legendary
Legendary

Post by wolfenknight »

I don't like the hot weather. It makes me feel like being over heated on things and makes me not want to do anything. :(
Doruk Golcu
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Doruk Golcu »

It is hot?

Sorry, but for Meditteranian guy it is barely at spring weather standards yet :lol:
Cavman
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The lone wolf of Quinault

Post by Cavman »

I normaly welcome the heat up where I live, but now its just getting rediculus(sp?). I can't go outside for more than couple minutes, but thats mostly because my already intense sunburn. And the humidity dosn't help. it drains the energy outa ya in an instant. It was nice when the jetstream moved to let the canadian air down, but now its moved back.
Kisota

Post by Kisota »

MoonKit wrote: Or I go to Starbucks for a frappucino...
I WANT ONE. :P

I love frappucinos...the ones in the bottles are so good.

Actually, I'm a heat person. I'd much rather be melting into my deck than shivering and damp in the snow.

For some reason, no one in my house can figure out the AC, so it's always either too hot or too cold inside! I end up going out to warm up! :lol:

Actually, we had a couple of rainy days here. It was nice. I even got to see a really great rainbow. However, today, as is typical of midwest weather, there's not a clue that it's ever BEEN cloudy. The heat and sun are back. 8) Time for the lem and the aid.

Silverpaw - poor you, with wet socks. I despise wet socks! I think you should have a frappucino with me and Moonkit! :)
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Post by Set »

I hate the heat. It's really the humidity that gets to me though, I'm used to the temperature but I don't like when my clothes stick to me. I hate water and being wet. When there's this much moisture in the air it's just...yuck...

:P
outwarddoodles
Custom Title: I'm here! What more do you want?

Post by outwarddoodles »

I don't believe the weather over here is too bad this summer. Well, while it's still rather hot, the humidity hasn't tried killing me yet.

But then again, I don't know how I'd judge that, sitting inside all day.

But of course, just because it isn't so hot that doesn't mean I'm not unhappy. I can't stand summer and it's heat. And oh, the allergies, I can't take them either. What I love is Winter.

I can't help but adore winter. I love the snow, ice, and fresh chilled air. I want to think of being bundled up in a blanket, holding hot chocolate and chatting with a friend. I like the longer nights, and a more peaceful attitude -- you never feel like you need to do any work during winter.

I wish I had more snow where I'm at. In fact, I wish it were much more colder all together. I'm moving up North.

I am just not a summer person.
"We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream."
Kisota

Post by Kisota »

Pretty much the total opposite of me! :lol: In that area, anyway. We probably have other things in common. ^_^

I love summer! Not just for the vacation from school. I adore being able to go outside with no trouble whenever you feel like it. The deep blue skies, the clear nights, the soft grass, the planty smell!! :D <3 I LOVE it.

Since I was little, I've always gotten cold easily. I especially hate my ears getting cold. I adore playing in snow, but I hate it when it's just cold. No dark cloudiness, no snow.... :|
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

I spend a lot of time indoors. I know, not very in-tune-with-nature. But, there you have it.

Our electric bill was close to $300, and I get the feeling it's not just us.

Good news is, we're using Green Mountain Energy as our power company. They generate power using renewable energy sources, such as solar and wind power, and then they match what they generate to our usage. The net effect is we're in essence buying power that doesn't burn gas. So, we're doing our part to keep the Earth from getting any hotter.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Merrypaws
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Merrypaws »

Living by a lake has its advantages... :D
But really, here in Finland the temperatures are seen a little differently. Around here some, oh... 75 degrees fahrenheit is when we start talking about heatwave, and if we hit 85 you start hearing stories how so-and-so fainted in her workplace yesterday.

On the other hand, anything more than -4 F is just a minor chill.
Do we really need the solution? Couldn't we just enjoy the problem for now?
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Out in California...

Post by RedEye »

In California (Southern version) it's set records for being the Hottest days EVER on record!
Which makes me think: Werewolves would sweat, and are covered with a coat of Fur, so you have Wet Dog + B.O.
I think Were's would spend time indoors or in the Pool.
I would, given the combination. :lol:
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
Night Rain
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Night Rain »

Heat? Who's in heat?

Terrible jokes aside, it's winter here. There is no heat.
"Don't mind the blood here; welcome to the slaughterhouse!"
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary

Aye to that Outwarddoodles :lol: Winter ish teh Awesomish time of year!! This is why I am thinking of possibliy moving to Canada or Alaska..I think that'd I be to far away from family an friends by doing that.. :(

I have other places in mind, but from what I hear it's warm there too :( I just love the snow so much I would take the oppertunity to move where it was like that :grinwiggle:
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets
Mood: Indifferent

Post by MoonKit »

Kiba wrote:
MoonKit wrote: Or I go to Starbucks for a frappucino...
I WANT ONE. :P

I love frappucinos...the ones in the bottles are so good.

Silverpaw - poor you, with wet socks. I despise wet socks! I think you should have a frappucino with me and Moonkit! :)
Really? I like the ones they make better. Expecially the Green Tea and the Java Chip. Mmmmm. :o I think I better make a run to Starbucks. Hahaha. :D
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend
outwarddoodles
Custom Title: I'm here! What more do you want?

Post by outwarddoodles »

Teh_DarkJokerWolfeh wrote:Aye to that Outwarddoodles :lol: Winter ish teh Awesomish time of year!! This is why I am thinking of possibliy moving to Canada or Alaska..I think that'd I be to far away from family an friends by doing that.. :(
Yes, I've thought about the hassle of moving far away, too. But the college I plan on going to (or at least I dream about going to.) is up north anyway.
Heat? Who's in heat?

Terrible jokes aside, it's winter here. There is no heat.
Lucky lucky lucky
:wink:

Kiba: Ah, yes, everyone has their own favourite season. I think I used to be a summer person, but in some odd way I've become the opposite.
8)
"We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream."
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary

GaahH!! I feel sorry for anyone wearing a fursuit around fer any upcoming cons and you know there are more to come :P

Ah Outwarddoodles, that would be crazy and especially if you have alot of things too and doing that kind of move in such heat would kill a person :P
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

Post by Morkulv »

Very well. I'd rather have my environment too warm, then too cold.
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Anook
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Dogs are miracles with paws

Post by Anook »

I think I'd rather have it too cold.
I mean, I can always run in place to keep warm.
I could care less if I am a "freak". I don't care what other people think about me. I am me. I am different from the masses of society in unique and profound ways, anyway. Being physically different would trouble me not
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Eletist Jerk

Post by Anubis »

I'm good, i have AC and my family has ower very own snow cone maker!!!

BEAT THAT!! :evil:
THE GAME

My Armory