"Permanent Werewolf" as a medical procedure?

The place for anything at all...

Would you submit to a medical proceedure to gain permanent (non-shapeshifting) lupine features?

Yes. Full Gestalt form (AKA: The Works).
32%
Yes. Some changes, but mostly human in appearance.
11%
2 - Doesn’t really care either way
16%
3 - They’re pretty cool I guess, but they aren’t an obsession
8%
4 - I like werewolves a lot but wouldn’t want to become one
33%

Total votes: 63

Rhuen
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Dark One of the Moon

Post by Rhuen »

Kirk Hammett wrote:
Kaebora wrote:My biggest concern is the lack of acceptance the world would have with hybrid humans. Racism is still a rampant thing in some countries, and america only started falling away from it twenty years ago. I imagine that attacks, threats, and stalkings would plague the world around hybrid individuals.
That's my biggest concern, and that they'd use other animal parts. Imagine going to work with a big ole' monkey tail? :lol: I don't see any mothers letting me teach their kids how to play guitar in such a case. It'd be like Jakkal's Kaetif comic...if people went fully anthro animal that is. Racism on an entire new level of specism. But you're right, we dunno what the world will be like.

And to Moonkit: I think the tiger pelts are likely not his or that he killed them...but I shudder at the thought of having another animal on me like that. My leather jacket makes me bad enough...I'm not an all out vegan, but it doesn't mean I don't sort of notice it sometimes. Having it graphted to me...would be terrible.
the comic is called Black Tapestries. interesting comic. never fully grasped the concept though. Like somewhere between Furre and werebeast but act like Furres. Too domesticated. But the actual plot is good. Although lacking continuity often with either version of the Kaerwyn comic.
when I look in the mirror what looks back isn't always my reflection.
Uniform Two Six
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Uniform Two Six »

Rhuen wrote:Now the mostly human option, is that wolf-man or Furre that you mean there?
Yeah, I should have been more specific about that. What I meant by the "some changes but still mostly human" option was something equating to the W:TA "glabro" form. IE: some outwardly obvious changes, such as lupine appearing eyes, fangs, increased musculature, claws, etc. But not the full digigrade stance, cannine head, fur, and tail of a full gestalt form. In short, what I was asking was if people would opt for a generally human body but select some lupine features simply for the sake of appearance.

And now that I think about it, I should have included a "full wolf" option as well. *sigh* Oh well.
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Post by Set »

Rhuen wrote:the comic is called Black Tapestries. interesting comic. never fully grasped the concept though. Like somewhere between Furre and werebeast but act like Furres.
Oh Jakkal would have a cow if you told her that.

Which would amuse me muchly. :lol:
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

Set wrote:
Rhuen wrote:the comic is called Black Tapestries. interesting comic. never fully grasped the concept though. Like somewhere between Furre and werebeast but act like Furres.

Yeah...She makes great comics...

...but she also seems to be a concieted, self absorbed, psychotic *****, who is apparently allergic to Furries, or thinks they are the spawn of satan or something...based on the way she practically damn's anyone to hell who even dares to mention that word in the same sentence as her name.

[spoiler]She is actually threatening to take all her art and comics off the net if she hears about anyone else who want's to dress up as HER characters in cosplay fashion. ...because apparently the words "Fan" and "Flattery" don't exist in her language...[/spoiler]
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
Kirk Hammett
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Guitar Dude from Metallica

Post by Kirk Hammett »

Vuldari wrote:
Set wrote:

...but she also seems to be a concieted, self absorbed, psychotic *****, who is apparently allergic to Furries, or thinks they are the spawn of satan or something...based on the way she practically damn's anyone to hell who even dares to mention that word in the same sentence as her name.

[spoiler]She is actually threatening to take all her art and comics off the net if she hears about anyone else who want's to dress up as HER characters in cosplay fashion. ...because apparently the words "Fan" and "Flattery" don't exist in her language...[/spoiler]
Alert: Jakkal fans, do not read:

[spoiler]I despise Jakkal. Please nobody say anything :( -Cowers-. I haven't given her -any- compliments for her comics because it'll bloat her head. And how immature of her, honestly, Vuldari you're right. Let her have a cow. She's rude and conceited and is part of the reason I ditched the therian boards...everything had to go her way. I will not elaborate. I've never spoken to her, merely observed carefully, then decided to vanish. As for her character, she is pretty nasty...and what annoyed me the most? Her comments when people emailed her. She made her character do the nasty work, but nobody is fooled; Jakkal hates anybody asking certain questions, and she makes the biggest fool of them publically, even if she doesn't mention any names.

Phew! Scuse me guys. Just a bit of negative stuff to get out! :D [/spoiler]
<b> Pack Drunk</b>
Image Image :beerwolf: :drunx:
"Animals were not made for humans, not anymore than black people were made for whites or women for men" -Alice Walker-
Jamie
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Jamie »

Vuldari wrote:
Set wrote:

There has always been a mixed reaction to her. On the one hand, she's always produced quite a large volume of high-quality art, and she's always put quite a bit of work into large websites, online communities, and other things that take time and dedication that other people often haven't been willing to put forth for the therian community.
On the other hand, she's always been controversial and quick to make enemies, and she wants to take credit as the inventor of quite a number of ideas and slang terms that existed in the therian community well before her. Plus, when she first showed up she created a bad reaction by [spoiler]claiming to be a physical shifter alien were-collie who could suck the souls from newborn puppies and create a portal to the planet Sirius, a claim she has since dropped (you can read a bunch of this by searching for old alt.horror.werewolves posts with her older online nickname, Pinky)[/spoiler].
-Jamie Hall
Do you like monsters? See Monster Mania!
Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

Post by Silverclaw »

Seen Jakkal's comic/art work. Good stuff. Never talked to her or anything though, sounds like that would be a bad idea, lol :P Wouldnt want to get on her bad side.

On topic: I'd have to think about it. If I did go full out, I'd still want to be able to draw; maybe by then, they'll have gestalt friendly pencils? :lol:
Kirk Hammett
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kirk Hammett »

Jamie wrote:
Vuldari wrote:
Set wrote:

There has always been a mixed reaction to her. On the one hand, she's always produced quite a large volume of high-quality art, and she's always put quite a bit of work into large websites, online communities, and other things that take time and dedication that other people often haven't been willing to put forth for the therian community.
On the other hand, she's always been controversial and quick to make enemies, and she wants to take credit as the inventor of quite a number of ideas and slang terms that existed in the therian community well before her. Plus, when she first showed up she created a bad reaction by [spoiler]claiming to be a physical shifter alien were-collie who could suck the souls from newborn puppies and create a portal to the planet Sirius, a claim she has since dropped (you can read a bunch of this by searching for old alt.horror.werewolves posts with her older online nickname, Pinky)[/spoiler].
:o

Are you serious? [spoiler]She is so firm about 'fake' therians...and she posed as one herself? I thought the amount of questioning on there was her idea. I thought it was terrible, personally. What we feel and do is what is natural to us; they tried to mould people...I never said anything against it, I just peacefully left. The main thing they disliked was the fact I was a wolf so often, a Mexican wolf, but I had a more of a monkey tail. I was pretty damned sure of what I saw and felt. And I decided that they weren't keeping to their word and being all open, and thats when I began to become skeptical about so many therian rules. They can't tell someone what they feel is wrong. I always thought Jakkal was responsible for the questioning...What a hypocrite.

Why did I get the impression she created the term therian? Someone lied to me or I was misled and an idiot.[/spoiler]
<b> Pack Drunk</b>
"Animals were not made for humans, not anymore than black people were made for whites or women for men" -Alice Walker-
Jamie
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Jamie »

Kirk Hammett wrote:
Jamie wrote:
Vuldari wrote:
Set wrote:

:o

Are you serious? [spoiler]She is so firm about 'fake' therians...and she posed as one herself? I thought the amount of questioning on there was her idea. I thought it was terrible, personally. What we feel and do is what is natural to us; they tried to mould people...I never said anything against it, I just peacefully left. The main thing they disliked was the fact I was a wolf so often, a Mexican wolf, but I had a more of a monkey tail. I was pretty damned sure of what I saw and felt. And I decided that they weren't keeping to their word and being all open, and thats when I began to become skeptical about so many therian rules. They can't tell someone what they feel is wrong. I always thought Jakkal was responsible for the questioning...What a hypocrite.

Why did I get the impression she created the term therian? Someone lied to me or I was misled and an idiot.[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Yep, I'm serious. She is hard on exactly the sort of person she used to be. I'm not sure who invented "therian" but I'm pretty sure it was people who hung out in the BearX crowd, which was decidedly anti-Pinky at that time. She also used to claim she had invented "shifter" but I'm pretty sure that was invented by Raphiel, if anyone, and it was around (though not popular) before she tried to take it over as her own personal term.[/spoiler]
-Jamie Hall
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

The term "therian" is short for "therianthrope." I first saw it come up around 1993 or 94 on alt.horror.werewolves, while we were still a fledgeling movement trying to find a name for ourselves. (I wasn't the one who came up with the word. Nor did I invent the Internet.) It's entirely possible someone else came up with the word even earlier, but if so, it was re-invented then, and I personally consider that point to be when therianthropy began as an Internet movement. (However, I consider the true origins of therianthropy to date back most probably to the beginning of cognitive development in hominid brains.)
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Jamie
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Jamie »

Scott Gardener wrote:The term "therian" is short for "therianthrope." I first saw it come up around 1993 or 94 on alt.horror.werewolves, while we were still a fledgeling movement trying to find a name for ourselves. (I wasn't the one who came up with the word. Nor did I invent the Internet.) It's entirely possible someone else came up with the word even earlier, but if so, it was re-invented then, and I personally consider that point to be when therianthropy began as an Internet movement. (However, I consider the true origins of therianthropy to date back most probably to the beginning of cognitive development in hominid brains.)
It's usually nearly impossible to be completely sure who really invented slang words after they've caught on. Even supposedly new words like "lycan" can often be found in some obscure older werewolf novel or short story, if you go looking hard enough.
But when someone tries to [spoiler]take over a bunch of the slang as their supposed own personal invention, and act jealously about it, almost like it's a trademark or copyright, when chances are pretty good that somebody invented it before they even came along, then you can see why that sort of behavior is going to ruffle the feathers of anyone who doesn't believe said person.[/spoiler]
-Jamie Hall
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Ninja BOFH

Post by Lupin »

Scott Gardener wrote: (I wasn't the one who came up with the word. Nor did I invent the Internet.)
*Quickly scribbles "Scott Gardener is not Al Gore." on his bright yellow notepad*

Well, that clears that up.
I don't suffer from lycanthropy, I enjoy every minute of it! Image
Rhuen
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Rhuen »

I think I opened Pandora's box in regards to Jakkal.

I never met nor spoken to this person, Although i have sent maybe two e-mails both under different names I believe regarding continuity in the series. The latest being that in Kaerwyn (which takes place like ahundred or so years after BT) Lorelie doesn't recognize a gun, yet in BT the story arc was left open for continuation where she goes back to a more common Earth world to finish what she started there with plot affecting characters Natalie and a choas demon.
I am weird about continuity. Why I hate time travel and even contemplating the idea of writing things too far in the future of things I am currently working on in case I change my mind.

Now to somehow tie this into the topic.... :?
I got it. The Kaetif or what ever as a surgical procedure. The physical apperance of this creation is like a cross between a Furre and a were as I said. Having the apperance of a werebeast but the mind and physical limits of a human of the same size and shape. Like the only difference is outwards with no real change in power or abilities.
Kirk Hammett
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kirk Hammett »

[spoiler]Yep, I'm serious. She is hard on exactly the sort of person she used to be. I'm not sure who invented "therian" but I'm pretty sure it was people who hung out in the BearX crowd, which was decidedly anti-Pinky at that time. She also used to claim she had invented "shifter" but I'm pretty sure that was invented by Raphiel, if anyone, and it was around (though not popular) before she tried to take it over as her own personal term.[/spoiler]
I apologise for all this sneaking around and bitching, AND off topic...but heh. 'Shifter' should never only refer to therianthropy. Shifter is a very general word. For example, I am a shifter. Not a physical one mind you. I use the term in terms of mental and phantom shifting or whatever they like to call it. I hate people who selfishly take terms for themselves. [spoiler]This Jakkal I assume is in her twenties or older. How immature can she get?[/spoiler]

Scott, I'd have no idea either who came up with it. And oddly, I've heard of Pinky, and I'm not quite sure where! I remember therianthropy being around years ago, but I have not been online all that long, maybe I have for ... six years? Since 2000? Perhaps. I didn't have the internet. But I remember a girl who was a jaguar therian maybe four years ago. I didn't believe her. I didn't go into detail with it. I seriously thought she referred to 'physical shape shifting'. So it seems the internet movement has been around a lot longer than I thought.

I want to see that Al Gore movie.

----------------

It's ok Rhuen, I dared to mention the comic therefor I take the blame for the topic drift. :wink:

A partial change would be pretty interesting. The tail maybe. For a guy, the muscles might be desirable. But I'll always like my monkey tail :lol:

Oh! Which reminds me!

They are making it legal to create human-animal hybrid embryoes in Australia. The embryos may only live for 3 weeks I think. They think that by doing this, it's more ethical to destroy them.

I think it's absolutely foul. It's playing God then playing Death.

If I can find the article (IT was in my newspaper) I will share.
<b> Pack Drunk</b>
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Post by Set »

Silverclaw wrote:Seen Jakkal's comic/art work. Good stuff. Never talked to her or anything though, sounds like that would be a bad idea, lol :P Wouldnt want to get on her bad side.
I've had so many problems with her, I refuse to even look at her damn comic.
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets
Mood: Indifferent

Post by MoonKit »

Set wrote:
Silverclaw wrote:Seen Jakkal's comic/art work. Good stuff. Never talked to her or anything though, sounds like that would be a bad idea, lol :P Wouldnt want to get on her bad side.
I dont think Ive ever personally had a problem with her but the comic is not that great. :P
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend
Jamie
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Jamie »

Set wrote:
I always try to keep my liking for people and my liking for things that people have produced separate.

After all, one constantly hears stories about famous novel authors, comic book artists, or movie makers with large followings, who are total jerks if you ever meet them in real life. I love The Simpsons, but I don't have to like Matt Groening, who has a reputation as a really mean person who pisses people off the second he meets them. So, if I did meet him, chances are that he'd rub me the wrong way too.
-Jamie Hall
Kirk Hammett
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kirk Hammett »

I despise Axl Rose's personality, but am a huge fan of his singing and of Guns n Roses. I think Yngwie is a nasty arrogant man, but I still like his work (Though it gets utterly repeditive). I hear Steve Vai is arrogant, but I like his work and I do have one of his guitars.

Matt Groening? Is nasty? :(

Huh who would have thought!

But then again, if I hear someone is rude, then maybe I will assume their work is rubbish. I didn't know the comic was by Jakkal until I already liked it. But I might have avoided it...sounds shallow I know...but I might have thought 'She can do with one less fan'. But it's too late, I'm already a fan of her work, I'll just never mention it to her.
<b> Pack Drunk</b>
Rhuen
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Rhuen »

Kirk Hammett wrote:I despise Axl Rose's personality, but am a huge fan of his singing and of Guns n Roses. I think Yngwie is a nasty arrogant man, but I still like his work (Though it gets utterly repeditive). I hear Steve Vai is arrogant, but I like his work and I do have one of his guitars.

Matt Groening? Is nasty? :(

Huh who would have thought!

But then again, if I hear someone is rude, then maybe I will assume their work is rubbish. I didn't know the comic was by Jakkal until I already liked it. But I might have avoided it...sounds shallow I know...but I might have thought 'She can do with one less fan'. But it's too late, I'm already a fan of her work, I'll just never mention it to her.
unless she find her way here.

Yeah keep your opinions of a work seperate from the person behind them. Sounds odd but sometimes a work can differ in feeling than the perosn that created it. Like art and personality can be from different parts of the mind.
On that as odd as it sounds the new Kaerwyn seems to be focusing on werewolves. Despite this I think I liked the older one better so far.
On the note of apperances her concept of a werewolf is definetly not something I would ever want to look it if it was a choice. Looks like a top heavy wolf with hard to walk on in limbs.
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

Rhuen wrote:unless she find her way here.
She allready Did...albeit briefly.

Anyway...I shouldn't be so quick to bash her. She has her reasons for being the way she is. I remain a fan of her work, in spite of not being much of a fan of her, and I hope she continues to share her creations with the rest of us for a good while longer.

(I agree that the blonde Werewolf Lorelei that recently appeared in the Kaerwyn comic does not look nearly as good as her older work.)

-----------------------------------------

ANYWAY...This is all getting WAY off topic.

I cant really think of anything I havent allready said on the topic at hand though.

Though I am quite fond of the idea of having a Werewolfish body, I would NOT undergo surgery to get it. That is just not an acceptable option for me.
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
Kirk Hammett
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kirk Hammett »

I can't think of anything to add to it, so I think I'll depart :lol:.
<b> Pack Drunk</b>
ChaosWolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by ChaosWolf »

Kaebora wrote:The thought of having rabbit feet is just so appealing to me. Walking around on your toes, and not needing shoes on account of the natural pads. Plus, I'd constantly have a couple of rabbit's feet to rub for good luck.
:D
Rabbit's feet aren't lucky.

The rabbit had four of them, and look how THAT turned out.
My Werewolf Code!:
WWC1.0 SSHb LNAn SPDbsh SILt WTRn GDRs UNQd EATafvy SGNepcy SPKw STCb WLL+ HRT++ DLY+++++ STY+++++ INT0 RGN+ JMP+ STR+ BIG+ COL++ AGE+ CMN- AGL+ IRT+ EYE+ FUR+
Neybulot
Dealing with the Change
Dealing with the Change
Mood: Indifferent

Post by Neybulot »

I say gimme The Works, doc.
Phear me! (Gotta get a better siggy.)
Kzinistzerg
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kzinistzerg »

I would get better senses if I could do it without it being visible and if they were premaenent and teh procedure was reliatively risk-free. But I wouldn't want to go full gestalt, if shifting wasn't an option.
psiguy
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The pack's Linux Nerd

Post by psiguy »

I'd get a tail. Nothing more.

(About Jakkal: Start a new thread guys, this really is edging off topic.)
www.psiguy.deviantart.com <-- My artwork and generalities.

May the force be with you!!!