Do you really consider the Pack Family?

The place for anything at all...
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Disappointed

Do you really consider the Pack Family?

Post by Teh_DarkJokerWolf »

I start to ask myself that question now..I have been here almost since the Pack was here and I have felt that the pack truly was family..That's what was said at a-kon by Apharoh "The Pack is family"..While I have seen the pack be supportive of me and others many a time, it seems that the family feel is fading greatly. Now this is really directed to those who have been around since this forum was made..

How do you feel?

I feel like alot of folks have changed here and that no one is really family anymore. No offense to any of the new arrivals here either. Some of you (I'm not directing this to anyone person or persons, just a general concern)

These folks that have been in here since the beginning..I see alot of you coming in with you know saying these things and making some rude comments..It's not just with the new either..I've noticed how some of the older Pack members have been making rude comments and disrespecting others..Tell me how that is called family?

I came to this forum because I had finally found folks I could related to, since my family has no interests what so ever. It's a great thing too!! My definition of family was this before it all seemed to turn sour..This was just a bowl of fruit waiting to spoil.

People seem to not be able to comprehend these things. We are here to talk about werewolves and concept ideas. Also as youve seen there are places to talk about other things besides that..

With family you should be able to bring up things and not be harassed and chewed up for your opinion and thoughts..This is what I am seeing alot of and that's not what family is IMHO..Family is something we all need and sometime your family that you live with is not that ideal family..

Everyone needs someone outside of the box, but it's really hard to find these things anymore and that's where friends come in. The Pack is family and that family is made up of friends. I had no friends really till I came one here. I know for a fact I have at least 3 on here and a few on DA..Outside of there is nothing..

I don't want pity..I am trying to make a point here. Something that I think everyone needs stop and look at for a long time... It's not just me who's noticed this places isn't the same like it used to be..I doubt it ever will again. The people I know as friends on here I can see them outside of this forum..If I so chose I could leave and be just fine..I want to know what's happened here? Where did that "Welcome Home!!" feeling go?

I know that you might have your own issues at home and if you wanted to post them here you could, but you know you'd be at risk for a beating..a verbal beating..I didn't know how down right rude folks could be..It's not just on here either..It's outside of here.

That's my point..The Pack was somewhere you could just come out and talk about these things. It seems you can't anymore..If you don't like ones thread, why post in it? Why not just avoid it instead of trying to bring that person down even more..

Why do people feel they have to be so hateful to one another? Why can't one express themselves without being afraid of an attack? I know how people can be about these thing..I have been through many forums and left because of it. This forum..I have never been on a forum this long in my life..I never knew about forums really until I joined this one and anytime I tried to leave..I just kept coming back..I am attached to it like velcro..

This thread was not directed to anyone in particular..I felt this had to be voiced finally..I don't like to see others hurting from ones rash comments..I know there's no way to ever truly excape them, but at least keep the peace here..We don't need anymore violence or trouble..The world it's self has prepared enough of that don't you think..?
Last edited by Teh_DarkJokerWolf on Mon Oct 09, 2006 10:37 am, edited 3 times in total.
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

I haven't noticed rudeness myself, but then again, I've been limiting my focus to only some threads because of time constraints. I'll admit that the growing size may reduce some of that sense of intimacy, I haven't felt that the damage has been that bad, and I've welcomed the growth overall, because it helps further the cause. Indeed, we now have three films in the works, and been visited by a few more, at least two of whom have finished films.

Growth brings a certain inevitable change. I'm relieved that we've stayed as similar as we have, given how many sites that have grown this much degenerate into flame wars and nonsense as they run out of new subject matter and become repetitious.

Perhaps the sense of loss of intimacy or the sense of hurt feelings is more noticable here because this site is more worth the emotional investment than a typical BBS. If a MySpace account or DeviantArt picture ends up leading to arguments, hurt feelings, spam, account hacks, or the like, I'm not surprised, let alone bothered. But, if someone's feelings on The Pack gets hurt, I'll obsess about it all day. You're just more important to me.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
BlackWolfDS
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Lone Wolf and Biologist

Post by BlackWolfDS »

I know this should be for the ones who have been here since the begining but I want to put my thought in too. First I want to say, I love this place. I'm still too new here (aprox 2 months) but I can see a small difference. Not the same differences as the more expirenced memebers see, but a difference none the less. People are growing apart.

When I first got here, I thought this place would be similar as Myspace with heated coversations, threats, attacks, ect. I was wrong and I now cringe at that thought. This place is way different. You can make a statement and you won't be attacked for it. (Well most of the time.) Everyone here is like a family to me. Everyone listens and everyone pitches in when there is a problem. I have never seen this before and it amazes me. I think I have been around the wrong type of people, in the wrong type of place for so long to remember that there are people out there who care.

But now things have changed. People are starting to bash one another about what someone said, bad comments are being made, and people are being hurt. That makes me sick. I truely don't want this place ending up like Myspace, it's not ment to be that way......

*sigh*

If anything could be done to prevent this....this seperation, could it be done?
Apharoh
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Enemy of The Gnomes

Post by Apharoh »

Hey i still feel the pack is famil, sure all familys have there arguments...and black sheep (im the sheep of my family), and there all ot wierdos, but what matters is that we stay together. when someone has a problem they feel free to ask for advise, thats a family thing, Fig has asked my opinion on several occasions (sometimes we talk till about 2 or 3 in the morning), and if it wasnt for alot of the support i got from you guys while my father passed away from cancer i dont know where id be. i may have changed a little, lord knows i grew up fast (heh turns out Anthony Brownrigg was right... go figure). but all familys grow and everyone grows up (even if there still a kid at heart... FIG). We still get to come together and talklike family and that is what makes the pack great.
Apharoh:* finishes sweeping the floor* "Adolph its time for you to mop"
Adolph:"you did a terrible job of sweeping"
Apharoh:"So whats your point"
Adolph:"YOU CANT MOP A DIRTY FLOOR APHAROH!"
Apharoh:"Not with that attitude"
Timber-WoIf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Timber-WoIf »

i kind of see what your saying, and i'll admit i'm guilty of said bashing at least once. :( but... i suppose thats my attitude...
anyway...

families have thier arguments, and the larger the family, the more conlficts you'll run into. its sad, but unavoidable... :|
Deviantart? Why'd I do this?
I am relentlessly agressive

Image<--- THEY PWN U
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

yes...its nice to have a family. Someone who is there to listen to what you have to say.

Its difficult trying to live life all alone. :(
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

I see what your saying DarkJoker. The overall pack has became more hostile than before. Theres been more rude comments than ever now and I havent truly noticed untill you mentioned it. I too sometimes feel afraid to post what I want because of rude comments that I might get, Im afraid to post some of my artwork cause you guys might say something rude about it. Anyway, I see where DarkJoker is coming from, but we can't just leave the pack for rude comments, If this is Pack is a family, then like family we're suppose to stick together no matter what, even during hard times. Family dont abandon other family members, we must learn to comprimise not conflict. Anyone with a brother or sister must have disagreed or argued about things before, thats just the way how it is, thats how families function. We'll say things we really dont mean, which is why I strongly urge everyone to dont take things the wrong way or too hard. For a while now we have been missing some fellow Pack members now (Exclesia, Okwarddoodle) but I have seen some old faces coming back like weredog and good old Hamster. No matter how bad things get in here, Im gonna stick through, nothing and I mean nothing is gonna drive me away from the pack, Im part of more than just a community, Im part of a family, and I think its about time we start acting like one. Im sorry for all those I have been rude too and I know I have acted like a total jerk lately. Agien I am truly sorry. :(
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Lukas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: living
Mood: Indifferent

Post by Lukas »

im raised in a strong family for about a year now since my mom died and i moved in with my dad it I only have to say taht arguements will happen but if were willing to see these flaws and aleast tolerate them then we should be fine
(for every afro avatar, a funky man loses his hair, please, think of undercover brother)
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Well put Lukas.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets
Mood: Indifferent

Post by MoonKit »

Sorry for butting in to a thread thats more directed towards the older members. I personally havent seen much difference but maybe I just havent been here long enough.

Though I do think everyone on this forum is absolutly great! As others have said before...this was the first and only forum i really stuck around at. Everyone here is just so darn friendly and helpful and nice. Ive never had a problem here with anyone as opposed to other forums where 1 or 2 people will just choose to hound me all the time, trying to correct me for my opinion or little mistakes.

But if the pack has changed, the it is very good that you brought it to the attention of everyone else, Joker. That way, people can realize if they were to mean and try not to do it again.

I really love this place though. :D
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend
ABrownrigg
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ABrownrigg »

One of the main reasons that I treasure the pack so isn't just because of a movie.

Movies come and movies go. All of us over our tiny lives will see various things come and go, ebb and flow. Whether it be films, books, poems, or artwork.

This message board I will truly admit was never 'planned' to become what it has become. I figured "why not ask some folks what they think, and see what happens" There was a single unity there, folks came from all over for a purpose.. As time went on, we, the producers got frustrated over saying

"Well, what werewolf fans want, no, not just werewolf fans, but you know the ones that are actually posting.. we need to figure out how to descern them from just other werewolf fans out there"..

So after some various polls on the message boards to find a good name (one of them being 'duckies' which probably explains a few things to some folks).. the pack formed. I would LOVE to say that It was all my idea, but it wasnt'.. this family formed on its own.. like minded individuals that had a purpose of defining what 'should' be in a werewolf movie. I watched this thing grow and grow, sitting back in utter amazement.

yes, over time.. Families get so large, that its hard to keep up with everyone, its hard to feel a 'bonding' with strangers. And varied opinions can get nasty when folks don't know where, and from what spirit they're making their suggestions. I try my best to hear everyones opinions, somtimes they can get annoying. But this place'must' transition.. there are more and more people joining.. the feeling of 'pack' is beign lost because its just too darn big..

hence why months ago I considered the idea of 'regional chapters'.. to give those in one region a way of having something in common.. an area is a good place to start..

But, I love you all.. Silver and I both do. And we want this film to be a high quality film.. but more importantly, we want those involved to continue feeling the bond that they formed here.. Friends have been made.. pack has been formed..

We need a howl.

AB
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

i havent found better frinds than here......this place fills a large void in my life and if it wasnt here id feel really alone....i know that here is one of very few places i can come and chat about things that others feel stupid and childish....here is a place that i can talk to certain few about very sencative life issue that would normally would stay buried within me....

i may not be liked by a lot of you but i like you all...this place has been more of a family to me than i could have ever imagined..... :(
Timber-WoIf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Timber-WoIf »

Perhaps there could be a section of the board for seasoned members only or something along those lines? just an idea... dunno if it would help or not though...
Deviantart? Why'd I do this?
I am relentlessly agressive

Image<--- THEY PWN U
Okamiotoko
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: yo

Post by Okamiotoko »

Timber-WoIf wrote:Perhaps there could be a section of the board for seasoned members only or something along those lines? just an idea... dunno if it would help or not though...
From my experience with other forums, a restricted section for "seasoned" does not help the community of the forum. It actually moves more towards elitism, and alienates a large section of a forum.
"If you judge people, you have no time to love them. "
Mother Teresa
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Eletist Jerk

Post by Anubis »

I feel that i have to post considering i'm one of the jack asses she's talking about. I have rueined the "family" feeling here for some people with some of my immature rants and flame wars that caused me loose the respect i had from the mods and push away my closest friends here. by attacking people for simply the fact that they didn't see it my way, and once again i'm sorry for that, and i'm working on growing up and regain the friends and respect i lost.

But as any family there are ruff patches in any relationship, no matter how intimate. It's unrealistic to believe that it's going to be like the famliy like in Ozzy and Harit, Leave it to Beaver or any retro 50's TV show. There are some good close times but there will be some bumps on the road when a family member has a feud between an other family member, or a parent loose's a job, dies, or the uglyness of a devorce. But after a while wounds heal, people apologise, and kiss and make up and the family then things are good again.

No matter what, we are still a odd couple-like family. :D
THE GAME

My Armory
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Anubis »

Okamiotoko wrote:
Timber-WoIf wrote:Perhaps there could be a section of the board for seasoned members only or something along those lines? just an idea... dunno if it would help or not though...
From my experience with other forums, a restricted section for "seasoned" does not help the community of the forum. It actually moves more towards elitism, and alienates a large section of a forum.
Yeah, same here. It will ruien the relationships we established with newer members (dispite how annoying some are :P ) and as an upper-class-hater it's just not cool.
THE GAME

My Armory
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

When I found this place back in November 2004, hardly anything was going on. I was tempted to pass this place up and move on. I joined a few days later.

After joining, I said what I had to say about werewolves and I was still deciding to "move on" afterwards. But something made me stay.

While waiting for more news about Abrownrigg's werewolf project, I decided to see how these wolf emoticons worked. So I taught myself how to edit them.

Then something happened that kinda shocked me. I became an administrator for this forum. I WAS going to turn it down. But I decided to keep it and see how I can help in any way. AB told me that I now represent the pack. Hmmmm.....I thought about it and decided to be a "Pack Representative" instead of an "admin." To me..this title has more responsibilities than just watching over a forum.

Then came the duckies. We all know Xodiac brought it up as a joke for the name of our group. After seeing that, I started thinking of ways to keep duckies as part of this forum. We all know that threads and topics dies in forums, correct? Being called "duckies" is no fun. And placing it in the window as a safehouse marker is no fun either.

Oh...I know whats fun!!! Tossing duckies at people is fun!! :D

At 1st...I typed it in my posts like this.... *tosses duckie at (name of Pack member)*

It seemed to work at 1st. But I needed something better. Something more permanent. I got it!! A wolf emoticon getting hit by a duckie!!

:Duckietoss:

My duckie tossing craze has begun!! To make it even better, I created a werewolf character that loves to toss duckies!!! I thought I was going to get kicked out of this forum for that. But everyone loves it!! I'm glad they do!!! Where else can you get clobbered by a duckie after joining?

:jester:

This forum is a fun place for everyone now. Thats how you keep families together. By having fun.
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

let me be one that thanks you for keeping us inline Fig. i know im not very well liked around here but im thanking you anyways and respect for it......

THANK YOU,

White Paw^..^
nachoboy
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The hip-hoppinest, nacho-lovinest lycanthrope

Post by nachoboy »

i'm very new here and already i feel accepted :family:

and i dunno whachu talkin bout, white paw. i think you're pretty cool.

in my opinion, the pack is very family-like. it's a great time every time i come here. :lol:
DENNY COLEMAN IS KING!
"It is a widely known fact that ALL werewolves love Malt-o-Meal."
http://djnacho.deviantart.com
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

White Paw wrote:let me be one that thanks you for keeping us inline Fig. i know im not very well liked around here but im thanking you anyways and respect for it......

THANK YOU,

White Paw^..^
White Paw so far you have been pretty cool. So I dont know what your talking about either.
Last edited by Shadow Wulf on Mon Oct 09, 2006 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Anubis »

Same here, I think no one here has any beef with you. :)
THE GAME

My Armory
Fang
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fang »

This place has been more than a place to talk werewolves, it has become a second family, I must admit that I like you all better than my own family, It has also been the place where I have found love, I never thought I would ever find it in life having looked so hard, I am saying this publically for the first time, this has also been the place where I felt my heart break as well, but Love was once again around the corner, and I am happy once again.
Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori :P
geekboy1500
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Lover of Life

Post by geekboy1500 »

ok
Yes the pack is too big
but i think the amount of people actully posting is VERY small, there are people that joined in '04 that have had like 10 posts and people that have joined a month ago that have 300 it doesnt matter how long youve been here it matters how much you actully Contribute . People like me who have short attention spans and short posts (in genral) get less information out than people like fig, who have MUCH longer attention spans and much longer and more informitive posts.

about regions there are people in the USA that would love to converse with people in norway we dont want to have to use an anonomizer to do that ( and besides noone but us in the usa will be able to talk to fig :P)

my personal uneducated advice, stay here if you want only time will seperate the people who CARE from the people looking to vent
The Think Geek Annoy-o-Tron, insanity in convenient attractive box.
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

ABrownrigg wrote:
hence why months ago I considered the idea of 'regional chapters'.. to give those in one region a way of having something in common.. an area is a good place to start..

How would that work out?

I do consider many her good friends, and most of the rest descent ones. Though what family doesn't spend it's time arguing. I know i argue with my parents daily. I can see how some people are rude, who hasn't been rude somewhere before, I know I have! So I do not see why Joker has lost her faith in the packs unity, but if it does end, and iam horribly wrong, I am glad I have been here to celebrate and laugh with you, to mourn and cry with you, Iam here till the end and the empire crumbles. So if this empire does become disunified and a shell of its former exsistence, I will look back in my memories at the good times and I will smile. Joker, you should smile too because you've had your share in these good times, as have many who are actually reading this post. I know I rarely say anything of value, but here I shall take my stand and say

"LONG LIVE THE PACK!" and all it has become.

Though I do not wish this forum to become so big that it becomes Like New York, with it's savagery and unwelcoming populus. At least here Sabre we welcome everybody; the good, the bad, and those just walking by.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

I don't think this forum is that big. Its tiny compared to Gaia online.