Venting

The place for anything at all...
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Post by RedEye »

If it helps, Kitetsu; (and it probably doesn't) Gaugan was considered a drunken idiot expatriate Frenchman when he was alive.

When he was near death, his art started picking up attention. Fat lot of good it did him...but he was recognized, eventually.

Do art for your sake, not the public's. What the Hayle do they know, anyhow?
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
Avareis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Storyteller and Artist
Mood: Angry

Post by Avareis »

Given the option, I asked which is worse. Go to Iraq or be in the Coast Guard. I asked several people. And the results were nothing less than shocking.
I asked a coworker who was in the Marines and went to Iraq whether he would do it again or do Coast Guard. He said he would never do Coast Guard, despite the fact that he had several shrapnel wounds.

I asked my father, Vietnam Vet. and ex. Coast Guard, because I was thinking of joining something if I had the choice. He suffers from his experiences, physically and mentally. Physically, he is barely able to walk and use his left arm because of what happened. Mentally, there have been cases where I have woken him up from a nightmare and he has almost strangled me because he thinks he still there. So, you can guess what kind of condition he is in. Yet, his answer was that he would rather have done Vietnam or do Iraq than do Coast Guard if he had the choice again. Apparently, attempting the saving of lives was more hell then taking them.

There were other cases and all pointed to going to war over working in storm conditions when it came to experiences, but when you talk to someone who hasn't been there they say going to war is worse than jumping out of a helicopter and into the freezing waters to grab someone and then having the risk of being electrocuted from the metal tray they send down to save the both of you. After all the wondering and questioning and hearing the stories of what they go through I would go to war over going into a the coast guard that is underfunded and the average shift is 20 to 22 hours a day and then their is physical exhaustion. I would have naturally sided with my friends and feared going into a battle field, but I never pass off the look my father gave me when I questioned him, "How bad could it be going into the Coast Guard? You know I'm a good swimmer and I'm strong." He didn't say anything, just gave me that look.
It really upsets me that I tell my friends this and they think I'm exaggerating and didn't want to hear it. Their opinion were set before I would say anything. They didn't see the look my father gave me.
Kaebora
Custom Title: Werehare In Disguise
Mood: RAR!

Post by Kaebora »

kitetsu wrote:I sometimes wonder how in the world many artists get more attention than i do, even if they make scribbles in OpenCanvas comprising of the core figures and a big blank white background along with it, also something i do a lot.

For instance, Artist X draws a furry strapped with all the staple fashion items that are popular choices, or draws a picture of some Naruto character. The latter obviously gets a big bonus if Artist X has all the McManga/genuine skills to pull said pic off. The former, on the other hand, despite it not getting as much attention as the latter, I still lag atrociously behind on that guaranteed attention. I even tried putting on some actual color, which i haven't done in ages, and i get... Crickets ringing.

So, thus far, i've concluded that if it's not because i don't color or do clean lines, perhaps it's because my subject choices are just... Something people don't want to know. Or something. Whatever.

If that's also not the problem, then i'll just give up and assume that i really am just a living apparition that nobody cares about in the drawing world. Not that it should matter to me anyway...
If you want some attention drawn to your art, go to a forum that specializes in art critics and enthusiasts. I stopped posting art here that is non-werewolf related because the responses are very low. Getting opinions from other artists are much more satisfying. Even the negative responses to a picture are helpful, because they help you learn how to improve your skills.

Never change your preferred subject matter just to get attention from some group you've been hanging around with. You don't want to become an attention w**** or something. I for one dislike Naruto, am not particularly fond of drawing anthro, and typically like mechanized landscapes and architecture. So that's what I do. I get responses from other people who like that sort of thing at concept art websites, not here. Expressive art is about what YOU like.
Lurking softly, reading your posts, loving your ideas...
-Kaebora
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

kitetsu wrote:I sometimes wonder how in the world many artists get more attention than i do, even if they make scribbles in OpenCanvas comprising of the core figures and a big blank white background along with it, also something i do a lot.

For instance, Artist X draws a furry strapped with all the staple fashion items that are popular choices, or draws a picture of some Naruto character. The latter obviously gets a big bonus if Artist X has all the McManga/genuine skills to pull said pic off. The former, on the other hand, despite it not getting as much attention as the latter, I still lag atrociously behind on that guaranteed attention. I even tried putting on some actual color, which i haven't done in ages, and i get... Crickets ringing.

So, thus far, i've concluded that if it's not because i don't color or do clean lines, perhaps it's because my subject choices are just... Something people don't want to know. Or something. Whatever.

If that's also not the problem, then i'll just give up and assume that i really am just a living apparition that nobody cares about in the drawing world. Not that it should matter to me anyway...
I like your art style, I rarely criticize about artwork unless I spot something thats obvious to me or if someone asks me. But so far from what Ive seen the way you draw I like it, I can't think of much criticism, I have noticed you draw less muscular which by the way you shouldn't change to get noticed unless your using your art as a career. Kaebora is right about going to art forums, but be careful about the ones you go to, a lot will simple not like furry or any of some sort of art and may not understand what you are trying to achieve.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Gevaudan
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Music Lover
Additional Details: Find me under my new username @RhyeRhythm on Twitter, Telegram, FurAffinity, Weasyl, and Furry Network!
Mood: Happy

Post by Gevaudan »

I am in my school's production of the musical Godspell, and I came across this website:

http://www.av1611.org/crock/godspell.html

I know that it's outdated, but it pissed me off so much that I came up with a list of objections, opinions, and just a breakdown of how pointless and idiotic this article is. *Deep breath* here it goes...

1. It falsely accuses the "hippie, counter-culture" of producing Godspell. This is not true. It was produced in 1970 by Stephen Schwartz and John-Michael Tebelak, who to the best of my knowledge had no association with this "counter-culture".

2. In the article, it is stated several times that there is no Resurrection. If they were to examine closer, they would see that the ending finale ends with a reprise of "Prepare Ye The Way Of The Lord", which obviously shows that the Apostles are expecting the Resurrection. Also, Godspell was meant to appeal to many audiences by showing Jesus' message rather than any religious truth.

3. When they say that no "spiritually sane" Christian would take Godspell seriously, I have to disagree. I know many "spiritually sane" Christians who love Godspell for its music, story, and its message. In fact, my school is a CATHOLIC JESUIT school, so it's appropriate to have Godspell be our school musical this year.

4. I have yet to find evidence of anybody in the 70's Christian mainstream avoiding Godspell like a "pit bull dog with AIDS". And as for the article saying "no Christian distributor would dare touch it"...how would that explain how Godspell has become a staple production in Christian communities?

5. Godspell not based on the Gospel? How can that be? They directly quote the Gospels throughout the entire show! I think they say this because they misinterpret the meaning of the word "Gospel". They define it based on St. Paul's interpretation, NOT on the actual meaning of the word. “Gospel” is derived from the Middle English term “Godspell”, which means “good news”. Furthermore, “Godspell” is derived from the Greek term “Evangelion”, which means “a proclamation of the good news”. If this musical derives from Four Gospels themselves, as well as focusing on Jesus' message (or “good news”), then it MUST be based upon the Gospel.

6. The article says that there is NOTHING in Godspell about “Christ dying for our sins”. It is expected that the audience already knows this, so why should it be outlined further? Also, the parables in the show consistently show that the sinful are punished and the just are rewarded, so why go to the trouble of having Christ die for our sins? WE ALREADY KNOW WHAT HAPPENS. WE READ THE BOOK.

7. The article asks, “Where is the blood?” Um, *ahem*, the Last Supper. Jesus says “Take this and drink, for this is my blood, the blood of the covenant shed for the forgiveness of sins...” This also answers #6. Besides, blood is rarely used in musical theatre, and it would be too distracting from Jesus' message.

8. The article states that if there is no blood, there is no Gospel. They also say that because Jesus dies at the end with no Resurrection, there is no Gospel. Once again, you don't need blood or a Resurrection scene for the true message of Jesus' teaching to reach the audience. Eliminating any religious truth also makes it more appealing, which is good, because the message of Jesus Christ deserves to be heard by all, whether they realize it or not. If you really want a Resurrection scene, watch “Jesus Christ Superstar”. If you don't like that, read the Bible, and don't complain to me or anyone else.

9. On another note, just because there's no Resurrection at the end of Godspell doesn't mean that it never happened afterwards. The joyous music at the end of the finale implies the Resurrection to come, so therefore, based on 1 Corinthians 15:17, “your faith is [NOT IN] vain; ye are [NOT] yet in your sins.”

10. The article claims in Galatians 1:6-9, God says Godspell is accursed, because the article compares it to the mention of “another gospel” and “any other gospel” in those verses. Godspell is not “another gospel”. It is simply an interpretation of the original Four Gospels.

11. The article asks the following questions, each of which I have an answer to:

Q: How in the name of sanity does an “afro-haired, superman-shirt, clown-face-painted, harlequin-Jesus” possibly “remind” anyone with a brain—“that Jesus was an historical figure, the son of God, and not just some vaporous MYTH?”
A: The Jesus portrayed in Godspell is not a literal interpretation of Jesus; he is there as a reminder to the message Jesus taught, and to the good news he shared. Jesus is among us all, so why not show him as an “afro-haired, superman-shirt, clown-face-painted, harlequin”? I think it's entertaining, and it doesn't come off as blasphemous to me.

Q: How can any Christian that professes to believe that Jesus Christ loved them so much that He died for their sins stomach such vulgarity?
A: Apparently, all of the Christians that sat through Godspell. The article is referring a line in the song “Light of the World”: “We all need help to feel fine/Let's have some wine!” It's not like wine hasn't been mentioned in the Gospels before, right? The Last Supper once again comes to mind. The article also refers to Sonia's sexual behavior towards Jesus in “Turn Back, O Man”, especially the line: “C'mere Jesus, I got something to show ya!” I believe this is an interpretation of Mary Magdalene, and not any reference to Jesus' sexual exploits. Jesus never responds to this line, showing that he's just accepting it and going along with the song. He has nothing to do with it, because all of the vulgarity comes from Sonia. If Jesus were showing any vulgar or sexual connotations at all, then I would object. But since He Himself does nothing “naughty”, he is pure in this musical and pure in my heart.

12. The only reason Godspell portrays Jesus as a clown is because it was originally set on a deserted circus ground.

13. When Joey Elwood, as quoted in the article, refers to experiencing Christ in Godspell “in ways that we never thought we could”, he was referring to the interpretation of the Four Gospels and the good news in the form of a musical, NOT through the burlesque tune “Turn Back, O Man”, as the article claims.

14. Since when is America “Christian”? We are a melting pot of different beliefs and religions. It's time to start acting religiously tolerant.

15. What WON'T people do for money? If I gave the organization that wrote this article one billion dollar, don't you think that they would be willing to spend it on personal gain? Plus, even though CCM might be doing it for money, the fact is that Godspell is a great musical, with great music, and a great interpretation of Jesus' message as well as the Four Gospels. It may not be completely what historically happened in the life of Jesus, it may portray Jesus as a clown, it may not have a Resurrection, and there may be no blood. But, since when has anyone proved undoubtedly that the Gospels are historically accurate? They may be faithfully accurate to Christianity, but are they an objective, unbiased biography of Jesus' life? No. If the Gospels can't give an objective portrayal of Jesus of History, who's to say that Godspell can't have an interpretation of Christ of Faith?

Godspell is an inspiring, fresh new look at the Four Gospels and Jesus' message, teachings, and good news. If anyone interprets that in a negative light, then they need to seriously consider their morals, and probably provide a substantial amount of evidence to convince me otherwise. I am a Roman Catholic, and I support Godspell.

Because guess what? I read the Bible, and I know how the story goes, so why should anyone insult my intelligence and character by having to explain it to me again?
Lukas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: living
Mood: Indifferent

Post by Lukas »

The article also refers to Sonia's sexual behavior towards Jesus in “Turn Back, O Man”, especially the line: “C'mere Jesus, I got something to show ya!” I believe this is an interpretation of Mary Magdalene
it could also be part of the 40 days Jesus spent in the desert where he gets tempted by the devil, either way, the article sounds like bull s*** and if i get a chance i'll try to see the play
(for every afro avatar, a funky man loses his hair, please, think of undercover brother)
Riddle
Pack Member
Pack Member
Custom Title: A fox is a wolf who sends flowers

Post by Riddle »

I hate Ellipses in Alg 3!! :x :cry:
Future marine biologist and Orca researcher.
RedEye

Post by RedEye »

Riddle wrote:I hate Ellipses in Alg 3!! :x :cry:
Just wait until you meet parabolas and conic cycloids. :evil:
Riddle
Pack Member
Pack Member

Post by Riddle »

RedEye wrote:
Riddle wrote:I hate Ellipses in Alg 3!! :x :cry:
Just wait until you meet parabolas and conic cycloids. :evil:

:cry: :cry:
Short Tail
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Resident Chakat

Post by Short Tail »

My calculus class that I am taking this semester is not much better. Calculus for Biological Scientists so fun applications like population growth and dynamics and the math of bioloogical processes. woohoo :roll: So I feel your pain Riddle.
"War is over if you want it to be. Imagine all the people living life in peace." - John & Yoko
RedEye

Post by RedEye »

Just remember, Calculus is a way of using numbers to get information.
Period. Newton invented Calculus to help him explain what he was finding in his experiments.
It's a Language! Treat it as such. It allows you to manipulate things you can't see or feel, yet still exist. It lets you pick up a mountain to look at the ants under it.

Now if you want FUN... Try Numbers Theory and Quantum Mechanics. They are fun.....such fun.... :evil:
Riddle
Pack Member
Pack Member

Post by Riddle »

Actually, to my surprise, I did excellent on my circle and hyperbola quiz. :D
And so far, parabolas aren't that bad either. :thumbsup:
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Post by Set »

:x I hate it when people use me as a scapegoat.

Stepmother's being a drama queen, and I might end up getting kicked out of the house.
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets

Post by MoonKit »

Set wrote::x I hate it when people use me as a scapegoat.

Stepmother's being a drama queen, and I might end up getting kicked out of the house.
Sorry to hear that, Set. I hope everything works out OK.
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend
Blue-eyes in the dark
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The doomed Chocolate lover.

Post by Blue-eyes in the dark »

I don't get how i love people but hate customers, they are the same people. But, when i'm behind my meat block i turn cinical and burn them behind their back. I hate the way i act and i know it is solely my choice to act that way. like when i have to steak a catfish at the deadspace of the night because some people chose to procrasinate going to the store till it is the most inopertune, i know some people have work that takes up almost their whole day, but the one's who you can tell have a work at home job that only lasts 2 hours of their late morning are the ones at times i feel like takeing the knife i use for cutting there product to slice them up the middle. whoooo glad to have that off my chest, i feel better now.

I sure hope someone who reads this can somehow relate to this situation.
Reading an distributing copies of "The Werewolf's Guide to Life: a Manuel for the newly bitten" Help, where it's needed.
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MoonKit »

Im particularly aggravated today. I think its from lack of sleep. Just be glad you're not my roommate. :P
Xiroteus
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Xiroteus »

Get some rest, which I am sure is easier said then done.
Xiroteus
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Xiroteus »

Those who do not understand the difference from sharing and a exchange.

Even when many people have told him, he still does not understand that sharing is not an excuse to take whatever you want without asking or asking for any item another has every time it is a product they like. Most people do not share with family or friends then think, I want some of your candy because I shared with you yesterday, that is not sharing, that is an exchange, that is only going to put off people from wanting to share with such a person because they except something each and every time, such behavior is quite odd, is the only reason they are sharing is so they can get something else at a later time, then why not just keep what they shared to themself. Maybe such a person would ask or take regardless of what they gave away or shared.

Ever run into such people?

All I know is that if something is given to another, it is theirs, no blackmailing and using it against them, ever.
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Post by Set »

Having your father threaten to call the police on you is oh so fun...especially after he ALSO threatens to hit you.

I have no car, no job, no money, and they're throwing me out of the house. My only option is to stay with my mother, but there's a reason I left her in the first place.
IndianaJones
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Anime/Furry/Disney Fanatic
Additional Details: I like transformations and humans being turned into animals, furries, and monsters.
Mood: Relief

Post by IndianaJones »

Mythology is an ancient and lost language that used pictures, analogies, metaphor, symbolism, art, parables, and stories.

Do not listen to the Government's Favorite Literature Textbooks for modern education. It is mostly half-truths and lies! :x
They obviously do not want you to know what really happened to Earth. They would always uses manipulative paragraphs and sentences.

Sorry, I wanted to vented that.
Disney/Disneyland fans and theme parks!
http://micechat.com/

http://steamcommunity.com/id/ZanderFox/
JoshuaMadoc
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: HERO OF NIGHTMARES
Additional Details: I just don't care.

Post by JoshuaMadoc »

Hot water unit's busted, and there's no telling when it's getting replaced. Until then, i have to adopt a kneeling prayer pose with my head exposed to the cold shower, and just wash my hair. I wouldn't have a problem with this kind of thing if i'm doing this in humid and hot tropical weather, but no, it's quite the contrary. In late summer, too.

To make things worse, mum's forced to spend the money i've tried hard saving up for, so that might very well mean that i won't be getting a laptop for myself for yet another year. Well, guess what? I have a big f*** assful of s*** of a problem with that, because i'm already nearing my 20s and yet kids much younger than me already plays with laptops. That's not funny, that's bordering a sick and malicious joke. I PLANNED a lot of things for this laptop-to-be, and yet some higher force from above thought it would be amusing to just up and destroy it with a gust of fateful wind.

Ironically mum's got this problem as well, so i inherited all this agenda issues from her. She told me something along the lines of my brother speaking one of his philosophies that one's journey is best left unscripted, because the things one yearns for comes at the most unexpected times. While that makes sense for me, it also made me feel worse on the inside. I live a life of jealousy ever since i was expelled from high school at age 16, always wishing for things others had that i didn't. As a result, not thinking about what i wish for is like trying to quit smoking -- NOT EASY AT ALL.

Oh yeah. I forgot to mention, mum's english isn't up to scratch, and she succumbs to crude-mouths VERY easily. That's why she finds it too difficult to get a job, so please don't accuse her with something dumb. I should be the one getting a job, but i handle pressure like an epileptic in a dynamite factory, i almost always fail to look for things other people ask me to look for, i'm extremely volatile to anyone who blabs me around like some rag doll, and all that trauma from being exploited by high school s*** has scarred me beyond the word "deep", and other traumas have made me so distrustful of a lot of people that i meet, my head's been permanently imprinted with the assumption that all work peers, even the boss/manager, would find the opportunity to accidentally immolate me in the men's room due to a prank "gone horribly wrong". So next time, don't remind me again, because i'm already aware that i'm a slob. With s*** experiences to back it up.

*sigh*
Gevaudan
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Music Lover
Additional Details: Find me under my new username @RhyeRhythm on Twitter, Telegram, FurAffinity, Weasyl, and Furry Network!

Post by Gevaudan »

Here's my dissertation of the history of human problems in one sentence: An idea is good on paper, until man interprets it for his own desires. That is how all of the problems in the world throughout history have started. Also, most religions DO have many good ethics, and it serves as a way to curb desire and humble oneself for others (which, in my opinion, are the best qualities to have). UNFORTUNATELY, mankind thrives on desire. If we desire so much as to harm another person, to KILL people, without a second thought, are we no better than the animals that we evolved from? Is that the meaning of existence? Are we DESTINED to kill others and destroy things for our own selfish wants? Why do we crave revenge and covet things of value, but at the same time think creatively and cognitively, like I am doing as I type these words? Is that the only thing that separates us from animals? The fact that we can conceive of things, to think of ideas, and apply them? Are we just animals with ideas? Exactly. We are basically animals with big brains. That's it. That's the meaning of life, for mankind at least. To get as much as you can, destroy anything in your way of those things, survive, reproduce, hope for an afterlife, and conceptually think about everything along the way. The only difference between animals and humans are the last two things.

Also, why is it that just because someone is hypocritical about something means that the point their making is invalid? I know that sometimes their point is very bad, but sometimes it's good too, and would actually make life easier. For example, say a chain-smoking mother told her son not to smoke. Just because she smokes doesn't make her point any less legitimate. However, the son would view her as hypocritical, and JUST for that simple fact, he would ignore her point entirely. I have made some very good points and opinions, only for them to fly past people's heads because I'm hypocritical about it, or because I make a statement that would lead them to believe that I am against something (without any chance to offer an explanation to the contrary). This is because people do not understand that just because something about you or something you say shows that you are against something does NOT mean that you are totally against it. You may be against only part of it (or none of it at all), but almost all of the time no one will listen for an explanation. Don't get me wrong, because usually (and history has shown this) hypocrisy is bad, and usually the points that people make are bad in their own right, regardless of the speaker. But it is BECAUSE of this that people sometimes ignore a very valid statement because the speaker does not follow what his point stands for. I'm sure some of the points I have made would sound a LOT better coming out of someone else's mouth because of their morals.

I think I'm thinking too much lately. My thoughts are about thinking, and I wrote those thoughts down while thinking about them (I think). :lol:
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Eletist Jerk

Post by Anubis »

I can get were they comming from but i'm still pretty pissed off right now.

Today i have my xbox disconnected becuase i let another foul word slip. I mean i thought i was doing a lot better on controlling my language. It's been a while since they got after me about it

that's saying something knowing how anal attentive they are about bad language. They won't allow you to say worlds like crap that were meant to replace those 7 words. Your not even allowed to say A, B, or BS in that way. which is infurating because you feel like nothing is enough with them!!!!!!! Their arguments are just as stupid, annoying, and retarted as their strict word rules.

Damn it i just want to play my games and cuss as i damn well please!

Damn it! I hate my parents!!!!!! :x
THE GAME

My Armory
RedEye

Post by RedEye »

Heh; I remember saying that some forty-five years ago. I survived; and learned how to literally insult-to-death people, places and things without saying a word that would upset a little old lady.

As for the occasional expletive when a wrench slipped or I hammered the wrong nail; avoiding the evil seven gave me fortitude and a very devious vocabulary all at the same time.
Then, when I ripped out something offensive enough to blister paint, my Mom (Dad had died) knew there was something seriously wrong, and in one case called the ambulance because a human foot just shouldn't point that way--ever. :(
That was six weeks out of school and a pass on P.E. for the semester. Goddess; I got to hate soap operas...and back then, there was no VHS, DVD or anything like that. I read, period. No xbox either. :cry:

Stick with it and learn from it. Sometimes the dragon wins... and sometimes you just let the beast think it won... :evil:
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MoonKit »

I really really hate when people give you one time and then they end up not being done until three hours later. I really hate people who cant stay at least somewhat scheduled. The rest of my night is ruined now because his family couldnt stick to their original plan. :x