Venting

The place for anything at all...
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Post by RedEye »

Okay: as an owner of Siberian Husky named Fe'a; I can assure you that they have no more wolf blood in them than any other Lupus dog. They really aren't even marked like Wolves, their coats and markings are simply what the old breeders wanted to have.
As to the dominance issue; Huskies have big brown eyes and play the "Poor Puppy-dog" routine very well ( canine version of a pout). Fe'a is spoiled rotten, so forget the Dominance bit: they win every time. She is also very intelligent and intuitive...but then she thinks she's a lap dog at forty-two pounds weight. She also sleeps on my bed at night, and sometimes I've had a strange wakeup--looking over at her head on the pillow next to mine (like one of my novels come to life). ( Sigh)
The dogs that need to be dominated are the Terrier dogs; they are difficult to train and very hard to keep trained. Fe'a, on the other hand, learned to sit on command in fifteen minutes.
As to your parents: Confound them with facts. They seem to be very fact oriented, so feed them the truth about Husky dogs and let them think. One thing though: Huskies need space; they are not house dogs. They like to run. You need a decent sized fenced yard for a Husky.
As to Yellowstone; sell it as a Geological place, then sneak off and look at the wolves.
Your friend's comment of "kill it with fire" sounds like he is a little dangerous. Find another friend. You don't want to associate with fantasy arsonist-murderers. They have a habit of acting out on those fantasies.
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
Xiroteus
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Happy

Post by Xiroteus »

I have done a bit of reading on Huskies over the years, I like them, I would get a Husky or Germen Shepard, Huskies may have a high prey drive, so would need to be careful of small animals and the fence is not good enough along with budget reasons, not the right time at the moment. People should know what they are talking about before making such statements.
Berserker
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Berserker »

RedEye wrote:Find another friend. You don't want to associate with fantasy arsonist-murderers. They have a habit of acting out on those fantasies.
It's an internet trend. http://www.encyclopediadramatica.com/KILL_IT_WITH_FIRE
Still mean-spirited and ignorant though.
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

Hey all, hello from Las Vegas. The move worked out well, I'm in the process of adjusting to the new time zone, and the job hunt officially began today. . . Sort of.

Right now I don't have a car or a state driver's license, so my employment options are limited to places I can either walk to or take the bus to. That's fine either way. There are some commercial areas close enough for me to walk to (by my standards anyway: my brother seemed shocked and horrified when I told him how far I walked) and the Las Vegas transport system is one of the best in the country, but it's not the job hunt overall that I'm upset about.

What got to me was that I tried just walking around the general area first just to see what my options were, and I swear to God I must have walked past over a hundred tanning salons before I found even so much as a Burger King. . .

Let me remind you that I'm now in Las Vegas, which is in the middle of the [bleep]in' desert. If you want a tan, you can get one outside. Anywhere outside! You lie down and roll over once every five to ten minutes! Or better yet, you can just walk around for an hour looking for a restaurant with a public restroom like I just did!

What kills me the most was how many of these freaking tanning salons there were -- there are enough idiots in this town pissing money away to keep all of them in business!

Unless, like, tanning salons are just a front for well off housewives that want a job as a status symbol (sort of like the art galleries and antique shops where I used to live). It actually doesn't matter to me though, because it's depressing either way: Either the people here are dumber than my old hometown could ever be, or I just screwed up my biological clock by flying across the country to put up with the exact same crap I was putting up with at home.
RedEye

Post by RedEye »

Tesertas; remember a couple of things about Vegas: One: over half the people who work there work nights and sleep during the day, and most dancers need an all over tan; no "bikini marks".
Thus the tanning salon: even tans for people who work at night...and the Salons are air conditioned, which Vegas in the summer desperately needs.

Last time I drove thru the place it was 103 degrees at two A.M.! And that wasn't even high summer; it was late spring.

So, those Salons do make a Las Vegas kind of sense.
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Terastas »

I get the night dancers part, but geez, even Las Vegas can't possibly have enough exotic night dancers etc. to keep all the salons I saw in just this one small area turning a profit.

And hey, a new day brings a new gripe! :D

If you ever go to Vegas and somebody tells you what my brother told me: That all the streets are designed like a grid so it's virtually impossible to get lost, give them a purple nurple and tell em' it's from me. Most of the main streets are designed in a grid, but on the way home I made a turn down the wrong side street (because my brother had told me they were all a grid) and wound up in a series of streets that were less like a grid and more like a hedge maze.

I went down one side road off of the main street, turned off of that into a dead end, retraced my steps, took another turn down another dead end, went back and took another turn down another dead end, walked back, took a turn down another dead end. . . *deep breath* Got pissed and tried to go back and went down another dead end, backtracked and went down another dead end, backtracked and went down another dead end. . . Well, long story short: It took me half an hour just to find a street connecting back to a main road: the very same street I walked down off of the main road in the first place. I know the streets in Boston are ten times worse, but at least there they have the courtesy of labeling streets that are one way or dead end. I didn't find out when I took a wrong turn until I was at somebody's driveway.

Maybe I'm just bitter, but all I could think was that this might explain why what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas. :P

I'm sure as hell glad when I asked my roommates if they wanted me to bring back anything from Burger King, they both politely declined and that I chose to eat in. That experience sucked enough without adding a greasy bag of fast food in hand to the formula.. :P
Last edited by Terastas on Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
JoshuaMadoc
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: HERO OF NIGHTMARES
Additional Details: I just don't care.
Mood: Indifferent

Post by JoshuaMadoc »

Why are all the ARPGs i've played on the DS so far play so f*** slow? Even Lunar Knights and Soma Bringer is like... *TAP*...*TAP*...*TAP*... It's like a fraction of the speed of Kingdom Hearts 2. It's killing my attention span, so what the goddamn, you guys? Quit underestimating the DS...
Anónimo Juan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Anónimo Juan »

I am tired of my routine, it's making life so monotonous.

It slowly kills you, and drives you mad.

Keep you doped with religion and sex and TV,
And you think you're so clever and classless and free,
But you're still peasants as far as I can see.

:)
Xiroteus
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Happy

Post by Xiroteus »

IndianaJones
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Anime/Furry/Disney Fanatic
Additional Details: I like transformations and humans being turned into animals, furries, and monsters.
Mood: Relief

Post by IndianaJones »

Routines, eh?

Why don't you change your ways of living? And so how people think about your living. Something different that some will say, hey that is not normal.
Disney/Disneyland fans and theme parks!
http://micechat.com/

http://steamcommunity.com/id/ZanderFox/
Moonwatcher
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Guardian
Mood: Sad

Post by Moonwatcher »

Hel this is like @##$$# sonofa@##@$ and why the hell is it taking so f***ing long f*** aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh S**t S**t :x :x :x
Humans Fear The Beast Within the Wolf Because
They Do Not Understand the beast Within Themselves
Anónimo Juan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Anónimo Juan »

...And so how people think about your living. Something different that some will say, hey that is not normal.
What other think doesn't really makes it less monotonous, and I don't mean it's boring, I mean I'll be forever :P

I'd just wish something big and great happened to me, but ya' know, those thing don't happen, you do them.
RedEye

Post by RedEye »

IndianaJones
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Anime/Furry/Disney Fanatic
Additional Details: I like transformations and humans being turned into animals, furries, and monsters.
Mood: Relief

Post by IndianaJones »

I won't be bringing conspiracy stuff again. It was stupid of me to share it here.

Unless some is interested in it.
Disney/Disneyland fans and theme parks!
http://micechat.com/

http://steamcommunity.com/id/ZanderFox/
Black Claw
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Hidden Archer
Mood: Excited

Post by Black Claw »

Dude that infared fart video is so freakin funny. I'm sending that to my sister. The way i vent is by getting on Halo 2 and 3 and just do a bunch of beatdowns. P.S. Don't play with Hamster 09, he such a f** and !#$@!^. He wants to do a bunch of inhumane stuff to you and i think he's gay. :x
I am the guardian of the light and darkness,
I am the one who whispers in the dark,
I am the eyes of your soul,
I am the shield,
I am the sword.
Lukas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: living

Post by Lukas »

IndianaJones wrote:I won't be bringing conspiracy stuff again. It was stupid of me to share it here.

Unless some is interested in it.
you can bring in conspiracy stuff as long as you don't claim it is the truth or fact unless you have steel-hard evidence
(for every afro avatar, a funky man loses his hair, please, think of undercover brother)
alphanubilus
Legendary
Legendary

Friendly Fire...

Post by alphanubilus »

Okay I finally have something to vent about! :P

I have been playing Turok for the Xbox 360, and I can not even fathom as to why the creators thought it would be cute for you, the player, to have the grand ability to get fragged by your own squad. I'm fine with realism and forcing you to watch where you are going, so you don't walk directly into friendly fire, but I would hope that the AI of your squad would realize that if you are taking out a raptor, soldier, or whatever to not walk up behind you and start open firing at the said dino with you between them.

I've now died several times, not because of evil dinosaurs or skulking soldiers, but because I keep getting shot in the back by a guy who is suppose to be on MY SIDE!. It is quite lame...

In the early stages it wasn't a big problem because you usually walked with only one other character and the areas were big enough to keep some distance between your gun fights and the others. While this doesn't make me dislike the game... it is sure annoying... :P
RedEye

Post by RedEye »

Well, that means that the combat is realistic, that's all. Just remember Murphy's rule:

"FRIENDLY FIRE ISN'T" :lol:
Black Claw
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Black Claw »

Hey, you think that's bad play with Hamster_09, he is so freakin gay and all that annoying words i can't say on here but can yell at him while i'm on Halo 3
I am the shield,
I am the sword.
Silverclaw

Post by Silverclaw »

GAAHH!!!

Why is it, on the rare occasions I have a couple drawings to actually post, the scanner doesn't work for me?
:cry:

It says that there was an error communicating with the scaning device and to make sure its hooked up properly.

I've checked it multiple times and its still the same!

*bangs head against wall*

:| *sighs* :| :roll:
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Terastas »

So. . . Everybody knows I'm in Vegas now, right? Now a lot of cities have night lives, but New York and Las Vegas are the only two cities that are known around the country to never sleep, right?

So, if this is a city that never sleeps, how come McDonalds, Burger King and Taco Bell are the only "restaurants" I can find that are still open after 8:00 p.m.? That was an early time for a restaurant to close back in my hometown of Ipswich, MA (the city that sleeps 16 hours a day), so how come everyone's in a rush to close here? Isn't that effectively closing your doors to 1/3 of Vegas' population?

No, no long-winded gripe tonight. My Internet connection's too weak for me to stay online long enough to rant for that long. No lengthy rant; just a brief observation. Bye.
Baphnedia

Post by Baphnedia »

hmm... they don't have A Denny's in all of Las Vegas?
Everyday should be Towel Day.
Sekrit Identity: What?
Paradice Games: .com, Forums & Facebook
Black Claw
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Black Claw »

That is strange. :howl:  :oo
I am the shield,
I am the sword.
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets

Post by MoonKit »

I finally get up the nerve to ask that cute boy out....and hes not there today. :lol:

Ok...so maybe Im not really angry about it....annoyed actually. But this counts as venting right?
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend
alphanubilus
Legendary
Legendary

Post by alphanubilus »

MoonKit wrote:I finally get up the nerve to ask that cute boy out....and hes not there today. :lol:

Ok...so maybe Im not really angry about it....annoyed actually. But this counts as venting right?
Just think of it as giving yourself a bit more time to plan things out. :P