Venting

The place for anything at all...
Kaebora
Custom Title: Werehare In Disguise
Mood: RAR!

Re: Venting

Post by Kaebora »

Websense has only one blocked catagory that I disagree with.

"Tasteless"

A lot of good websites and forums, especialy humorous ones, were blocked with this catagory as the reason.
Lurking softly, reading your posts, loving your ideas...
-Kaebora
WereWolfBoy
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Making the humans pay the wrong they have caused the pack
Additional Details: Damn the night
paws covered in blood, running
Running through the forest
Naked ,free of clothing howling
Animal instinct calls from
within.
Mood: Meh...

Post by WereWolfBoy »

true but not sites you need for STD projects its retarded
The world lives in silence as we howl our hearts aloud
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh

Post by RedEye »

You say STD...

You do know what STD's are, don't you? If you're just making an Acronym, you picked a bad set of letters.

Schools block things because the Administrators like to web-surf when they should be attending to school business. The fallout for the students is that they get blocked as well. :lol:
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
Whisperwind
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Whisperwind »

arghh im not having a good day... first, this mentally challenged person at old navy decided it was okay to try to watch me while i was in the fitting rooms. now, it wasnt like he didnt know what he was doing. he talked to me perfectly normal, just a slight slur of words and how he handled himself physically gave any indication that something was "off".. but when his boss heard the ruckus, he turned into a "slow" person, not talking right - and i swear to you, it was an act to get away with it! cause as soon as she left he turned back to me and winked and said, perfectly, "you can't mess with the handicapped but the handicapped can mess with you". ARGH!!

and if that wasnt bad enough, while parked waiting for someone, i managed to drop my cell phone in a big cup of soda.. only for a few seconds but i think it killed me phone. i turned it off took out the battery and dried it off as best i could, and blow dried it (on cool) when i got home but its still kinda wonky.. so i have a feeling i'm s*** out of luck when it comes to a phone for a while, cause i cant afford a new one.

theres more but i have such a headache i need to go lay down.. that was the worst of it though. ugh.
wolves and dragons? i'm on board! ImageImageImage
Wingman
Game Master
Game Master
Custom Title: Dastardly ne'er-do-well in search of a lickspittle

Post by Wingman »

RedEye wrote:You say STD...

You do know what STD's are, don't you? If you're just making an Acronym, you picked a bad set of letters.

Schools block things because the Administrators like to web-surf when they should be attending to school business. The fallout for the students is that they get blocked as well. :lol:
An entire section of my biology class was all about STDs, well, STIs nowadays, so I imagine he's talking about something along the same lines. Those were some pictures I'll be happy never to see again.
http://stevebot-7.deviantart.com/
Quod sumus hoc eritis

Aspirant writer-artist.
outwarddoodles
Custom Title: I'm here! What more do you want?

Post by outwarddoodles »

Wingman wrote:
RedEye wrote:You say STD...

An entire section of my biology class was all about STDs, well, STIs nowadays, so I imagine he's talking about something along the same lines. Those were some pictures I'll be happy never to see again.
I've been subjected to year after year of STD-related Health class projects. I've assisted in re-stocking our library before, and there's shelves full of this stuff. In 6th grade, we spent half a year learning "Sex Education."

And it's remarkably boring.
"We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream."
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Post by Set »

I want to filet the people responsible for this.
Wingman
Game Master
Game Master
Custom Title: Dastardly ne'er-do-well in search of a lickspittle

Post by Wingman »

Set wrote:I want to filet the people responsible for this.
Wow, just wow.

"It's okay to strip-search her because she's a little girl." I...they..ugh.

Hmm, just noticed this happened six years ago. Why has it taken so long to hit slashdot?
http://stevebot-7.deviantart.com/
Quod sumus hoc eritis

Aspirant writer-artist.
Midnight
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Midnight »

Last edited by Midnight on Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Set
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Set »

Dear Google Employees,

If you continue to put entire paragraphs in capslock, I will reach through my computer and beat you with a frying pan.
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh

Post by RedEye »

Set wrote:Dear Google Employees,

If you continue to put entire paragraphs in capslock, I will reach through my computer and beat you with a frying pan.
Be glad it isn't in Capslock and BOLD.
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

Being a furry, I'm well aware of the fact that just because I find something interesting and/or amusing, that doesn't mean anyone else will.

I wish my mother understood that.

She currently has three programs which she ritually watches: Jon & Kate + 8, Toddlers & Tiaras and Celebrity Apprentice. I've made it perfectly clear to her that I have no interest in any of those shows, and in fact completely despise with every bone in my body the latter two, but every time it's on she'll yell out to me from the living room "[show] is on!" followed by "do you want to watch it?!" I don't have to anyway, because once every three minutes she'll come into the room and recap it for me.

I don't know if it's because she's desperately trying to convince herself that she's normal and therefore everyone should love that sort of train wreck TV that she enjoys, or if she knows it pisses me off and does so deliberately, but either way, it's pissing me off.

She's also recently started daydreaming about Florida again, and evidently she's trying to convince herself that I would love nothing more than to pack up and move to Florida too. She's already told me five times today how much she loved it down there and how she used to go four times a year when she was young.

I, on the other hand, have no interest at all in living in Florida because:
1) It's the exact same sales pitch word for word she gave to me about Las Vegas, and Las Vegas sucked like Hell.
2) It's God's waiting room.
3) It's ground zero of the housing market crash and she's a real estate agent.
4) She's a closet racist, so I know she'd spend less time in the sun and more time locked up in the house terrified of all the Cubans.

I've already told her 3/4, but she talks about it as if I'm romancing a move just as much as she is.

This is why I always say that the people who insist that they are normal are always the most nucking futs of them all; because I'm living with the textbook example. I could have her committed in a heartbeat if I wanted to. :P
Set
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Set »

People are taking it too far with the whole music thing.
Silent Hunter
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: PACK IS CREDIT TO TEAM!
Mood: Ruthless

Post by Silent Hunter »

NOT AN APRIL FOOLS DAY VENT IF YOU DON'T WANT TO HAVE A DOWNER POST, DON'T LOOK, HAVE FUN:
------------------------------
Does anyone get a time when they want to improve a situation, mend something yet they do stupid things that just dig deeper and deeper? I am getting at the moment. I want to fix a situation but I am so probably deseperate to fix it that I am making more mistakes then I should. The person knows who he is and probably time can fix things but god. I feel like I am just messing up all the time and I hate it. I hate wrecking things then just wrecking them more. It feels like I am digging myself into a hole that I can not get out of and I just want it to stop. I can not turn the clocks back yet I want to kind of get it to a state that is relative to before it all went pear shaped. I don;t kjnow what to do anymore? If you have upset someone and then not shown any change in front of them, how can you fix things? Many would just let this drop yet if I am going to be on the same place as that person Its probably better to just try and make up. I dunno though.

Thoughts on this would be helpful...
-------
Anyway back to the fun.
"Religion and politics
Often make some people
Lose all perspective and
Give way to ranting and raving and
Carrying on like emotional children.
They either refuse to discuss it with reason,
Or else they prefer argumentum ad hominem,
Which is a hell of a way to conduct a discussion."
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Terastas »

Dear God, how I :duckieing hate April Fool's Day.

Started this morning. Apparently Comcast thought it would be funny to unplug everyone's connections. I'm currently writing this by freeloading off of another network that's barely within range so I have to reset it every five to ten minutes.

FurAffinity has these stupid llama icons raining down on the page that have definitely screwed up the website. I don't know if it's because they're overloading my browser or by design, but I can't do squat on that website because of it.

And you! I'm ashamed of you Omega (or Figarou, RedEye, Outward, or whichever one of you thought of this).
Replacing "S-I-L-V-E-R" with "broccoli?"
"W-E-R-E-W-O-L-F" with "vampire?!"
"F-R-E-E-B-O-R-N" with "Twilight?!!"

And the webspeak! The gawd-be-damned webspeak! The first post I read today was by a newcomer and I mistook him as being retarded! How could you?!

Just you wait, just you wait! When I'm through with you, you're all going to wish you'd never even heard of April Fool's Day.
*goes off to scheme cuz' the day is almost over and I've got lots of work to do*
Sioux
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: A life does not have to be human to be great.

Post by Sioux »

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Oh Terastas! You absolutely made my day!
Thanks for making me laugh. :lol:
Vagrant
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Prolific Procrastinator

Post by Vagrant »

Tak changed Free-born to Twilight, too? Baaahahahahaha!

...sorry.
Set
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Set »

:blink: Apparently I'm the only one who can't see the filter of doom.

I am immune to your useless holiday. Mwahaha. :evil:
Vagrant
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Prolific Procrastinator

Post by Vagrant »

Well, you do, you just don't realise that you do!
Grayheart
Game Master
Game Master
Custom Title: The Striding Stranger

Post by Grayheart »

Although I'm not really the type for open venting, I just have to do it now, 'cause I'm really pissed off by today's events:

Currently I'm starting my fieldresearch for my Examwork in Cultural Anthropology. Since I want to write about roleplayers I took the opportunity to visit a really big Role Play Convention. To get a full weekend permission for entering I had to run one rpg round - nothing special about this, I like to be gm and had one nice little adventure.

Problem was - the players who showed up were the typical powergamer kind. First they wanted to play Drow that were supposed to enslave everyone they would encounter. Then I could convince them they wouldn't have fun with this type of characters, since the setting of the adventure is in a kingdom that is ruled by good people, near an elven wood an so on. The next characters they came up with was a pair of monster hunters who only live for profit and killing people.

Result: The death of the player character of the girl that accompanied the two guys - and the shortly following death of my appartment-mate's character who played for the first time in her life. I'd wanted to show her my hobby and then these two nutshells spoiled everything. They argued, they bullied everyone - including my appartment-mate who hasn't a thick enough pelt for things like that - and they killed for no apparent reason. I truly hate these kind of players ... and now my head aches like hell *sigh*
In wildness is the preservation of the world
So seek the wolf in thyself!

(Metallica - Of Wolf and Man)
Berserker
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Berserker »

Sorry to hear that. That's why I won't touch any RPG conventions or groups, and haven't done so in 5 years. Everywhere I go all the players are like that. The hobby has been @%#&! ruined by videogames/MMOs, anime, and hack fantasy paperback garbage, and self-referential-to-the-point-of-irony "gamer geek" culture (which happens to include all of the above.) As a GM who played RPGs in the early 90s, the Internet didn't nurture my ideas about RPGs and fantasy, so whenever I come across people whose views are almost 100% adopted from Internet culture, there's such a clash of interest that hostility is the first and foremost result.

It would take a lot of time and digging around to find good players.
Grayheart
Game Master
Game Master

Post by Grayheart »

Thank you, Berserker!

This was my first really big rpg convention and before the round started I had a lot of really positive encounters, especially regarding my questionaire. Lucky thing was that some friends of mine came to help me, thus I had a more balanced group regarding to temper-issues.

Now let's see how today will be - I think much better.

Terastas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Terastas »

Have you tried roleplaying with furries before?

I suggest that because the majority of furryMUCK/roleplay is character-driven and typically has absolutely zero bearing on gameplay, so when you enter into an actual roleplaying game, they're typically the least liable to resort to powergaming.

But yeah, I don't do any multi-player roleplaying outside the fandom for exactly that reason. Inevitably you always encounter one of those nimrods that never plays a single-player RPG without a bunch of cheat codes or editing programs and consequently try to play all their multi-player games the exact same way. Sadly, multi-player RPs were designed with storytellers in mind instead of gamers, and in the gaming community as a whole, 49/50 people don't even register coherent thought, much less an imagination (don't believe me, visit the Neverwinter Nights forum and see how many "Pimp's Quest" modules there are).

Seriously, we have an entire thread in the gaming forum about people that suck online. Sad thing is that most of the people we vent about in that thread -- the people that make online gaming suck -- they are also the people that make tabletop gaming suck as well.
Grayheart
Game Master
Game Master

Post by Grayheart »

Have you tried roleplaying with furries before?
I'm not even sure, if there is something like a furry fandom here in germany. Before I came to this forum concepts like Furry and Therian were completely unknown to me.

The problem with the two guys and the girl was they obviously played together D&D for a long time as a group. The one guy who was usually the gm of the group was the biggest problem, so to say, because he was used to circumstances in which everything functions like he wants it to function. Additionally there seemed to be a lot bad blood between this guy and the girl. She told me whenever both of them played together, her character was dead during the first half hour of play. The second guy was something like the mediator between the two - not a very successful one, though.

Moss27
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Moon Hunter
Mood: Bored

Post by Moss27 »

cgfgfgvf cv fxdhjnkmc b

Okay, now that I'm done slamming the keyboard, it's time for my rant.

I got a D on my science exam because of one mistake. ONE. I accidentally put in sine instead of cosine on one equation, and that screwed the problem up. and that problem happened to be 43 points out of a possible 83 for the whole test. yeah. I cried for 2, maybe 2 and a half periods over that exam, even if I get to redo the problem.

Over Spring Break, I accidentally slipped to my family friends and to my mom that I might, POSSIBLY be bisexual. I'm not saying that I am, 'cause now I know I'm not, but my mom took it the wrong way, and now I'm regretting ever having that conversation. In MY point of view, a rebellious teenage girl's point of view, it was their fault in the first place; they were talking about my brother liking ONLY girls and making sure that he wasn't interested in boys. Then came my slip up, and now I'm feeling like I should never EVER go back to their house, ever again.

And now I feel like crying another 40 hours before I start to feel better. Maybe take a baseball bat and swing at a tree. or a rock. or even my computer desk (never my computer). But this rant has calmed me down, only a bit, but I'm sure that when I take a shower, I'll cry and weep again. I was raised to never yell or scream, so the only way I can physically rant is to cry while slamming on the keyboard.
"I didn't do my homework, so why am I in trouble for something I didn't do?"