Venting

The place for anything at all...
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Re: Venting

Post by Terastas »

Gevaudan wrote:By the way, why was President Obama talking about abortion at a commencement speech?
Because everyone at that commencement likely had to make their way through a picket line full of angry self-righteous neanderthal-men armed with banners and pictures of dead babies to get there. I seriously doubt Obama wanted to talk about abortion, but if he didn't after the great big circus from Hell the anti-abortionists set up around it, it would have been like the big grizzly bear on Harvey Birdman: AaL that nobody ever points out is in the room. Or in the words of George Carlin, a giant turd floating around in the punchbowl that nobody ever points out. His hand was forced; he had to talk about abortion.
Bloodyredbaron
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Undead Mutant Dinosaur
Mood: Indifferent

Post by Bloodyredbaron »

The play was f*** dismal.

Also, I know schoolbuses are freaking annoying, with the stop and go bullcrap, but what you don't do is, speed right past the f*** schoolbus when it's stopped.

Also, who the hell steals a laptop case? The laptop wasn't gone, just the f*** case. Christ, people.
"I hope some animal never bores a hole in my head and lays its eggs in my brain, because later you might think you're having a good idea but it's just eggs hatching."
-Jack Handey
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Terastas »

This isn't really venting so much as just a rhetorical question which I don't really expect anyone to answer.

I can understand why nobody would want the terror suspects from Guantanamo Bay being kept in their states. . . But here's my question: If we could find a place for Charlie Manson, why can't we find a place for them?

I'm sorry, but some of the people we already have in our prisons scare me ten times more than the people locked up in Gitmo. If we can find room for our home grown nutjobs, why not our imports as well?
Bloodyredbaron
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Bloodyredbaron »

Every day I pray to the Goddess Megan Fox so that more hot girls can come to the school. And every day, she doesn't answer my prayers.

Not really a vent, just me complaining about the drastic deficit of attractive females at my place of education.
"I hope some animal never bores a hole in my head and lays its eggs in my brain, because later you might think you're having a good idea but it's just eggs hatching."
-Jack Handey
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The one and only were-jaguarundi!

Post by PariahPoet »

I have no sympathy for a guy who is alone because he'll only have a 'hot' girl.

*brought to you by the coalition of ugly girls
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Post by RedEye »

Ahhh... He didn't say he was alone...

He just wanted more "eye-candy" at his school. :lol:

He doesn't realize that "eye-candy" is 75% makeup and attitude. Some of the hottest Supermodels today were "blah" in school, simply because they weren't initerested in pretty; they were interested in grades. :wink:
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
Bloodyredbaron
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Bloodyredbaron »

Meh, I'm not looking for a life long companion, just someone who'll look good hanging on my arm. That's the truth of the matter.
-Jack Handey
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Terastas »

Bloodyredbaron wrote:Meh, I'm not looking for a life long companion, just someone who'll look good hanging on my arm. That's the truth of the matter.
Are you rich and/or look good yourself? If not, give it up, because the only women that will consider hanging on your arms will be just as shallow and materialistic as you're making yourself out to be.

Really, if all you care about is looks, you deserve a girl that will pick your pocket and rot your brain with her presence.

Gawd! I know people can be petty and shallow, but I never thought anyone would ever broadcast it openly (at least not outside of the Jerry Springer Show anyway).
Bloodyredbaron
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Bloodyredbaron »

Terastas wrote:
Bloodyredbaron wrote:Meh, I'm not looking for a life long companion, just someone who'll look good hanging on my arm. That's the truth of the matter.
Are you rich and/or look good yourself? If not, give it up, because the only women that will consider hanging on your arms will be just as shallow and materialistic as you're making yourself out to be.

Really, if all you care about is looks, you deserve a girl that will pick your pocket and rot your brain with her presence.

Gawd! I know people can be petty and shallow, but I never thought anyone would ever broadcast it openly (at least not outside of the Jerry Springer Show anyway).
Oh, please Terestas , get off your high horse. If I wanted someone to love who loved me back I’d buy another dog. I’m not looking for starry eyed teenage “twu wuv”, the last time I did that it ended poorly, and when it was done I felt tired and like I’d wasted two years on a emotion that was completely false. I’d rather waste three weeks and all of my parent’s fortune on someone who’s hot rather than two more years and all the hollow promises on someone ugly. So, yes I am shallow Terestas, I’m a f*** shallow, petty, vindictive asshole who cares more about what a woman looks like than her personality at this point in my life.

Do you have a problem with that? Because if it does I’ll add it to the vast list of personal problems I have to correct right away, because someone on the internet finds them offensive.
-Jack Handey
Kaebora
Custom Title: Werehare In Disguise
Mood: RAR!

Post by Kaebora »

Bloodyredbaron, cool your jets man. You did kind of light a fuse you know. If your controversial outlook on life offends multiple members on this forum, that's the kind of issue the moderators will intervene with if it leads to flaming. If you don't care to listen politely to the opinions of members here, perhaps you should keep it to yourself.

Terastas, probably best just to leave him alone at this point. It doesn't look like anyone's opinions matter to him in relation to his life outside of the internet, like many many others.

Moving on...
Lurking softly, reading your posts, loving your ideas...
-Kaebora
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary

Post by PariahPoet »

All I can say is Baron I hope your next life is spent as an unattractive female so you can see firsthand just how much fun that life is.
Then you can be tormented all through your childhood, barked at in the halls in high school, snubbed through young adulthood, and never get a job you're more than qualified for because you aren't cute enough. You will never get out of a single ticket or get a free drink and nobody will ever listen to anything you have to say because you are less than human for not being pretty.
That is what I wish on you.
Kaebora
Custom Title: Werehare In Disguise
Mood: RAR!

Post by Kaebora »

Awww, Pariah, I met you before and you are very pritty. And a fun conversationalist. Don't sell yourself short. :D

I wasn't very good looking for a long time, until I got to high school. All that bullying and name calling ended abruptly. Now I'm out of college and basically an Owen Wilson look-alike (without the broken nose). :lol:
Lurking softly, reading your posts, loving your ideas...
-Kaebora
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary

Post by PariahPoet »

Didn't end for me. -_-

I appreciate you trying to be nice, but the way people still treat me says otherwise.
At least I have a mate with enough character to get past my looks(or lack thereof).
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Terastas »

Kaebora wrote:Terastas, probably best just to leave him alone at this point. It doesn't look like anyone's opinions matter to him in relation to his life outside of the internet, like many many others.
It's my firm opinion that people who couldn't give a crap less abut anyone's opinion except their own shouldn't bother sharing their opinion with everyone else.

Kind of a bit of hypocrisy to say "I don't care" when he bothered to put it up on the Internet where the entire world can see it, no? He's not apathetic -- he just didn't get the kind of response he was looking for.

Personally, I think that's why a lot of people do fret over looks and pass judgment and/or give crap to anyone that doesn't meet their expectations: because they're pitiful excuses for human beings, they know it and are insecure about it, and hyper-materialism is their way of trying to overcompensate for it. You see a guy with a hot piece of arm candy, I see a guy insecure about the size of his *ahem* that thinks he's fooling us into believing otherwise.

Seriously, I am not envious of anyone that seems to have it all. Isn't that always how the real life murder mysteries on Dateline start?
Bloodyredbaron
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Bloodyredbaron »

Terastas wrote:
Kaebora wrote:Terastas, probably best just to leave him alone at this point. It doesn't look like anyone's opinions matter to him in relation to his life outside of the internet, like many many others.
It's my firm opinion that people who couldn't give a crap less abut anyone's opinion except their own shouldn't bother sharing their opinion with everyone else.
It wasn't your opinion that set me off, it was your holier than thou attitude, of course I must admit I should have expected nothing else from you.
Kind of a bit of hypocrisy to say "I don't care" when he bothered to put it up on the Internet where the entire world can see it, no? He's not apathetic -- he just didn't get the kind of response he was looking for.
Which was a cheap laugh, instead I get treated like I just announced I was planning on assassinating the president. That set me off too.
Personally, I think that's why a lot of people do fret over looks
Do you even read what I post or do you just skim?
and pass judgment and/or give crap to anyone that doesn't meet their expectations:

Pot, meet kettle. I hope the two of you are very happy together.
because they're pitiful excuses for human beings,

I have nothing but contempt for you too, Terestas.
they know it and are insecure about it, and hyper-materialism is their way of trying to overcompensate for it. You see a guy with a hot piece of arm candy, I see a guy insecure about the size of his *ahem* that thinks he's fooling us into believing otherwise.
Challenging my manhood, that's classy Terestas.
Seriously, I am not envious of anyone that seems to have it all. Isn't that always how the real life murder mysteries on Dateline start?
Very classy.
-Jack Handey
outwarddoodles
Custom Title: I'm here! What more do you want?

Post by outwarddoodles »

I'm sorely tempted to insert some comment about prolonged petty arguments and a lack of manhood here.
"We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream."
Bloodyredbaron
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Bloodyredbaron »

outwarddoodles wrote:I'm sorely tempted to insert some comment about prolonged petty arguments
Petty is a word that describes me pretty well, so it's hard to argue this point.
and a lack of manhood here.
What's with you people and insulting my genitals all of a sudden? Is this the bog standard method of insulting outsiders or are you just following Terestas' lead?
-Jack Handey
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary

Post by PariahPoet »

Quick, everyone point and laugh at Baron's genitals!
All the cool kids are doing it! :lol:
Bloodyredbaron
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Bloodyredbaron »

PariahPoet wrote:Quick, everyone point and laugh at Baron's genitals!
All the cool kids are doing it! :lol:
That's The Baron to you, Scooter.
-Jack Handey
outwarddoodles

Post by outwarddoodles »

My comment was not directed exclusively at you, Baron. It takes two to argue, after all. ; )

This is a vent thread, alright, but I wish people realized this was a vent-at-other-members-here thread.
Gevaudan
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Music Lover
Additional Details: Find me under my new username @RhyeRhythm on Twitter, Telegram, FurAffinity, Weasyl, and Furry Network!
Mood: Happy

Post by Gevaudan »

outwarddoodles wrote:My comment was not directed exclusively at you, Baron. It takes two to argue, after all. ; )

This is a vent thread, alright, but I wish people realized this was a vent-at-other-members-here thread.
Well, you are a Moderator, so you can end this argument anytime you like. :)
And everything under the sun is in tune, but the sun is eclipsed by the moon.

Find me under my new username @RhyeRhythm on Twitter, Telegram, FurAffinity, Weasyl, and Furry Network!
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Post by RedEye »

All Right: You asked for it... :lol:

Moderator's warning: :P

Let's steer away from personal stuff below the belt.

There will be one exception made:
If the person doing the below-the-belt stuff can prove that they have actual knowledge of their target's structures and can compare them to at least half-a-dozen other individuals on a point-by-point basis...
I'll start deleting posts containing such slams.
And you'll never know when I'm around, either... :evil:
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
outwarddoodles

Post by outwarddoodles »

Gevaudan wrote:
outwarddoodles wrote:My comment was not directed exclusively at you, Baron. It takes two to argue, after all. ; )

Well, you are a Moderator, so you can end this argument anytime you like. :)
oh, that's it, Gev! I'm banning you for your insolence! D : <

J/K J/K

Mods CAN "stop arguments" whenever we like, but that tends to ignite even more arguments that nobody ever wants to deal with. (Besides, something tells me that the two perpetrators here live for this kind of stuff...)
:D
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Terastas »

and pass judgment and/or give crap to anyone that doesn't meet their expectations:
Pot, meet kettle. I hope the two of you are very happy together.
Are you trying to imply that it's unrealistic to expect someone to treat their fellow human beings like human beings?
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Terastas »

Good god I hate this [expletive] town!

Ever since the digital transition (another rant entirely), my mother and I have tried everything to get our damn TV reception to work, and frankly, if it wasn't for the fact that I need the basic channels just to do my new freakin' job properly (my first job after eighteen freakin' months unemployed), I would have just given up on TV as a whole by now.

Anyway, we tried the converter box, a digital TV and a digital antenna and all of them absolutely sucked, so we finally gave up and decided to reconnect with cable. We had Comcast before and they were absolutely brutal; they jacked up the prices on us, would cut our connection a day before the bills were due and take their sweet time reconnecting; they treated us like we should have felt grateful to be spending top dollar for their piss-poor service.

So this time we went to the Verizon store, where the guy behind the counter regretfully informed us that they couldn't help us. Turns out this town made a deal with Comcast to prohibit any of their competitors from doing business here.

What kind of crap is that?!

This is a town with broken roads, crap tap water, not a single friggin' traffic light anywhere to be seen. . . Where the hell does all this money from all of these rotten deals the town is making go?!! It's like a dumbed down version of the Bush/Cheney policies!

If you ever come to Massachusetts, I'm warning you: stay the hell out of Ipswich. It is rotten to the core (I'm sure H.P. Lovecraft made Innsmouth and Ipswich neighbors in his writing for a reason now). And since my current work situation 100% prohibits me from boycotting Comcast, all I can do is ask you to do it instead.