Venting

The place for anything at all...
Baphnedia

Re: Venting

Post by Baphnedia »

Sounds like my experiences with contracted cable providers on military bases (so that military bases don't have to conduct background checks on every ISP/cable provider in an area, they give one company a monopoly. Once, and only once have I seen this as a 'good' thing, where the company, regardless of who their customer was, treated us with respect and gave good service.

Charter, Comcast and Allegiance communications all failed at this on the bases that they were at, and during such times, because they knew that their customers were going to be their customers regardless, and did whatever they wanted to. I feel your pain.
Everyday should be Towel Day.
Sekrit Identity: What?
Paradice Games: .com, Forums & Facebook
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

So. . . Michael Jackson's been dead for. . . *checks his watch* What, three hours now as of my writing this? I would consider that to be still fresh off the press, especially considering the fact that he died suddenly.

So how come people are already going around chanting "NOBODY CARES -- STFU!!!" all across the Internet?!

Couldn't they have at least waited until, I dunno, tomorrow to start bitching about it?! What the fujunk is wrong with people nowadays?!

THE BODY IS STILL WARM!!! Why not wait until it's in the ground before you start pissing and moaning about how much you don't care?!!

*deep breath* Okay, I'm done. . . Well, I think I am. If I have to blow off steam again, I'll do it elsewhere.
Baphnedia

Post by Baphnedia »

That's because in this age, its all relative. In days where one would be respectful about such things forevermore, we live in an age if someone is lucky to get respect for five minutes.
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Post by RedEye »

Then there is the total media saturation of essentially the same thing, said over and over and over to the point that some of us begin to wonder if anything else has happened in the world worth noting.
Yes, he was an entertainer. Yes, he created a new style in music. Yes, he was popular with some of the modern music culture-types.

It is now a day after he passed on, and the drone continues to occupy most of the news here in the United States. While it is a sadness that he died; there are other things happening in the world that are being trivialized because; "OMG! Michael Is Dead!!!"

For some of us, there is more to life than the passing of Michael Jackson... like the unfolding horrors in Iran, or the current state of the economy.

I suspect that is why you're hearing people saying "STFU" so much. Not all of us are Michael Jackson fans.
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
Gevaudan
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Music Lover
Additional Details: Find me under my new username @RhyeRhythm on Twitter, Telegram, FurAffinity, Weasyl, and Furry Network!
Mood: Happy

Post by Gevaudan »

It's still not exactly great when anyone dies, period. It's inevitable; thousands of people die every day. I've seen people try to compare Michael Jackson's death with 9/11, and I think "Why?"
And everything under the sun is in tune, but the sun is eclipsed by the moon.

Find me under my new username @RhyeRhythm on Twitter, Telegram, FurAffinity, Weasyl, and Furry Network!
Baphnedia

Post by Baphnedia »

Gev, not all of them are comparing 9/11 to Michael Jackson's death as comparing sad events. They're comparing the national media blitz that is going to let them keep Iran out of the news, not have folks worry bout the economy, etc. It means that any public figure in the government can do just about anything, and the media won't turn a single eye away from Michael Jackson's grave.

Folks are figuring out that news is entertainment, but not usually something you can use, or is useful. Hell, tomorrow Congress could send a 10 Billion dollar aid package and weapons of mass destruction to help the Supreme Leader of Iran stay in power by releasing nerve gas on the protesters, and everyone in the United States would be watching the all-day live-coverage of Michael Jackson's funeral.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Terastas wrote:So. . . Michael Jackson's been dead for. . . *checks his watch* What, three hours now as of my writing this? I would consider that to be still fresh off the press, especially considering the fact that he died suddenly.

So how come people are already going around chanting "NOBODY CARES -- STFU!!!" all across the Internet?!

Couldn't they have at least waited until, I dunno, tomorrow to start bitching about it?! What the fujunk is wrong with people nowadays?!

THE BODY IS STILL WARM!!! Why not wait until it's in the ground before you start pissing and moaning about how much you don't care?!!

*deep breath* Okay, I'm done. . . Well, I think I am. If I have to blow off steam again, I'll do it elsewhere.

What pisses me off is that there's a lot of people trying to make money from his death. A tire shop here in town started to sell t-shirts marking his death. There's also a lot of M. Jackson stuff popping up on eBay. :roll:
Spongy
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Indifferent

Post by Spongy »

Figarou wrote:
Terastas wrote:So. . . Michael Jackson's been dead for. . . *checks his watch* What, three hours now as of my writing this? I would consider that to be still fresh off the press, especially considering the fact that he died suddenly.

What pisses me off is that there's a lot of people trying to make money from his death. A tire shop here in town started to sell t-shirts marking his death. There's also a lot of M. Jackson stuff popping up on eBay. :roll:
On that note it might be worth saying that politicians here are using his death to their advantage and trying to gain popularity. :roll:

I'm already tired of hearing about it. I was tired of hearing about it 5 minutes after it happened. Please world, shut up about it.
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Post by RedEye »

Do I hear any requests to lock this thread?

Look: He's gone, not dead. I suspect that all the hype over his passing is proving embarassing to him, wherever it is that he is now.
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets
Mood: Indifferent

Post by MoonKit »

People suck. Why are they so money hungry?

I lost $140 in a well lit, well crowded bank in a matter of about 10 seconds. It dropped out of my pocket when I pulled my paycheck out and turned away for literally not more than 10 seconds and the money is nowhere to be found. I just cant believe it. I would tell someone that they dropped money. I dont understand people. I just cant understand the mindset where you see money on the ground and say "mine now!". I wasnt in dire need of the money but now things will be a little tight for awhile. And I was planning on finally saving some of that. Im just appalled that someone would do that.
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend
Baphnedia

Post by Baphnedia »

Hmm..

Some are money hungry, because they're hungry.
Others, because money is a means to an end.
Others, because money is a means to no end.
Xiroteus
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Happy

Post by Xiroteus »

MoonKit wrote:People suck. Why are they so money hungry?

I lost $140 in a well lit, well crowded bank in a matter of about 10 seconds. It dropped out of my pocket when I pulled my paycheck out and turned away for literally not more than 10 seconds and the money is nowhere to be found. I just cant believe it. I would tell someone that they dropped money. I dont understand people. I just cant understand the mindset where you see money on the ground and say "mine now!". I wasnt in dire need of the money but now things will be a little tight for awhile. And I was planning on finally saving some of that. Im just appalled that someone would do that.
ACK!!!!!!

If you SEE someone drop money you GIVE IT BACK!!!!!

Now if they had not see who's money it was it is common to just keep it, still would be nice to find who it belonged to, it is not so easy to say, hello, did anyone just drop a bunch of money? And if said person knew the correct amount would be helpful.
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Terastas »

This week's episodes of America's Got Talent absolutely pissed me off. They cut some of the best acts and put through into the Top 40 some absolutely abysmal acts instead.

So to relieve some stress, I made these three images for inclusion in my latest Examiner article (which you can read for yourself via the link in my signature if you want).

How cool would it be if these wound up spreading all across the Internet like a longcat pic or a really funny demotivator?
That's the silver lining of the judges' incompetence: they're providing me with lots of ammo. :grinp:
WereDragon25
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The lovestruck wolf.
Location: Conway, AR. Such a big town for such a small wolf...

Post by WereDragon25 »

My life is soooo screwed up!!! I wake up every morning at 5:00a.m. so I can get dressed and everything before cross-country practice with the team, then, when I get home at about 8:30a.m., I do all of my chores, I'm usually finished by around 11:30a.m., since I do the housework while my Dad brings in the money. At that time, I go to help this 9 year old boy down the road, named Kerry Burger, build a treehouse. I do that until 4:30p.m.. I go to meetings after that until 8:00p.m., because I'm also helping to organize his deceased older brother's memorial 5K run, which, after all of the meetings, I get to ride a bike ALL across town, there's less traffic at night, to help advertise it with signs and posters. Luckily, I'm back by 9:30p.m. Then I run with my personal trainer, Kerry's mom, she is offering me free personal training, so long as I really work to improve myself at cross-country, that takes a half hour, so I'm done by 10:00p.m.. I then come home, when I FINALLY get to eat, not having eaten all day, then I take a shower and brush my teeth. ALL of my free time is after 11:00p.m., if I'm lucky. To have me time, I stay up late, going to bed about 1:30a.m.. Because of that, I'm constantly tired, like last night, I was so out of it, I was trying to drink water out of a plate, thinking it was a glass, and my energy is going down constantly. My eyesight seems to be getting poor, my legs are ALWAYS on fire, picking up a bottle of water is getting to the point where it exhausts me. If all of this isn't pleasant enough, my girl-friend is cheating on me with my 45 year old dad!!! I have NO idea how to handle that, so I pretend it doesn't happen, while it slowly feeds on my mind. This has been going on for three weeks, I'm surprised I haven't killed myself from the stress! And it will get even worse when school starts! I'm lucky enough to have gotten a break this weekend, and it's ALREADY over!!! I can't stop any of this, I mean, I actually want to do all of this stuff, except it is stressing beyond ANY stress I have ever had before, I mean I have already dedicated myself to it all! It will get slowly worse until September 7th, when the 5K will be dropped for a little while, maybe 3 months, but, that's if my head doesn't split open, first, or if I don't kill myself to end this!!! I'm 15 years old taking on the responsibilities of a 35 year old!!! I'm going crazy with stress. Sorry for annoying you all with this stuff. Well, thank you for reading this. I am probably going to be back at it all before I can check again, though.
Going crazy with all of the work I do, all of the practice I do, and all of the $@#% I have to deal with. God, please help and support Obsidian and I get through this mess.
Image Image Image Image Image

"And, thanks to Undercover Brother, the world was once again a funky place."
Wingman
Game Master
Game Master
Custom Title: Dastardly ne'er-do-well in search of a lickspittle

Post by Wingman »

Yeah, I think that's a bad enough routine to justify some substantial changes. Not any point in ruining yourself for the benefit of others without getting something from the deal.
http://stevebot-7.deviantart.com/
Quod sumus hoc eritis

Aspirant writer-artist.
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Terastas »

You know what's even more aggravating? These people who, mere hours after Jackson's death, were telling everyone to STFU and that they didn't give a [expletive] about it? These are the same people that are trying to [expletive]ing canonize Billy Mays.

Put together the greatest selling album of all time and donate half of your life to child welfare? "NOBODY CARES!!!!"

Spend your entire life hocking crappy inventions and laundry detergent? "WE'LL MISS YOU!!!!"

WereDragon25: :jawdrop: Good god, you gotta' learn to say no.
Baphnedia

Post by Baphnedia »

Terastas, about America's Got Talent, I went ahead and just quoted your post over yonder... http://www.paradice.net/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=2989
Sevena

Post by Sevena »

Last edited by Sevena on Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vrikasatma
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Sometimes, ya just gotta say ... BLEEEE!!
Additional Details: Digg: Gemfinder
Dragon Cave: http://dragcave.net/user/Xocowolf
Twitter: @Xocowolf
Mood: Busy

Post by vrikasatma »

ImageImageImageImage
Baphnedia

Post by Baphnedia »

Hmm... please do remember that The Pack isn't all on one side of the fence on any issue (well, except maybe duckying new members and wolf conservation, and maybe the movie Freeborn). So, regardless of what group they're from (within reason) please don't add 'tard' to the end of their name.

The thing is that both sides have engaged in heavy, heavy distortion and misinformation on this bill (And anything else). Our government is ham-stringing itself on getting anything done, because they're to busy vilifying one another.

Oh, and speaking of vilifying; CEOs should be greedy (to an extent, that helps business get off the ground). There is a modicum of control over greed (healthy dosages), and then there is out-of-control OMGWTFBBQ greed. As a CEO, I do resent the implication that I have gold dinnerware and all of that. Most of the population of 'CEO's aren't all that rich, and don't make a lot of money - and I'm going to assume that you're referring to Wall Street and Big Medical; not CEOs of all companies. Last I checked, there are about 500,000 across the US, and most aren't earning enough from their companies to live off of.
vrikasatma
Legendary
Legendary

Post by vrikasatma »

Baph — I was under the impression that this is the "Venting" thread. And I was venting. I got a year's worth of anger and frustration to blow off here, so I don't wind up on the evening news. Particularly today: our Town Hall is in two and a half hours :|

Please don't take it personally — for you and everyone/anyone else reading this who'd take issue.
ImageImageImageImage
Baphnedia

Post by Baphnedia »

Oh, no problem. :)

I didn't realize also that there's a town hall meeting where you're at. Hope it goes better than the rest!
vrikasatma
Legendary
Legendary

Post by vrikasatma »

ImageImageImageImage
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Terastas »

Baphnedia wrote:The thing is that both sides have engaged in heavy, heavy distortion and misinformation on this bill (And anything else).
Uh. . . No Baph, they have not. There is no government takeover, no socialized medicine and no death panel. Those were all rumors perpetuated by the right. The Republicans have been playing havoc and the Democrats have been playing damage control.

Here's a challenge: Tell me one thing said by pro-reformists that you can prove without a doubt is not true.
vrikasatma
Legendary
Legendary

Post by vrikasatma »

ImageImageImageImage