Venting

The place for anything at all...
Fang
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fang »

Kirk Hammett wrote:Controlling your own life at 18? That's a total laugh in this day and age unfortunately.
Gee, Thanks for destroying my hope of getting the f*** away from my parents :(
Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori :P
Fang
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fang »

f*** computer, so slow I gotta hit buttons several times and this f*** happens quadruple f*** posts! s***! muthafuking peice a trash
Kirk Hammett
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Guitar Dude from Metallica

Post by Kirk Hammett »

Fang wrote:
Kirk Hammett wrote:Controlling your own life at 18? That's a total laugh in this day and age unfortunately.
Gee, Thanks for destroying my hope of getting the {censored} away from my parents :(
:cry: Sorry Fang, that's not always the case, my mother moved out when she was 16!
Z wrote:
Fang wrote:{censored} computer, so slow I gotta hit buttons several times and this {censored} happens quadruple {censored} posts! s***! muthafuking peice a trash

u know, im pretty sure u can delete ur own comments
Awww cool it off people :cry:

I could do with some cooling off right now, it's bloody hot out there!
Last edited by Kirk Hammett on Thu Dec 28, 2006 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<b> Pack Drunk</b>
Image Image :beerwolf: :drunx:
"Animals were not made for humans, not anymore than black people were made for whites or women for men" -Alice Walker-
Kirk Hammett
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kirk Hammett »

Okay I have another rant! And this is going on my Myspace blog, and my other blog.

-----

For all you bedroom guitar shredders who think they are better than Hendrix and think they will be 'just like Yngwie and Allan Holdsworth' when their balls have dropped.

The reason you are not famous and the people you say suck so much are, is because, it's the other way around. You are tasteless, and they write good music. Or why would they be famous? Plus, if you think Ozzy Osbourne's voice sucks, why don't you try being Sabbath's frontman, and see where you get? No? I didn't think so. For all of you who think your tasteless over the top shredding is better than Kirk Hammett, Dave Mustaine, Marty Friedman, Michael Schenker and Stevie Ray Vaughn (etc!!!) because you can play a billion arpeggios...you are obviously thick headed.

If you think you are a better guitarist than the folk blues guitarist down the road from you who also knows a hint of jazz, oh he or she can't shred, but they certainly know their stuff...then you mustn't have much knowledge of the instrument.

Everybody is entitled to an opinion, right. We all like different styles of music. For example, I prefer Hendrix over Vai, and Schenker over Slash (Although I like all these players), because that's just me. But what I don't get is bedroom guitarists who sit around and insult other guitarists and compare them and get rude about it. I had a teacher once who insulted all my heroes. And then said he didn't even listen to a heap of styles of music (which included Mark Knopfler and Johnny Cash), when he tried to teach people to be all open. Sure, maybe he didn't like that style. Well I don't really like some of his stuff either.

What gets me is that just because I've not played for thirty years, it doesn't mean I'm ignorant and that their opinion matters more than mine. Not only do I teach the instrument, but I've been composing music since I was a very small child, just in my head, nothing to write it out on.

I do not like people stomping all over me and saying "Oh I think Schenker is a tasteless player, and Ozzy's voice sucks, and my opinion matters because I've been playing twenty odd years longer than you!". Well, I don't mind them having an opinion, but people don't get that different types of music hit different people in emotional ways.

These players that are insulted all the time (A classic insult: "Eric Clapton is boring". Wow, care to explain? Or do you not know what you are talking about? Did someone else feed you that? Another classic is Kirk and his wah pedal. Sure, some solos don't need it, but I sure as hell bet the idiot insulting him could never match his skill with a wah. And yet more classics, that Tony Iommi isn't classy. Wow, cut off your fingers buster, let's see you relearn your instrument! And Zakk Wylde with pentatonic licks...lets see you get onstage and shred it out like Zakk, hey? No? Have no band? Maybe because you're a tad up yourself? Thought so!) are famous and loved and always win poll contests. I don't see bedroom guitarists onstage shredding it up.

We all start in the bedroom or classroom or jam room, wherever you like to play whatever instrument. But those of us who actually got out there and gigged and recorded and joined bands, like myself, and then those of us who actually got famous, like Clapton and co, we are the ones who will acknowledge that people may not always like our music (Fair go, I don't like a lot of bands' sounds either.) but most of us will respect each other and respect even those bands we dislike, for what they have given the world. What they have given their millions of fans.

Sold out? Well maybe they were just overly loved. People actually like that crappy merchandise. Sure, there are some really pathetic Kiss and Metallica stuff out there, Motley Crue, etc, but if people buy it, then they will keep making it. (Although some bands just sold out pretty fast and unfortunately became arrogant overnight, like Wolfmother. The singer tried to chat a friend of mine up, thinking he could have her, because he was famous, even though she said no, he continued to ask for a kiss, and she was very uncomfortable).

So next time you spot that Led Zeppelin figurine in the store, grab it, you know you want to. And next time a bedroom guitarist/bassist/drummer/etc insults your hero...don't be put down by it. No matter how long you have been playing for, whether two minutes or ... never even picked up the instrument (This doesn't just apply to musicians!) you listen to them because you like their sound.

Although, where musicians are arrogant, they sometimes deserve a smack in the face. Yngwie unfortunately decided Dimebag wasn't good enough for him. What happened to respecting your fans, Dime was a big fan of his. (I only hope it was just a joke, and that Yngwie apologised later). And respecting fellow musicians?

----

Anyway my point is, have an opinion, but respect the fact that they are liked by others and don't force it on other people. Because you can really shut new musicians down by that. If you are a teacher, shame on you.
<b> Pack Drunk</b>
"Animals were not made for humans, not anymore than black people were made for whites or women for men" -Alice Walker-
Templar
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: No Title

Post by Templar »

Amen.
Sure, I could have stayed, could have even been king. But in my own way...I am King. (grabs girl) Hail to the king, baby!
-Ash
www.knight-templar.deviantart.com
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Disappointed

Post by Teh_DarkJokerWolf »

I haven't ranted in a while so here goes..The ending of this year sucked..Not only did I find out my mom has these bad kidneys, but then come the beginnng of January I find out I can't travel to california to see Z..All this planning an it all went down the drain..I soooo badly wanted to get away from this place..I am 22 going on 23 come the end of this month an I haven't done anything I wanted to with my life yet...Day in an Day out I spend here at home sitting at this compy..I just can't do anything else..Money is always a problem an it just doesn't last..I owe my mom so much money now..I can't ask her for more, but now when I really need it, not that i didn't before there is none to be given an I am just to damn guilty to ask any of my family for anything..My sister has 2 kids an her husband. They both work to make ends meet..How could I ask them for anything. All my family in Michgan I can't ask them for nothing cause they are a strange bunch an don't really like me anyways for some odd reason..

I am literally a lone wolf here in Missouri..I have no friends here at all..All the friends I really have are far away an out of reach...I can call them sometimes, but they got lives an I hate to call any of them whining over how I wish I lived closer or I wish I could come see you all..I don't know what to do anymore..The first time I did get to go somewhere was a-kon this poast year, but I had my sister with me who whined an griped the whole time make it an awful trip..My mom kept telling her to come cause my mom is over protective an I am not a baby anymore so she needs to stop..I've been having so many anxiety attacks lately..I thought it might be from my weight, but I was told it's stress...I mean now anyone can look at me an tell something is up..People can read me really well for some reason..I cry all the time, I want to cut so badly just to take my pain focus off my heart..

Everyone claims I need meds, but the damn meds is what put this damn weight on me I can't get off now!! The they all thing putting me in the hospital will work..I can't count on my hands an toes how many times I've been there an caome out with the same crap toturing me..Even now I can tell I'm stessed..The pain in my chest an the odd shakey feeling I get an especailly the fact I just want to cry right now..I hate crying cause I hurt so bad an I can't see Z..That really would have been so nice to do..I just don't want to keep feeling this..I wish that it would just go away..I hate to have the thought of wanting to kill myself in my head at all, but I can't do that..I can't give up..I have wanted..Only God would know how much I hurt right now..I for some reason start to believe he isn't there anymore..I was raised to believe he was..

I tried praying all the time asking for him to take my pain away..Take away those people that wished to see me hurt..I did this because this is what my family said was right..I can't stop remembering how bad I was bullied in school an how it happened every freakin day..Not a day passed I didn't get pushed or spit on or kicked..Countless times my life was threated..The fact that my parents fought so much in front of us was horrible..I mean how can you do that in front of your children? My dad was abusive to me too..He slammed me against the wall for saying something I shouldn't have I guess..Then they got divorced..God that killed me an my sister..But out of the 3 of us I took it hardest an I still do..I still cry over that man 12 years later..I loved my dad an I guess the pain of him doing that just hasn't left me yet..

For so reason I hold on to the most painful memories an the good ones see to just be somewhere in the back of my mind..I can't hardly remember any of them..I am a 22 year old trapped in my 13 year old mind..That's when it all started..The real pain of how bad school an life can be..I feel like my life is going nowhere an that my brain is leaking or something..I don't know why it seems that as the years pass things get worse..Like this guy that me an Z started workin for..Promised to pay us all this money for doing stuff for him..Not only did he NOT pay up but we couldn't contact him..He comes back just a few days ago saying he is going to pay us..Still nothing as I suspected..Nothing is going well..Maybe had he actually paid up I could go see her an just forget about all the crap here..Just for a week I wanted to be away..Why is this always happening? Why can't I be happy..I try to give it myself to those I see hurt, but I can't feel it myself when I want it..an need it most..
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

Teh_DarkJokerWolf wrote:I haven't ranted in a while so here goes..The ending of this year sucked..Not only did I find out my mom has these bad kidneys, but then come the beginnng of January I find out I can't travel to california to see Z..All this planning an it all went down the drain..I soooo badly wanted to get away from this place..I am 22 going on 23 come the end of this month an I haven't done anything I wanted to with my life yet...Day in an Day out I spend here at home sitting at this compy..I just can't do anything else..Money is always a problem an it just doesn't last..I owe my mom so much money now..I can't ask her for more, but now when I really need it, not that i didn't before there is none to be given an I am just to damn guilty to ask any of my family for anything..My sister has 2 kids an her husband. They both work to make ends meet..How could I ask them for anything. All my family in Michgan I can't ask them for nothing cause they are a strange bunch an don't really like me anyways for some odd reason..

I am literally a lone wolf here in Missouri..I have no friends here at all..All the friends I really have are far away an out of reach...I can call them sometimes, but they got lives an I hate to call any of them whining over how I wish I lived closer or I wish I could come see you all..I don't know what to do anymore..The first time I did get to go somewhere was a-kon this poast year, but I had my sister with me who whined an griped the whole time make it an awful trip..My mom kept telling her to come cause my mom is over protective an I am not a baby anymore so she needs to stop..I've been having so many anxiety attacks lately..I thought it might be from my weight, but I was told it's stress...I mean now anyone can look at me an tell something is up..People can read me really well for some reason..I cry all the time, I want to cut so badly just to take my pain focus off my heart..

Everyone claims I need meds, but the damn meds is what put this damn weight on me I can't get off now!! The they all thing putting me in the hospital will work..I can't count on my hands an toes how many times I've been there an caome out with the same crap toturing me..Even now I can tell I'm stessed..The pain in my chest an the odd shakey feeling I get an especailly the fact I just want to cry right now..I hate crying cause I hurt so bad an I can't see Z..That really would have been so nice to do..I just don't want to keep feeling this..I wish that it would just go away..I hate to have the thought of wanting to kill myself in my head at all, but I can't do that..I can't give up..I have wanted..Only God would know how much I hurt right now..I for some reason start to believe he isn't there anymore..I was raised to believe he was..

I tried praying all the time asking for him to take my pain away..Take away those people that wished to see me hurt..I did this because this is what my family said was right..I can't stop remembering how bad I was bullied in school an how it happened every freakin day..Not a day passed I didn't get pushed or spit on or kicked..Countless times my life was threated..The fact that my parents fought so much in front of us was horrible..I mean how can you do that in front of your children? My dad was abusive to me too..He slammed me against the wall for saying something I shouldn't have I guess..Then they got divorced..God that killed me an my sister..But out of the 3 of us I took it hardest an I still do..I still cry over that man 12 years later..I loved my dad an I guess the pain of him doing that just hasn't left me yet..

For so reason I hold on to the most painful memories an the good ones see to just be somewhere in the back of my mind..I can't hardly remember any of them..I am a 22 year old trapped in my 13 year old mind..That's when it all started..The real pain of how bad school an life can be..I feel like my life is going nowhere an that my brain is leaking or something..I don't know why it seems that as the years pass things get worse..Like this guy that me an Z started workin for..Promised to pay us all this money for doing stuff for him..Not only did he NOT pay up but we couldn't contact him..He comes back just a few days ago saying he is going to pay us..Still nothing as I suspected..Nothing is going well..Maybe had he actually paid up I could go see her an just forget about all the crap here..Just for a week I wanted to be away..Why is this always happening? Why can't I be happy..I try to give it myself to those I see hurt, but I can't feel it myself when I want it..an need it most..

i want to help you so bad but i dont know how...... :(
Kirk Hammett
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kirk Hammett »

-Howls with Z and Joker-

I had a really bad day today too. I found out my uni hours cut into my work hours and I may lose my job, or will have to squeeze 3 hours in and that's only $30, and that's once a week. That isn't going to pay for much. If I don't get this job with the music school or more guitar students (Most of my students are slack or gone away now) I am in big trouble.

I just want to move out. But housing prices here are impossible and I need to be alone so much that I can't move in with a friend. -Shudder- I'd rather not.

I figure what I'll do is just learn to read music (because I'm an ear trained guitarist, and mostly self taught!) in two weeks, and hope to hell I get this job. If not, well I guess I will just buy a money box and go without things for a while and budget on birthday gifts. Lucky I don't celebrate easter! (Not because I'm non religious...although I only really believe in Jesus anyway, I'm unsure about God at this point, but because I don't like where cocoa comes from: slave children).

[spoiler]f***[/spoiler] uni. I do look on the bright side; this is my last year there. Next year I will either tour or work, work, work, the entire time. Full time, two or three jobs. Yes, I am so desperate to move out, that I will work three jobs simultaneously to make ends meet. To buy a house here I'd have to be earning more than couples do put together. Driving isn't cheap, living isn't cheap, and frankly, being a musician by choice isn't cheap, luckily I have already bought my babies (guitars and amps and pedals and accessories) when I was working a lot. I want more guitars of course (I'd play every single one every day -smiles dreamily-) but yeah haha wait until I've got more money!

But anyway yeah I had other bad things all day. Annoying customers and too many of them, family feuds and people cancelling on me (as usual, seems to be an epidemic with me!), etc. Luckily I got around it and organised a few other things (Got a load of birthday shopping to be done!) plus a jam, nice and healthy for me, and have a friend coming to stay for the weekend all the way from a different state.

----

To Z and Joker:

I wish you had some silver linings like I do :( I can say that at least you know each other. I know you can't meet, (YET!) but taking turns for short phone calls (This way, the person paying the phone bill doesn't notice the cost!) and internet conversation, or snail mail! Snail mail is extremely fun! It's so comforting to get a letter written in your pen pal's or friend's own hand.
<b> Pack Drunk</b>
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

Z - im sorry for what your going through my heart goes out to you
Fang
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fang »

My sister want's me to clean cat puke even though I've told her I can't handle it, she's sound asleep in bed while I'm sitting here too pissed to sleep, her reasoning is that because she has a job that I have to take care of the animals, even though we're supposed to share the care when she's home, she's the one who has me taking them out, cleaning up piss and s*** from a dog so inbred that its actually a retard, I'm the one who is cleaning this crap up while she and her friends play nintendo :x so Im just going to tell my parents that she was ordering me around so she could sleep while I clean up a mess that I'm unprepared to deal with. now i need to get some words off my chest,

LOUSY NO GOOD ROTTEN SISTER WHO THINKS SHE'S SO HIGH AND MIGHTY, THINKS SHE CAN TREAT ME LIKE s*** JUST BECAUSE SHE HAS A JOB, DO I GET THANKED? NO! DO I GET ANY RESPECT? NO! SCREW HER, I HOPE SHE DIES IN AN AWFUL WAY FOR TREATING ME LIKE A SLAVE!
Last edited by Fang on Sun Jan 07, 2007 12:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

:| get over it hun and thank you for cleaning it up.

stupid stuff like that you do not need to waste your time getting angry over.... i mean seriously all that time you wasted complaing here and in my p.m. a quarter of that could have been spent cleaning it up and washing your paws..... :|

think before you post and PLEASE keep it clean hun. :(
Last edited by White Paw on Sun Jan 07, 2007 1:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
Fang
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fang »

I don't swear that much unless I'm really really really pissed :x
I get no respect at home and she expects mr to do everything for her when we should be splitting the work evenly
Fang
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fang »

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :x :x :x :x :x Lousy internet connection :PC:
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

{CENSORED}{CENSORED}{CENSORED}{CENSORED}{CENSORED}{CENSORED}{CENSORED}{CENSORED}{CENSORED}
{CENSORED}{CENSORED}{CENSORED}{CENSORED}{CENSORED}{CENSORED}{CENSORED}{CENSORED}{CENSORED}

:x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x

(long story soory guys) :(
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

Z wrote:it defiantely doesnt help that everythin is censored :x

it helps me from not getting banned :(
Fang
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fang »

we have kids here that's why we censor, even though kids use this language at school
Kirk Hammett
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kirk Hammett »

Z wrote:yea so wats the point in censoring. nowadays there is no such thing as profanity. and curse words r only turly offensive if used towards a perdon, in an insulting way.
:roll: Guess it's because some kids don't want their parents seeing it and banning them off the site. I think swearing is disrespectful when in front of elderly or kids. I don't do it much in public but you should see me at home.

:lol:

I do agree that the words have lost their meaning, but they haven't lost all meaning for some people which is why we have to respect the rules.

I can give an example of why swearing online is a bad idea. A friend's mum saw me swearing on MSN and she told Mel that I had a hideous mouth. I was too embarrassed to talk to her for months! :cry: I was fairly scared of her. I think she may have found one of my messages in mel's phone, and though she has me under Kirk in there, her mum knows who that is (That it's me). Luckily it's all good now, but phew back then it was a little scary going over her house!
<b> Pack Drunk</b>
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Disappointed

Post by Teh_DarkJokerWolf »

Terrible night..no sleep..no power for some of it..To much drama..Sister freaks out an leaves an so does here husband..I watch their babies all night..Hot house...To hot to sleep...Alot of stress all around..We got power, but who knows how long..Bad icestorm..I wanna be away from Missouri like now...I hate the heat..house so hot..so hot.. :P Screaming babies..please tell me it'll get better.. :cry:
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

I HATE MY JOB :x
Fang
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fang »

I HATE YOUR JOB, Freaking job keeps you from doing what you want
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

Fang wrote:I HATE YOUR JOB, Freaking job keeps you from doing what you want

I HATE YOUR PARENTS :lol: :P
Fang
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fang »

:o What a Coincedence, I HATE MY PARENTS :D
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

Alright...Now I need to vent.

WHAT the HELL is up with everyone having such terrible moral standards, and a complete lack of sympathy and empathy for their fellow mankind (and all other Terrestrial Life for that matter) lately?

Selfishness, Hatred and Apathy everywhere I look...

...no one cares...no one even WANTS to be a good, honest, loving person...

Is it really beyond everyones comprehension that caring, understanding, forgiveness, generosity, charity, moral guidance, and HOPE for a better Humanity is in EVERYONES best interest?

I was not born on another planet...I grew up in the same world as the rest of you, heard all of the same lessons and fables and moral guidelines that everyone else has heard, as well as seen the horrors of what normal people are capable of, and tasted the forbidden fruits of immoral pleasures and enjoyed it...

...but through all of that, I have never once came to the conclusion that it is better to just Not Care. The less I care about the world and people around me, the more those things wither and become worse and my life becomes more and more unpleasant. The more I care, and the more I bother to get myself involved to make things better...the better my world becomes and the happier I, and all those around me become.

The wisest and most celebrated people in the world have said these things to be true, and I listened to those words and have seen them to be true myself, and all I wish is for everyone else to see what I can see...what seems so clear to me...

I just can not understand why so many not only have difficulty seeing the wisdom in caring...but willingly choose to REJECT it...

Trying to hide from the pain and troubles around you is a foolish and futile effort. So long as you ignore it and do not act upon it, those troubles will grow and grow until there is no where left to hide. That is not a relief at all.

It is true that there is far more darkness in the world for one to light with their flame of their love, and caring and passion alone...but if you learn to care for and support the people around you, you will find the light of your wills combined can clear away much more of that darkness than each of you could as lonely candles in the shadows.

I see that many of your candles have grown dim...but allow yourself to hear my words, take my advice, learn to Care instead of Hate, and look at the world around you in the brighter light of yours and the previously ignored and/or disliked individuals surrounding you combined.

I think that you will find that the appreciation you will receive from those individuals for helping light up their lives will more than make up for the effort, and the extra light you receive from them just for becoming a part of their world will only further sweeten the deal.

( I simply can not comprehend Celebrating an attitude of Apathy and Selfishness. ...yet this is a thing I see far too often... )

I know this might sound a little strange and foreign to many as I am nearly a complete stranger to most of you, but I LOVE you guys (and gals).

I just want to help make everyones lives a little bit brighter...and that's impossible for me to do by "leaving them alone". My candle is bright and warm and welcoming...to anyone who chooses to stand in the light of HOPE with me.

Together we can make the world a better place, by bringing light into one dark shadow at a time.

Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
Fang
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fang »

For me, this is big.
Why must I live in a school district that hires retards?
Okay today, with wind chill -37, and yet we are still going to school, people start to freeze at -37
Why are they sending us to school? Last monday schools were colsed for a lot less, and I mean a lot, rain and positive temps, now you see why I think they're retarded close school because you might get soaking wet, versus freeze to death, and they keep the schools open!? all I can say is would you send your child out in -37 temps?
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

Fang wrote:For me, this is big.
Why must I live in a school district that hires retards?
Okay today, with wind chill -37, and yet we are still going to school, people start to freeze at -37
Why are they sending us to school? Last monday schools were colsed for a lot less, and I mean a lot, rain and positive temps, now you see why I think they're retarded close school because you might get soaking wet, versus freeze to death, and they keep the schools open!? all I can say is would you send your child out in -37 temps?

parents who dont care thats who... :P