Venting

The place for anything at all...
Midnight
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Midnight »

The rest of the world hates America
Sigh. Not this crap again.

(As before, I'm taking issue with the statement, not the person who posted it, so it's going here instead. Maybe this time it won't get deleted.)

You're trying to tell me that I, as one of the 6,000,000,000 or so people in "the rest of the world", hate all 300,000,000 of you. That my seventy something year old mother hates all 300,000,000 of you. That all the rest of my family (possibly excluding some 42nd cousins so distantly related you have to go back to the 18th century to find a link) hate all 300,000,000 of you. That at least half my on-line friends and practically all my off-line friends hate all 300,000,000 of you (including the other up to half of my on-line friends). That all the Aussies, British, Canadians, Irish, Dutch, Germans etc. etc. here hate all 300,000,000 of you. Well, sorry, but I call BS on that.

You may have noticed that the rest of the world doesn't have a high opinion of your political leaders. Newsflash: the rest of the world also tends not to have a particularly high opinion of our own political leaders either. (The local we-hate-the-gummint crowd's latest (particularly stupid) catch cry seems to be "The Prime Minister is a lesbian and so is her husband!"). We simply don't subscribe to the notion that our leaders can Do No Wrong. Neither do we believe that of yours. But we understand that the individual politicians choose to say and do the things that cause them to be criticised. They can't point at you and say "they made me do it! they made me shag the intern! they made me lie about the weapons!".

The bottom line is: most of the world sees America as a friend. Now ask yourself: what would you do if you saw one of your friends staggering around, blithering like an idiot and generally being a nuisance? Would you sit back and let them keep on making a fool of themselves or would you step in before they do something really unforgivable, put an arm around their shoulder and steer them back home so they can sleep it off and probably grumble about their hangover the following morning? I know what I'd do. More to the point, I know what I'd want one of my friends to do if the positions were reversed.
vrikasatma
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Sometimes, ya just gotta say ... BLEEEE!!
Additional Details: Digg: Gemfinder
Dragon Cave: http://dragcave.net/user/Xocowolf
Twitter: @Xocowolf
Mood: Busy

Post by vrikasatma »

Lenin said that the people of a nation and its government are two different social entities.
ImageImageImageImage
DarkShadow
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The coffee addicted were

Post by DarkShadow »

Ok, seriosuly, who is stupid enough to throw a live electric someting or other right into my face? I had to block it with my hand, but it got fryed. :x i mean...just...GOD! shes my FRIEND too! I'd hate to be her enemy...
I can proudly say that I am not a stamp of the person beside me

Icon made by Z :D
Kaebora
Custom Title: Werehare In Disguise
Mood: RAR!

Post by Kaebora »

Was it a toaster or a PDA? There's a difference. :o
Lurking softly, reading your posts, loving your ideas...
-Kaebora
DarkShadow
Legendary
Legendary

Post by DarkShadow »

it was a part from something, I dont really know..

DarkShadow
Legendary
Legendary

Post by DarkShadow »

ravaged_warrior wrote:How do I say this without sounding like a spoiled a** compared to everyone else in the thread?

I recently got a Zune for my birthday. I like it, it does what I want it to, the software on the device is visually appealing, and the audio quality is excellent. The video quality is merely okay. However, today I decided to bring it to school to listen to while waiting for my ride. Not wanting to mess up the screen, which had a very fragile look to it, I decided to put it in my backpack instead of my pocket. I put it in the weird sock-like holder thing it came with, thinking that it had to serve SOME purpose. I mean, come on, why package a product with something that has no real use to it and blocks the screen from being looked at? Well, it seems someone thought it would be a good idea, because upon trying to turn the machine one, I realized that the screen was broken. Well, ain't that a real kick in the balls? ...Also, I think it's somewhat ironic, but I'd have to ask for an opinion on that, since I usually mess it up.

It really pisses me off, since it was probably the best part of my birthday. I spent at least a third of my birthday searching for a Nintendo Wii that I couldn't find, and my dad forgot about my birthday so I ended up eating a TV dinner.

Eh... Still came out sounding spoiled...
that sucks... but not everybody here acts spoiled btw

White Paw

Post by White Paw »

To: White Paw
Posted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 4:38 pm
Subject: Re: I Love You
Actually, I am leaving you, you,ve become too demandg of certain things and It made me uncomfortable, this is goodbye, don't PM me again

:cry: why?...............why? :cry:
Lukas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: living
Mood: Indifferent

Post by Lukas »

well that was rather blunt
(for every afro avatar, a funky man loses his hair, please, think of undercover brother)
DarkShadow
Legendary
Legendary

Post by DarkShadow »

White Paw wrote:From: Fang
Actually, I am leaving you, you,ve become too demandg of certain things and It made me uncomfortable, this is goodbye, don't PM me again
awww..... :mourn:

lupine
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Lead us Not into Temptation.... I can find the way by myself
Mood: Meh...

Post by lupine »

YOWCH!! :(

Sorry fellas. I thought you were good together too. Chin up WP. hope you can stay on good terms.
Well be, thy one. And wisdom too. And grew, and joyed in my growth. From a word to a word, I was led to a word. From a deed...to another deed.

"I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

somethings not right..he wouldnt do that out of his own free will :(
Midnight
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Midnight »

Sounds like the two of you need to have a good talk... And more importantly, a good listen to each other. Somewhere that you aren't going to be interrupted or overheard by anyone.

Otherwise it's probably not the best idea to post your private messages in public... you might want to think about editing that message down a bit.

Hope everything works out the best for the two of you.
ravaged_warrior
Legendary
Legendary

Post by ravaged_warrior »

DarkShadow wrote:
ravaged_warrior wrote:How do I say this without sounding like a spoiled a** compared to everyone else in the thread?

I recently got a Zune for my birthday. I like it, it does what I want it to, the software on the device is visually appealing, and the audio quality is excellent. The video quality is merely okay. However, today I decided to bring it to school to listen to while waiting for my ride. Not wanting to mess up the screen, which had a very fragile look to it, I decided to put it in my backpack instead of my pocket. I put it in the weird sock-like holder thing it came with, thinking that it had to serve SOME purpose. I mean, come on, why package a product with something that has no real use to it and blocks the screen from being looked at? Well, it seems someone thought it would be a good idea, because upon trying to turn the machine one, I realized that the screen was broken. Well, ain't that a real kick in the balls? ...Also, I think it's somewhat ironic, but I'd have to ask for an opinion on that, since I usually mess it up.

It really pisses me off, since it was probably the best part of my birthday. I spent at least a third of my birthday searching for a Nintendo Wii that I couldn't find, and my dad forgot about my birthday so I ended up eating a TV dinner.

Eh... Still came out sounding spoiled...
that sucks... but not everybody here acts spoiled btw
You've misunderstood me. I meant that this particular problem of mine sounds small, insignificant, and spoiled compared to the more important problems discussed on the thread.

I'm sorry to hear that, White Paw.
"We used to laugh at Grandpa when he'd head off and go fishing. But we wouldn't be laughing that evening when he'd come back with some w**** he picked up in town."
-Jack Handey
DarkShadow
Legendary
Legendary

Post by DarkShadow »

[/quote]You've misunderstood me. I meant that this particular problem of mine sounds small, insignificant, and spoiled compared to the more important problems discussed on the thread.

I'm sorry to hear that, White Paw.[/quote]
ah, sorry bout that

Lycanthrope
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lycanthrope »

White Paw wrote:From: Fang
I'm sorry to hear that White Paw...
:(
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

To be honest, if it was me in your position. I would try to save up money and move to leave all the stuff behind me. Im really sorry for what has been happening to you, and half of what you mention was within you being a pack member. :(
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
DarkShadow
Legendary
Legendary

Post by DarkShadow »

:( I'm really sorry to hear that Z..

Kirk Hammett
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Guitar Dude from Metallica

Post by Kirk Hammett »

White Paw wrote:somethings not right..he wouldnt do that out of his own free will :(
It does seem a bit weird doesn't it? :?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for Z!

I am damned sorry to hear that. I wish your mother the best!! She might not have cancer, I hope to every power out there that she doesn't have a life threatening or time consuming disease. -hug-

There are some serious, serious holes in the system in America and Australia (Obviously in third world countries, but let's look at our countries) if people can lose everything, run out of money (unless they gambled it away obviously) and have pretty much no help.

One of my closest friend has struck two serious tragedies in a row...her pop is very ill, and her father may lose his sight, hence his income (huge recovery time, only 6 weeks sick leave). He can't see too well, and was a computer technician. 12 month recovery. No pay. No job. The mother has three kids to look after, and she only has a part time job. She has to try and work more. 6 weeks sick leave. What kind of crap is that? My other closest friend, Andy, his father's going to have an operation. Same thing; 6-12 month recovery, 6 weeks pay. Both might lose their jobs. Hawkeye's father most likely will. Her family is going to be struggling (Luckily I'm getting another job and can help out and stuff).

And why? Because -censored- Centerlink give you s*** all when you're very sick, and you're expected to support yourself! They want to know every single thing they own so they can determine whether to give them any financial aid.

So there you have it. Too many holes in this stupid system. Seems America is the same. I have another friend who has to support her 8 year old son on Centerlink money, the father won't pay child support because he's 30 something going on ten years old, his maturity level and level of caring is pretty low, and he's a mongrel.

For god's sakes, Z, the -censored- health system is even worse!! The government (here anyway) doesn't pay enough for hospitals, we are short of nurses and beds and everything! I would LOVE to see the hospital paying for your eye operation, and for Daryl's eye operation (Hawk's dad). And Andy's father of course. Because it's unlikely they can afford it if they are to be out of work with poor Centerlink 'benefits'. I understand why the hospitals need money, but the Government isn't supplying them with enough.

Phew anyway I'm not much into politics, so if any information is wrong, eh. I'm just angry and repeating myself 50 times because I had to hang onto Hawk yesterday while she cried her eyes out and there isn't enough I can do. I can do something, but not enough.

I just wish I could help you Z. If I lived next door to you, it might be a little easier! The best I can do is buy a print or something.
<b> Pack Drunk</b>
Image Image :beerwolf: :drunx:
"Animals were not made for humans, not anymore than black people were made for whites or women for men" -Alice Walker-
Kaebora
Custom Title: Werehare In Disguise
Mood: RAR!

Post by Kaebora »

Oh dang Z. I'm at a loss of words. :( Treatments these days have exponentially greater possibilities of being cured. I'll pray for your family.

If I wasn't so poor, and didn't have this job chaining me to Albuquerque, I'd come down there just to hug you. Good friends make all the difference in tough times. We're here for you.
Lurking softly, reading your posts, loving your ideas...
-Kaebora
vrikasatma
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Sometimes, ya just gotta say ... BLEEEE!!
Additional Details: Digg: Gemfinder
Dragon Cave: http://dragcave.net/user/Xocowolf
Twitter: @Xocowolf
Mood: Busy

Post by vrikasatma »

Well, the health care sitch is getting a little better here. Health care is one of the major campaign planks in the next Presidential race. Everyone on Capitol Hill suddenly went, "Wow! We ARE the only industrialized nation that *doesn't* have universal health care!" And meanwhile I'm standing here going, "Dah! I've been saying that for the past ten years." :roll:

California just mandated health coverage for everyone in the state, no ifs ands buts or supposes. I always thought of California as conceited, but in this case I'm hoping their unofficial motto of "As goes California, so goes the nation" holds true.

The problem I see is the health insurance industry trying to lobby it into oblivion. Those bastards commodified health care. Medicine and healing aren't trade goods, they're infrastructure. But the health insurance industry is really just a racket, if you have a past history of major illness, or even family history, or you're over a certain BMI (which is bull puckey by itself), they send you out the door with nothing but a "sorry, good luck" — which is the American lexicon for "you suck, go away."

I'm currently running the health insurance gauntlet, knowing full well they're gonna stiff me. I'm doing it for the denial letters, so I can get on the state insurance pool. That's actually a better deal anyway; the premiums are lower, it's prior-history restricted for six months and after that it covers all your ailments and doctoring.

Z: Tell your mother to contact LiveSTRONG, register and get the handbook, if she hasn't already. It's more like a binder the size of a phonebook, but it's free (you only pay something like $3 or $4 postage) and it's a lifesaver. Cancer treatment is pitched chaos in a teakettle and the handbook will help her keep track of everything.

Two things about cancer: unless it's pancreatic cancer, it *is* surviveable, and it's a life-changer. Give your mom a hug for me.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

oh no. :(

I'm so sorry to hear that, Z. :(
Lycanthrope
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lycanthrope »

I'm really sorry to hear that Z. I do hope it's not a cancer.
:(
NetherMoon
Pack Leader
Pack Leader

Post by NetherMoon »

:( Sorry to hear that, Z...I hope it's not a cancer, really.

I don't know how it works in the U.S. My mother was told she might have a cancer, too. We all went completely mad at the idea. But after the operation, it came out it was not a cancer. We found out that the doctor was not sure about the disease, and had told my mother the worst thing, to prevent any legal problem in case of diagnostic mistake.

Hugs
NetherMoon

Respect Those Beneath Ye - All Are of Gaia
Fullmoonstar
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: ...for science

Post by Fullmoonstar »

i am sorry too to hear that Z.... :( really sorry....
never stop dreaming. Otherwise your dreams will never come true.
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Disappointed

Post by Teh_DarkJokerWolf »

It's funny how you think you have real friends, an you find out their not really friends at all...You go outta your way to do something for them, an even throw it out there in peoples faces, because they don't think they get enough attention already, so you help em out..Not only do they give you half assed praise after you've done this for them, they don't act concerned when your having personal issues of your own..They don't even wish you well, but when someone else does this person a favor, though they paid for it, they get better praise than one who did it freely an to be nice..Being a bleeding heart doesn't pay, giving your all to make one feel better, is total BS..If that person was smart enough they would stop doing nice things for the one who doesn't care an do stuff for those who do care...SADLY that person isn't f***ing smart enough to stop cause it makes em feel better...Anyways.. :roll:

I'm here for you Z..Though I can't be there with you in person, I'll find a way there an do whatever I have to so I can :(