Therian/were gatherings or howls how do ya find em?

The place for anything at all...
Darth Canis
Legendary
Legendary

Therian/were gatherings or howls how do ya find em?

Post by Darth Canis »

I am not that involved in the therian/were community and i was wondering if anyone who was knows of a good site that list different gatherings or howls in different regions of the United States. I have never really met another therian personally (other than internet) sides myself. I guess I am just curious who else is out there and who is in my area. Any info would be awesome!
The little girl who always wanted to fly an x wing and be raised by wolves... Come to think of it she still does.
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Post by RedEye »

Try www.Werelist.com. It's a therian board run by some pretty solid types.
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The one and only were-jaguarundi!

Post by PariahPoet »

Yeah, I've wanted to go to a howl for a long time but there is nothing in friggin southeast Texas. :(
Kirk Hammett
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Guitar Dude from Metallica

Post by Kirk Hammett »

Im not in any community, and I only know two 'therianthropes' in my area, one is a red wolf (Canis rufus) and the other a lioness. They work quite far away from me though and are about twice my age, so while they don't go online and have never heard of therianthropy, they might be experienced 'shifters' and not want me around. But meeting them was odd, the wolf and I sensed each other. It was the strangest thing, because I had never met one offline and was skeptical of therianthropy (Despite my own experiences).

-Shrug- I have no idea how to find a howl, sadly, either. I want to meet more.
<b> Pack Drunk</b>
Image Image :beerwolf: :drunx:
"Animals were not made for humans, not anymore than black people were made for whites or women for men" -Alice Walker-
vrikasatma
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Sometimes, ya just gotta say ... BLEEEE!!
Additional Details: Digg: Gemfinder
Dragon Cave: http://dragcave.net/user/Xocowolf
Twitter: @Xocowolf
Mood: Busy

Post by vrikasatma »

I'm starting up a monthly howl chorus group in Eugene. I wanted to get revved up and practice for my howl workshop on the Playa this year. The weather's been kinda nasty for the past couple months so we haven't gotten anyone, but I'm hoping that'll change once the Eugenians get used to the weather and/or the weather improves.

It's fun to go out and howl. I'm going up to WolfHaven International this summer for one of theirs. Nothing like going back to the source hwlwnk
ImageImageImageImage
RedEye

Post by RedEye »

Like I said: Werelist. They have the largest size and they already have Howls: there's even a Forum slot for them.
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary

Post by PariahPoet »

I avoid TO and werelist for one reason.

Jakkal.
Last edited by PariahPoet on Sun Jan 28, 2007 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fang
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fang »

I don't know her and I don't want to :P
Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori :P
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary

Post by PariahPoet »

Nope, you don't. She's the self-proclaimed queen of all things therian and pretty much hates everybody. The only person I miss there is WordWolf.
RedEye

Post by RedEye »

IF you don't like Jakkal, don't write to her. There are a lot more folks at Werelist.
Gotta admit, tho; there's a lot less thread drift in Werelist.
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary

Post by PariahPoet »

Jakkal is not easily avoided. You make one wrong statment that is not to her liking and she is on you whether you addressed her or not.
Kirk Hammett
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kirk Hammett »

Jakkal -shudder- :lol:

Mentioning therianthropy, I had an ... unpleasant shift ... (What do you guys call it when one's body feels like it's changing? I forgot) while wasted out of my mind on nearly a whole bottle of vodka and Australian beers last night. Andy's used to it by now. He was acting odd himself anyway.
<b> Pack Drunk</b>
"Animals were not made for humans, not anymore than black people were made for whites or women for men" -Alice Walker-
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Disappointed

Post by Teh_DarkJokerWolf »

Pft...This Jakkal is child's play..I'd like to talk to her face to face for my own personal reasons.. :roll: Anyways yeah I'd surely love to go to a howl heh would be nice to meet other therians an hopefully some were's :wagtail:
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

PariahPoet wrote:I avoud TO and werelist for one reason.

Jakkal.

yes !! me too they are a bunch of assholes....unlike here... with the exception of one or two occasionally... but especially werelist. big asses :P never go back :P
RedEye

Post by RedEye »

Kirk Hammett wrote:Jakkal -shudder- :lol:

Mentioning therianthropy, I had an ... unpleasant shift ... (What do you guys call it when one's body feels like it's changing? I forgot) while wasted out of my mind on nearly a whole bottle of vodka and Australian beers last night. Andy's used to it by now. He was acting odd himself anyway.
When you feel like your body is changing it's either a Physical Shift, or a
Psychical Shift akin to "Phantom Limb/Body" phenomena. Pray, go easy on the Alky, we need you here!
Kirk Hammett
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kirk Hammett »

RedEye wrote:
Kirk Hammett wrote:Jakkal -shudder- :lol:

When you feel like your body is changing it's either a Physical Shift, or a
Psychical Shift akin to "Phantom Limb/Body" phenomena. Pray, go easy on the Alky, we need you here!
It wasn't a physical shift, that's for sure :P but it must have been the phantom limb/body sensation. I've had them before a few times. Usually when I'm drunk, although one happened when I was unable to sleep once. That put me off shifting for a while. It's never been a comfortable experience.

That's okay, Im off alcohol for a week! :sickpup: although I was offered a Jim Beam shot last night in frozen shot glass! I took it of course, but it made me feel sick. Need a break. And aww need me, for what? Haha I don't do much but that's nice of you to say.

:P
<b> Pack Drunk</b>
RedEye

Post by RedEye »

Since I don't know how much you regularly drink, let me make you a suggestion. Watch out for withdrawl! If it starts ( and you'll know it) have a drink!
You said you drank some Jim Beam? Good Stuff: better than the Japanese Whiskys... lck
Kirk Hammett
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kirk Hammett »

RedEye wrote:Since I don't know how much you regularly drink, let me make you a suggestion. Watch out for withdrawl! If it starts ( and you'll know it) have a drink!
You said you drank some Jim Beam? Good Stuff: better than the Japanese Whiskys... lck
I don't drink every night. Sometimes I will drink a few nights in a row. Some nights I will drink enough to relax myself. When I do have friends over and I do drink, I drink a lot, though.

As for Jim Beam, I've just never had it straight before. I've grown off shots since I sculled a quarter of a bottle of vodka...from the bottle, not actual shots, and it was straight vodka. I retched all night and all morning. I used to be able to drink the stuff straight but now it's a no way thing. I think I need to get back into the shots thing.

Usually what I've been doing lately is just putting three shots of vodka per drink to get drunk quicker. I need to find something else to drink too, but I sometimes go with beer, and when desperate for drunk, wine. Good wine.

What do you mean by withdrawals? I have cravings for alcohol at times, but not withdrawl symptoms so much. Do you mean the beginnings of a hangover? If so, that's when I start drinking water aplenty, eating food and having anything that will replenish ions. However, unfortunately sometimes I feel too sick to eat or drink and end up suffering for it the next day. I usually would rather avoid drinking over the top, I've gotten over that really, just would rather stay tipsy and not be sick for it. But I have 'accidents' (ie I keep drinking too fast).
<b> Pack Drunk</b>
JoshuaMadoc
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: HERO OF NIGHTMARES
Additional Details: I just don't care.
Mood: Indifferent

Post by JoshuaMadoc »

Saying Jakkal is a hardass is an understatement.

There are much worse people in this big clump of rock. Jakkal hardly qualifies as one of them.
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

Post by Morkulv »

There aren't many were-community's here in the Benelux I'm affraid.
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Fang
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fang »

So far nothing here in eastern canada, It's like I have to go all the way to Montreal to find anything :roll:
Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori :P
STARWOLF_THE_MYSTIC
Legendary
Legendary

Post by STARWOLF_THE_MYSTIC »

Kirk Hammett wrote:
RedEye wrote:Since I don't know how much you regularly drink, let me make you a suggestion. Watch out for withdrawl! If it starts ( and you'll know it) have a drink!
I don't drink every night. Sometimes I will drink a few nights in a row. Some nights I will drink enough to relax myself. When I do have friends over and I do drink, I drink a lot, though.

As for Jim Beam, I've just never had it straight before. I've grown off shots since I sculled a quarter of a bottle of vodka...from the bottle, not actual shots, and it was straight vodka. I retched all night and all morning. I used to be able to drink the stuff straight but now it's a no way thing. I think I need to get back into the shots thing.

Usually what I've been doing lately is just putting three shots of vodka per drink to get drunk quicker. I need to find something else to drink too, but I sometimes go with beer, and when desperate for drunk, wine. Good wine.

What do you mean by withdrawals? I have cravings for alcohol at times, but not withdrawl symptoms so much. Do you mean the beginnings of a hangover? If so, that's when I start drinking water aplenty, eating food and having anything that will replenish ions. However, unfortunately sometimes I feel too sick to eat or drink and end up suffering for it the next day. I usually would rather avoid drinking over the top, I've gotten over that really, just would rather stay tipsy and not be sick for it. But I have 'accidents' (ie I keep drinking too fast).
I always found hangovers kinda odd, especially in my family we don't get them. Does anyone else have that?
Sorry I forgot to mention, I don't know of any one's near me.
Sky
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Sky »

How bout someone MAKE a howl or gathering or what ever on this forum? It would be interesting to see happen....
I'm Crazy Deal With It!
STARWOLF_THE_MYSTIC
Legendary
Legendary

Post by STARWOLF_THE_MYSTIC »

I would love to if I had the money. :howl:  :oo :howl:  :oo hwlwnk
Kirk Hammett
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kirk Hammett »

I always found hangovers kinda odd, especially in my family we don't get them. Does anyone else have that?
Sorry I forgot to mention, I don't know of any one's near me.
I only get some symptoms of a hangover. And the more you drink, the older you get, the worse hangovers get. It depends on your drinking habits too. I used to drink and mix all night and get not even a queasy feeling the next day, but no longer.

--

I'd love to have a howling with people on this forum, pity most people are in America and I'm not. One day, hopefully. I'm not sure of my 'howling' skills (I mean literal howling, even if you mean it as a metaphor) anymore, I used to be able to howl realistically when I was a kid, and bark too, but unfortunately well I'm out of practice as I don't generally howl at anything anymore. (Although a couple of times when blind drunk...)

Also, what do you do at a howling? I've never really asked...or if I have, I forgot. What -is- a howling? You gather and group howl? Or talk and introduce selves and your theriosides? Induce shifts if you're a shifting type?
<b> Pack Drunk</b>