Pacific Northwest Howl 2007

The place for anything at all...
neomoon
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Iberian Wolf: Author & Musician
Additional Details: Author of Walking Wolf Road, Of Wolf and Man, the World of Darkness trilogy, Secrets of the Underground, and The Wild.
Mood: Busy

Pacific Northwest Howl 2007

Post by neomoon »

Plans have finally become solidified; this is moslty a copy/past job from the Werelist's listing (I don't wanna type all this out again!)

Pacific Northwest Howl 2007, is going to be hosted at Lake Wenatchee State Park in Washington State, on June 29th, 30th, and July 1st (Blue Moon). Lake Wenatchee State Park is a 489-acre camping park with 12,623 feet of waterfront on glacier-fed Lake Wenatchee and the Wenatchee River. * Camping * Park store * Pay phone * 1 Horse stable (rentalable for riding) * White gas * Fire wood * Boating (freshwater, non-motorized) * Fishing (freshwater) * Swimming (freshwater) * White-water Kayaking * Beachcombing * 200 Fire Circles * 1 Fire Circle (sheltered) * Golf * Mountain Climbing * Rock Climbing * 1 Volleyball Field
We need at least 20 people who are "FOR SURE" going to attend in order to recieve the group rate (the group campsite can hold up to 80, so no worries). You must bring your own camping equipment, rv's are not allowed in the group camp.
For more imformation, please visit: Washington State Parks

Howl Organizer(s)
Primary Organizer: Ashen, with minor assistance from Neo Moon (Brandon)
Brandon can be reached at djneomoon@hotmail.com, www.myspace.com/neomoon, and by personal message here.

Site Location
Lake Wenatchee State Park
ImageImage

Site Description
Map of Lake Wenatchee State Park

Activities planned
Steak cook-out, Moon Serenade, daily runs, possible horseback riding, storytime, marshmallow campfire.

Rules and Requirements
Minors are allowed, but only with a parent's permission. Alcohol (as far as I know) will be allowed but you must bring your own, and we will not tolerate minors drinking.
Otherwise; all the basic park rules: Please use the trash cans and dumpsters provided to help keep your park free from litter and debris. Recycling is encouraged in all state parks. Some parks have a pack-it-in, pack-it-out program, where people must carry out everything they bring into a park.
Wildlife, plants and all park buildings, signs and tables and other structures are protected; removal or damage of any kind is prohibited.
Feeding of wildlife is prohibited.
Campsites cannot be held for someone who might arrive later.
During the summer, campers may stay up to 10 days in any one park. This is extended to 20 days from Oct. 1 to March 31.
One camping party is allowed per site, with a maximum of eight people per site.
Pets must be on a leash and under physical control at all times. Pets are not permitted on designated swimming beaches.
Horses are allowed only in designated parks.
Alcoholic beverages are permitted only in designated campgrounds and picnic areas.
Glass bottles and metal cans are not allowed on swimming beaches.
All Washington State laws are enforced in state parks.
Please report disturbances to park rangers; they are trained to help you resolve issues and concerns.

What to Bring
Steak will be procurred for the steak-night; otherwise; bring your own food, camping gear, cooking gear, and activity ideas. There will be swimming in the lake, so bring a swimsuit and DO NOT FORGET SUNSCREEN! Insect repellant is also encouraged, but please choose carefully as they often contain chemicals that are obsorbed through the skin. If you play and instrument; go ahead a bring it, there is an amphitheatre there.

Please contact us as soon as possible if you are interested in attending so that we may plan accordingly.
~Brandon
Brandon M. Herbert
:read: Therianthrope Author of Urban Fantasy, Young Adult, and Horror novels http://www.BrandonMHerbert.com
Walking Wolf Road - YA Therian Urban Fantasy - Autumn 2014 - http://amzn.com/1468072757 - http://www.facebook.com/BrandonMHerbert
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The one and only were-jaguarundi!

Post by PariahPoet »

Dangit! I wanna gooooo! *cries*
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

Ohhh damn i wanna go... wish they did that stuff here. :( :howl:  :oo
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets
Mood: Indifferent

Post by MoonKit »

Way too far away..sorry. But it sounds fun. :)
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend
Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

Post by Silverclaw »

That sounds sooo cool! Wish I could make it. Already trying to get to A-Kon and Anthrocon, so I'd be out of money by then. Also its on the other side of the US from my home :(
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Disappointed

Post by Teh_DarkJokerWolf »

WOW!! I never been to a Howl in my life an this looks like such fun..I just know it's not even a possiblity, unless I won the freaking Jackpot haha that's not going to happen..Maybe one that's closer to here an I could have went.. :mourn:
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

is it possible that the pack get up something like that...maybe a U.S. howl event or even something regional, like everyone in the different areas get together with other pack members more local to them and do something like that. :)
neomoon
Legendary
Legendary
Additional Details: Author of Walking Wolf Road, Of Wolf and Man, the World of Darkness trilogy, Secrets of the Underground, and The Wild.

Post by neomoon »

Speaking from experience; people don't want to drive more that 30 miles with few exceptions (I'm desensitized, but I used to commute 200 miles to work a couple years ago :shrug:). There are few events that are promoted enough, and large enough; to draw people from all corners of the country (like Anthrocon). On my Wolfen Way forum, I'm intending to try and set up regional/state howls with increasing features and occurances. This NW Howl is going to be the first prototype, hopefully all will go well. I'm gunna use the experiences from this howl to help plan others long-distance across the nation.
Right now, the Werelist is the only other website with a true Howl forum. Perhaps *nudges mods* a 'Howl' catagory could prove benificial... :wink:
Brandon M. Herbert
:read: Therianthrope Author of Urban Fantasy, Young Adult, and Horror novels http://www.BrandonMHerbert.com
Walking Wolf Road - YA Therian Urban Fantasy - Autumn 2014 - http://amzn.com/1468072757 - http://www.facebook.com/BrandonMHerbert
Kaebora
Custom Title: Werehare In Disguise
Mood: RAR!

Post by Kaebora »

The Pack does have gatherings every year at A-Kon in Dallas. Heck, I fly 700 miles to be there. Reigonal things work fine I'm sure, but it is definately best to be held at major events like conventions. That much we can agree on. That way we even get some extra entertainment on the side.
:D

It's a shame that those of us that are not near Texas aren't able to make it most of the time. Perhaps regional events is a good idea, depending on the attendance. If I ever happen to get some extra cash together in the next few years, I might even try and host one in another area were ten or more Pack members can attend. That would be nice. Dangit, I need to win the lottery so I can afford it. Heh.
:wink:
Lurking softly, reading your posts, loving your ideas...
-Kaebora
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

Kaebora wrote:The Pack does have gatherings every year at A-Kon in Dallas. Heck, I fly 700 miles to be there. Reigonal things work fine I'm sure, but it is definately best to be held at major events like conventions. That much we can agree on. That way we even get some extra entertainment on the side.
:D

It's a shame that those of us that are not near Texas aren't able to make it most of the time. Perhaps regional events is a good idea, depending on the attendance. If I ever happen to get some extra cash together in the next few years, I might even try and host one in another area were ten or more Pack members can attend. That would be nice. Dangit, I need to win the lottery so I can afford it. Heh.
:wink:
yes that definately goning to be cool...but to bad there cant be one that strictly for pack members only.... and a camp out is a freaking awesome idea if it could be pulled off :D :howl:  :oo
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Disappointed

Post by Teh_DarkJokerWolf »

Hell! If I was going to a-kon I'd start a howl right outside the hotel!! I swear it!! :Jester3:
Kaebora
Custom Title: Werehare In Disguise

Post by Kaebora »

*sniff* Werehares can't howl. :(
Lurking softly, reading your posts, loving your ideas...
-Kaebora
neomoon
Legendary
Legendary

Post by neomoon »

That's ok; we lurves ya anyway! *licks the werehare, spiking his hair the wrong way* :D
*On a side note; I really hope my band makes it, I just can't get the image out of my head of a stadium full of screaming fans all howling at the moon... :headbanger:
Brandon M. Herbert
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets
Mood: Indifferent

Post by MoonKit »

Technically, a pack gathering shouldnt be called a Howl. Howls are therian/were gatherings and so few pack members actually are. So if we ever did set one up, please dont call it a howl. It gets confusing that way.
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend
NetherMoon
Pack Leader
Pack Leader

Post by NetherMoon »

:cry: I want to goooo
NetherMoon

Respect Those Beneath Ye - All Are of Gaia
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv

Post by Morkulv »

Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

MoonKit wrote:Technically, a pack gathering shouldnt be called a Howl. Howls are therian/were gatherings and so few pack members actually are. So if we ever did set one up, please dont call it a howl. It gets confusing that way.
Indeed. I also thought that when I first read the topic-title.
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
wolfbound
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: thats right. I am a booze hound

Post by wolfbound »

I'll leave myself an open here. if i can find some one to drive up with I'll be down for it. Live in UT and can pick some one up if needs be, I would love to go but need to know before hand if anyone else is going to go.
you never know just how you look through other peoples' eyes.
neomoon
Legendary
Legendary

Post by neomoon »

Howls to all!

First order of business; Monica (Ashen) has pulled out of Howl, and left the arraignments up to me. I found this out when I called her two days ago anxious for an update; she has made no confirmations, she has made no reservations; and I'm not entirely sure this will still be happening seeing as I now have to try and get everything done in less than two weeks that should have been done months ago (In addition to the horde of 'To-Do's I already had to contend with). If this is the case, I'm sorry in advance, but it's not my fault.

At any rate; I'm still going to try and pull this off...

Though; if things don't work out, or there is a lack of commitment from attendees; I will email you all and call off the 'official' Howl, though you may still enjoy a lovely vacation of your own down on the lake! ^. .^

Second of all; I need to reserve the campsite(s) at Lake Wenatchee ASAP, so if you will be attending; email me with your REAL name, your phone number (preferably cell), and a list of unique equipment you will be bringing (grill, cooking stuff, bug repellers; stuff like that beyond just normal tentandabag camping) I will need confirmation of your participation (or not) by THURSDAY JUNE 21st! (one week before the Howl starts)

I am very easy to get a hold of through any of these sources:

email: djneomoon@hotmail.com

myspace: http://www.myspace.com/neomoon

cell: 719-429-6566

My real name is Brandon, but I do answer readily to Neo, so just use whichever feels more comfortable for you.

REMEMBER!

Positive or Negative Confirmation by Thursday, June 21st

Arrive at Lake Wenatchee Friday, June 29th

Depart Lake Wenatchee Sunday, July 1st

If you need more information on the location and how to get there, please visit the Howl section of any of these sites:
www.z8.invisionfree.com/the_wolfen_way
www.werelist.com
www.thepack.network
http://groups.myspace.com/thewolfenway

P.S. - If you are unable to confirm by June 21st, you are still welcome to attend, but you will be responsible for your own arrangements and reservations. Reservation information can be found at the Lake Wenatchee State Park website.
Brandon M. Herbert
Werepaw
Dealing with the Change
Dealing with the Change

Post by Werepaw »

wish i can join a Howl.......and meet Weres.......but Germany is so far away......*sigh*
*may the moon always watch over his childs*
neomoon
Legendary
Legendary

Post by neomoon »

Due to lack of response and planning; this Howl has been cancelled.

I will try to get another one going at a later date, but this one is off. If you already had plans and simply weren't able to notify me; I wish you a good vacation and I'm sorry for any inconvenience.
~Brandon
Brandon M. Herbert
Zombie
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Ribbed For Her Pleasure

Post by Zombie »

Shoot, if there are enough people in the southeastern area of Pennsylvania, I could put something together for a regional get-together. If youre in the southeastern region of Pennsylvania (Deleware, Maryland and Jersey too) I could set us up a camp-out site in a state park. There are a few state parks around, so room would be no problem...

Lemme know whatcha think!
-Zombie
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

Hmmm... If I were to hold a sort of were-meeting like that, I wouldn't have put that many rules up.
Kzinistzerg
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kzinistzerg »

Well, Zombie, I'm in Philadelphia; if you could get something going that'd be great, somewhere around here.
Zombie
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Ribbed For Her Pleasure

Post by Zombie »

There are a bunch of places nearby, but in Philly, you would probably be looking at a 2-hour drive. (depending how deep in the city ou are) The places that would be open to me are in/around Lancaster county (about 30-45 minutes from Lancaster City). If you know how to get to the Buck, the parks are lilerally minutes away. Jeez, there`s French Creek, Muddy Run and a handful more. What would be needed would be more folks willing to come on out. If I can get at least 20, i could have the blace booked for the day, and I think you can stay overnight at one or two places, even with RVs. Ill have to check up on that though. At least one place closes at dusk. I gotta check with the Rangers up there and see what is permissable.

-Zombie