Stepped Back In =^.^= ~

The place for anything at all...
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Stepped Back In =^.^= ~

Post by Vuldari »

I can't really think of a really good way to say this, but here goes...

It has been a Fun 2 1/2 years.

As part of an attempt to restructure my life, I've concluded that my addiction to the internet has grown out of control, and that it is too dangerous for me to continue to be a regular patron of a Online Message Board (I am also severing/loosening ties with several other non-forum websites) if I want to learn to use the Computer more responsibly. Every time I log on to here, though I may not be doing anything wrong simply in being here, I am staying on for hours and hours on end, missing sleep, being late for work, and missing out on regular activity with my family and friends to a Significant degree. I'm Ill, and I'm loosing (LOST, actually) my friends, and am at risk of loosing my Home and My Job if I don't make a change NOW.

After I post this message, I have arranged to have my Account Deactivated so I can not Log-On again, and my IP address blocked to discourage me from returning right away and falling right back into my unhealthy habits again. Because of this, I will not be able to read or receive any messages or PM's from this website.

I don't plan to allow myself to return until I have my life in order again. Since I don't know how long that is going to take, I can't say for certain if I will ever return here again. By the time I feel I am healthy enough to trust myself responsible enough to be part of a Web-Community again, I may not care about "Werewolves" any more. It is a very unconventional subject, and not one I feel comfortable admitting to being involved in to others in public, which is another reason why I feel I must leave. The social conflict is a source of too much stress for me right now.

It wouldn't be necessary for me to Lock Myself out if there wasn't a part of me that really wants to stay. I will miss you guys terribly, but it is for my own good. It is just like I've said in topics about "SEX" and "Drugs". If it is being abused and is doing more harm than good...even if it is capable of being good under responsible use, the abusers need to be stopped for their own good, and for the good of those around them (like my family and friends who care about me), and in this case, the "Abuser" is ME. It's time to take my own advice.

Good Bye my Friends and Thank You all for just being who you are. Perhaps we will meet again some day, in a different place, in a different way.

~ Vuldari aka. Joseph

do_shido@yahoo.com
Last edited by Vuldari on Mon May 26, 2008 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
cumulusprotagonist
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Possessed by the Ghost of Cumulus

Post by cumulusprotagonist »

It appeared to me that you were posting around a certain schedule...
Maybe people have found ways around this forums user activity censors...
Are sure cold turkey is the right thing for you? Some people say this is the best way to quit an addiction but some people are not ALL people.

I find quiting cold turkey to be too overwhelming but maybe it will work for you.
Maybe I am wrong...

DO NOT CLICK ON THIS LINK!!!!!!

Photography by ___________
Photo Manipulation by Z
darkest wolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: "Begin the day with a friendly voice- a companion unobtrusive, plays that song that's so elusive and the magic music makes your morning mood..."- The Spirit of Radio- Rush
Additional Details: l------------l
l------------l
l------5--3--l
l-3----5--3--l
l-3----3--1--l
l-1----------l
Mood: Excited

Post by darkest wolf »

Well, in a sense, that's too bad, in another way I must say "Good for you, Vuldari.". I took about a year long hiatus from internet forums a while back for the same reason as you, I know what its like. Sometimes its not easy, but in the end I think I became a better person, which is exactly what I think will happen for you. In the end I think you'll turn out alright. :P

Take care, best wishes,

darkest wolf

-Photo and avatar by takyoji

"He who dares wins."- Winston Churchill
ravaged_warrior
Legendary
Legendary

Post by ravaged_warrior »

Ah... Goodbye, Vuldari.

Is he even going to see these? Should we send goodbyes to that e-mail link he posted?
"We used to laugh at Grandpa when he'd head off and go fishing. But we wouldn't be laughing that evening when he'd come back with some w**** he picked up in town."
-Jack Handey
Kaebora
Custom Title: Werehare In Disguise
Mood: RAR!

Post by Kaebora »

Let this not be goodbye, but instead... see you later. I know you'll still drop in and chat a bit with your friends here every once in awhile. Once a Pack member, always a Pack member. :D
Lurking softly, reading your posts, loving your ideas...
-Kaebora
KittyRose
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Spotted Feline Writer

Post by KittyRose »

Gonna miss ya Vuldari.
Sometimes we need a chance to restart on life, even if we have to make sacrifices. Hopefully you'll return one day once your life becomes organized and not so overwhelming. Best of Luck.
DeviantART
Meez

:wolfpaint: Avatar created by Z
TakeWalker
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The big one-one

Post by TakeWalker »

It's nice to see someone responsible and mature enough to take control of their lives. I never realized the internet could be that honestly addictive; you're doing the right thing by yourself, though. I hope this direction takes you where you need to be. We'll miss you, of course.
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv

Post by Morkulv »

Goodbye dude. Good luck with all you have to do.
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Fullmoonstar
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: ...for science

Post by Fullmoonstar »

I am going to miss you too....i hope that Kaebora is right....so Good Luck and maybe see ya later :D
never stop dreaming. Otherwise your dreams will never come true.
MattSullivan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MattSullivan »

Y know, Vuldari, if you go out of your way to quit the internet just because it's addicting, that's a bad strategy. It's just like people who drink too much. They give up alcohol altogether, because they don't realize IT'S OK TO HAVE A DRINK EVERY NOW AND THEN. You can use the internet, just realize the real world is much more fun that sitting in front of a computer all day/

If you role play, QUIT. it accomplishes nothing

If you play RPG video games, quit. They takeup WAY too much of your precious life..

If you spend hours browsing the net for things you dont need to be browsing for, STOP.
Lukas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: living
Mood: Indifferent

Post by Lukas »

MattSullivan wrote:Y know, Vuldari, if you go out of your way to quit the internet just because it's addicting, that's a bad strategy. It's just like people who drink too much. They give up alcohol altogether, because they don't realize IT'S OK TO HAVE A DRINK EVERY NOW AND THEN. You can use the internet, just realize the real world is much more fun that sitting in front of a computer all day/

If you role play, QUIT. it accomplishes nothing

If you play RPG video games, quit . They take up WAY too much of your precious life..

If you spend hours browsing the net for things you don't need to be browsing for, STOP.
not entirely true
my grandparents just decided to quit smoking in there late 20s, 30s and never went back to it
my dad decided to stop drinking right away and never went back to it

but either way good luck with your problems Joseph and hopefully you can put your life in order sooon
(for every afro avatar, a funky man loses his hair, please, think of undercover brother)
Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

Post by Silverclaw »

:( Sorry to see you go :(
Hope you sort everything out and will be able to post again one day soon. I personaly think its easier to ease out of a habit rather than just quit cold turkey, but hey, if thats what you want to do... :) Come visit us soon! :howl:  :oo :howl:  :oo :howl:  :oo
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

No, I dont believe this. Hes gone. Aww man. :(
Im truly heart broken from all these members leaving. :(
Vuldari, Im sorry you couldnt be responsible enough. I will miss you tremendously.

This a huge blow for my morale of this place.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Baphnedia

Post by Baphnedia »

Vuldari, you'll be missed until your back. That's how some cookies crumble though - it's not a morale issue, but since we still have to accomplish those tasks that ensure that we are fed, watered and have shelter every day, it can interfere with an online social life. I've cut back a lot myself, and am happy for it (accomplished by not having internet in my barracks room - I have to travel to get to an access point).
Everyday should be Towel Day.
Sekrit Identity: What?
Paradice Games: .com, Forums & Facebook
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

*shrugs* Giving up the internet is kind of like giving up video games or TV (which I've all had to do before). The first week or two without it absolutely suck, but eventually you reach a point where you can't even remember what it was you loved about it so much.

He'll be fine. We'll probably see him back sooner than he thinks we will.
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv

Post by Morkulv »

Shadow Wulf wrote:No, I dont believe this. Hes gone. Aww man. :(
Im truly heart broken from all these members leaving. :(
Vuldari, Im sorry you couldnt be responsible enough. I will miss you tremendously.

This a huge blow for my morale of this place.
I don't want to depress you even more, but to everything comes an end. I know for sure I'm not staying here forever like probably a lot of other members here, and its something you just got to accept.
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh

Post by RedEye »

Everybody's different.
Everybody's the same.
We all grow...sometimes inward-sometimes outwards. Vuldari had his time here; grew, and now is going to explore that growth.
He may not realize it, but he will still be a part of this board, as a reference, as a series of files, and as a Quotable person.
If he felt that he was over-doing it, he's done the right thing. This medium, the Internet, is very addicting. He felt he was addicted, and severed the connection to that addiction.
He may be right, he may be wrong; but he took responsibility for his actions...rare in these days. He may return, in a while; he may not.
Yet, he'll always be here, in the files.
Ave atque Vale, Vuldari! Keep growing!
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Post by Aki »

I don't really know why I bother to post. From the sound of it he won't even be able to read it, but, whatever. Thought that counts right?

Vuldari, I'll miss you man. You were one of the vets, and well, honest and pretty thoughtful, so good luck and maybe you'll come back someday, maybe you won't ever come back, but you'll always be part of The Pack in some form or another.

(Sounds almost like a eulogy. Damn.)
Miguel
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Keep it Copacetic!
Mood: Happy

Post by Miguel »

Hope you come back, Vuldari! :howl:  :oo
WerewolfKeeper3
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Darkness Surrounds me, Chaos commands me, and i see what others cannot
Mood: Relief

Post by WerewolfKeeper3 »

Sorry to see you go, but if its that bad for you, I'm glad you stopped. See ya if we see ya.
(He'll be back, and even if he's not, someone track him down to give him all these responses, would ya? This is depressing. :( )
Dude, he'll be back if he's meant to be back. Besides, maybe he needs a rest from everything the internet can offer, and maybe regain what it took from him. Good luck, from the newby's.
(Hope to see you soon. If not, hope you here this... :howl:  :oo )
No what you have are bullets in the hope that when your guns are empty I'm no longer standing. Because if I am, you'll all be before you've reloaded.
V, from V for Vendetta.

What a strange creature is man, that he cages himself so willingly?
-Athena from Appleseed (2004)
lupine
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Lead us Not into Temptation.... I can find the way by myself

Post by lupine »

Well, kinda pointless posting, but just incase....Good Luck, Take Care and may you find all that you wish for in life.
Well be, thy one. And wisdom too. And grew, and joyed in my growth. From a word to a word, I was led to a word. From a deed...to another deed.

"I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

*Sniffs Around*

Post by Vuldari »

*A Quiet, Skinny, Poor, Bearded, Long Haired and Unshaven Man walks silently in the shadows ... examining the scenery and hearing faint, distant voices of people having familiar conversations.

Feelings of Nostalgia, both good and bad, trickle into his mind and spirit as he stands unnoticed in the corner of an open, grand and once busy public place which looks worn and used ... past it's prime, but still alive in a lesser degree. He knew this place.

It is familiar like somewhere he had only just been a recent day, and yet also strange and distant like a half forgotten pleasant dream ... or an uncomfortable nightmare ... he could not tell which. It felt, it seemed, a little of both.

He clutches a small stone token hidden and concealed in his shirt pocket over his heart ... depicting an orb with rays beaming down from it to one side, representing the silver light of a full moon. That symbol connected him to this place and had meaning to him once ... perhaps it still did.

He knew that if he stepped into the light and let himself be seen, he would be greeted with open arms by old friends and new alike ... though maybe not as warmly by all. Even so, the cold, dark blue walls felt forbidding to him ... they stirred up many confusing and conflicting feelings within him about who he was and what he believed in. These feelings made him feel sick inside ... and unsure if he really wanted to face those feelings again.

He draws the emblem out of his pocket by a string and holds it before him, twirling in the dim light at the end of a thread. Squinting to see the small stone talisman more clearly in the faded light, he contemplates simply letting it fall and leaving it behind ... severing his final tie to this place for good and moving on. The string begins to slide through his fingers as he loosens his grip, but just as it reaches the end he grabs it tight, and it swings like a pendulum from his hand.

He slowly wraps the string around the small stone with his fingers and drops it back into his pocket, patting it gently.

As silently as he had arrived, the lanky, scruffy faced, hairy man turns and walks away ... stopping only for a moment to look up at the silver disk of the Eternal Full Moon which hangs over that place, with it's faint light shining off his tired eyes, before disappearing once again into the mists.*

[[PS: I'm still #9 of the Top-Ten posters on the site after being gone for nearly a year?? ...I guess things really HAVE been slow since I was last here... =O.o= ~ BTW: I'm not "BACK" ... I just felt like checking in. I'm still on indefinite Hiatus from "The Pack"]]

Take care, all you crazy peoples. Image
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
Black Claw
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Hidden Archer
Mood: Excited

Post by Black Claw »

Hope you come back soon :duckbomb: :duckbomb2: had to do that for you to have a good :lol: . May the blessings of the Pack follow you all the days of your life, even if you return. :howl:  :oo
I am the guardian of the light and darkness,
I am the one who whispers in the dark,
I am the eyes of your soul,
I am the shield,
I am the sword.
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Gasp! *pounces on Vuldari* I never thought I would see the day you would post something on here! I honestly thought you would have left all ties that bind you to this place. Great to see you visit. :D
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Lukas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: living
Mood: Indifferent

Post by Lukas »

glad to see your still alive, i assume that since you took the chance to check out the old place that your life is slightly more organized and controlled
(for every afro avatar, a funky man loses his hair, please, think of undercover brother)