Progress!

Post by Terastas »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULyka2Bfp04

Why yes, I am a filthy bleeding-heart liberal. How did you know? :grinp:
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

There was also a video full of a George Bushs mistakes in hes speech.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

....you wouldn't vote for hilary clinton would you? or that wishy washy obama?

(not that any of the republicans are any good)

I think i'am just gonna vote libertarian
"Nam Sibyllam quidem Cumis ego ipse oculis meis vidi in ampulla pendere et cul illi pueri dicerent 'Sibylla Ti cupisne' respondebat illa 'Cupio mortere'."

-Satyricon
ravaged_warrior
Legendary
Legendary

Post by ravaged_warrior »

Jeez, what's with all the George Bush bashing? It's not like he invaded a country under false pretenses, changed the reasoning several times to the point where there is no reason anymore, refuses to bring the troops home, insisting on sending more instead, and is a total dick in general.

...Oh, wait...

Anyway, I see nothing wrong with Obama. Explain thyself, Fenrir!
"We used to laugh at Grandpa when he'd head off and go fishing. But we wouldn't be laughing that evening when he'd come back with some w**** he picked up in town."
-Jack Handey
Timber-WoIf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Timber-WoIf »

i'm still mad he screwed that quote up.

concerning Iraq, though i wouldn't have said this on a couple years ago, but we tottally shoulda bombed teh f*** outta teh regoin, killed saddam, seized teh oil for ourselves, and let all the locals do what they want with the rubble.

and no that is not sarcasm.
Deviantart? Why'd I do this?
I am relentlessly agressive

Image<--- THEY PWN U
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

Fenrir wrote:....you wouldn't vote for hilary clinton would you? or that wishy washy obama?

The Republicans lost all credibility as far as I'm concerned -- if they hadn't sold their policies to the corporations before, Bush/Cheney have done it now. And don't talk to me about flip-flops -- it's not a weakness to say you might've been wrong. Heck, if Bush had that capacity, the war would be over by now.

I don't find this funny like the previous clip, but since this is turning into a political bashing thread anyway, watch this and tell me if this sounds familiar at all:
Cheney on C-SPAN in 1994
*nagowteena*
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: TV!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mood: RAR!

Post by *nagowteena* »

I Hate George Bush...... that's all I've got to say. :|
Image Image
Yeah, that hits the spot..DeviantArt ~ Youtube Avatar by Z
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Somehow, I hope the republicans dont steal the election like they did in 2000.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

Terastas wrote:
Fenrir wrote:....you wouldn't vote for hilary clinton would you? or that wishy washy obama?

The Republicans lost all credibility as far as I'm concerned -- if they hadn't sold their policies to the corporations before, Bush/Cheney have done it now. And don't talk to me about flip-flops -- it's not a weakness to say you might've been wrong. Heck, if Bush had that capacity, the war would be over by now.

I don't find this funny like the previous clip, but since this is turning into a political bashing thread anyway, watch this and tell me if this sounds familiar at all:
Cheney on C-SPAN in 1994
I'am not pro-bush....god I lost all faith in him when he didn't do what he promised in......everything.....

but the democrats aren't much better than the republicans....the keep flipping on everything so do the republicand BECAUSE NOBODY WANTS TO STAND UP FOR ANYTHING ANYMORE!
"Nam Sibyllam quidem Cumis ego ipse oculis meis vidi in ampulla pendere et cul illi pueri dicerent 'Sibylla Ti cupisne' respondebat illa 'Cupio mortere'."

-Satyricon
Baphnedia

Post by Baphnedia »

Fenrir, quite right. Or left. Or both. (lets see if we can trick them into agreeing on waffling - I bet that's what made Waffle House so successful)
Everyday should be Towel Day.
Sekrit Identity: What?
Paradice Games: .com, Forums & Facebook
Lukas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: living
Mood: Indifferent

Post by Lukas »

every once in awhile America gets a bad presidential election, it happens!
(for every afro avatar, a funky man loses his hair, please, think of undercover brother)
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Terastas »

Don't want to sound preachy or anything, but you can acknowledge gray areas without flip-flopping. That's Bush's problem: He wants everyone to see the world entirely in terms of either black or white, with us or against us.
Dreamer
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Dreamer »

Fenrir wrote:
Terastas wrote:

Cheney on C-SPAN in 1994
I'am not pro-bush....god I lost all faith in him when he didn't do what he promised in......everything.....

but the democrats aren't much better than the republicans....the keep flipping on everything so do the republicand BECAUSE NOBODY WANTS TO STAND UP FOR ANYTHING ANYMORE!
True, that and they've devolved into a Leiberman-esque parody of their former selves, basically pecoming conservative to try and win elections when the real reason they loose is that they don't have thier own media machine or near as good a grasp on PR as the Republicans do (Read "What's the Matter with Kansas" to see what I mean). But I like Obama. He seems to bring a chance for real reform to the table. A real New-Deal type of Liberal.

And also, didn't they rip off the concept for this video from the Daily Show? BEcause I remember seeing something awfully similar on there.
XIV
ravaged_warrior
Legendary
Legendary

Post by ravaged_warrior »

The clips have a Comedy Central watermark, so it was probably on the Daily Show. I think the video just added a new one, showing that despite being called out on it, Bush is bullshitting the American public again with the same thing.
"We used to laugh at Grandpa when he'd head off and go fishing. But we wouldn't be laughing that evening when he'd come back with some w**** he picked up in town."
-Jack Handey
MattSullivan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MattSullivan »

I'm voting for Giuliani for two reasons.

1. He's not a Democrat.

2. He's a Republican, but he's not a PSYCHOTIC republican, and it's been proven he knows how to be an effective leader.
Dreamer
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Dreamer »

MattSullivan wrote:I'm voting for Giuliani for two reasons.

1. He's not a Democrat.

2. He's a Republican, but he's not a PSYCHOTIC republican, and it's been proven he knows how to be an effective leader.
Yeah, his campain strategy pretty much revolving around "I was there on 9/11!!!!!" and "I'm going to double Guantanamo and use torture techniques that would make Jack Bauer wince!" not to mention "Did I mention that I was there on 9/11?!!!!!" makes him seem like a real good leader :roll:
XIV
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Terastas »

MattSullivan wrote:I'm voting for Giuliani for two reasons.

1. He's not a Democrat.

Umm. . . Now, I haven't been following the Republican debates as much as I should, but besides McCain and maybe Fred Thompson, who else comes across as being more psychotic? Mitt Romney is more evil (and trust me, I know, I'm from the state that he raped financially and is now demonizing for his election campaign), but he's not psychotic, more like the sleazy salesman type.
Lukas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: living
Mood: Indifferent

Post by Lukas »

Giuliani or Obama, those are my choices
(for every afro avatar, a funky man loses his hair, please, think of undercover brother)