The Souls Asthetic Taste (Some Religion)

The place for anything at all...
cumulusprotagonist
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Possessed by the Ghost of Cumulus

The Souls Asthetic Taste (Some Religion)

Post by cumulusprotagonist »

Been reading about how people feel that their souls is that of another animal.

I do not think the soul is a species.

It would be more likely that the connection with one species of animal may be the souls asthetic taste.

Also if reincarnation was a real thing this would explain a strong spiritual connection concerning the asthetic taste and the past life as the animal the soul liked being the most.

Personally I believe that the real spiritual answers can not all come from a single religion. I beleive in Jesus but not everything in the bible. I believe that god would allow people to lie and deface the bible because he gave us free will and wants us to learn on our own and become stronger. So, I don't think he would come down everytime someone "accidentally" mistranslated or "misplaced" the original text.

Which is why I believe some form of reincarnation could be possible. Maybe a choice people could make after they get into heaven (which would not be in the bible in the first place).
Maybe I am wrong...

DO NOT CLICK ON THIS LINK!!!!!!

Photography by ___________
Photo Manipulation by Z
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

The old-as-dirt demon's 2 cents...

Post by Set »

That people can choose whether or not they want to be reincarated is a blatant lie. I never wanted to be back on this miserable little mudball. It's a nice idea, but I know from experience that the universe is a damn lot more random than people think it is.

I must say I've never heard of therianthropy being an issue of the soul's "taste" before. Interesting way to look at it. I find that thought funny when applied to that one earwig therian I saw running around some years back. Not saying I agree with it, I don't, but it's interesting just the same.
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

All these dang Minbari souls showing up

Post by Scott Gardener »

Cumulus: good and intelligent suggestions. I've felt for some time that there are a great many different sorts of things that assume human incarnations; some of us have been something else. Some of us have spent most of our superexistence incarnating as beings on Earth, whereas others of us know Earth or perhaps even this entire universe as a diversion from what is normal for us.

(I'll create the term superexistence--existence in reference to an exterior state from a realm that would appear relatively superior from one's vantage point. For example, if you're playing a role-playing game like Dungeons and Dragons, your characters could consider you their soul and our mundane realm their superexistence. You'll have to forgive my reliance on concocting my own words and heavy dependence on metaphors, but it's the best way I've found to relate to something both very abstract and highly spectulative. I should also note that the "super-" prefix should not imply that one realm is actually inherently superior to another; I'm a firm believer in another hypothesis that no one realm anywhere is more real than any other. This premise flies head-long in the face of a lot of other philosophical models, but until disproven, I stand by it.)

Therianthropy could be in part a subtle form of past-life awareness. One could be remembering another time in which one felt much more content with one's state of being, having been something else.

But, getting back to humans, I believe that some people have souls that have been human on many occasion. There's a lot of newcomers, though, entities that thought being human might be fun and cute, who had no idea just how much work it is to be human until they get here. Then, they're shocked and disappointed to learn that no, Earth isn't a party planet. Being human takes a lot of work; you have to re-shift focus from the basic survival needs of hunting food and enduring seasons to understanding concepts of long-term events such as planning education or building a career. Basic instinctual phenomena are still around, but they're heavily disguised by more convoluted layerings--mating rituals have turned into social scenes or premarital counciling; pack heirarchies are so convoluted that you can be a member of hundreds of packs at once, many in conflict with each other--family, workplace, social venues, and now even more abstract ones like this forum. Being human gives one a hint at what a more evolved existence must be like, because we're members of a species that knows just enough to be dangerous. Humans think that they are superior to other animals and boast great cognitive prowess. (Thankfully, most of you don't buy into this notion. But, it's annoyingly prevalent.) But, humans still have very animalistic core motivations (just try to spend a single day without even one reference somewhere about having sex) and animal problems (I'll start considering humans as a candidate for using the word "superior" when dying isn't quite so inevitable. As long as the phallus is treated like a vital organ and being dead something so inevitable as to be taken for granted as absolutely unavoidable, you're still an animal.

Ironically, most people who boast human superiority are very intimidated by ideas that would lay groundwork for actual advancement; they consider ideas like genetic engineering, transhuman consciousness, nanomolecular cybernetics, or even something as simple as admitting one's own biological evolutionary heritage as somehow a crime against the will of God. As if God actually said not to do any of this. (Show me anywhere in the Bible in which God tells Moses not to develop synthetic neural pathway emulation in order to transplant consciousness from a dementia-afflicted brain into a stable cybernetic counterpart. I missed that part.)

But, I digress. The premise of this thread is that reincarnation (which we're assuming actually exists--this is where I fall back on that "faith" thing that so many other humans insist must be so great, in spite of religion's overall track record--yes, I'm going on faith that I'm reincarnated from previous lives, even though I don't very well remember much of any of it) has brought many different sorts of entities into the state of being human.

In answer to Set, the assumption is that the soul decides to assume a human form, but that the human form has no specific recollection of it. Going back to the role-playing gaming metaphor, your sixth level half-elven wizard has no memory of sitting at a gaming table, rolling some dice, and recording stats on a character sheet. To him, the world is about learning magic runes and enchantment patterns. If he found the ultimate library of universal consciousness, the latest edition D&D Core Rulebooks, they'd hardly make sense, other than having a whole book dedicated to monsters. His friend, the Cleric, having long assumed a life of devotion to deity in favor of materialism, would be so shocked at the overwhelming significance of treasure that he'd quit the priesthood order and either commit suicide or join the local thieve's guild. This is one example of how superexistence may have values and meanings that fly in the face of purpose and significance as we know it. For all we know, the fact that alcohol makes you drunk could be an inside joke about a beverage our souls tried but didn't like.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
cumulusprotagonist
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Possessed by the Ghost of Cumulus

Shorter Version

Post by cumulusprotagonist »

Been reading about how people feel that their soul is that of another animal.

I do not think the soul is a species.

A connection with one species of animal may be created based upon the soul's asthetic taste.

Also if reincarnation was a real thing this would explain a strong spiritual connection concerning asthetic taste and the animal the soul liked being the most.
Maybe I am wrong...

DO NOT CLICK ON THIS LINK!!!!!!

Photography by ___________
Photo Manipulation by Z
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Disappointed

Post by Teh_DarkJokerWolf »

This seems alot like wat it says in my thread if you follow that link in the thread http://www.thepack.network/thepackboard ... php?t=6598

In that link it talks about people with people who feel that their soul is that of an animal. Basically therians, the same your mentioning here
IndianaJones
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Anime/Furry/Disney Fanatic
Additional Details: I like transformations and humans being turned into animals, furries, and monsters.
Mood: Relief

Post by IndianaJones »

As I have said before, there is no such thing as death or just one life.
Disney/Disneyland fans and theme parks!
http://micechat.com/

http://steamcommunity.com/id/ZanderFox/
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Post by Set »

IndianaJones wrote:As I have said before, there is no such thing as death
O RLY? I'd like to hear the thought process behind that statement.
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Post by RedEye »

Simple Physics comes to the "rescue" here...maybe.

Neither matter nor energy can be created or destroyed. The Universal Sum remains constant.
IF the Soul is energy: it has the same lifespan as the Universe. IF the Soul is Other (Quantum Mechanics) it is ubiquitous (everywhere and eternal).

I suspect that new souls do come into being, and the cohseive structure of thougt holds it together. The Soul will then end when the Universe does. No "after-party".
If the Soul is eternal, how is it that we can be so different, from life to life? Perhaps the Soul has a Spirit manifestation, like a set of clothing.
When you die, and move along your learning path; you discard one set of clothes and get another...you switch wardrobes, so to speak; each life.
Yet you will always remember that special suit you had, two or five lives ago, because it made a profound impression on you.
Just because it doesn't exist here-and-now: doesn't mean it never existed or never will exist. There is absolutely NO reason for us to proceed through "time" in a linear nature-outside of our bodies; and we probably don't. Time-as we know it-is an artificial method of measurement of somethinig else.
What does all this lead us to? When we're gods ourselves, we'll know.

That's my opinion.
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

Post by Morkulv »

First of all, souls really are species. But a misconseption in the whole 'therian'-world is that 'therian'-people JUST have one inhuman soul, wich is not possible. Like I explained in my other post, I believe that true otherkin are humans with a second (inhuman) soul. And without sounding like a jerk, true otherkin are much more rare then anyone thinks. I would say that at least 75% of the whole 'therian'-community are not multi-soul, so to say.

The reason I claim such a thing is because besides just otherkin, I work a lot with energy. And when you reach a higher stage of energyworking, you can also use your energy to scan for otherkin. I know that people are not gonna believe this, but I don't give a s***. I'm experienced at what I do, and although the internet swarms with so called otherkin and therians I only met 2 people so far who actually are otherkin in terms of souls and genetics.
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

Post by Morkulv »

RedEye wrote:Simple Physics comes to the "rescue" here...maybe.

Neither matter nor energy can be created or destroyed. The Universal Sum remains constant.
IF the Soul is energy: it has the same lifespan as the Universe. IF the Soul is Other (Quantum Mechanics) it is ubiquitous (everywhere and eternal).
Energy can be created. Energy also has no limmits except for the person using that energy.
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
IndianaJones
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Anime/Furry/Disney Fanatic
Additional Details: I like transformations and humans being turned into animals, furries, and monsters.
Mood: Relief

Post by IndianaJones »

I believe in all of your opinions and thoughts. It can be true.

In my town, it's really hard to find open-minded people with interesting beliefs.
Disney/Disneyland fans and theme parks!
http://micechat.com/

http://steamcommunity.com/id/ZanderFox/
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Post by RedEye »

Morkulv wrote:
RedEye wrote:Simple Physics comes to the "rescue" here...maybe.

Energy can be created. Energy also has no limmits except for the person using that energy.
Energy can be made out of matter, and Matter can be condensed from energy...they are both expresions of the same thing (two sides of a coin)
The Universal Sum (All Matter + All Energy = Universal Sum) is essentially the entire Universe itself. Energy can be imported from collateral Universes (Parallel Universes-sort of, but not) but will return to the Universe of its origin unless there is an equal exchange. (Ringer's Paradigm- Quantum Mechanics)

Feel good! At last science admits there are universes other than this one!
Ringer's paradigm also answers how a Werewolf could gain the extra mass during the shift, and lose it on reversion to Smoothskin.

I just KNEW those physics classes I took would be good for something!
:lol:
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...