Well, the time has come...

The place for anything at all...
Dreamer
Legendary
Legendary

Well, the time has come...

Post by Dreamer »

TO RECRUIT!

Yes, since our most valued mebers are leaking like a faucet, we'll have to make like homosexuals and recruit (Note to all gays on the forum: I'm joking about the gay-recruitment thing). We'll have to go to other forums and tell them about us i mnthe hopes that they'll join. Only problem, someone needs to write a description of what this forum is about. I tried, but I tend to ramble too much, and I didn't attract many people. so, it's up to you people whom are more tallented than me to write a descritpin of what this forum is all about!
XIV
Kzinistzerg
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kzinistzerg »

I think we can spread by word-of-mouth. Everyone just make it a point of recruit someone you actually know.
Ceekur
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Ceekur »

I don't think just running to random forums spamming the URL would be the best way to get positive attention. Telling those you know, who may also be interested in the site, would probably be the best way. Be it telling someone you know in real life or just mentioning it to an online buddy via IM (the latter I'm guilty of. Those I've mentioned it to have liked what they saw. Shame almost all of them just lurk), giving it a shot can't hurt.
' They have come to take my life...
Let us settle this 300 year-old war once and for all...
Who shall live...? Who shall die...? ' ~ Moonlight Symphony - Vampire Night

Dreamer
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Dreamer »

Ceekur wrote:I don't think just running to random forums spamming the URL would be the best way to get positive attention. Telling those you know, who may also be interested in the site, would probably be the best way. Be it telling someone you know in real life or just mentioning it to an online buddy via IM (the latter I'm guilty of. Those I've mentioned it to have liked what they saw. Shame almost all of them just lurk), giving it a shot can't hurt.
I wasn't thinking of spamming the URLs on other forums, just mentioning the site to ones we know of. Now, there's just the matter of writing that description.
XIV
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

Post by Morkulv »

Last edited by Morkulv on Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
IndianaJones
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Anime/Furry/Disney Fanatic
Additional Details: I like transformations and humans being turned into animals, furries, and monsters.
Mood: Relief

Post by IndianaJones »

Maybe because werewolves aren't that popular in the media. Though, only used in horror movies and Halloween.

Still, the portrayal of them gets old and tiresome. Malevolent, cursed werewolves. I hope Freeborn will bring the werewolves back on their paws. Even Disneyland fans weren't interested in this forum, when I posted a link to this website. Werewolves are almost always in the horror genre and fantasy too.
Disney/Disneyland fans and theme parks!
http://micechat.com/

http://steamcommunity.com/id/ZanderFox/
Dreamer
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Dreamer »

Morkulv wrote:Call me arrogant, call me a jerk, or whatever you want but I made enough suggestions, offers etc. in the past towards this forum to know what I'm talking about. Everyday I take a look here, its still too personal, too much focussed on America, and too many spam. It tires me and is depressing my posting-motivation a lot these days.
By what do you mean "Too focused on America"?
XIV
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

Exactly as I said. Everything here is about America but never anything about what happens outside America. And when there is something about Europe, or anything else, its most of the time mocking. The whole world just consists out of America for most people here, and the sad part is that actually a terrible lot of people think that way.
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Dreamer
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Dreamer »

Morkulv wrote:Exactly as I said. Everything here is about America but never anything about what happens outside America. And when there is something about Europe, or anything else, its most of the time mocking. The whole world just consists out of America for most people here, and the sad part is that actually a terrible lot of people think that way.
Okay then, what would you like to talk about on the subject of the rest of the world. I can't come up with anything because I'm an ignorant American.
XIV
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Post by RedEye »

Possibly the reason for the AMerican slant on things is because a mojority of Packsters are American?

Where are you folks from? Morkulv seems curious.
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
cumulusprotagonist
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Possessed by the Ghost of Cumulus

Post by cumulusprotagonist »

Morkulv wrote:Exactly as I said. Everything here is about America but never anything about what happens outside America. And when there is something about Europe, or anything else, its most of the time mocking. The whole world just consists out of America for most people here, and the sad part is that actually a terrible lot of people think that way.

Africa

Your Move
Maybe I am wrong...

DO NOT CLICK ON THIS LINK!!!!!!

Photography by ___________
Photo Manipulation by Z
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets
Mood: Indifferent

Post by MoonKit »

Morkulv wrote:
Thats what is wrong with this forum; a lack of certain concentration, motivation and interest. There are a few semi-interesting discussions every now and then, but furthermore people just stick to the basic everyday bullshit spammings with no sign of progression.
In our defense. This is a forum about an (hopefully) upcoming movie. So when there is no movie news, we fall back to plain old spam while we wait it out together.
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

cumulusprotagonist wrote:

Africa

Your Move
Please post your semi-cynical garbage somewhere else.
MoonKit wrote:
Morkulv wrote:
Thats what is wrong with this forum; a lack of certain concentration, motivation and interest. There are a few semi-interesting discussions every now and then, but furthermore people just stick to the basic everyday bullshit spammings with no sign of progression.
In our defense. This is a forum about an (hopefully) upcoming movie. So when there is no movie news, we fall back to plain old spam while we wait it out together.
Falling back to something is not something you can't choose for. You can't tell me that you spam because there is nothing else to say. This forum is about a movie, a movie about werewolves, so werewolf-related things could easily entertain the entire forum for years. And the subject werewolves goes very deep, far beyond anything Hollywood has come up with over the last century, and I haven't even seen 10% of actual knowledge about werewolves rather then everyday Hollywood-crap like lycanthropy and fictional shapeshifters.
Dreamer wrote:
Okay then, what would you like to talk about on the subject of the rest of the world. I can't come up with anything because I'm an ignorant American.
In a public forum it would be wise to keep nationality on the background, unlike here. Everyone seems so anxious to find out why this forum is so quiet every now and then? Well, just imagine a international forum talking about international stuff where you thus don't understand anything from. Not really the most interesting place for people of all over the world to hang out now is it? On a public forum you have to post in way that it is interesting to read for everyone, not just people from one country, in this case America.
Last edited by Morkulv on Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MoonKit »

Then feel free to start some of these more international or smart topics. :D
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

No. I'm through with that. I made enough of those attempts in the past, and I made a lot of them (refer to my joining date) but nobody ever got it. It was all a waste of time and typing.
Kaebora
Custom Title: Werehare In Disguise

Post by Kaebora »

Morkulv wrote:Nobody looks into the interesting stuff anymore. I posted my forum-link MULTIPLE times, and posted a topic about it in the 'link to other story / art sites'-section but just nobody reply's while my forum has a lot of interesting things on it wich you can really learn from. I even PM'ed moderator Kaebora about it with no reply what so ever.

For one, your PM was only a request to move the thread. I beleive it's already in the correct section. And just because noboby comments about your website doesn't mean The Pack forum has failed. If I used this basis of judgement in the same way that my own art is barely commented on, I would have left a long time ago. There are forums designed for different kinds of conversation. Web design critiques isn't exactly the forte of most of the members here. (And neither is computer animation apparently.)

The core purpose of the forum is werewolves and related media. I think that if you're website wasn't just a forum it may have gotten better feedback. It would seem that we already have a forum to discuss related topics in.

Just calm down and stop these attacks on people. It's not helping.

In regards to recruiting, I don't think that's nessesary. We already have a regular flow of new members every other day. It's the kind of forum that is best for people that are actually searching for werewolf and movie discussions. I agree that word of mouth is best, as well as plugging the url when the discussion in a forum or chatroom seems relavent. Making a brand new topic somewhere just to advertise this forum seems below our standards, don't you think?
Lurking softly, reading your posts, loving your ideas...
-Kaebora
cumulusprotagonist
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Possessed by the Ghost of Cumulus

Post by cumulusprotagonist »

Morkulv wrote:
cumulusprotagonist wrote:

Africa

Your Move
Please post your semi-cynical garbage somewhere else.
This was more of an absurd example to what you were saying. You implied "Americans do not care about other countries" (Admittedly this is true of many but not all). I impled that "You do not care about Africa" as in "Nobody cares about Africa" (See Hotel Rwhanda), which is my absurd example to your implication.
Maybe I am wrong...

DO NOT CLICK ON THIS LINK!!!!!!

Photography by ___________
Photo Manipulation by Z
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

Post deleted due to offensive content.
-Management
Timber-WoIf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Timber-WoIf »

and this is why...
*sigh*
*skips to 40k forum*
Deviantart? Why'd I do this?
I am relentlessly agressive

Image<--- THEY PWN U
Vilkacis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vilkacis »

When did personal insults and yelling become OK at the Pack? Who benefits from that?

Communication is about listening, and it has to go both ways.

Let Dreamer have his thread back.

-- Vilkacis
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MoonKit »

We need some really good movie news soon because we're in a downwards spiral.

This is the only forum Ive ever actually stopped and stayed at...you know why?...because everyone was so damn nice to everybody! Its not quite like that anymore. Here's hoping its just a low point.
Kzinistzerg
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kzinistzerg »

We just need some news. The forum's not all that active because simply most of the topics have been run through their paces enough times to kill a horse.

What in hell else are we supposed to do?
MattSullivan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MattSullivan »

I say we march into people's houses like nazi brownshirt, grab people and slap fuzzy ears and tails on them. "You VILL be werevulf! Schnell!
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MoonKit »

MattSullivan wrote:I say we march into people's houses like nazi brownshirt, grab people and slap fuzzy ears and tails on them. "You VILL be werevulf! Schnell!
Considering Nazis referred to themselves as werewolves that would be pretty funny. :lol:
Kaebora
Custom Title: Werehare In Disguise

Post by Kaebora »

MoonKit wrote:This is the only forum Ive ever actually stopped and stayed at...you know why?...because everyone was so damn nice to everybody! Its not quite like that anymore. Here's hoping its just a low point.
I couldn't agree more. In regards to that overtly negetive post, I deleted it. We don't need responses like that here.

Back to Dreamer's discussion... random people from other random forums isn't always a good thing. They may not fully understand the kind of discussions this forum represents. For example, if you post the link in a furry fandom forum, they may think this is a furry forum as well. Although we DO have furries participating, that isn't the main subject matter. You could also compare this to "advertising" in a place as diverse as Gaia Online, where there is no specific subject matter, and it's very unlikely someone would be looking for a post about werewolves (or even find your link).

I think meeting new people in person at conventions, and recruiting friends are the best ways to get new members. We should have our own booth at A-Kon 19. It's a shame that it would cost so much.
Lurking softly, reading your posts, loving your ideas...
-Kaebora