Matt Sullivan & Alphanubilus are working on a secret!

The place for anything at all...
ravaged_warrior
Legendary
Legendary

Post by ravaged_warrior »

RedEye wrote:All you missed were some truly forgettable Saturday morning cartoons, of the "Flintstones" level of quality.
As in no quality at all. :(
Flintstones? As far as I'm aware, that's a beloved classic TV show. I haven't seen it in years myself, but that seems to be the general consensus.

Or are you referring to the '70s spin-off shows?
Avareis wrote:You know, if you don't know the premise or anything about the show, watch this clip the first 5 seconds for about 50 times. Then you'll understand.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akzFX9Yz ... re=related

Edit: Actually, just watch the whole clip and you'll get the entire idea of the show.
Dear lord. I don't understand how when something horrendous has been written, it can somehow pass by several hands without someone thinking to themselves, "hey, wait a damn second, we can't use this, this is mind-bogglingly stupid!"

By the way, can someone explain to me why this evil dinosaur's master plan seems to be to inconvenience golfers?
"We used to laugh at Grandpa when he'd head off and go fishing. But we wouldn't be laughing that evening when he'd come back with some w**** he picked up in town."
-Jack Handey
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

ravaged_warrior wrote:By the way, can someone explain to me why this evil dinosaur's master plan seems to be to inconvenience golfers?
Because it's a lame cartoon from the 80s. Villains never go straight to the world domination: they are contractually obligated to first demonstrate their power by inconveniencing some stupid and/or snooty rich person, then unleash a moderate attack or two somewhere in the eastern hemisphere and then launch their final devastating attack on the United States so the heroes can arrive just in time to stop it.

Sorry, but the most fun I got out of that clip was picturing the three villain dinosaurs at the very end yelling "We're blasting off again!" :lol:
Avareis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Storyteller and Artist
Mood: Angry

Post by Avareis »

No doubt. And don't forget that the villains always attack something they've already attacked before and continue to attack it instead of going onto something more important and life threatening. Attacking Angelgrove is just fine, but doing it again and knowing that the Power Rangers live there? What's the big deal with Angelgrove anyway? It has nothing significant there, just some hollow buildings that are getting knocked down anyway.
What's really annoying is that these dinosaucers are bringing in kids to do their dirty work. How very immoral?! Why? Are the teenagers that expendable? Oh wait, judging human youth intelligence it's like they're pets to them or even mascots. They're expendable, right? Then again, the dinosaucers are kind of mentally retarded as we have witness on youtube. So, my only guess is that they have poor judgement because they themselves are mentally retarded and the teenagers are just as bad because they can't see that their saviors of the world are dumbasses.
I get it now!
And the military don't get involved because they know that they aren't a threat. The military knows that they'll just destroy themselves in the process. Very good! *claps hands*
It's suddenly so clear now.
And another thing is that the dinosaucers never get into a fist fight or actually shoot each other with their mighty guns. It's like they're afraid of touching. Instead, there is name calling and egging behavior. Not one dinosaucer is shot. Not one dinosaucer is punched or bit. There is pushing, though. They'll push each other and maybe, just maybe the other will fall over. Take the two long neck dinos in the intro. They push each other with their head, but don't do anything else. The other dinos in the clip, they stay behind the their invisible lines and snarl because that kind of touch is bad.
MattSullivan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MattSullivan »

Terastas, your reaction is EXACTLY what I was hoping to hear. We want to make it because it IS lame, and yet for some reason, it has a big fan base. It is a wholly CORPORATE cartoon. it was funded by COKE, of all things. And the people who made it KNEW they were making the silliest cartoon ever, and THAT is why it's so tongue-in-cheek. Our version will not quite be so silly, but it WILL be funny.

And that's why i revealed it. People were starting to think it was some great artistic thing. It's a SILLY STUPID movie. And I got exactly the reaction I wanted. A few people cocking their heads, saying "WHAT? WHY??" And ONE person who thought "WHOO!"

^_^ That's why ter, that's why :P
ravaged_warrior
Legendary
Legendary

Which one person was that?
"We used to laugh at Grandpa when he'd head off and go fishing. But we wouldn't be laughing that evening when he'd come back with some w**** he picked up in town."
-Jack Handey
nekocj
Legendary
Legendary

Post by nekocj »

Wow, you guys keep dredging up old stuff that I am trying to forget lol. I remember when that stuff came out as well. Dinosaucers is kind of vague though. One of those things that I probably didn't care too much about as a kid lol. But hey go for it! I know you two could do a splendid job with it and I would love to see the final result! And Matt get to work on that Sonic the Hedgehog script next lol. That I would LOVE to see. (please actually write an ending for it that makes sense also, thanks)
Figarou wrote:
MattSullivan wrote:"Werewolves don't dance"
Thats what YOU think!! :lol:

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/894568/werewolves_dance/
oh my god FIG! :o What the hell?

Where do you find this stuff man? :lol:

-Neko
Last edited by nekocj on Sat Jan 19, 2008 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Neiyoko

Post by Neiyoko »

That was awesome! It takes skill and practice to pull something like off :howl:  :oo
Avareis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Avareis »

Hey! I knew it was going to be a stupid movie! I was just trying to guess what you were going to talk about in the THREAD about a SECRET about a MOVIE that you were going to make that you couldn't keep it a SECRET in the first place, because you talk and you can't HELP it and YOU are so easy to make you TALK and that's why I think you're FUNNY...god...heh
I thought it was going to be a stupid movie. Really! I'm sorry you didn't think I thought your work was stupid. I'M SORRY!!! I'M SOOORRRY! I'll make it up to you some how. I promise! I'll make sure I don't take you seriously the next time around! I swear!

heh...Sometimes I crack myself up. :D
Seriously though, I never got the intention of it being life altering. I always saw it as some home movie. That, and I wanted to make Matt talk, which he did, because he said it was a secret. Secrets are stupid. However, spoilers are another thing.
MattSullivan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MattSullivan »

Get over yourself Averis :D I wanted to reveal this "lame" secret. Quit goin around thinking you're special :P
Avareis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Avareis »

MattSullivan wrote:Get over yourself Averis :D I wanted to reveal this "lame" secret. Quit goin around thinking you're special :P
:x Hey! I'm special! Let me be in the movie. I'll show you. I'll bang those pots and pans real good! Then we'll see who's special. :lol:
MattSullivan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MattSullivan »

Ok then "stoyteller and artist" ^-^
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets
Mood: Indifferent

Post by MoonKit »

Im not sure if you two are arguing or not. I hate the internet sometimes.
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend
ravaged_warrior
Legendary
Legendary

I'm gonna guess no, it seems very tongue in cheek.
-Jack Handey
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

MoonKit wrote:
Where do you find this stuff? ?? You always come up with these weird links involving werewolves for any situation. It's like a super ability.

That was actually pretty cool, except Im sure those were real wolf skins. That made me wince.
More like a gift. :jester: (Meh...same thing. I think.)

nekocj wrote:
Figarou wrote:
MattSullivan wrote:"Werewolves don't dance"
Thats what YOU think!! :lol:

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/894568/werewolves_dance/
oh my god FIG! :o What the hell?

Where do you find this stuff man? :lol:

-Neko
Saw this video a while back. I was like...HUH??

When I saw Matt's responce....I just HAD to post that odd video. :grinp:
nekocj
Legendary
Legendary

Post by nekocj »

Well you definitely have a cool gift man. What else ya got for us? :P

-Neko