Legendary
Legendary

Post by Okami »

:?
Proud member of The Pack
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The one and only were-jaguarundi!

Post by PariahPoet »

Kelpten wrote: But you'll never do anything as important or as rewarding as raising kids. No other success can compensate for failure in the home.
I disagree. That may be the only worthwhile thing some people do, but it is certainly not the only thing that matters.
I don't see why anyone would want to have offspring. The species isn't going anywhere any time soon. I think it is stupid that society pressures people to procreate when many are not responsible enough to care for another being. I also find it incredibly arrogant when people choose to have tons and tons of kids(like continuing to take fertility drugs after you have 5 or more). Like their genes are so much more awesome than everyone else's.

In short, yes, being a good parent is a very honorable and worthwhile goal, but it is not the ONLY thing you can do with your life that matters.
Okami
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Okami »

Ok I can understand what your saying but just so you know I may really look forward to being a father but its not the only thing I want to with my life I have other dreams like owning my own game development company. I've already started on my first big project Demi-God. :D
Proud member of The Pack
IndianaJones
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Anime/Furry/Disney Fanatic
Additional Details: I like transformations and humans being turned into animals, furries, and monsters.
Mood: Relief

Post by IndianaJones »

Okami wrote::?
You don't understand it. Because you don't hear this or see this everyday.
Disney/Disneyland fans and theme parks!
http://micechat.com/

http://steamcommunity.com/id/ZanderFox/
Okami
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Okami »

IndianaJones wrote:
Okami wrote::?
You don't understand it. Because you don't hear this or see this everyday.
yeah I kinda already figured that out
Proud member of The Pack
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The one and only were-jaguarundi!

Post by PariahPoet »

Okami wrote:Ok I can understand what your saying but just so you know I may really look forward to being a father but its not the only thing I want to with my life I have other dreams like owning my own game development company. I've already started on my first big project Demi-God. :D
Oh, no, I didn't imply that parenting and other goals are mutually exclusive. With enough determination a person can work on as many big goals as he/she chooses.
Okami
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Okami »

PariahPoet wrote:
Okami wrote:Ok I can understand what your saying but just so you know I may really look forward to being a father but its not the only thing I want to with my life I have other dreams like owning my own game development company. I've already started on my first big project Demi-God. :D
Oh, no, I didn't imply that parenting and other goals are mutually exclusive. With enough determination a person can work on as many big goals as he/she chooses.

Oh I thought you were implying that raising kids was a waste of time because you could be doing more productive things
Proud member of The Pack
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets
Mood: Indifferent

Post by MoonKit »

I love that this turned into a kids thread. :lol:

I once argued to my entire science class that they should stop being selfish with their planning to have several children just because they thought three was a good number and to be responsible and start thinking about the species as a whole and the planet beneath us.

I didnt gain many friends in that class if you can imagine. :lol:

It just amazes me that people are so set on having kids. Even in freshmen year, I was the only one who raised my hand when I said I didnt want kids and you should have seen the looks I got! I dont understand why fourteen year olds already have this desire to have children! What the heck?!

Not that theres anything wrong with having kids...I just dont understand it. :wink:

Edited to add: I do think that ALOT of people have kids just because they're "suposed" to. Certainly not most people but the people who fall for ads on television and want to do what the "crowd" is doing. And THAT is no reason to have children.
Last edited by MoonKit on Thu Jan 24, 2008 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend
Okami
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Okami »

well I'm still 14 about to turn 15 but I've been thinking about kids since I was one myself
Proud member of The Pack
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

Post by Morkulv »

Was? :P No offence, but if you are 14 you are still very much a kid.
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Okami
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Okami »

where I live once your 13 most people just treat you like an adult and mean as in my community
Proud member of The Pack
Avareis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Storyteller and Artist
Mood: Angry

Post by Avareis »

Okami wrote:where I live once your 13 most people just treat you like an adult and mean as in my community
It's the way it should be. Unfortunately, it's not always the case. There is the phase where the 13 year old will think they are better and smarter than everyone else(and that includes their parents and other adults older than them). It's a phase, fortunately, where kids can't care about other people but will for how they look. I hate people that age and I'm glad I was never that young and naive.
IndianaJones
Legendary
Legendary
Additional Details: I like transformations and humans being turned into animals, furries, and monsters.

Post by IndianaJones »

Those who are younger than us, who thinks they know everything, sure get on my nerves. Oh come on, since I was in my teens I don't think I know everything. But I am a very smart person.

Midnight
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Midnight »

MoonKit wrote:It just amazes me that people are so set on having kids.
It's probably a good deal of social conditioning and a good deal of inherent biological imperative sort of stuff (from way back in prehistory right up to the early 20th century when people had huge numbers of children in the hope that one or two might survive to adulthood). Thousands of generations of habit aren't easily broken.
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets

Post by MoonKit »

Midnight wrote:
MoonKit wrote:It just amazes me that people are so set on having kids.
It's probably a good deal of social conditioning and a good deal of inherent biological imperative sort of stuff (from way back in prehistory right up to the early 20th century when people had huge numbers of children in the hope that one or two might survive to adulthood). Thousands of generations of habit aren't easily broken.
I guess I lack that instinct. :lol:

And fourteen is neither adult nor kid. Young teens (especially in this day and age) are more capable then some people seem to think. But as Im getting older, Im realizing I thought I knew so much more then I actually did. It comes with responsibility I guess. Having to make a living and all that. But at fourteen I did know much more then people would acknowledge. And I absolutly hated it when my opinion was ignored because I was "just a kid".
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend
Avareis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Avareis »

Is is a social conditioning. It depends on your culture. For the western world, it has a lot to deal with people being taken by diseases(not always children). You get small pox or the plague or something along those lines, you have to have several children to make up for it to endure the bloodline. There is also the factor of religion. Christianity played a major role in how may children there were in a family, believe it or not. After all, out of the seven children you have you the church gets three or four to be made into nuns and priests. That was how it went then.

And it isn't really men's need to mate with as many females as possible. Psychologist just use that because of certain animals in the wild that do that and they use that type of programing in the head to explain promiscuity. People clap their hands for those so call scientists, because it seems to have so much sense in those cases. Every man and every woman is different. You can't generalize and say that that men are more promiscuous and all women are faithful. It's a load of crap.

In Thailand, men are thought more faithful(out of their pride), while the women are whores(they're a bit grabby there, I know). In the US, men are generalized as pigs looking for a score, but it is the naive women are the ones who support that. In Britain, it doesn't really matter for men and women. A man and woman are just as likely for anything. That's what I know about those cultures having lived in those places for some parts of my life.

Sure there are men looking for a score, but there are as much women in that field. As for love, it has always been a complicated issue. Love can be confused with gullibility, lust or even charm. And it goes both ways for the sexes. There is no definite answer. Relying on surveys and studies of the human being isn't going to get anyone anywhere in this age. There are always bias in a study that curve the answer. One thing is for sure, when I have kids I'm going to slap them up side the head if they go by the cultural view and I'm going to give them the same talk about sex and what to expect from the other. It'll be the same speech for boys and girls.
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Post by RedEye »

Actually, age is merely a registry of how long you have been breathing. Nothing else. Maturity is something inside, not a number.
Every generation tries to make life better for their children, but on their terms, not their children's terms. If junior doesn't like what has been done, junior is considered childish, because we adults did so much for junior and not a word of thanks...
of course, junior may not want what we are trying to force on him...but that's his immaturity.

Face it, folks: life is darned unfair. It's supposed to be, btw. That's what makes people grow, unfairness. You want to be considered mature? Act mature, and listen to the lectures you get.
because you're not behaving normally, you see.

You want to get somewhere, you push. You Plan and stick to that plan. You don't take no for an answer.
Plan on hurting your parents...that's the price of maturing early. They want you to grow up, yes; on their terms. Being mature means setting your own terms, and sticking by them no matter what. It means not using profane langnuage-in return for getting something you want.
Face it kids: we adults have the deck stacked against you. We want you to grow up...on our terms, in the manner we dictate.
You want maturity, you'll have to fight for it.
We did; those of who really grew up...
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
Ansuru
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Ansuru »

MattSullivan wrote:Women "fall" for men really fast, so when they want to "stay over" and "cook breakfast" after say, one or two dates, that makes men nervous. It's too fast for us.
Speak for y'self. I'll take the effortless bacon and eggs any day of the week...it's a good sign she's a keeper! Only one sign, out of many to look for, but a tasty one for sure. ^_^
The wind whipping past my face...
The underbrush combing through my fur...
The earth flying beneath my paws...
Am I alive?
Avareis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Avareis »

The subject of who is more faithful and who is more sexually driven than the other sex has gotten me thinking. I did a little research and came up with several articles, but I'll just give a few links.

This one sways one way, but has hinted to a few underlying reasons and also you have to consider the fact that it is based on the "admitting" of unfaithfulness.
http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/OnCall/story?id=1469078
Another find I found was for the younger group, those who were in college or of that age. This made sense since that is a time in life when hormones are flying everywhere. The findings showed that women were 44% likely and men were 37% likely of cheating....Not a big difference and I wouldn't sway to a side view on those numbers. However, it does show something about the youth's perspective of commitment versus and older group.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/ne ... e77126.ece

Still not satisfied with who is more promiscuous? Read this article and maybe you might feel a little less competitive with the opposite sex.
http://ezinearticles.com/?Who-Cheats-Mo ... &id=440585
In many ways it supports Redeye's comment. It's not always age. It's the maturity level of a person and their motivations of that period of life. You can be young and active or someone later in life that feels unfulfilled.
Short Tail
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Resident Chakat

Post by Short Tail »

What a silly topic; everyone knows us guys don't have souls and are therefore incapable of love. :lol:
In actuality, I would say the same as has been voiced by many others: some can, some can't.
"War is over if you want it to be. Imagine all the people living life in peace." - John & Yoko
Wulfur
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Meh...

Post by Wulfur »

My thoughts on the question is that from what I have seen and heard from conversations I have eavesdrop'd on is that most men seem to more or less be shalllow and mainly look at woman as a trophy or visually appealing to thier sexual desires. But that is all based on the general populus of 2 highschools I went to here in florida. But what I can say is there are a few men out there that don't give a crap about breast size and other things and really do like a woman for ther personality and who they are, in which case means that the only way I can see a man truely falling in love would be after meeting someone not just seeing them as stated by others on the forum.

For myself I am very solitary and not very social. I look at a womans personality more then there physique but I am still like any other guy, shallow in what little way it counts. As for the several woman I have talked to in my life there was two that I had liked alot and one that I could not get out of my head for a while but as time went on I had realized that she wasn't the one for me. Anyways thats my thoughts and awnser to question Moonkit. :)

(sorry if any of the above text offends anyone.)
One only knows that of which they allow themselves to know.
( http://wulfur.deviantart.com/ )
Were Dono
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Were Dono »

Err... To quote my boyfriend:
"I can agree that romance novels are f*** stupid. But not every guy is a shallow, self-absorbed piece of s*** who thinks with his dick."

:]
IndianaJones
Legendary
Legendary

Post by IndianaJones »

Avoid mainstream media novels, they can f*** you up with manipulation.

I love underrated fiction novels and series.

Lukas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: living

Post by Lukas »

New post Reply with quote
Avoid mainstream media novels, they can f*** you up with manipulation.
i doubt, ive read a few mainstream stuff and ive never felt to believe different from my usually views
(for every afro avatar, a funky man loses his hair, please, think of undercover brother)
LunarCarnivore
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: RAR!

Post by LunarCarnivore »

Depends on the guy. I know i have, got burned pretty bad too. so ya, there are truly romantic emotional men out there/
Formerly known as Wolf-Man-24