The place for anything at all...
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Superbowl!

Post by Terastas »

Huzzah!

I'll look into making the accompanying icon as soon as I know who the other team is.

Oh yeah, and if you hate football, American sports or sports in general, please, turn back now for sanity's sake, mmmkay?
Baphnedia

Post by Baphnedia »

Haha! I'll be watching it from the computer (or at the boss's house). Whichever.
Everyday should be Towel Day.
Sekrit Identity: What?
Paradice Games: .com, Forums & Facebook
MattSullivan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MattSullivan »

Now if only the packers can get in! What a superbowl it'll be!
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Terastas »

MattSullivan wrote:Now if only the packers can get in! What a superbowl it'll be!
To be honest, I was kinda' hoping the Packers would be the opposing team too. No big reason, I just thought it'd be funny to say that at Superbowl 42, the Pats were going to absolutely cut the Cheese.
:grinp:
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Post by RedEye »

That is awful. And it would be the PAK's that cut the Cheese, not the Pats.
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Soooooo....who's looking forward to the commercials during the Superbowl? :grinp:

To bad I can't see them cause I'm working that day. :P
Avareis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Storyteller and Artist
Mood: Angry

Post by Avareis »

There's nothing wrong with a little American fun. You get your beer hat. You get your gear(team colors) and you watch some steroid jacked men patting each other's asses and falling down on each other. It's a wonderful culture.

The only thing I'm really participating in is the food and the social gatherings of that night. I'm not going to really watch anything, but I'll definitely mimic the movements of my peers as they hug each other and jump up an down frantically when something happens on the big TV. I tell you, the superbowl is more festive than Honukkah. I'm in the wrong religion!
Templar
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: No Title

Post by Templar »

It doesn't matter. Nothing matters. I just want the free food, drinks, and possible girls at the parties. My only consolation is that one of these two teams will lose.
Sure, I could have stayed, could have even been king. But in my own way...I am King. (grabs girl) Hail to the king, baby!
-Ash
www.knight-templar.deviantart.com
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets
Mood: Indifferent

Post by MoonKit »

Well, now that the Giants won, my part of the world isnt going to talk about anything else!
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend
MattSullivan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MattSullivan »

Peyton won last year. Let's see if his brother ( Eli ) can this year. that would be unprecidented.
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Terastas »

RedEye wrote:That is awful. And it would be the PAK's that cut the Cheese, not the Pats.
Hey, serves em' right for making that their team's logo. You expect me to believe there wasn't a single Giants fan that was cheering that either? :grinp:
Figarou wrote:Soooooo....who's looking forward to the commercials during the Superbowl? :grinp:

The good ones usually wind up on Youtube within a week anyway. Just wait a week, then go on Youtube and look for the key words "superbowl" and "beer." :wink:
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh

Post by RedEye »

Terastas wrote:
RedEye wrote:That is awful. And it would be the PAK's that cut the Cheese, not the Pats.
Hey, serves em' right for making that their team's logo. You expect me to believe there wasn't a single Giants fan that was cheering that either? :grinp:
Figarou wrote:Soooooo....who's looking forward to the commercials during the Superbowl? :grinp:

The good ones usually wind up on Youtube within a week anyway. Just wait a week, then go on Youtube and look for the key words "superbowl" and "beer." :wink:
That's what we need: A Super "Bowl" of Beer! And big dippers... :lol:
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Terastas wrote:

Yup...I know. But I'd like to see them during the game on my new 52 inch LCD HDTV. :grinp:
Silverclaw

Post by Silverclaw »

The commercials are the main reason why I watch the Superbowl :D

I think the only time I was really interested in the game itself was when the Ravens played. Gotta root for your local team :D
Okami
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Okami »

i watch the superbowl for the half time shows although i look forward to the free food too. i'm going to be so full of chilly cheese fries that night.
Proud member of The Pack
Spongy
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Spongy »

I'll be working on Superbowl Sunday. Round Table Pizza...I have a feeling it's going to be very chaotic.
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets

Post by MoonKit »

GIANTS WON!!! 8)
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Giants deserved to win too but I believe for football sakes The Patriots should have won....they would have gone down in NFL history. Everyone is going to forget about the Giants after a couple of months.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
MattSullivan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MattSullivan »

That was one of the best Superbowls I've ever seen. Thrilling all the way to the end. And the commercials weren't too bad either.
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Terastas »

I should probably post this in the Venting thread, but. . .

Alright, I get it! The Giants won! Shut up New York! For the love of God, just shut up!

I don't know what it is, but New York seems to breed the absolute nastiest winners. Not too long ago, I considered it a blessing to go a week without somebody belting "Nineteen eighteen muther[bleep]!" in my face. Now almost a month later I can still identify a New Yorker in Boston by the way they seem to keep yelling "Stomped you out muther[bleep]!" at me.

And by the way, the Giants are now my absolute least favorite team, not because they beat the Patriots, but because of the way they acted before and afterwards. Nothing turns me off to sports more than trash-talkers, and not only did every Giant trash-talk, they evidently rehearsed their trash-talking so they could all trash-talk as one. What a miserable bunch of human beings -- I wouldn't trade places with Eli Manning or Plaxico Whosis for the world after seeing that.

Sorry, didn't mean to blow up like that, but as I said, this is the kinda' crap I've been putting up with since the Monday after. :P Kay, bye all.