The place for anything at all...
Avareis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Storyteller and Artist
Mood: Angry

Prey with the Predator

Post by Avareis »

Here's something I would never expect. A lion and a calf together, mother and...umm....Mother and uhh......something like that.

http://animal.discovery.com/fansites/wi ... oness.html
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Thats an remarkable find. :o

The reason why it's so unusual to us is because wild animals act on instincts most of the time, if they see a prey they don't think twice about it; food is food.

But this actually breaks all the boundaries. Perhaps the animals are evolving?
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Timber-WoIf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Timber-WoIf »

there are more instincts than just to eat
Deviantart? Why'd I do this?
I am relentlessly agressive

Image<--- THEY PWN U
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

That was only an example. :roll:
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Avareis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Storyteller and Artist
Mood: Angry

Post by Avareis »

We'll just have to see how it all turns out. The mother could at some point say, "What the hell was I thinking....Oh well. NomNom!" or something like, "What the hell was I thinking....Oh well, I won't screw up with the next one. That's for sure."
The funny thing is that it thinks it's a lion. So, it has shown that it has the consistencies of a hunter. Oh dear....I hope it doesn't grow up to eat its young. O_o

Damn! Those scientist should have named the calf NomNom. I like that....It would have been perfect!
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Post by Set »

I remember that. The calf starved to death, and the lioness only started hunting after it died. She tried to "adopt" a few other calves but none lived as long as the first. They have no idea where the lioness is now. She disappeared one day and no one has seen her since.
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets
Mood: Indifferent

Post by MoonKit »

Hey look guys....an oryx trapped in a lioness's body! So therian animals do exist! :lol: :wink:
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MoonKit »

Other scenarios:

A tigress nursing piglets. (Piglets in tiger stripped shirts)

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl= ... l%26sa%3DG

Scroll all the way down and read the real story. The zoo swapped the babies to attract people. The pig mother was also suckling tiger cubs. Thats absolutely horrible. Ethics aside, I cant imagine the damage done to piglets growing up on carnivore milk and vice versa.
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Post by Set »

MoonKit wrote:Ethics aside, I cant imagine the damage done to piglets growing up on carnivore milk and vice versa.
Won't hurt 'em as long as they get proper nutrition. Especially the pigs. Pig eat meat. Actually, they eat EVERYTHING.

Milk used to bottlefeed animals almost never comes from the same type of animal you're feeding. I've had to raise pups on bottles before. The milk for that comes from cattle.

Hell, the milk you drink comes from cattle. You're not a cow. Has anyone here been damaged somehow by drinking milk?
JoshuaMadoc
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: HERO OF NIGHTMARES
Additional Details: I just don't care.

Post by JoshuaMadoc »

Set wrote:
MoonKit wrote:Ethics aside, I cant imagine the damage done to piglets growing up on carnivore milk and vice versa.
Won't hurt 'em as long as they get proper nutrition. Especially the pigs. Pig eat meat. Actually, they eat EVERYTHING.

Milk used to bottlefeed animals almost never comes from the same type of animal you're feeding. I've had to raise pups on bottles before. The milk for that comes from cattle.

Hell, the milk you drink comes from cattle. You're not a cow. Has anyone here been damaged somehow by drinking milk?
QFT.
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Post by RedEye »

I dunno: some people then to Bull their way through these forums, getting all E-mootional over things.

Some people ruminate the same thought over and over, and some try to be the big cheese, by claiming others are gouda for nothing. Then there are the folks who graze through topics, while others produce some cheezy jokes.

Like me. Pardon, are you gonna eat that alfalfa, or can I have it? :lol:
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MoonKit »

Set wrote:Hell, the milk you drink comes from cattle. You're not a cow. Has anyone here been damaged somehow by drinking milk?
Yeah but I wouldnt say human beings are very healthy creatures. Plus, isnt there an argument that breast fed babies turn out healthier and smarter then formula kids? I just worry because at the moment it is that ONLY thing that those baby animals are eating.