Insane Muslims going nutsoid..AGAIN!

The place for anything at all...
MattSullivan
Legendary
Legendary

Insane Muslims going nutsoid..AGAIN!

Post by MattSullivan »

If people who STILL think that you can appease muslims, accommodate them, deal with them, live with them..here we go AGAIN. More flap over so-called "offensive" cartoons.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/7247817.stm

What scares me most is the quote about how "freedom of expression is like a plague"
Lukas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: living
Mood: Indifferent

Post by Lukas »

of course those guys complained there radicals, but if you actually looking into more detail you would read the part where real Muslims and not those fanatical assholes make a statement
Some Danish Muslims said they felt the problem was not the Danish people who were, if not well informed about Islam, at least generally liberal.

Instead, they pointed the finger of blame at the Danish media, saying it had stirred controversy instead of trying to help mend community relations
not all Muslims are bad, Matt, we have a Muslim on this board too and he hasn't try to preach any thing to us, so let it go
(for every afro avatar, a funky man loses his hair, please, think of undercover brother)
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Post by RedEye »

The problem is though (as always) that the squeaky wheel is the one you hear. The other, quiet ones, are ignored. Why? They aren't squeaking!

There are just as many Chr***ians who will make a similar flap, given the opportunity. It isn't the religion; it's the people IN the religion.

One has to question the intelligence of those protesters though; it's as if they want some sort of reaction to justify themselves as something other than noisemakers. Every religion I've studied has some basic "Manners" proverbs somewhere. These people are being deliberately rude.
And I've noted that "Offensiveness", like Beauty, is often in the eye of the beholder.
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
Spiritbw
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Spiritbw »

I'd put the blame more on fanatics than on Muslims. Fanatics of what ever religion, doctrine or school of thought tend to be the trouble makers than the school of thought itself.

Of Muslims themselves, I've known too many in my life to think badly of them. Most are no diffrent from any other man or woman on the street.

Just an example of what I mean by fanatics. This little story about an irish pub getting complaints about it's antique Harp and Guiness signs being only in English in the province of Quebec. The article gives some other hairbrained complaints at the end.
JoshuaMadoc
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: HERO OF NIGHTMARES
Additional Details: I just don't care.

Post by JoshuaMadoc »

As the only muslim in this board, i laugh at the face of those protesters. Their antics have just made them appear no different than to Fred Phelps.

Also, for all the documentary junkies out there, i'm sure you all remember this old muslim guy who has demonstrated all his life for some reason, and when he looked at the picture that instigated so many idiotic responses, he put on a WTF face and said "This can't be Muhammad. This looks more like an angry sikh with leprosy."
MattSullivan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MattSullivan »

I don't care. I think all religion damages the world. I was just bringing up this one topic.
JoshuaMadoc
Legendary
Legendary

Post by JoshuaMadoc »

Not necessarily. Perversion may be apparent, but i'm always under the belief that real religion is a productive item that once outlived its purpose to give us imaginations. Nowadays, i think it's more appropriate that its use is to build up the generally positive aspects of faith, when deducting any kind of subtle brainwashing methods.
MattSullivan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MattSullivan »

Well it doesn't appear to be working among your fellow muslims then.
JoshuaMadoc
Legendary
Legendary

Post by JoshuaMadoc »

Yeah, it isn't. Thankfully it hasn't affected all of them, otherwise, i would've been half-dead for rebelling in the first place.
Howlitzer
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: yradnegeL

Post by Howlitzer »

ok....i don't think religion is necessarily a bad thing. It serves a function of instilling morals in society. This is a big reason for many religions existing in the first place...it's a deeper layer of "authority" to give people more of a reason to follow the rules, beyond the mere risk of being arrested and put in jail.

I mean, what better way to keep people under control than get them to believe they can be punished after death and for all eternity.

(I'm an agnostic by the way)

Having said that...it's not religion, but freaking stupid, selfish, barbaric PEOPLE who twist it and use it to do even more harm than they otherwise would be able to do.

In most cases religion isn't the culprit, it's the tool. If you took religion away, the same stupid people would find stupid ways to kill each other. If you put a homicidal maniac in a room with a knife, a gun, and a bottle full of poison, then take away the poison...he'll still have two other ways to kill someone. I trust you get the analogy.

However, it also depends on what morals a religion is instilling in people....unfortunately it can become warped past mere decency towards other people to more harmful things...

personally, if there is a god....he probably would tell us to stop wasting time worshiping him, leave him the heck alone, and stop killing each other.
cumulusprotagonist
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Possessed by the Ghost of Cumulus

Post by cumulusprotagonist »

They should make a cartoon of Muhammad with one teardrop in his eye as the radicals blow a building up or something along those lines. Though, I guess a political cartoon is supposed to funny. Maybe a cartoon of Muhammad torturing Osama?

You need to alienate the extremist not the Islamic Religion.
Maybe I am wrong...

DO NOT CLICK ON THIS LINK!!!!!!

Photography by ___________
Photo Manipulation by Z
MattSullivan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MattSullivan »

No, if someone makes that cartoon someone will strap a bum to his/her car
Spiritbw
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Spiritbw »

The problem as I understand it, isn't that Mohammad had a bomb in his turban. It was that it was suppose to be Mohammad period. Apparently in some of the more exacting sects even depicting the Prophet is a nono.
cumulusprotagonist
Legendary
Legendary

MattSullivan wrote:No, if someone makes that cartoon someone will strap a bomb to his/her car
Then you do it again. Keep in mind not at all in any form whatsoever is always an option as well.
Maybe I am wrong...

Photo Manipulation by Z
MattSullivan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MattSullivan »

Right but see, those NO_NO rules should only apply to muslims. They can't freak out because someone outside their religion does it. We are not slaves to their superstition.
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

In Saudi Arabia, a woman has been given the death sentence for charges of witchcraft.

http://www.rawstory.com/news/mochila/Sa ... 42008.html

This is the stuff of the 16th century. It has no place in modern times. Five hundred years have taught us to move beyond killing people over "spectral evidence."

Cultural relativity has its limits. At some point, one must draw a line in the sand and say, "no further." There are basic, inherent, fundamental rights and truths to existence that transcend cultural barriers. If it is part of one's culture to beat women, molest children, or torture political opponents, then one's culture is fundamentally flawed and must be reformed. If a culture's religion is afraid of education, scientific knowledge, media, or criticism, then it is insecure in its ability to stand up to scrutiny, and this only serves to underscore the inescapable conclusion that ultimately, it is a dead end, and that to follow it further only serves to enslave the mind and rob people of free will.

Can your God not take a criticism? Is God not capable of standing up to a debate? Should a God who can create a universe have to be afraid of a journalist, philosopher, or the questions raised by the shapes buried in the rocks He creates? If we are to evolve as a people, then we must at least acknowledge that evolution is possible. If we are to move beyond the confines of our present affairs and solve the problems we have created, we must free and make available as many minds as we can. If a culture enslaves and suppresses fully half their population just because they are women, then that culture has already failed.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets

Post by MoonKit »

Scott Gardener wrote:In Saudi Arabia, a woman has been given the death sentence for charges of witchcraft.

http://www.rawstory.com/news/mochila/Sa ... 42008.html
Deeply religious people-like the people who are blinded and dont see common sense-scare the absolute hell out of me.
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend
RedEye

Post by RedEye »

And we can't "help Civilize them" because we need their oil... :roll:
Lukas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: living

Post by Lukas »

RedEye wrote:And we can't "help Civilize them" because we need their oil... :roll:
well we can't give them money because they would use it for that oil, we can't change them military style(Iraq), and the methods of the UN don't seem to effect them, the only option is for the people in the nation to rise up and make a movement, peaceful hopefully
(for every afro avatar, a funky man loses his hair, please, think of undercover brother)
RedEye

Post by RedEye »

As long as Oil remains THE energy source, Saudi Arabia will stay a Theocratic Welfare State.

It's hard to get people to rise up against a government that gaurantees virtually everything for them, paid for by Oil revenue.

Perhaps they might "banish" her to someplace; like Switzerland. That'd work.
JoshuaMadoc
Legendary
Legendary

Post by JoshuaMadoc »

RedEye wrote:And we can't "help Civilize them" because we need their oil... :roll:
*ahem* Qatar, Kuwait and UAE are extremely wealthy and civilized arab nations due to oil. So rich that they make their practice of buying water commonplace.
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

FACT: Kuwait has the highest standard of living on Earth.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

RedEye wrote:As long as Oil remains THE energy source, Saudi Arabia will stay a Theocratic Welfare State.

It's hard to get people to rise up against a government that gaurantees virtually everything for them, paid for by Oil revenue.

I know of a place that has TONS of oil!!

The problem is getting there.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20080213/ts ... itanenergy

All we need to do is have Exxon start building space tankers!!!

Man o man....I can see myself traveling through space just so you people can fill up at your nearest gas station. :o
cumulusprotagonist
Legendary
Legendary

Figarou wrote:
RedEye wrote:As long as Oil remains THE energy source, Saudi Arabia will stay a Theocratic Welfare State.

Man o man....I can see myself traveling through space just so you people can fill up at your nearest gas station. :o
You would be a Space Trucker!
:D
Maybe I am wrong...

Photo Manipulation by Z
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

cumulusprotagonist wrote:
Figarou wrote:

You would be a Space Trucker!
:D
Heh. Figarou, our resident Heavy Metal Queen (which is a Cowboy Bebop reference, not an insinuation about anything that should be personal or anything). :grinp: