41%
Gone through this
59%

Total votes: 17

WereDragon25
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The lovestruck wolf.
Location: Conway, AR. Such a big town for such a small wolf...

Were Acts

Post by WereDragon25 »

I got a problem, same as with werewolfboy and "yiff" kids in my school talk avout weres and furries, I try to act human, or normal, but it is too imbedded I act like wat i am, a were, any advice? And to know how many peoplewent through this i added a pole.
Going crazy with all of the work I do, all of the practice I do, and all of the $@#% I have to deal with. God, please help and support Obsidian and I get through this mess.
Image Image Image Image Image

"And, thanks to Undercover Brother, the world was once again a funky place."
MattSullivan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MattSullivan »

How about you simply go about your normal, daily life :} Don't make a big deal about it, and it won't be :}

Oh, and work on your spelling and grammar ( It's not a jab, just knowing how to write properly will also help you in your daily life. )
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Its rather hard for me to give you any advice on how you should act, especially over the internet. I will say one thing just; be yourself and hang out with your crowd, but dont do anything real silly (whatever a were may do I dont know), you want to keep your act a low profile. Thats what I do.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Anónimo Juan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Anónimo Juan »

It depends, how exactly you act like a "were"?
Renorei
Legendary
Legendary

Re: Were Acts

Post by Renorei »

WereDragon25 wrote:I try to act human, or normal, but it is too imbedded I act like wat i am, a were, any advice?

If by "were" you mean that you are a werewolf (or weredragon, in your case), then stop wasting everyone's time. You CANNOT transform into a wolf, or dragon, or any other creature, so therefore you are not a "were"-anything. You might be a therian or a furry or something, but the only way you could be a "were" is if you could literally, physically, transform into another species. Since you can't (and everyone knows it), don't call yourself that. If you want to pretend that you really are a weredragon or werewolf, we have a roleplaying section on this website.

Having said all that--I don't really feel comfortable giving you any advice. I suppose there's two options:

1. "Express yourself". In which case, I guess you'd run around acting like an animal. But then you'd be completely ridiculed and a social outcast, and nobody likes to be lonely. This option basically kills your social life.

2. "Suppress yourself". This is basically what you're already doing, I suppose. You'd have to pretend to be something you're not, just so you could fit in. You'd have friends this way, but deep down I guess you'd always be a little sad.

I guess you could try to find a happy medium between the two. Act like a regular person at school, but set aside time after school or on the weekends when you can have a few hours alone, to just be yourself. Even if that just means lying on your bed and imagining yourself flying or running through the forest, I'm sure it would help. Or maybe you could sit on a high hill and feel the breeze in your hair, and imagine it's wind beneath your wings. During the school day, you could think of yourself as a dragon-in-disguise, pretending to be a human just so you can get through the day and then go soaring through the skies.

Or something like that. Just be sure you manage to fit into regular human society, without completely suppressing the part of you that feels like an animal.
WereDragon25
Legendary
Legendary

Post by WereDragon25 »

I am therian, I can't usually check the forum,I had to type really fast so my teacher wouldn't catch me, I didn't have enough time to type therian. I got a crowd of people that know what I am and embrace and except it, but all of us are ridiculed because a supposed friend blabbed that I am a therian. :x
Going crazy with all of the work I do, all of the practice I do, and all of the $@#% I have to deal with. God, please help and support Obsidian and I get through this mess.

Berserker
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Berserker »

Just do whatever you want, but remember this: I will guarantee that once you're out of grade school and trying to make it in the "real world," whether that's in college, in a career, or with a family, those personal were-fantasies of yours will go away. That's just how maturity works. So be sure that whatever you do, make it something you'll be proud of--rather than embarrassed by--some 10 years down the road.
JoshuaMadoc
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: HERO OF NIGHTMARES
Additional Details: I just don't care.
Mood: Indifferent

Post by JoshuaMadoc »

Just try and ignore before things get physical. If it gets physical, either run or you start getting physical as well.

Personally I'd drop out before they start exploiting my quirks against me. Unfortunately i got expelled before i did that, and now i live as a shut-in closeted Cho Seung Hui. Wonderful.
WerewolfKeeper3
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Darkness Surrounds me, Chaos commands me, and i see what others cannot
Mood: Relief

Post by WerewolfKeeper3 »

WereDragon25 wrote:I am therian, I can't usually check the forum,I had to type really fast so my teacher wouldn't catch me, I didn't have enough time to type therian. I got a crowd of people that know what I am and embrace and except it, but all of us are ridiculed because a supposed friend blabbed that I am a therian. :x
(well, if your crowd knows and accepts it, what do you care what others think? As the human thought up, the voices we should listen to are the softest, and the voices we should block out are the loudest. We just need to find the mute button for those we shouldn't listen too. His friends know i'm talking to him in here, and some of the others have other selves too, although not all of them are animal. The only advice i can give you, is try your best to be the mute button for those you should ignore. If your rediculed for being a therien, i would like to point out those that ridicule, are often the ones that end up alone in life. They push everyone away from them, because they think they're so much better, but in fact, are the worst of the human kind. That, and the human never said anything about me being in his head until later on, close to when he could leave school for good. And even those who know on the internet are cool with it... most of them, i think are, anyway. so in short, ignore those that mock you, and pay attention to those who give a damn. The human's a a lot happeir that way, let me tell you. Anyway, good luck.)
A friend blabbed about you being a therian and now people are mocking you? If you can't ignore them, like Lewis told you to, try writing about something really embarrasiing happening to those who mock who, and make sure you can laugh about it. Then the next time they do insult you, remmeber what happened to them in your story and start laughing. They'll either think your nuts and stop, or... well that's probably what'll happen. Still, making them think you've lost it when you really haven't is the best part: you won, and they don't even know it. Good luck.
No what you have are bullets in the hope that when your guns are empty I'm no longer standing. Because if I am, you'll all be before you've reloaded.
V, from V for Vendetta.

What a strange creature is man, that he cages himself so willingly?
-Athena from Appleseed (2004)
WereWolfBoy
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Making the humans pay the wrong they have caused the pack
Additional Details: Damn the night
paws covered in blood, running
Running through the forest
Naked ,free of clothing howling
Animal instinct calls from
within.
Mood: Meh...

Post by WereWolfBoy »

trust me weredragon i have everything in my disposal to mock those who maock me adn they hate my for it because they tend to say things really low. pretending i don't hear them is my weapn of destruction because whatever they where talking about i use it against them.

And berserker and other fellows.

WE ALL have our fanatasies so if i want to be a were then let me at least pretnd to be one and weredragon i support you in every way.
The world lives in silence as we howl our hearts aloud
WereDragon25
Legendary
Legendary

Post by WereDragon25 »

ty all, I will try, it's just it's hard to stay focused on the good with guys coming to growl at you and girls coming and grabbing your a**, ok I like the last part

Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

WereDragon25 wrote:ty all, I will try, it's just it's hard to stay focused on the good with guys coming to growl at you and girls coming and grabbing your a**, ok I like the last part
:o
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Kelpten
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kelpten »

I've found the best way to stave off ridicule is to have tremendous self confidence. If you feel like you belong, even if you're the biggest oddball ever, you'll be treated like you belong. However, if your confidence, or show of it, wavers for the slightest moment, they'll pounce on you. Humans are much like wolves in that respect...

For example, I've found that chewing hard things helps immensely with stress. Gum won't suffice, so normally I take a wad of paper and gnaw on it. Of course the first few times I did this, everyone stared at me like I was crazy (which I might be), but I behaved like this was completely normal. In time they came to see it that way as well, or rather they accepted it as an idiosyncrasy of mine.

Perhaps I even wanted the attention this inevitably drew to me, and purposely did so to make myself appear more lupine. Perhaps I did so because it really does help with stress. I can't really tell, because when I try to start psychoanalyzing my own actions I start going 'round in circles.

So my advice is to either continue your activities in public and put on a strong face, or continue them in private if you can't muster that show of normality. Good luck with either.
Kzinistzerg
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kzinistzerg »

He's right; you can be a total nutcase, all it takes to pull it off is self-confidence.
Kelpten
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kelpten »

Kzinistzerg wrote:He's right.
I usually am :D .
WereWolfBoy
Legendary
Legendary
within.

Post by WereWolfBoy »

indeed i have people at school doing that all the time and i don't mind any of that but the only difference is that i don't have the girls grabbing my a** lol
Blue-eyes in the dark
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The doomed Chocolate lover.
Mood: Happy

Post by Blue-eyes in the dark »

you will soon enough. they'll be dieing to grab hold. lol :lol:
Reading an distributing copies of "The Werewolf's Guide to Life: a Manuel for the newly bitten" Help, where it's needed.
WereDragon25
Legendary
Legendary

Post by WereDragon25 »

I guess that girls like my therian side, and I've mixed it with my own human habits, so... :) I hate the guys in my school, but the girls... :D

Renorei
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Renorei »

WereWolfBoy wrote: And berserker and other fellows.

WE ALL have our fanatasies so if i want to be a were then let me at least pretnd to be one

Sure, just do it in the proper place: the role playing section. It's immensely insulting to everyone's intelligence for any member of the forum to pretend they are an actual werewolf.
WereWolfBoy
Legendary
Legendary
within.

Post by WereWolfBoy »

Blue-eyes in the dark wrote:you will soon enough. they'll be dieing to grab hold. lol :lol:
maybe who knows lol lck :howl:  :oo :shift:
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh

Post by RedEye »

(Sighs) Perhaps we ought to open a thread called "Spelling and Punctuation for Werewolf-interested people". :(

Come on guys! You can write better than that! Using Capital letters where necessary (like at the start of a sentence, and when referring to yourself as "I") can't be that difficult, can it?
Just because it's "cool" on some forums, remember that you'll look like a total 'tard if you get into that habit in real life. It will bite you, gauranteed! :roll:

So, maybe doing things properly slows you down as you type: that just gives you time to think out what you're saying; and lets you sound all the smarter for it. :o

It's not like you're on a chat. This will be read be many people who will just point and snicker at the five-year-old spelling and punctuation...and give you no respect. :P

DIG? ??
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
Midnight
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Midnight »

This is the Internet, unfortunately, where bad spelling is The Law. And by "The Law" I don't mean laws like the Transport Act; I mean laws like thermodynamics.
*nagowteena*
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: TV!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mood: RAR!

Re: Were Acts

Post by *nagowteena* »

WereDragon25 wrote:I got a problem, same as with werewolfboy and "yiff" kids in my school talk avout weres and furries, I try to act human, or normal, but it is too imbedded I act like wat i am, a were, any advice? And to know how many peoplewent through this i added a pole.
I really don't know what to tell you, nothing like that has happened to me, ( Since I'm home schooled, and I have no friends) so, no one can really give me trouble. :|

Just try and ignore them, and try not to let everyone know, just those you trust.
Image Image
Yeah, that hits the spot..DeviantArt ~ Youtube Avatar by Z
WereDragon25
Legendary
Legendary

Post by WereDragon25 »

I have an excuse for why I use bad grammer, I have to get on at school, and they don't let us. So I have to type fast enough where my teachers don't figure out that I'm on the internet, no forums is a big rule in my school. Second to no internet. Oh, and, nagowteena, you have over 1,400 friends, you have The Pack.

WerewolfKeeper3
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Darkness Surrounds me, Chaos commands me, and i see what others cannot
Mood: Relief

Post by WerewolfKeeper3 »

Shadow Wulf wrote:
WereDragon25 wrote:ty all, I will try, it's just it's hard to stay focused on the good with guys coming to growl at you and girls coming and grabbing your a**, ok I like the last part
:o
(Huh? Well, look at it this way: if the girls seem to like having a therian as a boyfriend, go for it. something tells me they may mistake it fr having an over grown puppy in a human body, but i think even the human would like to get his ears scratched by a pretty girl. Right? :D )
SHut up! So what if that sounds like a good thing. You have the same ideas, remember?
(So? I am a werewolf. That makes it less weird and more... ugh, i hate saying this about myself... cute. {Gag, retch, gag.}Oh god that word tastes bad.)
Ha ha ha, well, you do have a point. Weredragon, my only real advise is to deal with it in your own way. Everone's different, so we all have different ways of dealing with this bs. I'm out of school for right now, but even then, only very few people knew about him, {Points over shoulder at werewolf, grinning like an idiot in the back of his mind.}
(Hey!)
Sorry, :lol: , anyway, and still only a few people know about him. If people are giving you a hard time about it, here's an idea: ever think they're jealous, that you're actually able to express yourself like that, and that they are just too afraid to even to think their something else because of what's around them?
Just something to think about.
No what you have are bullets in the hope that when your guns are empty I'm no longer standing. Because if I am, you'll all be before you've reloaded.
V, from V for Vendetta.

What a strange creature is man, that he cages himself so willingly?
-Athena from Appleseed (2004)