Think about it:

The place for anything at all...
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Disappointed

Think about it:

Post by Teh_DarkJokerWolf »

You have proof of werewolves. Anything. Paw prints, video, photos, hair/fur samples and audio recordings. All the proof you would need to show of their existing. Showing everyone could make you popular and well known and then you'd have the media in your face 24-7 and of course the werewolf community would find out because of the media and know your face and just suddenly you've gone missing...Oh people could assume anything at this point. But before any of this occurred you knew the risks. Now look at yourself and ask would you do this to expose the werewolf community or would you feel the need and respect for them to say nothing and destroy all your proof? But doing this though you got nothing. All the proof you could ever need and since you decide not show it you earn nothing. View a werewolf like a true wolf as a misunderstood creature that people hate and would kill? Would that be enough or just the knowledge of knowing they are real? Say you do take it to the media tho and a werewolf is captured? For science and research sake you want to expose em. They'd prod the poor werewolf till it was nothing, but you would still be able to study wats left if it's not for some reason put in area 51? (yes I am thinking BIG here) Or wherever else they hide things they do not want you to see. Your knowledge for their suffering...

More EDITING: For terrible spelling :P
Last edited by Teh_DarkJokerWolf on Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:50 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Renorei
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Renorei »

I wouldn't expose them. That would just be stupid.

However, I WOULD NOT be empty handed when it's all said and done. In exchange for my silence, they'd have to, quite literally, bite me, so I could be a werewolf too. That is, assuming these are cool werewolves, not lame "cursed" werewolves. I guess it would depend on what these real werewolves were like as to whether or not I'd want to be one.

Whether or not I decided to become a werewolf; I'd still keep my mouth shut.
Lukas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: living
Mood: Indifferent

Post by Lukas »

Renorei wrote:I wouldn't expose them. That would just be stupid.

However, I WOULD NOT be empty handed when it's all said and done. In exchange for my silence, they'd have to, quite literally, bite me, so I could be a werewolf too. That is, assuming these are cool werewolves, not lame "cursed" werewolves. I guess it would depend on what these real werewolves were like as to whether or not I'd want to be one.

Whether or not I decided to become a werewolf; I'd still keep my mouth shut.
somewhat similar to that idea, but instead of "becoming" a werewolf i would rather become a liaison, a safe, human messenger between packs and such, i wish not to force a change (could be problems later on) but i will still be able to get the close hand experience no other person can get outside of the pack group
(for every afro avatar, a funky man loses his hair, please, think of undercover brother)
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

I would love to become one, but I might be hesitant because it can severely interfere with my human life. But enough about me, I would not expose them due to the public ignorance and will treat them like savages simply because they aren't classified as humans. This means they have no rights that we have, they can be shot and nothing will happen to the person who shot him. Telling the public would be selfish.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Howlitzer
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: yradnegeL

Post by Howlitzer »

hmm...interesting to think about...

true...if it were me who found proof of this, I'd definitely be wary of going public. I mean, what's the point? It'd be cool enough just knowing it for myself, why do something stupid like blabbing to the world? I might get famous, but I'd have some enemies I don't want to have.

Actually, provided that I'd weighed the consequences and it wouldn't be too much of a problem, I too would probably keep my mouth shut under the condition that they bit me...

Although, if you think about it more, if it did inadvertently get out to the public...would things necessarily turn out bad? It depends entirely on the circumstances. True, there would definitely be people who would react negatively. But a large, secretive society of weres would likely be viewed as something much different than a single random oddity...and as such, would probably be treated differently. A random oddity is the type of thing the government would capture and study. A secret society, on the other hand, is something entirely different and demands much more respect due to that very fact. People would be forced to question the line society draws between the value put on human life and the lack of value put on animal life.
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Post by RedEye »

By now you all know where my sympathies lie: I dunno if I'd go for the bite, transfusion, or whatever; but I do know this: I'd for certain try to get them to come out while they still have some control over things.

It won't be that long before the degree of privacy necessary for Werewolves to exist will go the way of the Dodo...as in vanished. Then they would have no choice and no control in the matter: either stop Wolfing out or try to get the sympathy thing going: not what one would choose.
By "Outing" themselves now, they stay one step ahead of the drug companies and out of Uncle Sam's clutches. They would have control of who knew ( at first) and what was said about them. They could challenge the stereotypes about them and demostrate that they are PEOPLE, not monsters.

There has already been more beneficial press about the Wulfen than one would expect, and that would be something that they could use as an "Ice-breaker" for general society.
Now would be the time for them to do whatever they planned to do for their entry. They could use their "Star Power" ( as in "NEW SHINY") to get something approaching acceptance for their people.

Whatever else was done, I'd try to help them get the best deal they could.
I might even write a few positive stories about them...
Last edited by RedEye on Wed Mar 19, 2008 1:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
Midnight
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Midnight »

What I'd do would depend on certain variables: e.g. is the local werewolf decimating the local domesticateds? are people going missing? etc.

I'd definitely not hand proof over to the media... having seen the local media "in action" I wouldn't even dob the old-fashioned Hollywood raving monster type in to them.

But if they're keeping to themselves and not causing any disturbance... I'd have no problem with them setting up base in my town. If they accidentally let something slip they'd just find a note from me in their letterbox suggesting they take more care while they're changing shape.

I wouldn't try the "silence in exchange for a bite" offer either... even assuming that these werewolves are the sort that can transfer their nature with a bite... it sounds a bit like extortion to me; and, while I could quite happily live with the consequences if I got bitten, I'd have to find the time somehow to actually learn how to live like I'd be. Other things would go by the wayside... you'd probably see much less of me on the Internet, for a start.

And as for the notion of selling non-malevolent werewolves out for the money... there are words for the sort of people who'd do that, and they aren't polite ones.
Howlitzer
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Howlitzer »

well, in some cases i suppose they might have to bite/infect/whatever you if you knew... or kill you.

Those would be the only two options that would better guarantee that you keep your mouth shut.

If you're dead, you can't talk obviously. If you're one of them...well, you'd be in the same boat as them if they were exposed.
Xiroteus
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Happy

Post by Xiroteus »

I would keep their existence a secret, they could want their privacy and I would never take that away from anyone.
Anónimo Juan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Anónimo Juan »

Looks like you know some things we don't Joker :P Aw, kidding.

I'd just pass the voice about it, like Youtube with a new account or things like that.
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Post by Aki »

I'd keep my mouth shut, though if they were of a sort that I liked I'd probably ask for a bite, and then they'd have even more reason to trust me to keep my mouth shut - exposing them would expose me. Though I would probably also, well, make a suggestion to them about coming up with plans for coming out on their own or how to react in case of the secret getting leaked another way. Keep from getting caught with their pants down. It'd just be foolish to assume they could keep it forever - especially after I got enough evidence to have blown it if I wanted to.
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Tonight I'm going to show you something to make you believe

Post by Scott Gardener »

I'd likely not come forward either, at least not without first going to the werewolves themselves.

I know, instant death in a large number of timelines in which this could play out, but I wouldn't just plop myself in the middle of a meeting of the biggest, scariest ones and announce, "I know all about you and want to expose you to all the world." Rather, I'd see if I could find one or two trustworthy individuals to discuss the ramifications and consequences. I'd also be prepared to hand over said proof.

Of course, such a show of trust could put a paw in the door towards getting in. I'm not sure how well "since I could have exposed you but didn't, could you bite me and make me one of you" would go over, but I'm sure there's better ways of phrasing it.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Berserker
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Berserker »

I would never reveal the secret. Even if several of the werewolves themselves wanted to reveal it, I'd probably initially be against it. BUT, my life would never be the same if I knew they existed... I think my humdrum life as a cubicle dwelling normal would be irreparably destroyed. At that point, I'd make it a swift goal to try and earn my way into the pack.

But... finding out about werewolves might also be a major insanity test. What if you were wrong? What if it was all a delusion? Proving it to yourself would be the hardest part, imo...
outwarddoodles
Custom Title: I'm here! What more do you want?

Post by outwarddoodles »

As otherwise unanimously agreed by with everyone else: I'd keep my information to myself. Not because I think it's either helpful or harmful to out a werewolf, but because it simply wouldn't be my secret to share, and it isn't my choice to make.

On another note. On the issue versus "outing" a werewolf or not (quite a whole new meaning to coming out of the closet, ehh?), I'd think it'd be, in the long term, a lot more beneficial for werewolves to choose to present themselves before they're figured out. In this case, the populace would be aware of the existance of werewolves before another group can obliterate them or keep it secret (Area 51 and all that). Because, for as many people who oppose werewolves, there's going to be us, a minority that still has its numbers (infact, I wonder if it's more intelligent for werewolf packs to encourage close, human friends, for the sake of possible-political relationships).

Granted, there are better and worse countries and governments for a lycanthropic debut. And if I were a werewolf, I'd tried to make the decision soon, because I don't see staying-secret as being an available option for werewolves very long.
"We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream."
Howlitzer
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Howlitzer »

hmm...mebbe THAT's what happens in 2012 O.o *shifty eyes*

*X-files music*

:lol:
IndianaJones
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Anime/Furry/Disney Fanatic
Additional Details: I like transformations and humans being turned into animals, furries, and monsters.
Mood: Relief

Post by IndianaJones »

The Government covers up werewolves and other such shapeshifters. I think they will always keep it as a Secret's Secret away from the human public. If exposed, they will deny it and make it a complete hoax.
Disney/Disneyland fans and theme parks!
http://micechat.com/

http://steamcommunity.com/id/ZanderFox/
ghostfang
Legendary
Legendary

Post by ghostfang »

i would leave them be, hell if there not doing anything threating why bother them. it would be nice knowing they exist :lol:
ImageImage
Ansuru
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Ansuru »

Same response as to ETs/BEMs...knowing'd be enough for me, no need to show it off.

Now, I might USE such proof to track down a werewolf for a little scratch & nibble...but that's a different thing altogether :P
The wind whipping past my face...
The underbrush combing through my fur...
The earth flying beneath my paws...
Am I alive?
Midnight
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Midnight »

IndianaJones wrote:The Government covers up werewolves and other such shapeshifters.
Which government?

There's a tad under 200 countries in the United Nations, and a good number of them would be inclined to show your government their middle fingers (or local hand signals of similar meaning) if your government tried to tell them what to do.

Also, not every place would have the same reaction to a band of werewolves being in their midst. Around here there probably wouldn't be a great deal of notice taken of them as long as they are in compliance with the Dog Control Act whenever they go around on all fours. Basically, they'd be our werewolves and the worst that would happen to them is that the dotty old biddies who write letters to the local newspaper full of irrelevant Bible quotes might start saying that they knew this sort of thing would happen and that it's all the fault of the 1986 (or thereabouts) repeal of the law which made it a criminal offence just to be gay... As an example of that sort of attitude: Invercargill's mayor is a complete blithering idiot who is famous throughout the country as being a complete blithering idiot. But he's our complete blithering idiot so he keeps on being elected Mayor (even once being elected unopposed).
Howlitzer
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Howlitzer »

what did i miss here? ??
Midnight
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Midnight »

Topic drift. It happens.
outwarddoodles
Custom Title: I'm here! What more do you want?

Post by outwarddoodles »

IndianaJones wrote:The Government covers up werewolves and other such shapeshifters. I think they will always keep it as a Secret's Secret away from the human public. If exposed, they will deny it and make it a complete hoax.
Which is why I propose a "werewolf debut" or revolution of sorts. The first plan of action would be making werewolves absolutely undeniable, and thus, unable to be covered-up or killed without public knowledge.

Although, while Midnight was talking about New Zealand, I almost want to say New Zealand is a perfect hotsspot for a werevolution. It's small enough, remote enough, but still a respected an industrialized nation enough. If a werewolf pack were to have made it home there centuries before, Midnight himself has probably already had contact with one. And, given the outing of werewolves in such a country, I highly doubt people there would deny freedom to werewolves they know.
Howlitzer wrote:hmm...mebbe THAT's what happens in 2012 O.o *shifty eyes*

*X-files music*

YES! Perfect!

"We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream."
Howlitzer
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Howlitzer »

outwarddoodles wrote:
Howlitzer wrote:hmm...mebbe THAT's what happens in 2012 O.o *shifty eyes*

*X-files music*

YES! Perfect!

hey, ya never know...forseeing a global "werewolf debut" might have been enough to get the Aztecs to end their calendar....

I can see it now...

(room full of aztec mathematicians, several of which are hyped up on all that lovely coffee you KNOW they had back then) :cafinated:

*Over caffeinated Aztec mathematician finishes calculating the future*

*supervisor reads the results*

*raises one eyebrow*O.o

"Alright...you've been at this a little bit too long...I think we're done here." :P :lol:
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Post by RedEye »

0.o Aztec Coffee? Dun' think so...Coffee is Old World, not New. It was imported from the middle east in the early 1800's as a crop for the Spanish colonies in New Spain. Prior to that, it was the Ottoman Empire's big money maker in Europe.

What the Aztecs had was Choco-latl (bitter water), and it had about twice the theobromine levels that Coffee did at the time (Theobromine is the form of caffiene found outside of the Coffee Berry family).
Green tea has it too.

Now, what would you do if you knew Werewolves existed? Would you talk? And to whom...that's the thread.
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
ghostfang
Legendary
Legendary

Post by ghostfang »

if they did i would like to get to know one hell maybe even befriend him/her. :lol: :D
ImageImage