Legendary
Custom Title: Eletist Jerk

Wolf law

Post by Anubis »

I just thought it would be fun to write some werewolf laws. well here they are

1 never kill for pleasure and three times never kill man. punishible by
death

2 obay the alpha male and female, and beta male

3 never show or tell man about wolf kind.

4 protect the pack at all costs

5 never hit or force on females of both races. punishible by death

6 only alphas can give humans wolf hood. giving humans the gift with
the alpha's ok will result the loss of wolf hood.

7 kill vampires on sight! to protect our selves and man kind.

8 lone wolves have to contact the alpha male to enter his teritorry or to
join the pack. failure to do so will result in death.

9 look out for just bitten werewolves so they can be educated and/or to
join the pack

10 if a male and female wish to have pups they have to get the alpha's
permission. not doing so will have the parents removed from the
pack with out thier pups.
THE GAME

My Armory
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Above all, be true to thy self

Post by Scott Gardener »

I think Werewolf: the Apocalypse beat you to it by about 12 years, with "the Litany." It was fairly similar, though it also included clauses about things specific to their world-setting beyond just warring with vampires.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
hydrocarbon
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Random passerby

Post by hydrocarbon »

Sounds kind of depressing :wink: But here's my contribution!

11. Beware the werewolf bearing duckies (especially if his name begins with F).

:nohowling:
Scott Gardener wrote:I think Werewolf: the Apocalypse beat you to it by about 12 years, with "the Litany."
Hehe, yeah.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

iolarnula wrote:Sounds kind of depressing :wink: But here's my contribution!

11. Beware the werewolf bearing duckies (especially if his name begins with F).

:nohowling:

Hmmmmm...starts with "F"

think think think...ok...I give up? Who? :jester:
outwarddoodles
Custom Title: I'm here! What more do you want?

Post by outwarddoodles »

death
That would go with one's own common morals, and the fact the mysterious deaths would cause suspicion.
These people are humans that change into wolves, wolven systems are not necessary. It seems like dictatorship. Being they are humans they can create a nicer way to the way the pack is put together.
Common sense.
From what? They are screwed up their furry arses with humans were full fledged out hunting them (other wise just small groups such as people after bigfoot theres a great chance they can stay hidden.) and fighting them would make them more hunted and well known. Fighting other packs would make them more beastile.
Damn it. Wemon can protect themselves just as all the men. Raping? Yes, they should be punished. Yet thats just sexist in my book. And the punishable by death would be too mysterious in the human world and law.

:roll:
"We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream."
Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

Post by Silverclaw »

Hmm, I think that WWs would have a wolf system mentality. At least a bit. Pack's/Alpha's/Omega's/Bete's, ect. Wolf packs are not really like a dictatorship. The pack can decide if their alpha is not doing a good job or not and have another wolf be in charge. Usaually with a fight though. :D
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

hmmm....you have the laws...but who are the ones that enforces them?

:cop: wolfcops? :cop:
Wynd
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Wynd »

:lol: Wolf Cop, Wolf Cop...whatcha gonna do? Whatcha gonna do when they howl at you?

Sorry Fig, couldn't resisit! :P
"Sometimes I think I've been bad an' God sent me to Hell."

"This isn't Hell but you can see it from here..."
Vilkacis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vilkacis »

Silverclaw wrote:Hmm, I think that WWs would have a wolf system mentality. At least a bit. Pack's/Alpha's/Omega's/Bete's, ect.
I agree, even if it's just because that's how a new werewolf might expect themselves to act. Their preconceptions would be that of a wolf; thus, they would be more inclined to act them out because they think that it would be 'natural' for them to do so. They would probably do so even if they had no inherent urges to act that way.

-- Vilkacis
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Wynd wrote::lol: Wolf Cop, Wolf Cop...whatcha gonna do? Whatcha gonna do when they howl at you?

Sorry Fig, couldn't resisit! :P

LOL!! Good one!! :roflmao:
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

Silverclaw wrote:Hmm, I think that WWs would have a wolf system mentality. At least a bit. Pack's/Alpha's/Omega's/Bete's, ect. Wolf packs are not really like a dictatorship. The pack can decide if their alpha is not doing a good job or not and have another wolf be in charge.
*nods* The alpha is not necessarily a dictator so much as he's the family figurehead. By human standards, the alpha would be whichever one always has the Thanksgivings/Christmas getgotethers at their place, unless, of course, said aunt/uncle is thought of by the rest of the family as being a total deushbag (as is the case with my family).

Or, on a more practical level, the alpha werewolf would be the one that knows everyone else; not so much the one in charge of crucial decisions as he is the one that everyone would trust with them, or at least trust with ensuring that the rest of the pack stays informed on what is going on within the family.

And, uh... No offense, but these do look like they came right out of Werewolf: the Apocalypse.
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Anubis »

hey i did this off the top of head. i didn't mean to copy any one
THE GAME

My Armory
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary

Rules were made to be broken, but so were bones

Post by Scott Gardener »

But, when you have societies and subcultures, you do start getting into mores and customs. Throw in special needs, like not being detected and dealing with a contageous nature, and the development of rules is almost unavoidable.

But, having a well-organized, formal set of laws seems to me unlikely unless werewolf society is itself well-organized, which requires a good population number, coupled with a means of communicating with each other. All hard to do when one isn't supposed to exist. Granted, if one of the rules is to keep it secret, punishable on death, or some other heinous punishment (like having one's lycanthropy cured--which wouldn't work as a way of punishing the ever-popular reluctant werewolf character), then the presence of an organized society with other rules starts to become believeable.
Kavik
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Kavik the Wolf-Boy
Mood: Busy

Post by Kavik »

Terastas wrote: *nods* The alpha is not necessarily a dictator so much as he's the family figurehead. By human standards, the alpha would be whichever one always has the Thanksgivings/Christmas getgotethers at their place, unless, of course, said aunt/uncle is thought of by the rest of the family as being a total deushbag (as is the case with my family).

Or, on a more practical level, the alpha werewolf would be the one that knows everyone else; not so much the one in charge of crucial decisions as he is the one that everyone would trust with them, or at least trust with ensuring that the rest of the pack stays informed on what is going on within the family.

And, uh... No offense, but these do look like they came right out of Werewolf: the Apocalypse.
If anyon'e read BLOOD & CHOCOLATE, it presents a wolf pack mentality applied to the werewolves living among humanity, and IMO that pack had a similar set of standards, albeit not geared towards RPGing against vampires.

And it was the Alpha's responsibility to enforce his own laws, in that book at least.
Give a man a fish, feed him for a day.
Give a man a poisoned fish, feed him for life.
- Crazy Ivan (aka Kavik)
http://s3.bite-fight.us/c.php?uid=167865
http://www.geocities.com/crazy_ivan_thx11/Talbot.htm
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Scott Gardener »

Why do so many assume that werewolves and vampires have to be at war? It was funny in 1991, when I was a werewolf on Halloween, and the guy dressed as Dracula appeared, and I shouted, "...You!" and we pretend-dualed. It was interesting for a little while with Vampire: the Masquerade and Werewolf: the Apocalypse. It started becoming stale with Underworld, though by then it was done to death by a guy named "Werewolf Tobias" on the Werewolf.com BBS. But, now, it's become stock to the point of cliche.

Just once, I want to see a story where the vampires were once minions of the werewolves. Just once, show me a movie where the vampires are the guys in the sewers and graveyards and the vampires upstairs in suits and ties. Or, better yet...

Just once, I want to see a story where vampires and werewolves both high-five each other, or at least acknowledge that they're both in the same boat.

Just once, I want to see a story written after 1930 that admits that werewolf legends and vampire legends have more in common than contageous bites and the weird tendancy for werewolves to walk on walls. In some places, the Vlkodlak is BOTH werewolf AND vampire, and the being doesn't have legions of other supernatural beings calling it an "abomination." (Though, granted, the human population has this annoying habit of calling one something like that.)

Consider that, here in the real world, there is a society of actual blood-drinkers who consider themselves vampires, who see it as a form of metaphysical energy transfer. They are not by any stretch of the imagination at war with the therian community. If anything, they're more understanding, because they have something in common.
outwarddoodles
Custom Title: I'm here! What more do you want?

Post by outwarddoodles »

I don't get etheir why werewolves are at war with Vampires, in the real world I'd doubt if they were there they'd be slaying and killing each other every moment they can. And at the mention of vampires and therians, there are a couple vampires I know in the therian community. And a great way to see posers is when they walk in saying 'Cuz I'm a tru3 w3r3 wolf I hate vampires.' and that being their only reason.
:roll:
"We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream."
JonathanBaine
Legendary
Legendary

Re: Wolf law

Post by JonathanBaine »

wolf marine wrote:I just thought it would be fun to write some werewolf laws. well here they are

death

join the pack

Who told you!....Great, now I'm going to have to hunt you down. You should have kept your mouth shut, but no! You had to give the most secred of rules away! And man! You seemed like a nice guy but rules are rules....By the way, #7 is actually switched with #1...Geez!
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Post by Aki »

Indeed, if anything, one would think Werewolves and Vampires would help each other. Both would be rather screwed if found out by humans, thusly making any kind of war pretty much cutting your own throat. As the war would diminish both sides, and if not done carefully, leave carnage that would leave the humans wonders "Why does this severed wolf paw look so human...and is in a city" or "Hey...whats with all thee ash piles?" :P
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary

Re: Wolf law

Post by Anubis »

JonathanBaine wrote:
wolf marine wrote:I just thought it would be fun to write some werewolf laws. well here they are

death

join the pack

Who told you!....Great, now I'm going to have to hunt you down. You should have kept your mouth shut, but no! You had to give the most secred of rules away! And man! You seemed like a nice guy but rules are rules....By the way, #7 is actually switched with #1...Geez!
dude i just made this stuff up!! chill and bite me! ??
THE GAME

My Armory
JonathanBaine
Legendary
Legendary

Post by JonathanBaine »

:evil: Let me think about it. I'm not suppose to, but....You know the rules so I've got to do something. I'm......sorry, Andrew. :(
Kavik
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Kavik the Wolf-Boy
Mood: Busy

Post by Kavik »

Aki wrote:Indeed, if anything, one would think Werewolves and Vampires would help each other. Both would be rather screwed if found out by humans, thusly making any kind of war pretty much cutting your own throat. As the war would diminish both sides, and if not done carefully, leave carnage that would leave the humans wonders "Why does this severed wolf paw look so human...and is in a city" or "Hey...whats with all thee ash piles?" :P
The (flawed) logic is two-fold.

1st, the classic Universal crossover movies had Dracula and Larry Talbot as adversaries more often than not. This established a pop-culture precedent that mere history cannot hope to compete against.

2nd, in terms of being a vampire (for RPGs, wannabe goths, etc), there's little challenge to being on the top of the food chain. Other than trying to blend in with 'normal humans', there's little to oppose a vampire from doing whatever it wants. So the gamers and dreamers turned to the werewolf as an unnatural predator that would actually have a decent chance of hurting or killing a vamp in a one-on-one.

Keep in mind these theories only hold up from a highly subjective vamp-centric pov. I don't agree with them, but I try to follow the advice of Homer J. Simpson; "Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand."

8)
Give a man a fish, feed him for a day.
Give a man a poisoned fish, feed him for life.
- Crazy Ivan (aka Kavik)
http://s3.bite-fight.us/c.php?uid=167865
http://www.geocities.com/crazy_ivan_thx11/Talbot.htm
JonathanBaine
Legendary
Legendary

Post by JonathanBaine »

Andrew, just to let you know you're ok. Man! I didn't know you were a kid. Sorry, about scaring you. Someone in your highschool said you were cool and that they read your mind and said there wasn't much there. They said you had the liking for werewolves since you were about ten and that you were harmless. Cool!
They also said for you to....try to give up that bad habit you do. You know the one. But try not to be too creative next time. You got me into a lot of trouble. By the way, clean you room....You can for get the bite too. :)
Vilkacis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vilkacis »

JonathanBaine wrote:Andrew, just to let you know you're ok. Man! I didn't know you were a kid. Sorry, about scaring you. Someone in your highschool said you were cool and that they read your mind and said there wasn't much there. They said you had the liking for werewolves since you were about ten and that you were harmless. Cool!
They also said for you to....try to give up that bad habit you do. You know the one. But try not to be too creative next time. You got me into a lot of trouble. By the way, clean you room....You can for get the bite too. :)
*pokes JonathanBaine*

I would thank you to stop harassing him, please. It's obvious he doesn't like it.

Thanks

-- Vilkacis
JonathanBaine
Legendary
Legendary

Post by JonathanBaine »

:( Sawee :(