Idea for The Pack flyer

The place for anything at all...
Berserker
Legendary
Legendary

Idea for The Pack flyer

Post by Berserker »

Ok so I found this drawing of werewolf footprints on my PC (not sure where I got it from, it's old,) and I turned it into a flyer for The Pack. The flyer is 8x11 greyscale so should be easily printable. The quote is part of a poem I wrote. May not be the best quote, there are plenty of other ones to choose from.

Here's a version with a quote by Sam Walter Foss:

Just a rough idea, could probably be cleaned up a bit.
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Re: Idea for The Pack flyer

Post by RedEye »

Interesting...but you should get rights to the image if you are going to use it.
Still, I like it.
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
Moonwatcher
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Guardian
Mood: Sad

Post by Moonwatcher »

i like it it looks good like the quote
Humans Fear The Beast Within the Wolf Because
They Do Not Understand the beast Within Themselves
Uniform Two Six
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Uniform Two Six »

I wouldn't bet on getting the rights for the artwork anytime soon. I'm pretty sure I recognize it. I'm almost certain it's a Ron Spencer piece from old Werewolf: The Apocalypse. I'd also advise against using it without getting permission. White Wolf is pretty lawsuit-happy. They sued Sony because they used the word "AbominationTM" in Underworld.
Berserker
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Berserker »

Aw, that's too bad.

I still want to create a good flyer for The Pack. Halloween is coming, Twilight movie is coming, Wolf-Man movie is coming... I mean good grief, there's so much opportunity to promote this site it'd be a shame to waste it.
Uniform Two Six
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Uniform Two Six »

I can now confirm it. It's an illustration from page 113 of the Werewolf: The Apocalypse Player's Sourcebook published in 1999 (the so-called "Second Edition" book). Sorry Berserker. :(

EDIT: As an aside, a copy of that book is briefly seen lying on the floor in the protagonist's bedroom in the movie Cursed. Also illustrations from that book were used in the History Channel special "A History of Werewolves".
IndianaJones
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Anime/Furry/Disney Fanatic
Additional Details: I like transformations and humans being turned into animals, furries, and monsters.
Mood: Relief

Post by IndianaJones »

Seen that already, but I like the quote.
Disney/Disneyland fans and theme parks!
http://micechat.com/

http://steamcommunity.com/id/ZanderFox/
outwarddoodles
Custom Title: I'm here! What more do you want?

Post by outwarddoodles »

I think it's a great idea.

I'm surprised no Pack Members here have offered the idea of creating new artwork for this.

(Also, the poem is amazing.)
"We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream."
Berserker
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Berserker »

Here at the University, which is enormous, every quarter mile or so one can find a bulletin board with random stuff that people post up. There's maybe 7-8 of these boards scattered around. So I was thinking near the time for one of the events I mentioned, I could sneak about posting flyers promoting this site. There are 35,000 students here.

I'm definitely interested in new artwork for a flyer, but something reserved that doesn't overtly blast people. So that people will see it and think "whoa, that's kind of interesting" rather than "eww goths/furries/pagans/metalheads" or whatever other preconceptions certain pieces of artwork can evoke. (Whether I achieved that with my original idea is a different matter.)

:D
Berserker
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Berserker »

Ok, it has been one year and this has gone nowhere. Now, The Wolf-Man and New Moon are coming out finally. I want to resurrect this project. I need help!
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

Post by Morkulv »

Well, I'd love to help you out. I have succesfully studied image-editing and photography so I am an experienced Photoshopper, and I work at a graphics department where I make flyers almost on a weekly basis.

So if you have any material for me to work with, and if you can give me a overview of what you want it to look like I'll make it for you.
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Sevena

Post by Sevena »

if you really want to use the piece you posted then you could remake it and make it yours.in some parts of the states there is snow almost all year round, you could make your own wolf prints in snow with some greenery ,take a pic and change the color and contrast/brightness ect, and have your own version of it.would be really easy to do,if you have snow near you or have a fellow pack member willing to help.just an idea if you have to have that pic anyway. :)