Werewolf-themed Halloween party. Your input.

The place for anything at all...
Berserker
Legendary
Legendary

Werewolf-themed Halloween party. Your input.

Post by Berserker »

Sooo this Halloween I was thinking about throwing a theme party with some friends.

There will be between 10-15 people. Everyone at the party likes Halloween and thinks werewolves are cool (but not on an obsessive level.) It's an eclectic group of girls and guys. Some of us like gory horror, while others prefer more reserved and/or PG-13-rated fair.

For a specifically Werewolf-themed Halloween party, what do you guys think would be just awesome?

What movies would you play?
What decorations would you put up to fit the theme?
What food/drinks would you serve?
What would be your ideal party soundtrack?
What activities/board games/etc. would you promote?

Help me design my Werewolf party!
lunarwolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Trying to run free
Additional Details: I look beyond the line of what a lot people call FACTS.... Because just because it's name MYTH..... Does not mean it does not exist.

Re: Werewolf-themed Halloween party. Your input.

Post by lunarwolf »

Just brainstorming here but how about howling cd hwlwnk not for the whole time but for about 2 min or so.. But i know some werewolf songs. Like werewolves of lodon by warren zevon. Anyway is that one okay or no.
Umm the gore thing is a bit of tough one i mean these days when it comes to werewolves and gore well... It's a bit messy. I know a game but it's not your avg borad game it's a role playing game called the forsaken. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hosts_(World_of_Darkness) this site will explain it if your interested. Now the theme for decoration's depends on how much gore you want. But if you want it on a minmal scale you can have ember eyes peering through a window and with the gore a bloody handprint or paw prints on the window or simple as little bit of blood on the bottom of the window that looks like it leads outside. Or dirty footprints turns into paw prints that leads to a door. Fog outside...uummm...how about a light that makes a show shaped like a wolf.. Umm. You can scare your friends with a wolf mask or a loud sudden chilling howl. Now if you want gore try that window trick with a bloody severed hand on the other side of the window. Food that looks like raw meat... Eye balls inside the punch. Now i forgot to mention get some clothes you don't care for or hate and take some scissors and cut about a couple of big scratch marks wear them or rip them apart and place them next to the prints. Uuumm i thinks of more stuff soon. :?
The truth...ha...why does it matter to you? You really don't want to know the truths I know....
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Post by RedEye »

I'm moving this to the General Stuff section, since it isn't about the forum's title; "What should a Werewolf be?"

..Even though we all know that Werewolves are Party Animals... :party:
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

Serve sashimi and sushi! It's a bit pricy, but it's raw meat, and it's socially acceptable, even endorsed by elite society. Of course, enough sushi for more than a slight curiosity hors d'ouvre could easily run into the $100+ range, so, maybe not. But, it's a thought.

Live MST3King of a movie: This actually works better with a smaller party, three to five people. You watch a crappy movie and make wisecracks and comments all the way through. It's not hard finding a bad werewolf movie. (Indeed, it's a lot harder finding one that isn't.) But, with ten to fifteen people, getting everyone engaged and not all talking at once becomes exponentially more difficult, so this might be better for the wind-down if you anticpate having a few stragglers staying over late afterward. (and aren't planning on shoving them out the door)

Party soundtrack: music is very much the mood setter, and is one of the most powerful ways of setting mood cues, whether you want a lively and active dancing and letting go event or a more mellow social gathering. If the former, make sure your house, apartment, or other location is sound-buffered or relatively isolated; nothing spoils the fun like having officers pulling up, responding to noise complaints. Note also that music that is loud or distracting can make conversations hard to hear, thus undermining one major reason for partying--social interaction. One also may wish to consider the tastes of everyone coming; not everyone may share one's appreciation for death metal, even if those unintelligible gargling noises that presumably are lyrics happen to be about the thrill of shifting. Then again, if they're all metal heads, then crank it up and carry on. The inventions of iPods, PCs (and Macs) with playlists, and other digital music devices make it now possible to put together beforehand hours or even days worth of music beforehand, so that you can press "play" and go, rather than having to DJ every twenty minutes or so or have to put up with traffic reports and commercials for election campaigns between songs.

I know, pretty non-specific, but this is off the top of my head.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
lunarwolf
Legendary
Legendary
Additional Details: I look beyond the line of what a lot people call FACTS.... Because just because it's name MYTH..... Does not mean it does not exist.

Post by lunarwolf »

dang Scott now thats some good advice, and i agree about the music.. So what does the majority of your friends like for music anyway?
The truth...ha...why does it matter to you? You really don't want to know the truths I know....
Midnight
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Midnight »

There's a party game called "Werewolf" (no, not the role-playing game). Some info about it is here: http://www.eblong.com/zarf/werewolf.html . No, I've never played it myself (by the time the game made it to this country the only party games I played generally involved glasses) but it's quite well-known.

As for movies... my suggestion would be Dog Soldiers. It's not so bad that it invites mockery and any really gory bits are defused with humour.
lunarwolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by lunarwolf »

like the game how you find it, with google?
Last edited by lunarwolf on Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Noir-Okami
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Troper
Mood: Excited

Post by Noir-Okami »

Music/soundtrack: Werewolves of London (Warren Zevon version), wolves howling hwlwnk

Movies: The Howling, American Werewolf in London, Teen Wolf (to laugh at) {Odd, I've only been able to see bits of The Howling; I've not been able to see American Werewolf in London, but it's supposed to be good; Teen Wolf- seen most of it, but not all at once and it is stupid enough to laugh at.} :lol:

Food: Chocolate, Meats, Candy, and (by the looks of this forum) Pocky :pocky:

Decorations: Wolf pictures/art/paintings

Drinks: Red cool aid, water, something with caffine :cafinated: :lol:

Games: Hide and Seek (at night, outside) :howl:  :oo
I'm working on a werewolf novel, while liking to stay up late at night and going to college. I'm going to be sleep-deprived when this is all said and done. :sleepy:

Anthony Brownrigg, I hope you have the best of luck with Freeborn. RedEye, I also wish you the best of luck with Wulfen Blood. And for a bit of luck for both of you... :ducktoss3: