The place for anything at all...
Noir-Okami
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Troper
Mood: Excited

Duckies?

Post by Noir-Okami »

I'm sorry about that last thread I started. I really should've known better than to talk about politics around the end of an election. :( I hope this is not going to end so badly.

Why does The Pack use duckes in some of the wolf emoticons? :ducktoss2: :ducktoss3: :pacwolf: :bounce: :pingpong: :explode2: :eatduckie2: :wetwolf8: :badminton: :duckylook: :duckieinmouth: :tongue: :duckiemind: :dizzy: :wereduck: :eatfish: :pupduckling:
I'm working on a werewolf novel, while liking to stay up late at night and going to college. I'm going to be sleep-deprived when this is all said and done. :sleepy:

Anthony Brownrigg, I hope you have the best of luck with Freeborn. RedEye, I also wish you the best of luck with Wulfen Blood. And for a bit of luck for both of you... :ducktoss3:
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Re: Duckies?

Post by RedEye »

Ask Figarou. He started it. We adopted it. That's "Why".
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
Noir-Okami
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Noir-Okami »

Thanks for the tip. :bounce:
I'm working on a werewolf novel, while liking to stay up late at night and going to college. I'm going to be sleep-deprived when this is all said and done. :sleepy:

Anthony Brownrigg, I hope you have the best of luck with Freeborn. RedEye, I also wish you the best of luck with Wulfen Blood. And for a bit of luck for both of you... :ducktoss3:
Baphnedia

Post by Baphnedia »

Who knows - asking him might get him active again. I tend to throw really big duckies, and Fig deserves to be hit by more than a couple of 'em.
Everyday should be Towel Day.
Sekrit Identity: What?
Paradice Games: .com, Forums & Facebook
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The one and only were-jaguarundi!

Post by PariahPoet »

*knows the story but would rather Fig come in to tell it*
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

Well, Figarou was a large part of it since he made many of the emoticons, but the origin of the duck in the Pack is twofold.

On one hand, we had a thread asking what we, the members of the Pack, should be referred to. Obviously we've since reached a consensus on that, but it was brought up in jest (sorry, I can't remember by whom) that we could be called "Crazies" or "Duckies."

Around the same time, we had another thread talking about how werewolves could function undetected, and when asked how they could indicate to other werewolves that their house is a safe place to stay, I suggested that they could put something "innocent yet indicative" in the window, and I quote: "like maybe a rubber duck."

So those are the origins of the rubber duck. Figarou, however, was the one that started the duck-tossing thing. That's why a lot of the duck-related emoticons at the beginning of the list involve the :) getting hit on the head with rubber ducks.

Finally, Anthony Brownrigg confirmed that homage would be payed to the Pack, not only by using the rubber duck safe house marker, but by including a scene in the script where said marker is picked up and thrown at someone. That, I believe, is what finalized the rubber duck as the symbol of the Pack, and when all the other non-throwing duckicons came into being.

:duckie :D
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets
Mood: Indifferent

Post by MoonKit »

So, if the movie is ever made, we all better run out and plant rubber ducks on our porch for a month before. :D
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend
Noir-Okami
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Noir-Okami »

I should put that into something I'm writing. :bounce:

Moonwatcher
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Guardian
Mood: Sad

Post by Moonwatcher »

Ask Fig he made it
Humans Fear The Beast Within the Wolf Because
They Do Not Understand the beast Within Themselves
Moss27
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Moon Hunter
Mood: Bored

Post by Moss27 »

http://i480.photobucket.com/albums/rr16 ... t_duck.jpg

Hehe.... I took this for photography class. I had to frame in a subject, and my friend brought in a lot of rubber duckies.
"I didn't do my homework, so why am I in trouble for something I didn't do?"
Baphnedia

Post by Baphnedia »

I'm xposting this to my little photography forum! :P
Everyday should be Towel Day.
Sekrit Identity: What?
Paradice Games: .com, Forums & Facebook
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MoonKit »

Moss27 wrote:http://i480.photobucket.com/albums/rr16 ... t_duck.jpg

Hehe.... I took this for photography class. I had to frame in a subject, and my friend brought in a lot of rubber duckies.
I like how the duck blends in so well. He almost looks like a leaf too.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Terastas has explained the story correctly. The rubber duck is one of several items he mentioned to be a "safe house" marker.

I wanted the ducky to stay as part of the Pack forum. So I started the tossing the ducky craze. It helped. But it wasn't enough. So I started editing the wolf emoticons and added duckies to them!! Heh!! I had SOOOO much fun making them!!
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

and since that day no one has been safe from a good pelting....
"Nam Sibyllam quidem Cumis ego ipse oculis meis vidi in ampulla pendere et cul illi pueri dicerent 'Sibylla Ti cupisne' respondebat illa 'Cupio mortere'."

-Satyricon
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Fenrir wrote:and since that day no one has been safe from a good pelting....
But you, my friend, is special!! You get to be crowned with.......

THE SHOWER CAP!! :showercap:

LOL!!!
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

I was actually going to put that comment in there but decided against it...... I guess my hopes that you forgot that are missplaced :lol:
"Nam Sibyllam quidem Cumis ego ipse oculis meis vidi in ampulla pendere et cul illi pueri dicerent 'Sibylla Ti cupisne' respondebat illa 'Cupio mortere'."

-Satyricon
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Fenrir wrote:I was actually going to put that comment in there but decided against it...... I guess my hopes that you forgot that are missplaced :lol:

Me? Forget? Are you kidding? I'm having so much fun in this forum. How could I ever forget what goes on in this place. :grinp:
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MoonKit »

Figarou wrote:
Fenrir wrote:I was actually going to put that comment in there but decided against it...... I guess my hopes that you forgot that are missplaced :lol:

Me? Forget? Are you kidding? I'm having so much fun in this forum. How could I ever forget what goes on in this place. :grinp:
The memory of an elephant...
Noir-Okami
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Noir-Okami »

It is a lot of fun to mess around with the duckies. :)

I got a real ducky a little while ago. My brother keeps throwing it at me, even though he doesn't get what the duckie means. This is because he only knows that I'm on a site where there are duckies. :lol:

lycanthropeful
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Werewolf Wannabe
Mood: Ruthless

Post by lycanthropeful »

Oh my God... maybe that's why one of my best friends keeps a huge rubber ducky on the back ledge of his car... he's a werewolf fan, too. Haha. He has a bunch or rubber duckies and they aren't related to anything else of his!

:duckie
SaxGirl1010 @ deviantART
Art commissions are currently OPEN! Click HERE!
Vengeance, my werewolf novel: ON SALE NOW!
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Post by RedEye »

We may have started something in the Werewolf community. :lol:

It's all Figarou's fault!!! :roflmao:
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

RedEye wrote:We may have started something in the Werewolf community. :lol:

:lol:

Having duckies as part of a werewolf forum was tricky. Ya'll know that topics and ideas can die. So that means tossing duckies in text format was not enough. You know.....like..... *tosses duckie at Redeye*

Heck...having the name "duckies" instead of "The Pack" was just a joke. Soon to be forgotten if I didn't keep the spirit alive. That's why I made those wolf emoticons with duckies. It'll always be part of the forum!! It's kinda funny to see a newbie a bit confused as to why duckies are part of a werewolf forum. :grinp:

Seeing the Pack symbol outside of this forum is one thing. But to see a werewolf fan with a duckie is an accomplishment I can be proud of!!

:jester2:
lycanthropeful
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Werewolf Wannabe
Mood: Ruthless

Post by lycanthropeful »

I'm certain that my friend has no idea about this website (though I could probably introduce him), and I like to think that he's a more casual werewolf fan than I am, but he LOVES rubber duckies. Who would've guessed?

And yeah, as a newbie, I was dreadfully confused about the duckies... my first thought was, "Wouldn't the wolves eat the duckies? I mean, they're so tiny and helpless!" But I'm glad I know now! :Duckietoss:
SaxGirl1010 @ deviantART
Art commissions are currently OPEN! Click HERE!
Vengeance, my werewolf novel: ON SALE NOW!
Vagrant
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Prolific Procrastinator

Post by Vagrant »

I think the duckies are grand, too. It's a meme I'm really glad you started, Fig. Every forum should have some silly, fun, signature element, and the duckie is the one that belongs to this forum and no other. That's our meme, and to be honest, it's far more entertaining and unique than most.

The duckies were one of the really iconic things about the Pack that I'd always remembered, and I hope they're always here. The hard-hats were simply my way of paying homage, I wanted to get in on the fun! Speaking of which, I have a thread to create later...
Noir-Okami
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Noir-Okami »

lycanthropeful wrote:Oh my God... maybe that's why one of my best friends keeps a huge rubber ducky on the back ledge of his car... he's a werewolf fan, too. Haha. He has a bunch or rubber duckies and they aren't related to anything else of his!

:duckie
Good for him, then. :duckieinmouth:
Figarou wrote:
RedEye wrote:We may have started something in the Werewolf community. :lol:

:lol:

Having duckies as part of a werewolf forum was tricky. Ya'll know that topics and ideas can die. So that means tossing duckies in text format was not enough. You know.....like..... *tosses duckie at Redeye*

Heck...having the name "duckies" instead of "The Pack" was just a joke. Soon to be forgotten if I didn't keep the spirit alive. That's why I made those wolf emoticons with duckies. It'll always be part of the forum!! It's kinda funny to see a newbie a bit confused as to why duckies are part of a werewolf forum. :grinp:

Seeing the Pack symbol outside of this forum is one thing. But to see a werewolf fan with a duckie is an accomplishment I can be proud of!!

:jester2:
True, otherwise it'd look boring.

I'll admit that it didn't make any sense.