Has it been 4 years?

The place for anything at all...
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Has it been 4 years?

Post by Figarou »

Wow! Time sure flies, doesn't it?

1st of all...I've been WAY to busy at my new job. (I'm no longer with Exxon.) I'm hauling gasoline for a different company. Since the price of gasoline has gone down, lots of people can afford to "fill up." Which means more gasoline to haul. I haven't had a chance to visit this forum as often. :(

Ok...this forum is 4 years old as of yesterday, the 22nd. That's when Calypso-blue placed this forum online. I remember what I was doing that day. I was surfing the net looking for werewolf figures. You see, I was part of the Stan Winston forum with several other werewolf fans. They were into werewolf figures as well. Some of them joined this very forum. Alpha is one of them!!

4 years ago....I came across a post at http://www.werewolf.com from Calypso-Blue. He announced this forum and his plans for a werewolf movie. COOL!! I clicked on the link...but found no posts. I'm like... "HUH?" "Where are the members?" "All I see is Calypso Blue." I decided to wait a bit before joining to see if the forum "takes off." I joined on the 28th of Nov, 2004.

Since day one...I've been goofing off in this place. (I'm surprised I wasn't banned for doing so.) That's how the tossing of the ducky was born!! I also made wolf emoticons to keep the "tossing of the ducky spirit" alive!! :grinp: Heh... *evil grin*

I also gave my input on "What should a werewolf be." Some of my input turned out to be very useful. I know cause it ended up in the script!!

Anywho..I'm glad this place is still around after 4 years. I just hope Freeborn comes out soon. I'll be surprised if we have to wait another 4 years just to see it!!

Happy "PACK" anniversary ya'll!!!!
outwarddoodles
Custom Title: I'm here! What more do you want?

Re: Has it been 4 years?

Post by outwarddoodles »

(Woo! Fig Lives!)

Happy PACKiversary!!

:howl:  :oo :howl:  :oo :howl:  :oo :howl:  :oo

Sometimes I can't believe how much time I've spent here myself.
"We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream."
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Disappointed

Post by Teh_DarkJokerWolf »

Heya Fig!! Sure missed you :( It has been that long, wow, probably the only forum I have been this active on. I love this place even if it has slowed down quite abit :jester: I am glad you still have work though fig :jester: Happy PACKiversary :howl:  :oo :howl:  :oo :howl:  :oo hwlwnk hwlwnk hwlwnk
Kaebora
Custom Title: Werehare In Disguise
Mood: RAR!

Post by Kaebora »

Weeeeeee! 4th Anniversary Awesomesauce! :party:

Hopefully we'll also see you pop in like this a bit more often Fig. :)
Lurking softly, reading your posts, loving your ideas...
-Kaebora
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

Yes, it has been four years. I was still in college, and my brother and I didn't have an absolute murderous hatred for each other at the time.

Seems like it's been a lot longer since with that in mind.

Like you, I got my first exposure by somebody else posting the "producers looking for input" link at Furtopia. If you look at the list of users arranged according to when we registered, there's one Furtopian ahead of me (SportyFox) who beat me to it. :grinp: Seems like it's been forever since I frequented Furtopia too.

Happy Aniweresary everybody.
:party:
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Terastas wrote:
Like you, I got my first exposure by somebody else posting the "producers looking for input" link at Furtopia. If you look at the list of users arranged according to when we registered, there's one Furtopian ahead of me (SportyFox) who beat me to it. :grinp: Seems like it's been forever since I frequented Furtopia too.

I could've been in the #2 spot. But I wasn't sure what I was getting myself into. That's why I decided to wait a bit before joining.
Xiroteus
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Happy

Post by Xiroteus »

Happy forth to everyone.

I am on day 876. :D

(only because I did not know this place existed until then.)
Baphnedia

Post by Baphnedia »

It's been 4 years! Fig, good to see ya again. I threw up a post in Paradice about duckies and dragon emoticons, but know that you're busy and the like. (in Paradice, which is almost as old as The Pack, we have many wolf smilies that were borrowed from here plus a number of dragons..)

Four years ago.. I have no clue what I was doing. As long as I have no clue what I'm doing now, that's probably a good thing.
Everyday should be Towel Day.
Sekrit Identity: What?
Paradice Games: .com, Forums & Facebook
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Baphnedia wrote:It's been 4 years! Fig, good to see ya again. I threw up a post in Paradice about duckies and dragon emoticons, but know that you're busy and the like. (in Paradice, which is almost as old as The Pack, we have many wolf smilies that were borrowed from here plus a number of dragons..)

Four years ago.. I have no clue what I was doing. As long as I have no clue what I'm doing now, that's probably a good thing.

Hmmm *goes to Paradice forum to look at post*

You know. The thought HAS cross my mind. But instead of making an emoticon...I asked Silverclaw to draw a duckie stuck in my dragon's horn.

Its here. http://pedestrianwolf.deviantart.com/ar ... e-73505422

I wish I can go back and make more dragon emoticons. But I'm WAY to busy now. I'm PROUD to have made the ones you are using now. I put so much effort into them.
Baphnedia

Post by Baphnedia »

Oh, in case the other forum behave oddly, it just so happens that Lupin is in the middle of an upgrade. So expect the unexpected. Thanks Fig! Image
Midnight
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Midnight »

Last edited by Midnight on Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vagrant
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Prolific Procrastinator

Post by Vagrant »

And the Pack sees its fourth anniversary, pleasing that is, too.

I can't remember how long I've been lurking around these boards, but I remember when I first came here and having thought what a fantastic (in the literal sense of the word) place it was. I enjoyed it twofold, in that there were some wonderfully colourful and clever individuals here, genius and friendly to wit, and the creativity was e'er flowing whether the topics were about weres or not.

I still have fond memories of my first wander about these boards, the first thing I did was trawling through the threads in the "What should a werewolf be?" subforum. They were generally well conceived, and brimming with things I hadn't considered, it was fun to just let them percolate and intermingle with my own ideas of lycanthropy. It was the interesting company that kept me around though, and even eventually had me chime in.

Happy Anniversary, Pack. And I hope this board will see many more.
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Post by RedEye »

It has been a while. I can't claim four years, but the time I've been here has been very good.
It was reading this board that I decided to dust off an old handwritten story idea...called Wulfen Blood.
Now, I'm in the third novel and have several short stories and novellas done as well. This place has been good to me.
Four years... Back then, I was working on a Physics document, doing a reading for the writer. Physics is dull, dull stuff; unless you're like me.
Then it's almost X-rated.
Maybe I need to get out more... :lol:
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
Noir-Okami
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Troper
Mood: Excited

Post by Noir-Okami »

It's really that old?

Happy belated birthday.
:party: :party: :party: :party:
I'm working on a werewolf novel, while liking to stay up late at night and going to college. I'm going to be sleep-deprived when this is all said and done. :sleepy:

Anthony Brownrigg, I hope you have the best of luck with Freeborn. RedEye, I also wish you the best of luck with Wulfen Blood. And for a bit of luck for both of you... :ducktoss3:
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

It's really that old....I first came here as a freshmen in high school now I'm a freshmen in college.... so it's sorta been a while :lol:
"Nam Sibyllam quidem Cumis ego ipse oculis meis vidi in ampulla pendere et cul illi pueri dicerent 'Sibylla Ti cupisne' respondebat illa 'Cupio mortere'."

-Satyricon
Midnight
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Midnight »

Last edited by Midnight on Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vagrant
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Prolific Procrastinator

Post by Vagrant »

Oh dear, that was wonderful.

On the downside, I'm probably going to end up bursting out randomly laughing at least once today, especially if anyone mentions physics. It's sometimes unfunny how memory works.
Kzinistzerg
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kzinistzerg »

Wow, I missed this thread. I've been here 3 1/2 years and loved every moment of it!

Whoo PACK!

:D
Silverclaw

Post by Silverclaw »

Happy Belated B-Day Pack!
:howl:  :oo :howl:  :oo :howl:  :oo :howl:  :oo :howl:  :oo :howl:  :oo :howl:  :oo
:party: :party: :party: :femshft :shift: 8) :duckie :ducktoss2: :biteme: :coolshift: :innocent: :bounce: :saiyenwolf: :badminton2: :lovebone: :headbanger: :thumbsup: :meat: :grinwiggle: :wacko: :allears: :duckylook: :queen: :king: :wolfsheepclothing: :skullmask: :eatfish: :reflect: :dizzy: :beerwolf: :pupduckling: :wereduck: :imking: :bombzom:

Heh.
It really doesn't feel like 4 years went by already.
I joined here about a week or so when this place first opened up. It was 'Building the Ultimate Werewolf' for the direct-to-dvd movie "Devoured" then. Good times :D I remember it was the first week or two I joined and I kept thinking about what to discuss next about werewolves during Thanksgiving. lol
We have to do something special for The Packs 5th anniversary! :)
Baphnedia

Post by Baphnedia »

Indeed Silverclaw! For the 5th anniversary, I'm wondering what sorts of things we can do... hmm...
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh

Post by RedEye »

Uhhh-Oh... The Dragon's thinking...
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
Baphnedia

Post by Baphnedia »

RedEye wrote:Uhhh-Oh... The Dragon's thinking...
ow the pain! The Pain! Make it stop!! Image
Manufacturer's notice:
(US Army issue dragons are paid to do, not to think. To prevent these kinds of malfunctions, do not let it think, inquire, innovate or educate.)
Midnight
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Midnight »

Last edited by Midnight on Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lycanthrope
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lycanthrope »

*Sneaks in*
:party:
*Sneaks out*
Gevaudan
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Music Lover
Additional Details: Find me under my new username @RhyeRhythm on Twitter, Telegram, FurAffinity, Weasyl, and Furry Network!
Mood: Happy

Post by Gevaudan »

I joined this forum almost a year ago, and back then I had no idea of the history of this place. I was just perusing the internet, looking up werewolf stuff, and I eventually found the Pack. I was naive, shy, and close-minded. I thought that this movie would revolutionize the way the world saw werewolves, and I wanted to hop on the bandwagon. Of course, this forum gave me far greater insight into what a werewolf could be, as well as anticipation for a new werewolf movie, but what I discovered underneath was something much more fantastic.

I had found a forum where a small group of ordinary people could spill their interests and pursue their goals. At the time, I had never before seen such open-minded friendliness. It was novel and intriguing to me. I gradually tiptoed my way around, quietly learning the intricate workings of the forum. I became acquainted with people I have never even talked to purely through observation. I did talk on occasion, but never more than needed. I discovered that the world was much, much larger than my own little fantasy world.

This forum has helped me mature into an open-minded, bolder young person, who thinks before he acts. The Pack has helped me to exactly formulate my beliefs, and it has given me the confidence to face the outside world and go, "Hey! I may be different, but I DON'T CARE!"

:cry: Makes me wanna cry a little bit, in joy.

So for Thanksgiving, I humbly thank the Pack for making me a better person. I truly, deeply thank you guys from the bottom of my heart.

*gives the Pack a GIGANTIC 4th anniversary hug* :P :lol: :P

Happy 4th PACKiversary!!!
And everything under the sun is in tune, but the sun is eclipsed by the moon.

Find me under my new username @RhyeRhythm on Twitter, Telegram, FurAffinity, Weasyl, and Furry Network!