Dragons!

The place for anything at all...
Wingman
Game Master
Game Master
Custom Title: Dastardly ne'er-do-well in search of a lickspittle

Re: Dragons!

Post by Wingman »

And now I'm thinking about dragons...and Chinatown, and that I do need something both suitably impressive and indicative of faded glory. Not too cliche I hope, having a dragon hiding out in chinatown with those few that still believe in it?
http://stevebot-7.deviantart.com/
Quod sumus hoc eritis

Aspirant writer-artist.
Sebiale
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Meh...

Post by Sebiale »

@OP
My interest with dragons only increased over time. I have a WIP that involves an evil dragon beating the S$!* out of an army of good guys.

My penultimate dragon is the more western style, quadrupedal, big, scaled, manes if they can manage, and big wings, and can't forget some sort of breath weapon.
We do not stop being children when we learn of death, we stop being children when we make peace with it.
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

Berserker wrote:One of the most profound comments on immortality is quoted from Shadow of the Vampire:

"Dracula hasn't had servants in 400 years and then a man comes to his ancestral home, and he must convince him that he... that he is like the man. He has to feed him, when he himself hasn't eaten food in centuries. Can he even remember how to buy bread? How to select cheese and wine? And then he remembers the rest of it. How to prepare a meal, how to make a bed. He remembers his first glory, his armies, his retainers, and what he is reduced to. The loneliest part of the book comes... when the man accidentally sees Dracula setting his table."

I could see this as a dragon's loneliness. Not that he outlives everyone he loves, but that he outlives life itself, that he is too powerful for life itself.
Stumbled upon a dragon interactive story a couple of days ago, and while they don't give you an option as to whether or not your dragon kidnaps a princess, it does let you decide why, and one of the possible reasons is to say that dragons get bored and occasionally kidnap princesses because they're more likely to be educated; more capable of telling the dragon about how history has progressed since the last time he checked.

Read that and immediately thought of the above quoted material. Long life + big brain = stupidity-inducing boredom.
Last edited by Terastas on Tue May 04, 2010 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Thought I'd show you guys my poker dragon figure collection.

There is 16 pieces to this set. I'm still missing 2 pieces. I should get them in a couple of weeks.
Attachments
DSC00009.JPG
Sebiale
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Meh...

Post by Sebiale »

Figarou is alive! 0.0

Dare I ask why they're playing and what they're playing for?
We do not stop being children when we learn of death, we stop being children when we make peace with it.