Happiness Thread

The place for anything at all...
Wingman
Game Master
Game Master
Custom Title: Dastardly ne'er-do-well in search of a lickspittle

Re: Happiness Thread

Post by Wingman »

lycanthropeful wrote:I basically just told my parents something I've been trying to get off my chest for what feels like forever. Of course I exaggerated the severity of my confession (nowhere near "serious" like "I'm gay/pregnant/on drugs" etc., all those things kids think their parents will kill them for saying), but it still feels like a 16-ton weight is no longer on my shoulders.

So I'm pretty darn happy, despite my headache. :D
Revealed your addiction to cold turkey? :)

I suppose I'm happy..well, content anyways, that there's not really anything to make me unhappy. I wore a hole through a $9 pair of wool socks in just a couple days, so that was a little annoying, but aside from that I've been doing pretty good.
http://stevebot-7.deviantart.com/
Quod sumus hoc eritis

Aspirant writer-artist.
Irish Wolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Sneezy
Mood: Meh...
Location: If I told you...well let's just say it wouldn't be good

Post by Irish Wolf »

I found out the other day that i get my cast off on the 26th, so i'm super glad about that! :D
Irish Wolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Sneezy
Location: If I told you...well let's just say it wouldn't be good

Post by Irish Wolf »

Ha it's me again! :D AND......IT'S SNOWING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: It never snows where i live....maybe once a year....twice if we're lucky....snowing a lot or sticking to the ground nearly unheard of
Whisperwind
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Whisperwind »

i'm happy cause i've been watching movies all night long, and i have a ton of new recipes to try out from a spiffy magazine my mom picked up for me!

*itches to get cookin'* ^_^
wolves and dragons? i'm on board! ImageImageImage
Noir-Okami
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Troper
Mood: Excited

Post by Noir-Okami »

Finally understanding Geometry. :D
I'm working on a werewolf novel, while liking to stay up late at night and going to college. I'm going to be sleep-deprived when this is all said and done. :sleepy:

Anthony Brownrigg, I hope you have the best of luck with Freeborn. RedEye, I also wish you the best of luck with Wulfen Blood. And for a bit of luck for both of you... :ducktoss3:
lycanthropeful
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Werewolf Wannabe
Mood: Ruthless

Post by lycanthropeful »

Well, I just got a bid for the sorority I want to join (it's a sorority, yeah, but not like "let's haze you and go get wasted!" - it's a service sorority that promotes music, and it's anti-hazing/alcohol anyway). The sisters showed up at my dorm tonight and scared the crap out of me! It was really cute, though.

I also should have a pretty great weekend. Tomorrow is my last day of work until next Wednesday, I only have a tiny bit of homework (I have more laundry to do than homework, actually!), and my roommate is home until Monday, so I'll be alone for a while. Plus, I might be switching my major to a different department, so I hope to get some more information this week.

Yay for being happy again!
SaxGirl1010 @ deviantART
Art commissions are currently OPEN! Click HERE!
Vengeance, my werewolf novel: ON SALE NOW!
Celestialwolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Werewolf at Heart
Additional Details: Used to be Lazywolf

Post by Celestialwolf »

I have three operating systems installed now: Windows Vista, Windows 7 Beta, and Ubuntu Linux 8.4. Wheee! :lol:

I also reinstalled grub to the MBR so I can actually access Ubuntu again! Wheee! :roll: :wink:
Founder, Werewolves At Heart group.
--
My DeviantArt profile and Character Sheet
W'rkncacnter
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Hard to Pronounce

Post by W'rkncacnter »

I just completed an online quiz for my chemistry class. These quizzes are notoriously hard; if your answer is not exact, you lose the question completely-no partial credit. Also, the quizzes have very complicated questions; each one may require several minutes of work.

And I aced it. Hoo-ah! (think Al Pacino's catchphrase from The Scent of a Woman)
What can create a new system, or destroy an old one? What can change the lives of everyone who touches it? What can strengthen the whole world, or shake it to its very roots? What can create whole nations, and change the course of history?

An idea.

-Unknown
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh

Post by RedEye »

My 'fridge died Monday. Had a new one delivered Tuesday. :|

DOA> It no get cold! Wait 24 hours to be sure. :(

Weds: Tech came out and checked the thing out, and the coils were damaged in shipping. No Freon; my Freon got free and not Freezing! :x

Thurs: Went to the store, and got the Royal Treatment. New Fridge, better model; plus a $100.00 store charge card to use for what I want. :D

Fri:Waiting. My perishables are in a neighbor's fridge. She's cute and she has pointed ears!* One of my own fans is virtually next door, and did I mention she's cute? :D

Sat: Sometime, my new upgrade Fridge arrives. I hope I'm home when it does, cause tonight my neighbor is fixing me dinner...and dessert... :wink:

*Denotes Wulfen series reader, and damn, but she is good looking! :D
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
WerewolfKeeper3
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Darkness Surrounds me, Chaos commands me, and i see what others cannot
Mood: Relief

Post by WerewolfKeeper3 »

RedEye wrote:My 'fridge died Monday. Had a new one delivered Tuesday. :|

DOA> It no get cold! Wait 24 hours to be sure. :(

Weds: Tech came out and checked the thing out, and the coils were damaged in shipping. No Freon; my Freon got free and not Freezing! :x

Thurs: Went to the store, and got the Royal Treatment. New Fridge, better model; plus a $100.00 store charge card to use for what I want. :D

Fri:Waiting. My perishables are in a neighbor's fridge. She's cute and she has pointed ears!* One of my own fans is virtually next door, and did I mention she's cute? :D

Sat: Sometime, my new upgrade Fridge arrives. I hope I'm home when it does, cause tonight my neighbor is fixing me dinner...and dessert... :wink:

*Denotes Wulfen series reader, and damn, but she is good looking! :D
{Jaw Drop, Blink} Wow...
( :howl:  :oo Pardon me for a moment but: Go RedEye, go RedEye, go RedEye...)
No what you have are bullets in the hope that when your guns are empty I'm no longer standing. Because if I am, you'll all be before you've reloaded.
V, from V for Vendetta.

What a strange creature is man, that he cages himself so willingly?
-Athena from Appleseed (2004)
Vagrant
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Prolific Procrastinator

Post by Vagrant »

Life's been good to me, lately.

I recently got a box of American candy, which I detailed my reactions to in the #pack chat, and it really was an experience. Being a UK person I've never had US candy, and I think I was on a sugar rush for the rest of the day, I probably still am.

One of my prints came back, I now have a really huge, framed version of Howlz' face-maul picture.

My Western Digital Passport arrived, so I could finally get to backing up again (without having to resort to DVDs), and this lead me to take a chance on something--I installed Windows 7. It actually gets better scores in 3DMark than I did with either XP or Vista, that made me very happy since my Windows laptop is my gaming machine.

There have been other things too, but they wouldn't be appropriate to list here--at least not yet.

So I'm happy too! Rejoice!

...but then, I'm almost always happy.

It doesn't mean much that I'm happy then.

But I'm more happy, happier, more happier...
Noir-Okami
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Troper
Mood: Excited

Post by Noir-Okami »

My special order finally came to Borders. I'm going to pick it up soon. :D
I'm working on a werewolf novel, while liking to stay up late at night and going to college. I'm going to be sleep-deprived when this is all said and done. :sleepy:

Anthony Brownrigg, I hope you have the best of luck with Freeborn. RedEye, I also wish you the best of luck with Wulfen Blood. And for a bit of luck for both of you... :ducktoss3:
outwarddoodles
Custom Title: I'm here! What more do you want?

Post by outwarddoodles »

I got four out of five days of school off last week.

And right now I'm enjoying ANOTHER snow day.

I'm starting to believe I should no longer expect a Spring Break...
"We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream."
W'rkncacnter
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Hard to Pronounce

Post by W'rkncacnter »

For those of you who play company of heroes, this is impressive.

I joined a 2v2 match as the Wehrmacht. 5 seconds in, my ally is kicked/drops (I don't know) and is replaced by an AI which does very little except harass the two enemy players I'm now up against (which it does very poorly). I nearly get my arse handed to me; I managed to destroy their bases and win the game with just two-count 'em, 2-victory points to spare.

This is the narrowest victory I have had in ANY strategy game I have ever played. I'm gonna be grinning all night.
What can create a new system, or destroy an old one? What can change the lives of everyone who touches it? What can strengthen the whole world, or shake it to its very roots? What can create whole nations, and change the course of history?

An idea.

-Unknown
Whisperwind
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Whisperwind »

its probably from sheer exhaustion combined with cold medicine, but i was in a bad mood after an argument with my dad and this stupid video cracked me up:

warning: definitely not for those of you who dont like repetitive flash videos, a la "badger/mushroom/snake"

http://www.weebls-stuff.com/toons/Narwhals/
wolves and dragons? i'm on board! ImageImageImage
outwarddoodles

Post by outwarddoodles »

This thread really needs to be revived:

School's out at the end of next week for me! ohthankgod

And, I've lost 7 pounds this month simply be restricting my habitual snacking.
:D
Gevaudan
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Music Lover
Additional Details: Find me under my new username @RhyeRhythm on Twitter, Telegram, FurAffinity, Weasyl, and Furry Network!
Mood: Happy

Post by Gevaudan »

outwarddoodles wrote:This thread really needs to be revived:

Huzzah! I've got 7 days of school, then 3 days of exams, and then I'm outta there! :howl:  :oo
And everything under the sun is in tune, but the sun is eclipsed by the moon.

Find me under my new username @RhyeRhythm on Twitter, Telegram, FurAffinity, Weasyl, and Furry Network!
outwarddoodles

Post by outwarddoodles »

Gevaudan wrote:
outwarddoodles wrote:This thread really needs to be revived:

Huzzah! I've got 7 days of school, then 3 days of exams, and then I'm outta there! :howl:  :oo
Two days + 3 days of exams.

Although, we're only allowed out of school early on the last day.

This is going to be the longest week of my life. D :

*Is dreading her pre-calc exam....but then again; that's better left for another thread*
Silverclaw

Post by Silverclaw »

I got 2nd place for a Gorillaz fan contest!
http://www.bananazfilm.com/babelgumcompetition/

You had to submit a short video of 'going Bannanaz'. (the new Gorillaz documentury coming to dvd is called 'Bannanaz'). So I submited a part of my final project for it. :D
I'm really surprised I got 2nd place; I focus on all the mistakes I made.

Also school ended for me about a week ago. 8) I got 3 A's and one C. I'm happy about the C because it means I passed German 2 and I don't have to retake it. Hellz yeah!

:howl:  :oo

I'm also getting close to completeing a huge commision for a wedding. Its 38 pages long, I just need to finish inking 8 pages and then I'll add some color with Photoshop. I need to hurry, the due date is the 6th I believe. :|
I need to do that too. Congrats! :D
Berserker
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Berserker »

I visited the doggies for adoption at the pet store today. They make me so happy! They are sweet and love you and want to lick your face. I love to give them hugs. :D
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

:party: I'm employed! After eighteen miserable months without any form of income whatsoever, I've finally got something!

Specifically, I'll be writing about America's Got Talent for a website called Examiner.com. It's not much, but. . . Hey, it's something. And after a year-and-a-half without work, "something" is huge.

And, uh. . . I get payed based on the number of web hits my articles receive, so if you wanna' help a packmate out, all you have to do is click here and then have a look at my articles.

I've only made about fifty cents so far, but considering I've only been an examiner for three days and only written two articles (they're asking me to write 3-4 a week even in AGT's off-season), I'm content with my progress so far.
outwarddoodles

Post by outwarddoodles »

Terastas wrote:And, uh. . . I get payed based on the number of web hits my articles receive, so if you wanna' help a packmate out, all you have to do is click here and then have a look at my articles..
*clicky clicky*

Silverclaw: WOW! That's so awesome you won second place in such a contest. Congrats!
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Terastas »

outwarddoodles wrote:
Terastas wrote:And, uh. . . I get payed based on the number of web hits my articles receive, so if you wanna' help a packmate out, all you have to do is click here and then have a look at my articles..
*clicky clicky*
Thanks. Four more article views and I'll have made my first dollar (which isn't bad considering I've only been an examiner for less than a week and only have two articles about a show that isn't even in season yet). :grinp:

EDIT:
Just got my state ID in the mail today. Now I can buy beer and/or play the lottery (probably won't be doing either, but it still feels good to know that I could). :D
Baphnedia

Post by Baphnedia »

*clicky*

One thing that makes me happy is that we live in such a welfare state, that I am bringing more home in retirement, than I was earning in the Army (after getting turned down for Social Security I thought it wouldn't happen, but yay). So, I'm spending my time working on games and things of that sort (which is why I've been away from here and all but dead in IRC).
Everyday should be Towel Day.
Sekrit Identity: What?
Paradice Games: .com, Forums & Facebook
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Terastas »

I have to laugh at this. For the first two weeks writing for the Examiner, I've been averaging about a hundred hits a week. One of the projects I'd been working on for some time was three individual articles about each of the America's Got Talent judges, specifically discussing their strengths and their weaknesses. It got put on hold for so long because I was really struggling to come up with anything good to say about David Hasselhoff. . . Then I found a bunch of articles online describing how David went on an absolute tirade (which included threatening to headbutt Piers Morgan) after an act he voted no on got voted yes by the other two, and that just infuriated me to the point that I finally gave up on trying to find any pros for him and just wrote the article with all the cons I'd identified.

Yesterday, before I'd finished those three articles, I had 19 hits for the day. After I'd published them to the website, I ended the day with 111. Today I'm up to 118 (which puts me ahead of the Arts & Entertainment average and the National average so far for today), and it's not even noon! :lol: