The place for anything at all...
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets
Mood: Indifferent

Where Are They Now?

Post by MoonKit »

I was just skimming some old threads....what the heck happened to everybody? So many avatars I havent seen in so long.

Where's lupine and nachoboy and Anook? And Kirk? White Paw? Darth Canis? Short Tail? It's like everybody left.

And there's a lot of people who arent around as much like Fig, Vuldari, Lukas, Matt and Joker. (some of you are lurkers, I know)

Anybody know where everybody went? I know a couple of people left for good but I really dont remember who exactly said they were leaving and why.
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Re: Where Are They Now?

Post by Figarou »

Private
Last edited by Figarou on Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vagrant
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Prolific Procrastinator

Post by Vagrant »

I'll be wishing for the best, Fig. That's one thing about life that I hate, it's a wheel, and sometimes it just takes you down and grinds you into the dirt. You'll get out eventually, but it won't look like that'll happen until you do.

I don't envy you with what you've got to do though, and it's amazing how greedy people can be, even when they're close to you. And to have something else go wrong as well, it's just the icing on the cake. I'm glad you're not thinking of taking the fast way out though, because I, at least for one, would very much miss you. I've always thought well of you, Fig, and you deserve better than all this.

...oh, and get that leg problem looked at, if you can, eh?
Berserker
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Berserker »

Where's Scott Gardener? Haven't seen him around much.
Xiroteus
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Happy

Post by Xiroteus »

I have noticed for some time as well that many long time members are not posting as often.

Figarou - Sorry to hear about what you are going through, I hope for the best and that everything works out.
IndianaJones
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Anime/Furry/Disney Fanatic
Additional Details: I like transformations and humans being turned into animals, furries, and monsters.
Mood: Relief

Post by IndianaJones »

Figarou told me his story on the Wii. I felt really sad and I want to comfort him. But Fig didn't reply back, because he is in too much pain and he is depressed. I feel really sorry for him and his loss of his close beloved one. I know that feeling of losing a Mother....

Figarou, your body is in pain, because you filled with sadness and grief of your mother. That energy builds up in your body and causes you to feel something is hurting you. But it's not. It a common feeling of emotion. Don' worry about it. Suicide is not an option. I hope you will feel better soon. I think your mother's spirit will visit you sometime. Either it will be in your house or your other relatives' house. I am very sorry for your loss and I hope positive things will come to you for this New Year.

A lot of veteran pack members are not active, because they are busy with their lives or something is bothering them. Some may have forgotten about this website as well.
Disney/Disneyland fans and theme parks!
http://micechat.com/

http://steamcommunity.com/id/ZanderFox/
Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

Post by Silverclaw »

I know that Kirk, Z, and Anook left for good(unless they lurk). They had posts stating their reasons for leaving.
Not sure about the others. Gotta miss all the MIA members :( Maybe if there is any serious progress with Freeborn, we will see some of the old missing members come back :) If it ever gets made, I'm sure we will see a lot of old and new faces coming here

Fig- I'm really sorry to hear about that :( I hope things work out for you soon. Don't let other people get you down, and please, don't even seriously consider suicide :( Things will get better again. And have you talked to a doctor about your feet? Stress could be a factor, but I would get that checked out. Feel better! :howl:  :oo
*hugs*
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

I was in Yellowstone for the entire summer, which kept me away from a reliable internet connection, and prior to that I was on a 1 year hiatus.

Now ... well ... my interests just have not been very Werewolf Centric lately, and even those thoughts and projects that have been (like my pet-project "Oscar County") have not been things I've really wanted to discuss here, since most of my ideas I want to save until (if I ever do) I actually complete the story and write it out as a series of stories of comics. ... don't want to spoil any of the surprises, though the werewolves in the story are not really a focus, but more of a plot twist. (It's all really more about crazy characters and surreal situations).

Most of my Online time is spent on DeviantArt.com, where I check out other peoples awesome art, and daydream about making a StarFox themed Fan-Comic called "Lylat R&D", (which I've been dreaming up simultaneously as "Oscar County").

I lurk and comment occasionally here ... but on the most part, I consider DA my online home right now, and 'thepacksden' is a secondary destination, for when I have a little extra free time.

My best wishes and hopes to Figarou (whom I actually talked with over the phone for the first time a few days ago) for his life troubles. I had no idea. ... you sounded so cheerful on the phone ...

Later.
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Private.
Last edited by Figarou on Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
outwarddoodles
Custom Title: I'm here! What more do you want?

Post by outwarddoodles »

Moonkit: That kind of happens when you've been here long enough; You miss a lot of the old members, and the new ones just confuse you. I have a mental list of characters I'd like to see return, but I don't regret meeting a lot of the new members, too.

Yup, I'd definitely say you're a 'senior' member now.
8)
"We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream."
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MoonKit »

outwarddoodles wrote:Moonkit: That kind of happens when you've been here long enough; You miss a lot of the old members, and the new ones just confuse you. I have a mental list of characters I'd like to see return, but I don't regret meeting a lot of the new members, too.

Yup, I'd definitely say you're a 'senior' member now.
8)
So Im an old lady now, eh? Just because almost everybody before me left? :lol:

Ive gotten quite used to all you "new" guys. I like everybody just as much. It was just so weird seeing like nachoboy's avatar.

And Fig, I'm very sorry, I hope everything works out well for you. And I hope your legs feel better.
outwarddoodles

Post by outwarddoodles »

MoonKit wrote: So Im an old lady now, eh?
*waggles cane* Why....all these young whipper-snappers don't know 'ow lucky dey are. In fact, in my day, we all had to walk 3 miles before you got to post...and we ain't got no fruity-tooty board feature ya'll got now. Kid ain't got no respect these days, nooo sirree.
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MoonKit »

outwarddoodles wrote:
MoonKit wrote: So Im an old lady now, eh?
*waggles cane* Why....all these young whipper-snappers don't know 'ow lucky dey are. In fact, in my day, we all had to walk 3 miles before you got to post...and we ain't got no fruity-tooty board feature ya'll got now. Kid ain't got no respect these days, nooo sirree.

:roflmao:

I remember way back when when there was no chat! And AB actually posted! Still waiting on that pack pendant though. :lol:
outwarddoodles

Post by outwarddoodles »

I know! I remember when we started adding the Pack Smileys; They released the Freeborn Manuscript; Anthony created the original website; He created the 'werewolf paw' CG; And Anthony actually posted monthly updates. Heck, we used the old layout, and forum sections, too.

:shift:
Silverclaw

Post by Silverclaw »

Remember the test scene AB made? It was a guy tied up to a tree with the women werewolf(in human form) taunting him.
Also the cg human eye turning a gold color/reflective.
The Pack calender.(still have mine)
The project we all started trying to make a giant Pack picture. I did Figs, Renori(sp), and Akugauro(sp)
And the first werewolf photo manipulations from waaaayyy back. The gray werewolf with his arms crossed and the girl werewolf sitting in a chair.
AB had a couple videos of himself talking about Freeborn(aka Devoured). Showing off the awesome werewolf paw he sculpted.
I miss the monthly updates from him the most I think.
:D
The good ol' days...
Vagrant
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vagrant »

Silverclaw wrote:The Pack calender.(still have mine)
This?

Also, do you happen to have links to the other bits of media you mentioned, Silver? That'd make for a great bunch of additions to the wiki!
Silverclaw

Post by Silverclaw »

Sadly no. :(
I think they are all lost to time now :P AB could still have them, but he disappeared from here. If anyone could actually get in contact with him, maybe he could put it up again :D

The Pack group project is buried somewhere in the old art thread I believe. I should try and look for it...
outwarddoodles

Post by outwarddoodles »

Oh yeah! And remember when the teaser trailer was first introduced -- we all went nuts!

:grinp:
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

I try to poke my head in at least once a week. 2008 was a crappily busy year for me, but 2009 looks to be a lot better.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MoonKit »

outwarddoodles wrote:Oh yeah! And remember when the teaser trailer was first introduced -- we all went nuts!

:grinp:
That trailer looked so awesome. Too bad it's like a year and a half later...
Vagrant
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vagrant »

I remember the trailer too.

Hmm...

What would be interesting is if amateur Werewolf films started popping up, with a tale like Freeborn's or other new-age storylines, it might be possible to carefully side-step the need for special effects.

That'd certainly make for an interesting college project, if anyone's doing that kind of thing!
MattSullivan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MattSullivan »

Dunno if you were talking about ME...when you mentioned the name Matt. But...

I have been busy with my FAMILY GUY job, and JUST moved into a new home. DEAR GOD, I hate living in Los Angeles, but this is where Hollywood is, and i can't really work anywhere else. CAMP LYCANTHROPE is far past finished, and I'm working on a new screenplay titled ORPHAN. Dunno if anyhting will come of either...but eh...we;ll see.

Keeping a close eye on THE PACK, just not posting as often.
Watergazer
Dealing with the Change
Dealing with the Change

Post by Watergazer »

Fig...sorry to hear about your loss. I myself just lost my grandfather...who was in reality my father because he raised me since both of my bioparents left when I was a baby.And his loss has been terrible to bear, and the matters of the will has caused a massive feud between the remainder family members which threaten to break us up for good. It is NOT easy, and money changes everyone. All I can suggest is that you abide by the executer and the will statements, pay the taxes, then if you feel it ought to be so...share the inheritances among your family.
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

The only people I could have told you about have already either already been mentioned or have shown up in this thread themselves. People come and go all the time; that's how a forum works.

Figarou:
You're not alone Fig. Neither of my parents have spoken to any of their siblings in the last ten years (my father was the eldest of seven BTW); my father's siblings all resent him for things he was left, my mother resents her sister because she was cheated out of her half of the family home, and I have no doubt in my mind that, when my parents pass away, my brother is going to put me through more hell than both of our parents were put through combined.

I would never recommend suicide though, especially if your brother is even a quarter the piece of shiznydum you just described him to be. Your brother sounds just like mine: a spiteful, short-tempered materialistic douche bag.

Do you really want to give someone like that the satisfaction of attending your funeral? Having just read that, I think it's safe to say your mother made a wise decision giving the house to someone else; if that's how he responds to not getting his way, he clearly never deserved it to begin with.

You owe it to yourself to keep on living, and to make sure he can't get away with what he's done. Seriously, even though you've been reimbursed, keep a tally on what was broken and how much it cost anyway. You're going to need that when you get a restraining order, and when his wife hauls his sorry a** to divorce court (it sounds like you're on the same page with her in regards to your brother, so it might be worthwhile to stay in touch with her afterward).

It might be hard and depressing because maybe you didn't feel this way about your brother before, but let me tell you something: getting the house didn't turn your brother into a douche bag. Maybe before he was just good at hiding it, but trust me, he was one from the start.
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MoonKit »

MattSullivan wrote:Dunno if you were talking about ME...when you mentioned the name Matt. But...
Of course I was talking about you! :evil: