Anatomy of a Werewolf Book

The place for anything at all...
Watergazer
Dealing with the Change
Dealing with the Change

Anatomy of a Werewolf Book

Post by Watergazer »

Hey everyone, new to this board. I'm a huge werewolf lover and just finished creating a narrated art guidebook called "Anatomy of a Werewolf." It's 335 pages and has over 2,700 images (at least I stopped counting at that point), and has tons of real life animal photo references. Although it's main feature is the werewolf species there are several other were-animals illustrated therein from were-tigers to were-bears, both following along with my created werewolf "world" and also giving other artists the opportunity to have more species references to use. I am hoping other artists use the artwork and have fun drawing their own weres, but you don't have to be an artist to enjoy the book, as I narrated it from the viewpoint of a rule-breaking were-coyote.

**Want to get a preview of the book? Type in "Anatomy of a Werewolf" in YouTube and you'll find my WIP video and the final creation video. Or click here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzBzpVDDx_Y and here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vemdSVJYXu4**

It took over 4 years to create start to finish and it covers werewolf society, history, transformation, sexuality, religion, muscle, bone, and skeletal structure, vampire hatred, and laws. I'm currently taking orders for those interested. The book costs $40 and the PDF CD rom costs $25, which is the best option if you live overseas. Shipping the book within the US costs $6, and the CD ships for $3 US. If you live outside the US contact me for a quote. My email address and PayPal addy is Watergazer@Comcast.net. Here's what you get:

THE BOOK:
Black and white interior pages, created direct from the PDF so every copy is a 1st generation
Full color page of 3 FREE bookmarks.
Perfect bound and durable

THE CD:
PDF format
More than 15 images in full color
Full color page of 3 FREE bookmarks
You can print your own copy

NOTE: The book is Rated R currently but a P-13 version will be available in the future. It's rated R due to some gore, violence, and nudity. I cover ALL aspects of the werewolf including genitalia and mating, though handled in a decent manner. No spooge or wanton images of sex. No visible penetration.
Gevaudan
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Music Lover
Additional Details: Find me under my new username @RhyeRhythm on Twitter, Telegram, FurAffinity, Weasyl, and Furry Network!
Mood: Happy

Re: Anatomy of a Werewolf Book

Post by Gevaudan »

First of all, since you're new to the board, you need to be duckied. It's tradition, please understand. :D

:wetwolf4: :duckbomb: :duckbomb2: :ducktoss3:

Secondly, your artwork is fantastic! It's exquisitely detailed, and it reminds me of Da Vinci: the skeleton, muscles, fur patterns, physiology, motion studies, behavior, etc.

Thirdly, I have no idea why you didn't join this forum sooner! The content of your book seems to coincide perfectly with one of The Pack's goals: to deconstruct werewolves and the myths behind them. It's such an amazing coincidence, and I, for one, am glad that you are a part of our community!

:welcome:
And everything under the sun is in tune, but the sun is eclipsed by the moon.

Find me under my new username @RhyeRhythm on Twitter, Telegram, FurAffinity, Weasyl, and Furry Network!
Watergazer
Dealing with the Change
Dealing with the Change

Post by Watergazer »

I had heard about Freeborn when it was originally entitled "Devoured" and I saw a trailer about it, but since then haven't followed up until now due to many life issues I've faced plus the constant work involved on this book and other projects. I'd largely been away from forums as a whole...but now upon looking up werewolf forums I find The Pack boards and what "Devoured" turned into. Pretty awesome looking up what everyone has been saying about what makes a werewolf...many of us think along the very same wavelengths.

Anyway, I'm here now and thanks for your comments and welcoming me.

Lol, I understand the duckies!
Berserker
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Berserker »

It's a great-looking book.
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The one and only were-jaguarundi!

Post by PariahPoet »

Glad to see plenty of were-cats too! Image
Watergazer
Dealing with the Change
Dealing with the Change

Post by Watergazer »

Thank you! And yes...plenty of the feline variety too.
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Ahh I just heard about your book not too long ago. I have to say I find it all very interesting, I'll try to order a copy. :D
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
outwarddoodles
Custom Title: I'm here! What more do you want?

Post by outwarddoodles »

We've already been oogling the previews of your newest book you've poste on Youtube. Believe me, I was SO excited to get my paws on a copy when I first heard you were working on this project. I totally NEED one. Amazing artwork.
"We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream."
Watergazer
Dealing with the Change
Dealing with the Change

Post by Watergazer »

You mean you guys on the forum know me offa me original YouTube work in progress post? Awesome...good to know folks are finding me even without my attempts to promote. It's certainly not easy, and I am having a VERY hard time even explaining my work to people in real life who see the hard copy. Most of them don't understand why I, a woman, would do something like this...or see a value in any of it...yet are impressed at the effort put in. Even so, it has been disheartening to showcase the book to people in person and I don't go out of my way to tell people about it in real life. On-line folks are so much more interested and understanding, it's just too bad I can't show you guys in person. And I hate when people see the book and say...oh, it's for gay furries. Yes I am marketing with furries in mind as a major source of sales, but it is absolutely not a furry book. It's for those who loves were-creatures of many kinds (mainly predator canine and feline kinds). It's unfortunate so many people saw CSI and now attribute any kind of anthropormorphic work as "furry." This INCLUDES artwork of werewolves...if they are not graphically gory and ripping someone to shreds, as is the acceptable form of a werewolf...not a possibly intelligent, thinking being. What gives?
outwarddoodles
Custom Title: I'm here! What more do you want?

Post by outwarddoodles »

Watergazer, do you realize how much I would hypothetically KILL just to see a book like yours sitting on a library shelf like me, or to grasp such a volume in my hands when I originally became interested in werewolves and couldn't find any redeemable media pertaining to them? Beautiful artwork aside (I know, I'm gushing, but as an artist myself I worship the way you catch the personality and characters of your werewolves -- a talent beyond mere technical skill.), I'm even more excited to see the amount of information I'm expecting out of this. It's so difficult to find information about werewolves outsite of a foot note in a horror encyclopedia or somesuch; maybe because there's not enough werewolf fans publishing their work.

But this is like one big gift from one dedicated werewolf fan to another.

And to tell you the truth: Your Youtube video is what TOTALLY sold me. I want to see that artwork firsthand, I was AMAZED at the volume of drawings you're including.
"We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream."
Watergazer
Dealing with the Change
Dealing with the Change

Post by Watergazer »

Wow thanks so much! You don't know what it means to hear that...well, read it...and not have someone just take a half minute glance at the book in hand and go, "yeah, it's nice, but werewolves?" and put it down and go do something else without so much of a reading through the intro.
Kelpten
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kelpten »

Ohhhh I'd love that! I'm just unfortunately broke. :( At least I can admire it on youtube a little. Welcome to the pack. :D
Vagrant
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Prolific Procrastinator

Post by Vagrant »

As soon as I get a chance, I'm going to put in an order for one of these too. I've been thinking about it for a while, and thought I'm no artist, the desire to snag one all the same (jsut to appreciate the art itself) has been creeping up on me. And this might just be the item that will rekindle my old interests, and have me reaching for a good, mechanical pencil again.
Watergazer
Dealing with the Change
Dealing with the Change

Post by Watergazer »

I'd love that. I know the market is hard right now and everyone is pinching pennies because it's so hard. And I hate that the book has to be so pricey but I've really had no choice. Each books costs $31 to print. 'Course I save more by printing 5 or 10 copies at once but still. Hence the CD option. But I don't plan to ever quit the printing so as long as there is interest I will always have the books available.
Dreamer
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Dreamer »

You know, I would love to see you go to a big publishing company and end up with the book mass produced and on store shelves nationwide. Have you thought about trying that?

But I still might ask for it for my birthday as-is.
XIV
Cyberwatt
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Packmate of Sabbatis
Mood: Happy

Post by Cyberwatt »

An excellent work, Watergazer! Your YouTube video sold me. This is definitely worthy of a place in anyone's collection. Nice job.
http://thevindicad.blogspot.com/ - The new apocalyptic serial novel. With werewolves!
Watergazer
Dealing with the Change
Dealing with the Change

Post by Watergazer »

I got your order request Cyber! Sorry for the delayed E-Mail...I do have a book set aside for you.

Also, Dreamer, I'm told a lot that it was the YouTube vid. that sold folks on the book. It's really a MUST SEE thing and I always try to get people to go watch the video if they are undecided. Unfortunately this is what makes it so hard to sell the book over the internet, especially one with a high price tag, but thank goodness for YouTube since it has helped a LOT. From those who have bought and seen the book I have gotten great reviews and everyone was happy they did get a copy, in book or CD form.

I WISH I could get it onto store shelves but I tell you, I have other books more aptly suited for the open market that still have not reached there simply because of the warehousing costs of getting a book to be in the chain stores. Basically, it's a ton of money to get the books into the warehouse and even more if the books then do not sell because you have to pay fees for taking up warehouse space if they don't sell in a required amount of time! This is why major publishing houses dominate, but to get published with any of them is like winning the lottery 20 times over...nigh impossible unless you know someone who knows someone in the business and pay a good agent.
Celestialwolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Werewolf at Heart
Additional Details: Used to be Lazywolf

Post by Celestialwolf »

Founder, Werewolves At Heart group.
--
My DeviantArt profile and Character Sheet
Nightmane
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Well that depends good sir...

Post by Nightmane »

Hi, im a cadet at a military school down in FL, and ive actually just stumbled upon the The Pack as I was looking around on the internet during some spare time in graphics class today. Unfortunatly, the school that i go to blocks youtube on the weekends and my computer has YET to be fixed (as a matter of fact im running this in safe mode right now). But when my computer is fixed, I would LOVE to get a look at the artwork. Me and my brother have always been in love with the art and the writings about shapeshifters and werewolves, so as soon as I can, i will take a look at that youtube.

:D
"for if you stare long enough into the Abyss, the Abyss stares also into you."
— Friedrich Nietzsche,

"I am Ragnar and I defy you!" -THE SPACE WOLF OMNIBUS

CLICK IT!!!http://www.craigslist.org/about/best/sfo/66795671.html

Mix
Custom Title: I'm being bullied by the VCA in Austin, TX. Please help me 773-606-5408

Post by Mix »

Can anyone upload a copy? I'm the co-author and lost mine
Mix
Custom Title: I'm being bullied by the VCA in Austin, TX. Please help me 773-606-5408

Post by Mix »

I still need a copy sent to mp3product@gmail.com