The place for anything at all...
Lewis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Lets mosh like a werewolf
Mood: Happy

What’s the most you ever dun to be more like a werewolf

Post by Lewis »

E.g. letting fingernails grow longer and shaping them to a point contact lenses hair growing?

and like Behaviour too ? if anyone lol

I am trying getting super fit and trying fingernails one might as well makes life more fun :)
Don't blame it on sunshine
Don't blame it on moonlight
Don't blame it on good times

well actually do blame it on the moonlight :P
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Re: What’s the most you ever dun to be more like a werewolf

Post by Scott Gardener »

I ate raw lamb once. I had to try it. It was pretty good, too.

Edit: Just a word of caution: don't eat raw meat unless you are absolutely confident of the source. Most meats from markets could contain parasites, which is why we've developed a cultural practice of cooking.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Vagrant
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Prolific Procrastinator

Post by Vagrant »

I have long hair, such long hair. When I go bald, I'm going to end up looking like some bizarre, new-age monk. And I'll probably love every minute of it. I haven't started thinning out yet, thankfully.

The other thing of note that I can think of is that I interact with my canine companion (a Samoyed) by his means; body language, interactions, sounds, and so on. I quite frequently engage in bouts of howling with him too, though I try not to do that too much as it probably annoys the neighbours. Though if I ever go a week without at least one howl, people will know that I've been kidnapped and replaced with a robotic imposter. Or something.
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The one and only were-jaguarundi!

Post by PariahPoet »

I always keep my nails pointed. And regularly eat raw meat as well. Like Scott, I wouldn't recommend this for everybody. I have the digestive tolerance of a coyote. Then of course I have my costumes, but none of these things are werewolf related. Were-cat, rather. Image
Lewis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lewis »

Vagrant wrote:The other thing of note that I can think of is that I interact with my canine companion (a Samoyed) by his means; body language, interactions, sounds, and so on. I quite frequently engage in bouts of howling with him too, though I try not to do that too much as it probably annoys the neighbours. Though if I ever go a week without at least one howl, people will know that I've been kidnapped and replaced with a robotic imposter. Or something.
Robotic imposter hehehehe I muck about with me m8ts dog too its fun

Even though I have a budgerigar but he also fun lol :D

outwarddoodles
Custom Title: I'm here! What more do you want?

Post by outwarddoodles »

I used to have such long, curly hair that extended down to my bum. Even better: my hair PERFECTLY matched the fur on my werewolf mask -- what an awesome effect I could pull off with my hair down, mask on, and black cloak/robes covering the rest of my body.

I can't say I've ever tried to intentionally alter myself to fit the image of a werewolf -- but I would like a werecat related tattoo one day. I'm even considering getting rossettes across my back and arms, or pawpads tattooed on the balls of my feet.

I've also been trying to work up my flexibility lately -- once again, though, I'm doing this much more towards an image of a werecat.

:D
"We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream."
lycanthropeful
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Werewolf Wannabe
Mood: Ruthless

Post by lycanthropeful »

I'd like to stay a human - I know that being a werewolf exists only in my fantasy - so I'm content (achingly so, though) with daydreaming to fill that void of desire. So, I've done nothing drastic to make myself more like a werewolf. My only goals that could be considered a bit lupine are just me working out, honestly. I'd love to add some formidable muscle mass to my frame. I mean, I have a little bit as it is, but nothing drastic. :x

That's half the reason I feel a connection with lycanthropy - it's that "breakaway" theory, how in a more powerful state, you can free yourself from a vulnerable human form and transcend into that physical power you are denied within your human limitations. The only actual way I can achieve that (since I won't be becoming a werewolf any time soon!) is to increase my physical power.

I can't stand keeping my nails long - that's a major pet peeve of mine. Though once, I cut my nails in a hurry one morning, and forgot to clip only my right index finger nail. It stayed longer than the rest for about a week (with the intention of growing it out to claw length in mind), but my slightly OCD/staunch Libra self couldn't stand it being longer than the rest, and the weird "feeling" knowing that it was uncomfortably long forced me to cut it. :o

I hate long hair, too... the longest mine gets is shoulder length, and I ALWAYS (read: ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS, 24/7/365) wear my hair up.

Guess I'm failing pretty hard, haha.
SaxGirl1010 @ deviantART
Art commissions are currently OPEN! Click HERE!
Vengeance, my werewolf novel: ON SALE NOW!
Wolf Gal
Banned
Custom Title: Werewolf.... Howlllllll
Mood: Depressed

Post by Wolf Gal »

hey i have done every thing believe me this stuff really works.
i look like a female werewolf. :shift: :howl:  :oo
Grrrrrr........ Dragons or werewolves i am so in..........
http://world7.monstersgame.co.uk/?ac=vid&vid=113179143
go to this website to become a werewolf
Pet's name: Shana
Adopt your own!
http://new-moon-movie.net/forum
go to this if you like newmoon and twilight and all that stuff
Wingman
Game Master
Game Master
Custom Title: Dastardly ne'er-do-well in search of a lickspittle

Post by Wingman »

The most I've ever done to be more like a werewolf? Nothing, at least not with the intent of "Hey, if I do this I'll look like a werewolf."

Though, every so often I let myself drift over into the feral appearance, since I only really get one or two haircuts a year. It starts to get a bit curly when it hangs below my chin, so it gets rather wild.
But really, in appearance I'm closer to vampire, since werewolves don't come this pale.
http://stevebot-7.deviantart.com/
Quod sumus hoc eritis

Aspirant writer-artist.
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Post by RedEye »

I used to have Canidentia Imperfecta (really long eye teeth). They looked like fangs, and I used them that way.

Then they fell out.

(sigh) :(
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
wolfward
Legendary
Legendary
Additional Details: Therian and you'll never stop me.
Mood: Angry

Post by wolfward »

I haven't stand-up-hair, which I think is pretty wild....I want to let it grow, but my parents seem to have a problem if it gets past the 2-inch mark. I do go into the forest a lot, I enjoy the woods, especially at night, and if I'm ever feeling down, I just go up to the forest for a few hours. I don't know if that counts, but I am, spiritually, a Lycan already. I do enjoy raw meat, it's not exactly great-tasting, but it's more of a feeling you get, I don't know, it's kind of hard to describe. I love the moon(Despite the fact it's been hiding every night for the past week) and I do await and adore it when it is full. My social life pretty much in tatters, and I howl at least once a week. So, though I may not look the part, I resemble the behavior of wolf.
Therian(The Animal Inside)
Why do people say they care?
And never ask of your despair?
Why do people say they know?
Then off the cliff and down they go.
Why do people think they're glad?
When deep down inside they're truely sad?
Why am I the only one who sees?
I guess that no one else believes. :(

by Me
Cyberwatt
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Packmate of Sabbatis

Post by Cyberwatt »

Interesting posts. While I've never actively tried to transform myself, I have noticed a few things that would have tempted me to become a therian had not my worldview precluded such things.

My own canines are abnormally sharp (it actually made a child stare at me once). My ears are also slightly pointed, which caused quite a bit of childhood jeering. In addition, I suffer from equinus deformities (shortened achilles tendons) that, as a child, often found me unconsciously walking on the balls of my feet (again to much jeering).

Suffice to say, I don't for a moment believe I about to "turn;" but I can certainly see why some people throughout history have been suspected or accused of lycanthropy in the classical sense.

Now as to my interest in Lovecraft? Now that's just mental instability. :lol:
http://thevindicad.blogspot.com/ - The new apocalyptic serial novel. With werewolves!
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The one and only were-jaguarundi!

Post by PariahPoet »

For the record, you can't decide to be therian. You either are or you aren't. The only decision you can make is whether or not you accept it if you are.
Leonca~
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Cat who walks by Herself
Mood: Stressed

Post by Leonca~ »

Hmm, a few things I guess, though more behavior just to be silly than altering my looks.
I have pointy canine teeth that kind of look like fangs, so I’m always staring at myself in the mirror and making werewolf faces for fun. Sometimes when I have to be in a group and take funny face pictures I make a face like a snarling wolf. I also sometimes draw bones on my hand, hold it up to my face, and take photos of myself baring my teeth to give it that “feral” feel.
Perhaps more wolflike, I like to “stalk” people. Sometimes when I see somebody with their back turned to me distracted I get this weird urge to sneak up on them. If I do I just stand there until they turn and see me standing there. Sometimes they scream. :lol: Sometimes I also unconsciously stare at people with a really wide eyed look that seems to freak them out. I guess sometimes I come off a bit predatory, though probably closer in behavior to a cat than a wolf really.
I love meat. I like the smell of raw meat, but I could never eat it. I’m actually taking a class now in vet school about identifying and diagnosing parasites, so many of which come from undercooked meat. Visceral larval migrans has scared any kind of temptation to try that right out if me.
I wonder if werewolves would have problems with worms? Might be kind of awkward to have your doctor diagnose you with a case of canine parasites. :P
Sombra avatar by Leopreston at deviantart.com
Blue-eyes in the dark
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The doomed Chocolate lover.

Post by Blue-eyes in the dark »

I Don't really try to look like a wild beast, it's just my blue eyes have a lite shade of another color around my iris, i almost want to say it's yellow, but i wouldn't want to give my hopes up. plus i'm agile,flexible, strong, yet my frame is slim. Though, at times i do feel like I'm not myself, and i start moving silently, causing others to get freaked out when i seem to come out of thin air.
Granted, becoming a furred, wild, beast, has been my number one wish since i was a kid.
Reading an distributing copies of "The Werewolf's Guide to Life: a Manuel for the newly bitten" Help, where it's needed.
Lewis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lewis »

Woo I didn’t think I get some replies to this but cool see I did that makes me happy :)

For me physically getting heathery and strong is good way not only feel more werewolf like but jut be a good human and any toher iders that hit me as be fun to scare people :howl:  :oo

MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets
Mood: Indifferent

Post by MoonKit »

I guess the only thing Ive really done is kept my hair long (down to the elbows now) and uncombed so slightly wild. But that's more personal preference then because of wanting to look like a werewolf.

I also have to agree with those who mentioned sharp teeth. My canine teeth are noticeably sharp I guess. Ive had strangers tell me so when I smiled. But, again, that's not on purpose.

Ive thought about yellow eye contacts, at least for Halloween. But I think putting stuff in my eyes would bug me too much. I did make a wolf tail though!
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

Does registering at this website count?
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Terastas wrote:Does registering at this website count?
Does tossing duckies at pack members count?

:jester:
Silverclaw

Post by Silverclaw »

Umm, I got long hair. Thats about it...though I've always kept it long. :P

I'd like to get a wolf or werewolfy tattoo one day though. I've also been tempted to buy a werewolf costume(or fursuit if you will). Too much money for me at this point in my life though. Heh.

I don't think I'd ever clip my nails to claw shapes, I'd most likely end up poking my eye out or something. lol

Howling is fun hwlwnk
Berserker
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Berserker »

For awhile when I was really getting into animal stuff I tried to backlash against wearing shoes. Every day I jogged a fair ways barefoot, under the idea that I could toughen up my feet, so I could wear shoes as little as possible. It started to work, but then I got bored with the idea, and I have been back to "normal" for some time.
Sioux
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: A life does not have to be human to be great.

Post by Sioux »

Berserker wrote:I have been back to "normal" for some time.
Now the chances of you getting worms has decreased. Yay for shoes!
Silverclaw

Post by Silverclaw »

You can get worms from walking barefoot?
Sioux
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: A life does not have to be human to be great.

Post by Sioux »

Silverclaw wrote:You can get worms from walking barefoot?
Yes. Parasite infected animal feces are concerns one needs to remember when walking barefoot. Walking barefoot where animals have defecated is a major source of parasite infections - especially when you CAN'T SEE the actual animal feces - you just happen to be walking where they have been before. Humans usually contract roundworms or hookworms from walking in infected feces.

Also, did you know that Americans now have the highest rate of toxoplasmosis parasites in the world? You have probably heard of this one as all pregnant women are warned about toxplasmosis because they can die from an infestation.
Toxoplasmosis lives in the brain of it's host and the host is usually unaware of it. There are millions of people in the world who have this parasite in their brain...and they don't even know it.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ahem. I apologize for getting off topic there. Anyway. Honestly, I haven't tired to change any aspect of myself to resemble a werewolf. No, growing hair out, or sharpening fingernails, building up calluses, colored contacts, etc. I've considered it though. But then I realized how ridiculas I'd look and decided otherwise.
The most I've ever done is examine myself to see if I'm a wolf therian. I know not everyone considers wolf therians werewolves, but nevertheless, that's the closest I've ever come.
Last edited by Sioux on Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:50 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Silverclaw

Post by Silverclaw »

Now you got me all paranoid that I could have parasites living in my brain :shudder:

:P

On-topic: I've also researched about therians and have taken an interest in them. Not 100% sure if I am one though.