Recent group in Second Life (main Grid)

The place for anything at all...
Werewolf Warrior
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Warrior Hero
Additional Details: Email: werewolfwarrior@ymail.com

http://myspace.com/werewolfwarrior

Main Grid Second Life Name: Alexie Borgin.
Mood: Excited

Recent group in Second Life (main Grid)

Post by Werewolf Warrior »

Well i made a group for members that have Avatars on Second Life.

Its Called "Werewolf Nation" (similar to Furnation, but different)

It is also on the teen grid (which i had up 3 weeks ago for ppl interested in joining that group on teen Second life.

If your interested reply to this post or Log in to Second Life. (dont worry this is not a advertise...its a letting you know post)

One of the members here in this forum joined as my Admin in the Main grid...I think his forum name was redeye not sure exactly, but still.

However, like i said this a just to let you know post.
Werewolf Nation Leader

If any of you wish to join us in Second Life please do, and if you want to you can join our site at http://www.werewolfnation.webs.com/index.htm
Ceekur
Legendary
Legendary

Re: Recent group in Second Life (main Grid)

Post by Ceekur »

More werewolf groups is always nice, although I remember Kaebora making a group for Pack members specifically some time ago, which is still running now. Oh well; people could always join both. :D
Assuming the 25 group limit hasn't hit them yet. :P
' They have come to take my life...
Let us settle this 300 year-old war once and for all...
Who shall live...? Who shall die...? ' ~ Moonlight Symphony - Vampire Night

RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Post by RedEye »

As a rule in SL, most people don't even manage to be active in ten groups, let alone twenty-five. All that happens is that you get IM's cluttering up your screen and making no sense at all. ??

And I don't much play a Werewolf in SL... Just a plain, ordainary, Wolf; who is being trained in Scripting, Primwork, and the Roman Army in the Roma sim. It's fun and a way to meet interesting people who happen to be animals. :wink:
Okay, I'm a Furry. Sue me. :P My main character is a two tailed Fox who hangs out in the Japanese sims. You can tell who the Nipponese players are by their reacitons to a two tailed fox praying at Inari's shrine while wearing a tee-shirt that says "Kitsune" on it.
And that's just the laid-back stuff... :lol:

Seriously, Second Life is a cheap, enjoyable, fun way to spend some spare time. L$1000 costs around $4.00. There are alot of Freebies, and even a Teen SL for those who are not old enough for beer. It's also a good way to practice your social skills as well as improving your typing speed. There are also SERIOUS Educational opportunities available in the Second Life universe.
All you need is a good fast connection (phonelines are not allowed) and a decent computer.

The Pack already HAS an organization there, and now Werewolf Warrior is setting up a second one. This is, I think, a good thing.
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
Werewolf Warrior
Legendary
Legendary

Indeed it is redeye, heck i had it started i think friday. Which I encountered you the next day redeye.

:D and im a furry too (well sort of but still) so deal with it lol XD
but im more of a Werewolf fan than a furry (but i dont go to conventions, becuase Im only a myspace/youtube furry sort of speak).

After I receive members I should be able to at least get a Werewolf Nation Web site sometime next month or in 2010 while im submiting my art on my current site http://www.lunarwolfsociety.webs.com/ which is a temporary spot for members of Werewolf Nation untill I get members (not that im demanding, but its just a possiblity)

so far on the teen grid of Second Life I have 14 to 15 members on there currently (that includes me on both grids), and on the main grid i have five to six members. so in this case I might think if we're able to search the main grid for werewolf fans we might increase the need of members for the main grid "Werewolf Nation", that also goes for the teen grid verson of the group.
Werewolf Nation Leader

If any of you wish to join us in Second Life please do, and if you want to you can join our site at http://www.werewolfnation.webs.com/index.htm
Ceekur
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Ceekur »

I'm not too active on SL and I already have collected over a dozen groups just for notices and avatar announcements. People who actually buy/sell items, are involved in or manage activity-specific groups (such as a popular RP), or own and manage land/entire sims often have to deliberate over which group is least important for them to be in at the time when they need to join a new group. While I agree that most of the time group chats tend to stray close to the lines of miscellaneous radio chatter reminiscent of the ones in TV shows and movies, listening in can let you know what's going on in the group, remind you of coming events, and help you find new tricks and tips with your building and whatnot. There's a JIRA up right now that aims to refine groups and create different types in order to lessen the need for an overall group limit.
Redeye wrote:And I don't much play a Werewolf in SL... Just a plain, ordainary, Wolf; who is being trained in Scripting, Primwork, and the Roman Army in the Roma sim. It's fun and a way to meet interesting people who happen to be animals.
Heh, I'm a wolf in SL as well; just a bi-pedal wolf though, not a were. Although given how most "furry" avatars are styled to look at least somewhat toony, and mine has more realistic fur textures and coloring, I get called a were often. :lol:

I have to agree about the many opportunities SL has. The world is also massive - with many user-created areas and new ones appearing all the time. It's great to see what people can do with virtual worlds now; all that is needed is the hardware and connection of the average user to catch up.

I'll join Werewolf Warrior's group next time I'm on - perhaps we'll finally meet in SL, Redeye. :grinp:

Werewolf Warrior
Legendary
Legendary

Ceekur wrote:I'm not too active on SL and I already have collected over a dozen groups just for notices and avatar announcements. People who actually buy/sell items, are involved in or manage activity-specific groups (such as a popular RP), or own and manage land/entire sims often have to deliberate over which group is least important for them to be in at the time when they need to join a new group. While I agree that most of the time group chats tend to stray close to the lines of miscellaneous radio chatter reminiscent of the ones in TV shows and movies, listening in can let you know what's going on in the group, remind you of coming events, and help you find new tricks and tips with your building and whatnot. There's a JIRA up right now that aims to refine groups and create different types in order to lessen the need for an overall group limit.
Okay O_o' sounds interesting Ceekur, so when are you active on Second Life?
Ceekur wrote:Heh, I'm a wolf in SL as well; just a bi-pedal wolf though, not a were. Although given how most "furry" avatars are styled to look at least somewhat toony, and mine has more realistic fur textures and coloring, I get called a were often. :lol:

I'll join Werewolf Warrior's group next time I'm on - perhaps we'll finally meet in SL, Redeye. :grinp:
I hope so :lol: because not many people get a good appertunity to join a specific group.
Werewolf Nation Leader

Ceekur
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Ceekur »

I mostly appear on and off right now. I need to get to finishing my model projects though.

I joined your group yesterday, so you should be able to see me listed now.

Silverclaw

Post by Silverclaw »

I've never been on SL before.
What do you do there? What does it look like(lots of different enviornments?)?
Do you have to pay to get an avatar/character?
We had dial-up up until recently so I never did much gaming, or anything like that. Does playing SL take up a lot of GB?
Werewolf Warrior
Legendary
Legendary

Well in second life, you can make stuff, build stuff, join groups, and other stuff.

however getting the program money (a.k.a. Linden) requires real money or credit cards on the internet which parents seem to think its a "Huck Finn" transaction, or its a waste of Money.

but to me I probably rather earn linden than buy linden.

I dont know if it does take up alot of gigabites or not.
Werewolf Nation Leader

RedEye

Post by RedEye »

Silverclaw wrote:I've never been on SL before.
hwat do you do there? hwat does it look liek(lots of different enviornments?)?
Do you have to pay to get an avatar/character?
We had dial-up up until recently so I never did much gaming, or anything liek that. Does playing SL take up a lot of GB?
Okay Silverclaw, let me tell you a little about Second Life.
1. You need a good computer with a good video card and at least 1 Gig of RAM.
2. You need a fast connection. I have a 6Gig/sec hookup, if that tells you anything. SL won't connect to a dial-up; period.
3. Most important: you need to have a good sense of humor and a vivid imagination. If you lack that, forget the other two; SL isn't for you.

What is Second Life? A universe, a world, that exists in Linden Labs' computers and servers. You can be anyone and anything you want to be, in Second Life. You can build, play games, live in your own house, be another species, interact with people, and generally have a good time.
You also need to fill in the info in the free registration form, including your birthday. Why? There are "Mature" areas in SL that you won't be able to access if SL doesn't know you are over 18.
Recently, this has bitten a LOT of Furries in the tail simply because they didn't fill out the forms with their free registration.
Things cost Lindens in SL, and you buy them with either a Paypal, Bank, or other account. Lacking that, you can "Camp" and earn Lindens by letting someone use your Avatar as a model or as "decoration". You can also work in SL and make money that way.
Lindens are roughly $4.00 US. for L$1,000; or about 2 1/2 cents per Linden dollar.
In Second Life, you can be who- or what- ever you have wondered about being but couldn't be because you are a human being...period.
In a way, it is the ultimate fantasy world that you can play in whenever you want to.
It also lets you learn about people. This is useful.
If you decide to try Second Life, contact one of the Pack Members who are already playing there. Having someone to show you how things work is very helpful and reduces your confusion a great deal.

That's what Second Life is about. It's the ultimate playground. :wink:
Werewolf Warrior
Legendary
Legendary

:) Plus this forum has a group there but it doesnt have a open enrollment ( :roll: which would be hard to get ppl of the forum to join that group).

however, my group is open enrolled to the SL Public...unfortunitly two of my members left namely you RedEye (which you said you're really bussy)...Although, I was really hoping you'd stay and make a story of my group while you were still in mine :(

and the other one i added the same day Redeye left, and than he left the next day. Which is wierd, because normally people would never pull that on games or other groups. heck when I saw that he left the group (which this was when i logged in)...I had a question mark on the top of my head sort of speak.

but um...other than that I am still looking for members for my group "Werewolf Nation".
Werewolf Nation Leader

Ceekur
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Ceekur »

Kaebora's group has closed enrollment since it's meant just for Pack members (probably hence why it's labeled "The Pack" rather than just "general werewolf fans"). It's not hard to join; if someone wants to join, they can just send him a quick IM on these boards containing their SL username and stating that. Last I heard, he was still watching for those.

Werewolf Warrior
Legendary
Legendary

._.' o...kay

anyways still, need members (lol XD) hopefully my group can prosper just like Furnation, and this forum.
Werewolf Nation Leader

WereWolfBoy
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Making the humans pay the wrong they have caused the pack
Additional Details: Damn the night
paws covered in blood, running
Running through the forest
Naked ,free of clothing howling
Animal instinct calls from
within.

Post by WereWolfBoy »

hhehehehehehe im joining the group XD most defintly
The world lives in silence as we howl our hearts aloud
Werewolf Warrior
Legendary
Legendary

thats if you have Second Life on your computer.
Werewolf Nation Leader

WereWolfBoy
Legendary
Legendary
within.

Post by WereWolfBoy »

yes i do lol and my mom has an account as well XD
Werewolf Warrior
Legendary
Legendary

ROFLMAO XD
Werewolf Nation Leader

Vagrant
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Prolific Procrastinator

Post by Vagrant »

You get bonus points with me RedEye for admitting furriness here. I respect that.

One thing though, Second Life isn't as demanding as all that, I've seen it run on a machine that had 512MeB of RAM, it scales very well, you just have to turn the resolution and the graphics options down a bunch, and it can just barely run on dialup but only if you turn off all of the streaming options (and are willing to wait a little while when you go into grids that you haven't cached locally yet). I know someone who played it that way for a little while.

So it is possible on lower end machines, it's just that those with less beefy computers will have to put up with muddier graphics and/or no streaming, depending on their situation. Ideally though, having 1GiB and up RAM-wise, a DirectX 9 compatible graphics card, and at least a 2Mbit (220KiB/s~) connection is for hte best. If you have say, 2GiB, a DirectX 11 graphics card, and an 8Mbit connection, then you're laughing and Second Life will run as smooth as silk.

That's the joy of computers, usually things designed for a computer can run over a scale of hardware.

And I've played SecondLife before, I have a rather nice Wolf (non-morphic) avatar but I'm always too bloody shy to interact, I'm awful like that.
Werewolf Warrior
Legendary
Legendary

well that why I have a group called "Werewolf Nation" is for Werewolf fans, and wolf furs sort of speak.
Werewolf Nation Leader

WereWolfBoy
Legendary
Legendary
within.

Post by WereWolfBoy »

lol okay you got me in that group for sure whenever i log in again XD
Werewolf Warrior
Legendary
Legendary

Indeed lol XD
Werewolf Nation Leader

RedEye

Post by RedEye »

Vagrant wrote:You get bonus points with me RedEye for admitting furriness here. I respect that.

And I've played SecondLife before, I have a rather nice Wolf (non-morphic) avatar but I'm always too bloody shy to interact, I'm awful like that.
Well, I figure that since I managed to misplace the human avatar I was issued when I started the game; yet have repeats of varied Furry ava's, I must be a Furry at heart.
I actually had to buy another avatar just to get the shape and a few skins for situations where Fur just won't get it.
That does make it kind'a obvious.

Hint to anybody thinking of trying SL: Choose your name carefully, because once it's been chosen; that's it. The only way to change it is to close your account and start from scratch again. :(
Werewolf Warrior
Legendary
Legendary

Yeah...well with me now...One of the people in the Spiritvalley Club Staff, put a report on me cuz of the whole "Im not sure if your 18" thing.

which means I lost contact with my teen Grid Group (which in theory my group on that grid got disbanded.

And Im going to need somone that has a teen grid account and has the same leadership skill as I, to get the group back.
Werewolf Nation Leader

Kaebora
Custom Title: Werehare In Disguise
Mood: RAR!

Post by Kaebora »

Not to trounce on the WWN group or anything, but I got reports from renters in the SIM I help run that a member of that group was causing trouble and was banned from a large portion of the SIM that is privately rented by a club. I hate to see this kind of thing happen in such a small world. We need to all better understand SL etiquette to avoid complications.

Anyways, I just now saw this thread, and the group name kind of rang a bell until I remembered that incident a couple of days ago. I'd join the group, but my groups are completely full with other groups that have build and admin access, or groups I created. I only have one open slot for temporary group swapping.
Lurking softly, reading your posts, loving your ideas...
-Kaebora
Werewolf Warrior
Legendary
Legendary

Kaebora Its good to receive your reply well my group is always open for another admin.

technicly there positions (in my own way but still)

Positions:
-Leader
-Administrator
-Treasurer
-supporter(for ppl who arent werewolves but would like to support)
-Resident
-Dj
-Pup

so far i have 18 members, one of them is a admin but im trying to get at least 5 to 8 admins to work with me. Im working on getting another position in case redeye comes back to my group, which is the poisition of Novalist.

My group is for werewolf fans, but in most uses its a group to unite the Lycanthrope Factions in Second Life under one banner sort of speak. Plus this forum inspired me to make The group "Werewolf Nation".
Werewolf Nation Leader