The place for anything at all...
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

Hair

Post by Morkulv »

For about 4 or 5 years, I had long hair. About 10 cm after shoulderlength. Yesterday on my birthday, I thought I'd do something different and I went to the barber to get it all cut off. :p Well not everything, but a whole lot of it haha. The reactions I'm getting now are quite funny, and I know more people who used to have long hair but kinda got tired of it.

Anyone? :D
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Vagrant
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Prolific Procrastinator

Re: Hair

Post by Vagrant »

I've been growing my hair (with only minor shaping occurring) since I was 7, and if I were thin I'd probably look like one of those Japanese emo anime characters. As it is, I can just about almost sit on it, and it's pretty thick too. I also have a good mix of natural colours in my hair as well, which is nice.

So I'm fond of it, and I couldn't even think of cutting it. It's my pride and joy! In fact, I've even got a bit of a Samson complex, and I've freaked out around more than a couple of people who've approached me with a set of scissors. The only people who get to touch my hair are skilled hairdressers who're good at following instructions, and not taking any liberties whatsoever.

If I were ever to just cut it all off, it would be such an amazing loss for me, I can't even bear thinking about it, really. And as I get older, I'm more than happy to guard the real estate, if you know what I mean. And considering that my hair grows slowly, the length and fullness I've got it to is an achievement.

It's a hassle, but it's a hassle I welcome.
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

I had the same thing, hehe. :P There were even bets in my family where I could win 200 Euro's if I would cut it off but I didn't.

I just got tired of it I guess. I have very thick and wild hair so it was a pain for me to comb everytime. Showering was always a project because of it, and I could forget about eating without making a ponytail. Then there's the weather, and my hairline that doesn't get much better with the years... Hehe, well thats about it. :P Then again, there are lots of people who have the perfect hair for it. I don't have any regrets of having long hair because thats what I always wanted, and I kept it for at least 4 to 5 years (don't know exact) so thats at least some achievement.
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

I'm well known for my hair. It's naturally curly, and most people I've met think they're comedy geniuses when they call it an afro. It's such that I can actually shower and comb it down, and when they see it like that they'll ask if I got a haircut. :P

Though. . . I kind of think showering and combing it down just makes it look like I've gone from "afro" to "bad 80s hair," so I typically don't spend too much time in the bathroom on it. Seriously, there have been mornings where I've essentially just rolled out of bed without doing anything to my hair and I've had people ask me what I do and/or how long it takes to get it the way it is.

Is curly hair really so unusual that some people don't even know it can happen naturally?

If it were up to me, I'd let it grow out really long (because the longer it is, the better it conceals my gigantic forehead), but like most men, I inevitably always give in to nagging. :P Maybe when I have my own place I'll give it a try.
Xiroteus
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Happy

Post by Xiroteus »

I like my hair short.
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

Terastas wrote:I'm well known for my hair. It's naturally curly, and most people I've met think they're comedy geniuses when they call it an afro. It's such that I can actually shower and comb it down, and when they see it like that they'll ask if I got a haircut. :P

Though. . . I kind of think showering and combing it down just makes it look like I've gone from "afro" to "bad 80s hair," so I typically don't spend too much time in the bathroom on it. Seriously, there have been mornings where I've essentially just rolled out of bed without doing anything to my hair and I've had people ask me what I do and/or how long it takes to get it the way it is.

Is curly hair really so unusual that some people don't even know it can happen naturally?

If it were up to me, I'd let it grow out really long (because the longer it is, the better it conceals my gigantic forehead), but like most men, I inevitably always give in to nagging. :P Maybe when I have my own place I'll give it a try.
My hair started to curl as it grew longer, but only at the end. So my hair looked straight, but curley at the end. Kinda weird.

I also have the exact same problem with my forehead (although I have also seen people who have it the other way around and have their hairline almost right above their eyebrows), and that was also one of the reasons why I didn't cut if off earlier, but I must say now that I have short hair its not that bad luckily.
Kzinistzerg
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kzinistzerg »

I have long hair, but for me it's more like a scraggly mane of frizz and wavyness. It's actually in between "frizzy so it poofs out" and "curly and nice" but just at that point where no matter what I do it looks like I haven't combed it.

Being a girl, this means I have more'n enough people who're like "you should brush your hair!" and I have to reply, 'I DID!" :P
Sebiale
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Meh...

Post by Sebiale »

Kzinistzerg wrote: Being a girl, this means I have more'n enough people who're like "you should brush your hair!" and I have to reply, 'I DID!" :P
Wish I could throw that back into people's faces :P Look on their faces must be kinda amusing.

I've always had short hair, but I'm thinking of frowing the back out into a ponytail, maybe, I hear it's a hassle to shower with long hair, and I don't really like hassles, alsthough as long as it isn't actually a chore, I probably wouldn't mind.
We do not stop being children when we learn of death, we stop being children when we make peace with it.
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets
Mood: Indifferent

Post by MoonKit »

Shave it off, Morkulv!

I personally have "ten year old girl hair". Its long, its wild, its a million different lengths, its uncombed and yet it manages to be super shiny and thick. I got the good hair genes from my dad I guess. I wouldnt dream of cutting it. its about elbow length now and my trademark. Im going to be one of those old ladies with the long, half brown, half silver hair.
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets
Mood: Indifferent

Post by MoonKit »

Sebiale wrote: I've always had short hair, but I'm thinking of frowing the back out into a ponytail, maybe, I hear it's a hassle to shower with long hair, and I don't really like hassles, alsthough as long as it isn't actually a chore, I probably wouldn't mind.
It takes about a hundred years to dry if you dont use a blow dryer. :P
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend
Wingman
Game Master
Game Master
Custom Title: Dastardly ne'er-do-well in search of a lickspittle

Post by Wingman »

I usually alternate between short and medium length hair, as I usually only get one or two haircuts a year. Right now it's in the form of a Caesar cut, chopped down from about nose length in the front, and nearly down to my shoulders. I just got tired of needing to wear a hat to control it, plus I work in a kitchen, so short hair is easier to deal with.
http://stevebot-7.deviantart.com/
Quod sumus hoc eritis

Aspirant writer-artist.
silver1
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: guardian of wolves
Additional Details: When it hurts to look back,and your scared to look ahead you can look beside you and your best friend will be there.

Post by silver1 »

I hate my hair being short,i had it shoulder length until last saturday :cry: ,i had to have it cut for prom.
If you talk to the animals,they will talk to you and you will know each other.If you do not talk to them,you will not know them and what you do not know you fear,and what one fears one destroys.

Greater love hath no man than to lay down his life for a friend.

You say werewolf like its a bad thing.

http://cmrpg.net/turn.php?cid=131877&serv=1
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Post by RedEye »

(sigh)
I envy all of you. I had the sort of thin, limp hair that always looked oily and in need of washing...and that was just after I'd washed it!

Now, most of it has fallen out.... :(
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
silver1
Legendary
Legendary
Additional Details: When it hurts to look back,and your scared to look ahead you can look beside you and your best friend will be there.

Post by silver1 »

My hair always looks oily :cry:
If you talk to the animals,they will talk to you and you will know each other.If you do not talk to them,you will not know them and what you do not know you fear,and what one fears one destroys.

*nagowteena*
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: TV!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by *nagowteena* »

I used to have my hair short, or in a Mohawk. and way back when I was little I used to keep it like and afro.

now I just let it grow, since having shoulder length wavy hair is kind of new to me.
Image Image
Yeah, that hits the spot..DeviantArt ~ Youtube Avatar by Z
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Post by Aki »

I always keep my short.

My hair doesn't "do" long. It just gets thicker and thicker. I'm sure that if I let it go for long enough it could stop a bullet. :grinp:
silver1
Legendary
Legendary

Post by silver1 »

my mom is always complaining that my hair is to thick,she just wishes she had hair like mine. :lol:

Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

MoonKit wrote:Shave it off, Morkulv!
What? You mean completely? No way, its short enough as it is. :P
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

silver1 wrote:My hair always looks oily :cry:
Long hair always looks oily. I had to wash it very frequently if I wanted to avoid that look.
Howlitzer
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: yradnegeL

Post by Howlitzer »

My hair was usually always quite short (around 1-2 inches) up until a couple years ago, when I just didn't get it cut for a summer....

what had instigated that lack-of-haircut was the fact that during my previous haircut, I managed to destroy the buzzer about halfway through the haircut....which was not fun.

My dad's side of the family is known for having a *lot* of curly hair, which is a very dominant gene among most of my relatives on that side....as is the thinning hair gene (which usually asserts itself in the 20's). My mom's side has usually straight/wavy hair, and is pretty good about keeping it (my 91-year-old grandfather died with a decent head of hair that only began thinning in his late 70's).

Thus far I seem to have won on this count, as I have fairly thick, straight hair.

However, also running in my family is the tendency of straight hair to return as curly hair should the owner ever make the mistake of having their hair nearly shaved completely off... something I am going to avoid at all costs at this point.

So I'm just going to stick with my head of thick, straight hair as long as I can, only cutting it when it becomes inconvenient....which usually is when I can't keep it out of my eyes, can get it in my mouth, or manage to slam it in the car door. Thus far it's working fairly well.
Wselfwulf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Wselfwulf »

Haha, I'm suprised at the long-hair/short hair ratio. Usually I'm the odd one out. I got buzzcuts up until I was, oh, maybe 15, and then thought 'you know what? I'll try something different'. Since then I have only gotten slight trims, so it's down passed my shoulders now. I certainly look more in place at metal concerts.

It is straight but, like Morkulv, curls up around the end. This irritates me to no end, and is the reason I trim it every now and then. It also used to get quite dry and frizzy, but I think that was because, as a male, I have no idea how to use haircare and I used to shampoo it too frequently, or something as such.
Real humanity presents a mixture of all that is most sublime and beautiful with all that is vilest and most monstrous in the world - Mikhail Bakunin, God and The State

Nothing in life is certain except negative patient care outcomes and revenue enhancement - William Lutz
Howlitzer
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: yradnegeL

Post by Howlitzer »

yeah, though if you ask me, among guys, long hair seems to be becoming a bit more widespread again nowadays.

As for the greasy hair appearance....I have yet to have this problem honestly. I have sweating, hydration, and skin oil production issues....namely I don't produce enough of the right kinds of oil, and I barely sweat because my body apparently sucks at maintaining as high a level of hydration as the rest of humanity...

...even if I drink THREE GALLONS of fruit punch in one day, the end result is no change in my moderate level of thirst, my mouth is stained bright red for a week, and my urine takes on the appearance of the Red 40 dye that I have saturated my system with (which was mildly alarming, to say the least).

Though the only drawbacks I have encountered are some bigtime dry eye issues, most everything else (the fact that I never had acne issues, and really don't have to worry about sweaty laundry that much) seems to be an advantage to a small degree.

But yeah, as disgusting as it sounds, I can usually go for a good 3 days without washing my hair before it begins to look greasy...though I do not make a habit of this.