Werecon

The place for anything at all...
Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

Werecon

Post by Silverclaw »

http://werecon.org/

I'm not really sure what this thing will have. It will be an online convention(never heard of that). Nov 18 - 22, 2009.
Something to keep an eye on :)
silver1
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: guardian of wolves
Additional Details: When it hurts to look back,and your scared to look ahead you can look beside you and your best friend will be there.
Mood: Happy

Re: Werecon

Post by silver1 »

I will make sure i do,it sounds interesting.
If you talk to the animals,they will talk to you and you will know each other.If you do not talk to them,you will not know them and what you do not know you fear,and what one fears one destroys.

Greater love hath no man than to lay down his life for a friend.

You say werewolf like its a bad thing.

http://cmrpg.net/turn.php?cid=131877&serv=1
Gevaudan
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Music Lover
Additional Details: Find me under my new username @RhyeRhythm on Twitter, Telegram, FurAffinity, Weasyl, and Furry Network!

Post by Gevaudan »

Neat-o. I've never heard of an online convention before. I guess I could go to this one, since there's no great conventions that I've heard about here in Buffalo. :P
And everything under the sun is in tune, but the sun is eclipsed by the moon.

Find me under my new username @RhyeRhythm on Twitter, Telegram, FurAffinity, Weasyl, and Furry Network!
silver1
Legendary
Legendary
Additional Details: When it hurts to look back,and your scared to look ahead you can look beside you and your best friend will be there.

Post by silver1 »

I live in Tenn,so i don't hear of many conventions going on here either.
If you talk to the animals,they will talk to you and you will know each other.If you do not talk to them,you will not know them and what you do not know you fear,and what one fears one destroys.

Werewolf Warrior
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Warrior Hero
Additional Details: Email: werewolfwarrior@ymail.com

http://myspace.com/werewolfwarrior

Main Grid Second Life Name: Alexie Borgin.
Mood: Excited

Post by Werewolf Warrior »

Im a Cali lycanthrope, but I can go internet type conventions....which means lol XD I DONT HAVE TO LEAVE MY SEAT WOOH!!!!! lol XD
Werewolf Nation Leader

If any of you wish to join us in Second Life please do, and if you want to you can join our site at http://www.werewolfnation.webs.com/index.htm
silver1
Legendary
Legendary

Post by silver1 »

:lol: I hate leaving my computer chair..its sooo comfy. :lol:

Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Scott Gardener »

So, do you spend all your Linden Dollars in the dealer's room? Does the entire art room end up getting pirated the next day? Somehow, a con isn't the same if it isn't actually existing in real space-time.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Bloodyredbaron
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Undead Mutant Dinosaur
Mood: Indifferent

Post by Bloodyredbaron »

My first thought when I read the tittle? Werecoon.

Anywho, I must agree with Scott, a convention doesn't seem to have much of a point if it's just taking place on the Internet.
"I hope some animal never bores a hole in my head and lays its eggs in my brain, because later you might think you're having a good idea but it's just eggs hatching."
-Jack Handey
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Scott Gardener »

Give it a generation or two. Our grandkids will think we're strange because we drove hundreds of miles to meet strangers in person, when all they have to do is plug into The Matrix, or whatever it's called in Ghost In the Shell. And their kids will get there by astral projection.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Scott Gardener wrote:Give it a generation or two. Our grandkids will think we're strange because we drove hundreds of miles to meet strangers in person, when all they have to do is plug into The Matrix, or whatever it's called in Ghost In the Shell. And their kids will get there by astral projection.
With so many viruses floating around, I wouldn't plug myself into "The Matrix." And those hackers, who knows what they'll do to my mind if they got access to it.
Vagrant
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Prolific Procrastinator

Post by Vagrant »

I can't help but wonder if one of the most serious and nefarious crimes of the future is going to be kidnapping someone (or simply jumping them in a dark alley), forcefully "plugging them in" (and I use that term losely, as it'll most likely be possible just to do it with a person partaking of some drug and being in proximity to such a device), and then reprogramming them.

We're worryingly close to that level of technology and scenario anyway, aren't we? Wot with our ever increasing understanding of the inner-workings of the Human mind, and advertising agencies are always looking to tapdance on the edge of our collective will (or lack thereof).

Also: ELF transmitters! ...just musing.

As for Werecon, it fascinates me and I really dig the idea. There's one important point here: It's bringing a bunch of were-fans together in a graphical environment, what's not awesome about that? What would be better is if they organised an audio session (via something like Steam or Skype) to coincide with it, as that would be the best of all Worlds.

It'd be like the Pack's IRC, but on a bigger scale!

It's fun, I just know I'll be more forward thinking than my grandkids when I get them, and probably even my great grandkids if I live that long. But then I'm always singing the merits of individually possessed technology. Roll on brain HUDs, I want a microscopic SDD in mah head!
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Vagrant wrote:There's one important point here: It's bringing a bunch of were-fans together in a graphical environment, what's not awesome about that?

Are we not doing that now? I'm a were-fan. And so are you. This forum brought us together. There's more werewolf fanatics joining this place everyday. That "were-con" is just a one time thing when this forum is open year round.
Moonwatcher
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Guardian
Mood: Sad

Post by Moonwatcher »

Looks good definitly check this out
Humans Fear The Beast Within the Wolf Because
They Do Not Understand the beast Within Themselves